Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal (36320 Views)

"Aisha Buhari Wearing N8m Chopard Diamond Wristwatch" - TheSignal Says / Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Izonpikin: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
jpeg45:
Buhari should plagiarize good governance to Nigeria also, that's all we want
abi oooo... grin grin grin

Make e just copy the structures of other good democrats... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by truthspeaks: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
He stole anoda person's quote witout giving due credit, dat means buhari is an INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THIEF. Buhari shld change
dustmalik:
Fools everywhere. This is the reason I stopped commenting on this section. This can't be termed as plagiarism because it's not word for word or sentence for sentence. Calling this plagiarism is like saying some specific people have exclusivity to certain English words, which is the most stupid way of reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by drss2(m): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
obailala:
Nigeria is just too filled with plenty mumus who have no clue what plagiarism means.
did buari quoted dis: ''like a former french president once said; i belong to every body n belong to nobody'' in his may29 speech
hypocrisy is wen u shout stealing is corruption den say plagiarism is not a crime.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by obailala(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
drss2:
did buari quoted dis: ''like a former french president once said; i belong to every body n belong to nobody'' in his may29 speech
hypocrisy is wen u shout stealing is corruption den say plagiarism is not a crime.
Very soon buhari would say 'I love you' to his wife and some people would call it plagiarism of romeo's statement. undecided
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by jozee8: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
dustmalik:
Fools everywhere. This is the reason I stopped commenting on this section. This can't be termed as plagiarism because it's not word for word or sentence for sentence. Calling this plagiarism is like saying some specific people have exclusivity to certain English words, which is the most stupid way of reasoning.
Even their names should be termed as plagiarism, after all some one was once bearing that name!
Monkeys
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by alt3r3g0: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
At the rate we are going, even "Good morning" will be investigated for plagiarism.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by sammyj: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
Don't mind the wailers as if paraphrasing is not accepted. Bunch of ignoramus! ! shocked
Nusaf:
Even if he quoted the said expression, when has that become an issue? People should go and read their books and stop disturbing the public with words whose meaning, they are not sure of. What exactly do u mean by plagiarism? Look up the meaning of that word once again pls.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by MicroBox: 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
What is Plagiarism.... Even the water we drink has being drank by someone somewhere before. A writer, A Poet, An Orator, An Artist or just anybody can be someone's role model.
By the way we talk, consciously or subconsciously we are mimicking someone.
I can use one or two lines from your speech or work to qualify my expression.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
This isn't plagiarism. This accusation is just stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by iamakeeno(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
like their lives depend on it
Nusaf:
Even if he quoted the said expression, when has that become an issue? People should go and read their books and stop disturbing the public with words whose meaning, they are not sure of. What exactly do u mean by plagiarism? Look up the meaning of that word once again pls.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by searay(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
dustmalik:
Chairman no vex, this is what Plagiarism means.

Plagiarism is taking the writings or literary ideas of another and selling and/or publishing them as one's own writing. Brief quotes or use of cited sources do not constitute plagiarism.
Source
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by CplusJason: 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
But when he made that quote during the swearing in ceremony, the zombies we have here was singing his praise.

What a shameless herdsman we have as a president.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by truthspeaks: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
It's nt dat he shldnt use, but @ least give credit to the original author/speaker. If not, u r stealing 'intellectually' wch buhari has done. So he is an intellectual thief
wildchild1:
The signal, you don't know more than BBC, so STFU.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by jutah(m): 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
Who this news epp?

Quietly waiting for my mmm alert.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by truthspeaks: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
Buhari took sum1's intellectual property witout acknowledgin dat person, it's stealing n it's part of corruption. Thr4, buhari is a thief
sammyj:
Don't mind the wailers as if paraphrasing is not accepted. Bunch of ignoramus! ! shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by bejeria101(m): 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
The amazing Daura President! Wow.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Alyoungie(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
No wonder a nairalander suggested Nigerians have misplaced priorities. I completely agree. How is this plagiarism? Morever, no idea is original. There nothing new under the sun - at
least not anymore.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Jackrich: 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
Buhari and plagiarism be like monkey and banana grin .

Little wonder the olodo General came up with his lopsided appointments. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Prince16: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
Alexk2:
How is this plagiarism? sad I just don't get the way some Nigerians think all cos of hatred.
How did we even get here? cry

I taya o!

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by oluboyyy(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
damn this country is full of fools.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Zico5(m): 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
Donshemzy1234:

Poverty has blocked your sense of reasoning
U are deluded, which scam is more greater than what Gej, his wife and cronies did to Nigeria. Check me well, u are the one suffering from wretchedness and I don't see u getting well
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Prince16: 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nusaf:

Dude i think more like you need to look up the meaning of plagiarism!!!! You can plagiarize a speech and it doesn't have to be verbatim!!! This is a good example of plagiarism!!! He remixed the original quote!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by rozayx5(m): 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
chieveboy:
In that case,when your father was toasting your mother, he stole the quote "I love you" from Romeo

By the way Buhari I know, who the heck is Charles mai kunu?

the fact that you dont know charles shows you nothing about history

like dullard like followers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by adecares(f): 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesus Christ of Nazareth, what's with this people and plagiarism sef, aren't we plagiarising one another. I tire for una o.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
dustmalik:

You are everywhere because you are the bigger f00l!!! Plagiarism does not have to be verbatim!!!! What school did you go to?? And can't you use google to at least do your research??!!!! Don't worry, you have 26 f00ls that are on your band wagon the last i looked at the likes for your comment!!!! OLODO RABATA!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by olutayo288: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nusaf:
it means Buhari na copy copy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by sekundosekundo: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2016
ProfTea4:
What do you expect from a man without any certificate?

Buhari is a certified dullard and clueless herdsman.

Who tell you say Buhari no get certificate, Wetin be this one

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
dustmalik:
This is from Wikipedia:

Summarizing an unacknowledged source in your own words

Summarizing a source in your own words, without citing the source in any way, may also be a form of plagiarism, as well as a violation of the Verifiability policy.
Summarizing a source in your own words does not in itself mean you have not plagiarized, because you are still relying heavily on the work of another writer. Credit should be given in the form of an inline citation.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by chieveboy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2016
rozayx5:

the fact that you dont know charles shows you nothing about history

like dullard like followers

Sorry bro you missed the point entirely. I would have allowed you into the hall of the wise
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
chieveboy:
In that case,when your father was toasting your mother, he stole the quote "I love you" from Romeo

By the way Buhari I know, who the heck is Charles mai kunu?

Don't be a simpleton.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by SlimShaddy10(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
una get time ooooo!!!.

I day here de H!!!! 4 wetin this administration don cause me,una day there de talk plagiarism.

may una talk say PMB don copy ( plagiarism) the great world depression of the 30s t,and name it recession.

Abeg may I chew my quiliquily

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mubi, Adamawa Bomb Blasts – Update: Over 60 People Now Dead / Garba Shehu: IPOB Has A Huge Stockpile Of Weapons, Bombs Across Nigeria / Another Fallen Hero(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.