Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal (36361 Views)

"Aisha Buhari Wearing N8m Chopard Diamond Wristwatch" - TheSignal Says / Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by encryptjay(m): 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
So we've become this jobless to be talking about such nonsense?
We're finished undecided
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by bilazego(m): 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
Even APC's campaign slogan "change" was stolen from Obama.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by deolu2000(m): 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
Am not saying it's a taboo to quote another man but due recognition should be given to the original owner/speaker. This problem is so rampant even in our schools/institutions of learning, projects/thesis are all plagiarised with no due references to the original authors. PMB's speech writters really floped on this one.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nusaf: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
olutayo288:
it means Buhari na copy copy.
And u were born with this knowledge I guess grin
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Laido: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
Everythin is scarce In this country, even common sense!
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Empiree: 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
ProfTea4:
What do you expect from a man without any certificate?

Buhari is a certified dullard and clueless herdsman.
See why you people deserve your current economy and social situation?. If you can talk trash like this about your president, then, you deserve dealership you get. Your mouth is foul.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by saintneo(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
VillageParrot:

http://www.signalng.com/busted-buhari-stole-belong-nobody-quote-charles-de-gaulle/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email
[size=15pt]
Charles de Gaulle gave his speech in French and not in English; consequently, this plagiarism accusation is false.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by rozayx5(m): 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
chieveboy:

Sorry bro you missed the point entirely. I would have allowed you into the hall of the wise

you can keep your hall of dullards , no thank you cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
saintneo:
[size=15pt]
Charles de Gaulle gave his speech in French and not in English; consequently, this plagiarism accusation is false.[/size]

lol....you are a clown!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Heffalump(m): 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
Firefire:
Buhary the plagiarist.

'Thief is thief, Ole is ole'. - GEJ

Plagiarism is equal to GBEWIRI. i.e. Buhary is morally kworupt. shocked

Please say it as it is:

Corruption is ole' but thiefing is not corruption- Gbagawn...
grin
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nusaf:
Even if he quoted the said expression, when has that become an issue? People should go and read their books and stop disturbing the public with words whose meaning, they are not sure of. What exactly do u mean by plagiarism? Look up the meaning of that word once again pls.

It's so sad that Nigerians do not realize that plagiarism is stealing. See as this one is making noise here as if it's not a big deal..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by gudnex22(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Bujumbura(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
chieveboy:
In that case,when your father was toasting your mother, he stole the quote "I love you" from Romeo

By the way Buhari I know, who the heck is Charles mai kunu?
you don't know Charles de Gaulle? Return your school fees and enrol in almajiri training centre

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by chieveboy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
Haute:

Don't be a simpleton.

Of course bro..not regarding this matter

I would have been one if I cannot reason that the sentence of contention here could be arranged by the simplest of minds...

Just play the words to yourself...how simple they are, so some one in history used something similar, no body else has right to use the words--which were not even the exact phrase?

Do we start investigating our Songs?.. what word, phrase, sentence had been spoken that had not been used exactly or similarly before?

If you want to be objective...and not be a Simpleton, you will see that this is just a poor attempt at blackmail and black-powdering of the air we breath by a Simpleton. And the Simpletons are falling for it.

PS: should in case you fail to see my point, on the pages of NL is another thread that "change" was a plagiarism of Azikiwe, another is that it was Obama's. Cheers.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nusaf: 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
og2711:

It's so sad that Nigerians do not realize that plagiarism is stealing. See as this one is making noise here as if it's not a big deal..
If using expressions previously used by someone else is plagiarism, pls tell me who is not a plagiarist b4 judging me based on ur ignorance. grin
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by mukhcech(m): 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
og2711:

pls Mr know all. how about ''I love you''. is it plagiarism too.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by MissingBudget: 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
I'm not a Buhari supporter but this is childish. undecided
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by chieveboy(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
rozayx5:

you can keep your hall of dullards , no thank you cool

Understand the text properly...no proposal extended...just a random probability which defied your admittance.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
Some people no get work sha. Lobbish
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by SMT042(m): 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dz APC don't tire person . They copy virtually everything . Even d bible in Prov 24 : 21 - 22 warned us abt APC & her change mantra.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by ibietela2(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
not only that he plagiarized,, he's also acting opposite of what he said by categorising the 98 7% and 5%...There's always a day of reckoning!

Yw
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by ceeethru(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
Only time will tell.
ddippset:
and you think PDP will come back to power abi? oya bring them now.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by rozayx5(m): 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
chieveboy:

Understand the text properly...no proposal extended...just a random probability which defied your admittance.

lol another zombie grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by ehissi(m): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2016
dustmalik:
Fools everywhere. This is the reason I stopped commenting on this section. This can't be termed as plagiarism because it's not word for word or sentence for sentence. Calling this plagiarism is like saying some specific people have exclusivity to certain English words, which is the most stupid way of reasoning.

The irony of the matter is someone who lacks zero understanding of the word plagiarism like you, calling people fools who do??

Plaigiarism could be deliberate or unintentional!! It could be direct or indirect!! It could be tacit or explicit!! Only someone who has had the benefit of a sound post-graduate education anywhere in the world will understand how grave it is.

What Plaigiarism exposes in any case, is a clear lack of exposure on the concept of originality. If you are adept at a skill or a matter or ideas, you would know if your work is unique or if its replicate someone elses.

During Obasanjo's tenure from 1999, he made it clear on a number of occassions that Bill clinton's style of governance and economic policy direction was his example and model. To even know clinton style of governance at all, show you are exposed on a variety of different "Styles of governance" and are not a local fowl.

It could also expose a criminal tendency, a willingness to use ideas or concept belonging to someone else and claim they are yours instead of giving credit where it is due.

The proof of plaigiarism, is your unwillingness to apologize. Which is why Buhari quickly apologized to protect his "alleged" innocence when he was accused of committing plaigiarism in his change begins with you speech; which was supposed to be an original and carefully thought-out concept.

And for your information, it is an offence and if someone feel his concept was violated such a person can drag you to court and be heard.

I hate it when people just come to Nairaland, having no knowledge of a matter, do no research whatsoever and then just violently confirm their olodo. And then still turn around and called learned people who are knowledgeable fools.

Ontop of that, they will be insisting they know, meanwhile their learner permit dey office, them no gree collect am; just imagine the likeness............ angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by prince985(m): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2016
tomorrow he will come and tell doze his gullible apc idiots dat change begin with them.. he should change his copy copy character..from one disgrace to another..smh
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by ezpee: 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Clemsworld(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
Leave GMB alone.
If ur sad he is your president, Go and hug transformer.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by tee4naija(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
Stale.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by greatermax77(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
Be it known to all that this govt is full of empty brains deviod of ideas.
just imagine, every thing is copy copy
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by IYANGBALI: 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
Attack from every corner,people doesn't want baba to rest in peace ni?
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nusaf:
Even if he quoted the said expression, when has that become an issue? People should go and read their books and stop disturbing the public with words whose meaning, they are not sure of. What exactly do u mean by plagiarism? Look up the meaning of that word once again pls.

These people no just get head. What is wrong in that? Just like saying, "A word is enough for the wise"you say I dey plagiarise. Na wa o. So How do you want him to say that exactly? Dio you want him to say it in Hausa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair / David Mark, Suswam, Ortom To Be PDP Agents At Polling Units In Benue Rerun / Judge Adedayo Akintoye Buys Property In Dubai’s Burj Khalifa - Peoples Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.