Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,741 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS (35576 Views)

9,579 Lagosians Tested Positive To HIV In 6 Months - LSACA / I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by seunfape(m): 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
Infomalie.emi o gbagbo jor .
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
sinceraconcept:
some men are silent killers. You'd never know they cheat. Both marriedadulterers and single folks should have sex with condom

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Emeonyerichard(m): 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
Have u ever woken up feeling special.. Aii yes i do.. I hve dis thing up my head evry now and den dat tells me that another persns blood cell can actually be an anti virus to some one who is hiv/aids positive.. I just feel strongly am the one.. Am nt a kid so dnt tink am watching more of cartoon or movies and its gettn up my head.. I dont no if such cud actually be realistic
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by sinceraconcept(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
[quote author=Stylediva post=49447175][/quote]no,both married and single. I said it there. How do you ant to know maybe your wife/husband is adulterer or not if she/he sleeps with co-workers in the office at work,would you know? No one is to be trusted,not even your mother or yourself
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by mecussey(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
AnusOdourInhaler:

Not that easy.. HIV is very intelligent virus

I no no who give that thing sense, the way it mutates self go fear you. You will attack it with a drug that will halt the enzymes it will suddenly change. Most drugs dont even notice its presense because sometimes it behaves like a normal human cell. Its just an antibody, anti life and evil.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by mecussey(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
what's makes it intelligent when it doesn't have a brain.

Look at you, a complete animal you dey talk say e no get brain. It has everything you have including digestive system. Go to space and look at yourself from there, you will be smaller than the virus yet you have brains.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by cococandy(f): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
doctokwus:

Even with google,u people just disgrace yourselves.
[url]mobile.aidsmap.com/estimated-risk-per-exposure/page/1324038[/url]

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html

I'd educate you more but you're rude.

The only sexual behavior riskier than sharp object sharing is anal sex. Normal vaginal sex is less risky than sharp object sharing.

Even data from the website link you quoted contradicts you. Except when dealing with third world countries. I.e image b

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
sinceraconcept:
no,both married and single. I said it there. How do you ant to know maybe your wife/husband is adulterer or not if she/he sleeps with co-workers in the office at work,would you know? No one is to be trusted,not even your mother or yourself
Not all married ppl cheat hence the reason I quoted and struck out the word 'married'! Kappish? cool

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by eghexs76: 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
I see you wey be Jesus......
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
mecussey:

I no no who give that thing sense, the way it mutates self go fear you. You will attack it with a drug that will halt the enzymes it will suddenly change. Most drugs dont even notice its presense because sometimes it behaves like a normal human cell. Its just an antibody, anti life and evil.
I knew all these, that's why I called it a smart fellow.. Very bad virus.. Too tactical and smart

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by kunletexs: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
it is quite a pity that it befell your friend.

... it is quite an eye opener to many of our guys to be fathers who do not know how to keep their 'thing' under their legs but make it feel every hole they could find.
it is highly disheartening that many men stupidity affect the rest of the family and so sad.
i was just not comfortable with your advice telling men who are not even in marriage to use condom. NO i would always say they are not even to sleep with any other woman except their wives.

your story made me to remember one that looks like yours. it happened that the wife had two beautiful children for this man who cannot keep his penis well. i think he was very careful to hide it from his wife but since AIDS is a police officer that arrest even when it is secret, he had it and it was very mild at first, sick today, sick tomorrow and on and on. my cousin said he was so sick that the entire foot (people that place that touches the ground when you walk barefoot) came off whole. she said that the skin looked like bread that has gone moist and with the gray spot all over him.
he later died and just 3 month later the wife fell sick and died. the children were later adopted by the family relative.

since then whenever i have privilege of talking to children about sex use of condom is always out of it
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by NameCheckers: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
Flashh:
How you concluded she got HIV through razor blade keeps me wondering.
lol u should know itz a formed story to educate the public. The script was well written
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Missmossy(f): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jeez!! So painful her mom and siblings dying for nothing they know about. I can't imagine the trauma they went through before dying. embarassed

Such a disheartening one.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by saudyarmani(m): 9:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
I know Aids is real...nice write up anyway...no dey use one ada wey no exist dey bobo us...a word is enough for the wise anyway..
brownshooga:
HIV Test : Know Your Status

I just want all of you to see this.

Today marks the 3rd anniversary I lost Ada, my childhood friend to Aids.
She didn't get it through sexual intercourse, she didn't contact it through blood transfusion, she didn't contact it through contaminated needle but probably through the blade she might have shared with her sibling cry

Ada was the first child of her parents, she had 3 siblings. Her dad was a driver in Agip company, so they were well to do because he was paid well.
But he lived a promiscuous life, I remember the numerous women he brought to the house in the absence of his wife whenever Ada and her siblings travel for vacation.

I can still remember vividly the numerous fight he had with Ada's mom over infidelity.

The whole problem started when Ada's dad fell ill, he was taken to the hospital but his ailment would stop temporarily only to come back again. He had an unending cough, chicken pox and other sickness.

He was taken to the church later on because everyone thought it's spiritual. They brought him back to the house when it didn't improve either.
Different pastors and prayer warriors came to the house to pray for him too.

A huge handsome man that use to be the centre of attraction to women, became a shadow of himself. He became so bony and scary. His eyes popped out of his head and his cheeks sunk. He looked like a zombie and walked slowly.
I remember his wrapper falling off his waist whenever he walked for a short mile and he will b so weak to pick it up.

Rumours started going round that he was suffering from Aids. While some persons believed it was a spiritual problem.
He later died after some months and his wife became sick alongside her last child, Victor.

That was when it dawned on everyone that is Aids. She was placed on Anti retroviral drugs alongside her last child.

People in the neighbourhood avoided her, and her house help also ran away.

Before my mum would go to the market to sell her wares, she would call I and my siblings indoor and begged us not to play with Ada or go to their house to see movies like we use to.
She told us to run away whenever we see her.

I remember how she flogged me with firewood for allowing Ada come to the house to play.

Ada's mom later died alongside her siblings and she went to live with her Uncle only to be returned after 7 months when she started having symptoms of Aids too.

Nobody took care of her and she died later on. She was just 13yrs old when she died.

HIV/AIDS is real, know your status.

For the teens out there, abstain from sex or use condom.

For the married men out there, remain faithful or use condom

Your life doesn't worth the fun.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by akindlesfarm: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
The cure is on the way my friend, God is working on it.

HIV virus can only survive in a living cell. That means it will die when not in a living cell. The way out I think, is to deceive the virus in the body and make the body appear to it like a non-living cell. If there is anyway this can be done without causing harm to the body, I think the cure is discovered.
That's true it would also cure every form of viral diseases

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Dfinex(f): 9:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
BE811APP:
Such a touching Story!
So the mans Promiscuity cleared his whole family shocked shocked shocked
Didnt dey run tests on the dad
Ignorance must have caused dis..
Be comforted *hugs*
So OP you are just 16 years old
Make sure you use condom too oo.. Preaching is easier said than done... lipsrsealed
Good Luck!!!
the story is a fiction. I guess the op is a member of NACA

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by XaintJoel20: 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
OP, point of correction, you don't "contact" disease, you contract disease.

Thank me later...

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by bobogee007(m): 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=28pt]shame HIV is a scam.[/size]
[size=18pt]
Never ever take the HIV test
.[/size]
HIV does not exist and does not cause AIDS - fraudulent toxic HIV meds causes AIDS
The fake fraudulent test may lead to your death sentence when the start giving you poisonous HIV meds.

AIDS is curable - simply stop HIV meds and eat nutritional diet .
Sorry. U need to be enlightened.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
brownshooga:
just use condom and be careful

it's nt a disease u joke with

Ok ma, but I too love puna in raw.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by iwadobo: 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
pamcode:
I understand that of the wife and last born(If he isn't yet weaned) but how did the children get infected too. ?

The dad was so promiscuous that he was sleeping with his daughters and sons. This is a made up story by those aids campaigners . HIV=AIDS is a hoax . Why mosquito no dey transfer HIV? When you have an anti body for a pathogen, and you are not suck, it simply mean you have resisted the pathogen , but only HIV is an exception to this rule . You tested positive ,and you are not sick, yet you will still be discriminated against, and ask to start eating poisonous azt ! Gosh !

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Bishops10(m): 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
BE811APP:
Such a touching Story!

So the mans Promiscuity cleared his whole family shocked shocked shocked

Didnt dey run tests on the dad

Ignorance must have caused dis..

Be comforted *hugs*

So OP you are just 16 years old

Make sure you use condom too oo..
Preaching is easier said than done... lipsrsealed

Good Luck!!!
That Ada should be 16 now doesn't mean Op is 16......Or did she say they are twin??

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Tual: 11:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
Flashh:
How you concluded she got HIV through razor blade keeps me wondering.
She said 'probably '

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Flashh: 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
Tual:

She said 'probably '
What sought of probably is that?

She once told me she "guessed". I see no reason why she would say such when she had no idea of how her friend got infected with HIV.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nah so fyiok cheap reach?
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by brownlolly(m): 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
I don't believe this story.

Was he managing his son and daughter?

How did they catch the sickness?
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by delerx(m): 12:11am On Sep 18, 2016
for ur health tips and help, visit www.tbsmedlink.com
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by delerx(m): 12:25am On Sep 18, 2016
can i share your story on my blog
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Standing5(m): 12:29am On Sep 18, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=28pt]shame HIV is a scam.[/size]
[size=18pt]
Never ever take the HIV test
.[/size]
HIV does not exist and does not cause AIDS - fraudulent toxic HIV meds causes AIDS
The fake fraudulent test may lead to your death sentence when the start giving you poisonous HIV meds.

AIDS is curable - simply stop HIV meds and eat nutritional diet .
This is how northerner are brainwashed about western education oh. So the man in OP narrative died of malnutrition and not AIDS?

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by seenter84: 12:42am On Sep 18, 2016
Fake story but, both informative and education.

Oh ada oh ada

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by abhanz(m): 12:47am On Sep 18, 2016
So you are 16 or rather 17 this year, good to know!
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by brownshooga: 6:11am On Sep 18, 2016
Flashh:
What sought of probably is that?

She once told me she "guessed". I see no reason why she would say such when she had no idea of how her friend got infected with HIV.
what is the meaning of probably?
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 18, 2016
brownshooga:
HIV Test : Know Your Status

I just want all of you to see this.

Today marks the 3rd anniversary I lost Ada, my childhood friend to Aids.
She didn't get it through sexual intercourse, she didn't contact it through blood transfusion, she didn't contact it through contaminated needle but probably through the blade she might have shared with her sibling cry

Ada was the first child of her parents, she had 3 siblings. Her dad was a driver in Agip company, so they were well to do because he was paid well.
But he lived a promiscuous life, I remember the numerous women he brought to the house in the absence of his wife whenever Ada and her siblings travel for vacation.

I can still remember vividly the numerous fight he had with Ada's mom over infidelity.

The whole problem started when Ada's dad fell ill, he was taken to the hospital but his ailment would stop temporarily only to come back again. He had an unending cough, chicken pox and other sickness.

He was taken to the church later on because everyone thought it's spiritual. They brought him back to the house when it didn't improve either.
Different pastors and prayer warriors came to the house to pray for him too.

A huge handsome man that use to be the centre of attraction to women, became a shadow of himself. He became so bony and scary. His eyes popped out of his head and his cheeks sunk. He looked like a zombie and walked slowly.
I remember his wrapper falling off his waist whenever he walked for a short mile and he will b so weak to pick it up.

Rumours started going round that he was suffering from Aids. While some persons believed it was a spiritual problem.
He later died after some months and his wife became sick alongside her last child, Victor.

That was when it dawned on everyone that is Aids. She was placed on Anti retroviral drugs alongside her last child.

People in the neighbourhood avoided her, and her house help also ran away.

Before my mum would go to the market to sell her wares, she would call I and my siblings indoor and begged us not to play with Ada or go to their house to see movies like we use to.
She told us to run away whenever we see her.

I remember how she flogged me with firewood for allowing Ada come to the house to play.

Ada's mom later died alongside her siblings and she went to live with her Uncle only to be returned after 7 months when she started having symptoms of Aids too.

Nobody took care of her and she died later on. She was just 13yrs old when she died.

HIV/AIDS is real, know your status.

For the teens out there, abstain from sex or use condom.

For the married men out there, remain faithful or use condom

Your life doesn't worth the fun.
i love how you write,very simple & straight. Not all those writing long jagbajatis chinua achebe wanna be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Boost Your Sex Energy And Overcome Premature Ejaculation With Herbs / British-nigerian Doctor Faces Tribunal In Manchester For Having Sex With Patient / Nigerian Man Dies 20 Days After His Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.