Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS (35578 Views)

9,579 Lagosians Tested Positive To HIV In 6 Months - LSACA / I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Ranchhoddas: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
So when they went to the hospital the doctors could not detect it was HIV abi na which kind super story be this?

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by SonofHim: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
The cure is on the way my friend, God is working on it.

HIV virus can only survive in a living cell. That means it will die when not in a living cell. The way out I think, is to deceive the virus in the body and make the body appear to it like a non-living cell. If there is anyway this can be done without causing harm to the body, I think the cure is discovered.

You have a point. So let's look for a molecule that would halt every metabolic activity in the body and stop every cell from dividing for as long as it would take for the HIV virus to die completely. The problem is by the time your drug finishes its work, you would have bigger problems on your hands. You would need another drug to reverse the effects of the first one and a miracle to raise the dead.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Mcowubaba: 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=28pt]shame HIV is a scam.[/size]
[size=18pt]
Never ever take the HIV test
.[/size]
HIV does not exist and does not cause AIDS - fraudulent toxic HIV meds causes AIDS
The fake fraudulent test may lead to your death sentence when the start giving you poisonous HIV meds.

AIDS is curable - simply stop HIV meds and eat nutritional diet .
Lol grin grin grin
U're own your own oooo
HIV and AIDS is more REAL than your Moniker

6 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Kiish(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]
.[/size]
HIV does not exist and does not cause AIDS - fraudulent toxic HIV meds causes AIDS
The fake fraudulent test may lead to your death sentence when the start giving you poisonous HIV meds.

Ehn Tenk you, Doctor House

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by manando1(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
sorry I don't post my numbers on forums. No one has used the cure. It's just a God's given idea and I believe if proper research is done on it, the cure will be discovered. I posted it for everyone to see in case anyone close to a laboratory can work on it. I'm tired seeing people lose their lives because of this pandemic cry
ok sir
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by DjAndroid: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Op, if Ada, your childhood friend died at 13years old and this year marks the 3rd anniversary, that means she would have just clocked 16 years this year.

Therefore You the Op, should be around her age, that is 15, 16 or 17.

I now know the age brackets of the people I argue with here on nairaland.

9 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by anonimi: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
GenBuhari:
People dying from AIDS are only dying from the poison they call HIV medication. Simply stop the meds and they would recover .

Don't you think that you need a psychiatric evaluation?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
Something going on nw, d matter serious nw.., dis one no b fake ooo, AIDS no dey show for face oooo...femi kuti (2002)
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by manando1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
martineinstein:
they wont...they created it to control world population....they hid d vaccines for malaria,zika etc to reduce the population surge in 3rd world
yes true that what I've said but if we can fight them destroy their offices and everything in their name the can issue it before it could get out of hand
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
Quite sad. The mistake of the father but the household paid severely.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by AnusOdourInhaler: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
The cure is on the way my friend, God is working on it.

HIV virus can only survive in a living cell. That means it will die when not in a living cell. The way out I think, is to deceive the virus in the body and make the body appear to it like a non-living cell. If there is anyway this can be done without causing harm to the body, I think the cure is discovered.
Not that easy.. HIV is very intelligent virus

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by ayesco202(m): 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
I bet to disagree that your friend died of AIDS. She might not even have HIV let alone, AIDS. She might have been infected with the M.Tuberculosis virus which is responsible for the death of most people with HIV. She might have died of TB and not necessarily HIV. Not everyone who has TB coughs so you might have mistaken her illness for HIV.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by happney65: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
veekid:

I don't even know brother

grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by KauntantJoyce(f): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2016
HIV is so real!
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by drss2(m): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
whole family wiped out just becos of one man's infidelity sad very sad. dis is a lesson to married men.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by dumie(f): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
Even if the story is fabricated or not this is still a wake up call to those randy guys and girls that act like dogs in heat. Change partners as if there is no tomorrow.. Hiv is real.. This reminded me of a neighbour of ours then in Agip Estate, a very wealthy man who died of this deadly disease way back, fortunately for him, his wife and kids are still alive enjoying his money

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
SonofHim:

You have a point. So let's look for a molecule that would halt every metabolic activity in the body and stop every cell from dividing for as long as it would take for the HIV virus to die completely. The problem is by the time your drug finishes its work, you would have bigger problems on your hands. You would need another drug to reverse the effects of the first one and a miracle to raise the dead.
I think it can be done without harm to the body. The same way some drugs kill malaria parasites (plasmodium) in the blood without causing harm, same way the virus can be killed in the blood without harm too. Remember malaria killed more people in those days more than HIV is killing people now.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
AnusOdourInhaler:

Not that easy.. HIV is very intelligent virus
what's makes it intelligent when it doesn't have a brain.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by coolviv: 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
When you tell them to run away from a cheating husband or boyfriend, dem no go hear...dem go say all men cheat and I want to keep my home.

Oya na...she has kept her home in the grave..

Mschewww...

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by AnusOdourInhaler: 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
what's makes it intelligent when it doesn't have a brain.
Bro that virus is very smart..
First of all, once is enters a cell, it cuts off the cell suicide mechanism, a mechanism in which a cell commits suicide when it's seriously sick. So, the smart virus destroys the the mechanism, so the cell knows it's sick but can't commit suicide. Then the viral RNA will be converted into DNA, and inject itself into the the cell's DNA, so instead of the cell to synthesized protein, the virus will hijack the process and synthesized more virus. And if the victim is talking ARVs, the virus will go into hibernation, and once, the ARVs are stopped, the virus will reactivate and it becomes resistant to the said ARVs, so the victim have to move to another stage of ARVs..

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by repogirl(f): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
drnairalov:
this ur story gey as e be. Aids is deadly yes. but it doesnt kill like thay if they are on AR drugs cmon!
I thought the same too. I have an aunt who's been living with it for decades now. She is even very plump, looks normal and healthy thanks to the ARVs.

This story no just add up.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by StoneLucifer: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
It is here we make HIV look like a very big deal.While i dont advocate infidelity and unprotected sex,i wont crucify or discriminate against anyone who has contracted the deadly virus..Many HIV carriers are still healthier than HIV negative people and there are still lots of life threatening diseases like cancer far worse than HIV..Sudden death from road accidents,disasters,gun shots from armed robbers,stray bullets and what have you are still worse than HIV infection.Healthy living condition, antiretroviral drugs and regular medical check up are just basic things HIV positive people need to adhere to in order to live a very normal life..
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by doctokwus: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Curdlebug:
ignorance has finished you
I bet you are one of those that didn't answer calls then because they believed answering a call from a certain number was instant death.U most probably also wud involve urself in rituals because u bliv it actually brings instant wealth.
Your type is exactly y the country is still in the stone age,failing to use simple common sense.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by cococandy(f): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
It's way easier to get it through sharp object than sex. Research my friend.
doctokwus:
Where is the evidence she died thru razor blade contact?
If this your tale even happened,cause,it looks like a ready made one,u might be surprised that she got it thru sexual contact.
It's not as easy to contract HIV thru sharing razor blades,clippers and even needles as many people are made to bliv.Though it does happen,it must be immediately after use by a carrier and the load must be high because the virus doesn't survive well outside.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by snowblaq(f): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2016
drnairalov:
this ur story gey as e be. Aids is deadly yes. but it doesnt kill like thay if they are on AR drugs cmon!
.....unless u did not read the story well...the dad was never tested for HIV....people just speculated he had AIDs until he died....the mum and baby were tested positive and placed on drugs...but they died...obviously cos the virus might have escalated to full blown AIDs already and so there is nothing for the drugs to do.....the little girl cld hv been saved if she was placed on antiretrovirals early enough.....

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by cococandy(f): 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
It's the wives of all those 'polygamous by nature' kind of men that I pity. Risking your lives to stay married to an asshole whose p3nis is more important to him than your wellbeing. Una welldone.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by cococandy(f): 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
coolviv:
When you tell them to run away from a cheating husband or boyfriend, dem no go hear...dem go say all men cheat and I want to keep my home.

Oya na...she has kept her home in the grave..

Mschewww...

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Peterside7: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
I want to share some things about HIV/AIDS. The prevalence of the disease is borne out of societal stigma and self stigma of the carriers. If the society can show empathy to those positive, it will go a long way. Some folks refuse to get tested because of stigma. It's erroneous to say HIV/AIDS is a killer disease. HIV does not kill, it's only AIDS that does. HIV can be managed for more than 70years. It is saver to get tested, if you are positive through counseling, and positive life style, you can still fulfill your goals in live. But if you refuse to get tested, it snowball into AIDS, i'm afraid, AIDS has no cure. Now, a child that contract the virus from the mother or a medical personnel that contract through job hazards, why stigmatize them. Even if it is by contracted through sex, it may be due to foolish act, but then, who is free asked Jesus. Let us make conscious effort to de - emphasize stigma and very soon we will have a generation free of HIV/AIDS

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by cococandy(f): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
What do you hope to gain by misleading people? Stop it. this is a very serious matter.

GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]
.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Shinery0123(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dreal11247:
Or why should a young man be jumping from bed to bed? It is a sign that such a fellow doesn't believe in the existence of the disease.
you don't have to center it on young guys alone, girls infect guys too. But Aid is real anyways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Boost Your Sex Energy And Overcome Premature Ejaculation With Herbs / Nigerian Man Dies 20 Days After His Wedding (Photos) / Young Man, Sholex Showul Alex Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Jos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.