Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS (35582 Views)

9,579 Lagosians Tested Positive To HIV In 6 Months - LSACA / I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Timolanki(m): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2016
I'm a pharmacist and i presented a seminar in hiv & aids recently. Studies has shown that 1 in every 25 adult residing in sub Saharan Africa is living with hiv. Down here in Nigeria over 3.5 million nigerians are living with the virus. If u c the number of ppl flooding to our hospital for ARV DRUGS u might b forced to believe that everybody is living with the virus. BE WARNED, so many fine girls n guys are living with this virus. However, there is a solution to it - u take ARV drugs compliantly for the rest of ur life.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
OP u no well, life no worth the fun? Make we dey do like a working zombie abi? Just for this limited time we get to enjoy for this life, maybe u no knw say puna na the highest fun, nonsense talk.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by krissconnect(m): 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
[quote author=WilliamXII post=49443032][/quote]

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
sorry brownshooga hope you and your family have gone for test.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by lepasharon(f): 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
OP do you think you are talking to pre-pubescent kids here ? undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by brownshooga: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
Flashh:
How you concluded she got HIV through razor blade keeps me wondering.
just guessing because she was the first child nd couldn't have gotten it through birth.

I think d last child got it through birth coz he was 2yrs old nd passed it through razor blade.

It's just a guess
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by keltho(m): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
NCAN,oya do your work grin
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by brownshooga: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
WinningSun:
sorry brownshooga hope you and your family have gone for test.
I knw my status smiley
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by brownshooga: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
adextaiwo84:
OP u no well, life no worth the fun? Make we dey do like a working zombie abi? Just for this limited time we get to enjoy for this life, maybe u no knw say puna na the highest fun, nonsense talk.
just use condom and be careful

it's nt a disease u joke with
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by juman(m): 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
Avoid contracting hiv, but hiv is manageable.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by DonBobes(m): 5:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
Flashh:
How you concluded she got HIV through razor blade keeps me wondering.

As in ehen,
The OP de lie like abdooLIE frm LIEberia.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by greggng: 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hiv na small pikin were ebola and lassa fever dey.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by brownshooga: 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
Timolanki:
I'm a pharmacist and i presented a seminar in hiv & aids recently. Studies has shown that 1 in every 25 adult residing in sub Saharan Africa is living with hiv. Down here in Nigeria over 3.5 million nigerians are living with the virus. If u c the number of ppl flooding to our hospital for ARV DRUGS u might b forced to believe that everybody is living with the virus. BE WARNED, so many fine girls n guys are living with this virus. However, there is a solution to it - u take ARV drugs compliantly for the rest of ur life.
my Aunty is a nurse in a teaching hospital.

She always tell me abt their seminars. And av also seen d number of people that troop in for arv in her unit.

She also tell me stories abt pregnant women that come for pre natal check ups that are not aware they have the disease.

It's really scary

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by brownshooga: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
repogirl:
I thought the same too. I have an aunt who's been living with it for decades now. She is even very plump, looks normal and healthy thanks to the ARVs.

This story no just add up.

ARV works more on those that has HIV and not Aids.

Her dad didn't take arv coz his ailment was seen as a spiritual problem.

Her mom started arv late when it was alredi blown.

U get now
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by doctokwus: 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
cococandy:
It's way easier to get it through sharp object than sex. Research my friend.
Even with google,u people just disgrace yourselves.
[url]mobile.aidsmap.com/estimated-risk-per-exposure/page/1324038[/url]
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by ayusco85(m): 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
Bom4Real:
If u doubt that HIV is real pls try and contract it

Contract?

Kwantinue killing English. U will soon be arrested

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Flashh: 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
DonBobes:

As in ehen,
The OP de lie like abdooLIE frm LIEberia.
You know say girls go defend themselves. Even if na from sex, she go cover am up.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Martinmania(m): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
I would have believed but ads is always a girl....
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Martinmania(m): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
I would have believed but ada iis always a girl....
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Flashh: 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
brownshooga:
just guessing because she was the first child nd couldn't have gotten it through birth.

I think d last child got it through birth coz he was 2yrs old nd passed it through razor blade.

It's just a guess

I would have countered you on this issue, till when you mentioned the bolded.

But you don't have to guess such a thing, since you aren't her doctor.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by vislabraye(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
The cure is on the way my friend, God is working on it.

HIV virus can only survive in a living cell. That means it will die when not in a living cell. The way out I think, is to deceive the virus in the body and make the body appear to it like a non-living cell. If there is anyway this can be done without causing harm to the body, I think the cure is discovered.

Let the cure come quickly oh.... . Aids sufferers are not called patients. They are called victims.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by piagetskinner(m): 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
It doesn't stop the foolish ones from still living loose lives

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by kayceerilyn(f): 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
The cure is on the way my friend, God is working on it.

HIV virus can only survive in a living cell. That means it will die when not in a living cell. The way out I think, is to deceive the virus in the body and make the body appear to it like a non-living cell. If there is anyway this can be done without causing harm to the body, I think the cure is discovered.
Brilliant idea though... but I don't think that camouflage will be possible... since it is a retrovirus, a drug can be produced that will inhibit its transcription and then finally kill the virus
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by sinceraconcept(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
coolviv:
When you tell them to run away from a cheating husband or boyfriend, dem no go hear...dem go say all men cheat and I want to keep my home.

Oya na...she has kept her home in the grave..

Mschewww...
no,they'll say they want a bad boy
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by sinceraconcept(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
cococandy:
It's way easier to get it through sharp object than sex. Research my friend.
another excuse to Bleep around without protection? That's what most people that love sex do,they'd say it's easier to get it through sharp object that sex. But your conclusion is a pure lie. Do your research and check out the percentage that contracted I through sharp objects compared to sex. If it's like that,every guy that goes to barbing saloon would have contracted it
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by sinceraconcept(m): 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
cococandy:
It's the wives of all those 'polygamous by nature' kind of men that I pity. Risking your lives to stay married to an asshole whose p3nis is more important to him than your wellbeing. Una welldone.
some men are silent killers. You'd never know they cheat. Both married and single folks should have sex with condom
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by demanzuma(m): 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2016
dis is a fake story. it can't happen as u said here..were is d blood connection coming from?.via from.fada to.children
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Swizdom(m): 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
I sincerely believe within me that AIDS has a cure, a 100% cure. I think the disease is just allowed to spread cos peeps will abuse it. How? People will forget about condoms, give birth to so many kids that will roam the street wearing poverty all over. It's good it's kept that way, anyway.

Checking one's status is far thE best thing to do, but the fear to even go there and check one's status can take one's breath away and snuff the life outta one.
Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by ikemesit4477: 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=28pt]shame HIV is a scam.[/size]
[size=18pt]
Never ever take the HIV test
.[/size]
HIV does not exist and does not cause AIDS - fraudulent toxic HIV meds causes AIDS
The fake fraudulent test may lead to your death sentence when the start giving you poisonous HIV meds.

AIDS is curable - simply stop HIV meds and eat nutritional diet .
Who decieved you!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by DavidEsq(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
pamcode:
I understand that of the wife and last born(If he isn't yet weaned) but how did the children get infected too. ?
OP over to u o! This is the result of adding too much salt, pepper, magi and shooga to a story. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
cococandy:
It's the wives of all those 'polygamous by nature' kind of men that I pity. Risking your lives to stay married to an asshole whose p3nis is more important to him than your wellbeing. Una welldone.
I really pity them. Isn't it better to stay single,alive and healthy like Linda Ikeji than die all in the name of marriage?? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Boost Your Sex Energy And Overcome Premature Ejaculation With Herbs / Nigerian Man Dies 20 Days After His Wedding (Photos) / Young Man, Sholex Showul Alex Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Jos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.