Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:27 AM

Touching Story Of How This American Couple Die Holding Hands In Hospital - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Touching Story Of How This American Couple Die Holding Hands In Hospital (554 Views)

Half-Unclad Strippers Holding Hands & Praying To God (Photos, Video) / Lady Who Uses Cassava As A Love Machine Lands In Hospital (Photos) / See What This American Lady Is Wearing In Public - Endtime Is Near (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Touching Story Of How This American Couple Die Holding Hands In Hospital by Alexk2(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
– Don and Margaret are an American couple in North Carolina

– They got married in June, 1957

– 59 years later due to their illnesses, they died holding hands in the hospital

Don and Margaret Livengood on their wedding day
Margaret, 80, and Don, 84, are an American couple who lived in North Carolina. The couple got married in June, 1957 and have been happily married for the whole 59 amazing years.

Their daughter is Pattie Beaver and she brought Margaret to the hospital because she was suffering from cancer and her father, Don was also taken there because he fighting to breathe because of pulmonary fibrosis and bilateral pneumonia.

They were first kept in separate rooms at Carolina’s Healthcare System Northeast in Concord, North Carolina. The hospital was able to bring together in the same room within four days due to their unique bond.

Margaret and Don Livengood on their 59th anniversary in June
Dr. Schisler of the hospital said: “I’m really proud. We stretched as far as we could with the rules to allow things that aren’t typical because it was the absolute right thing for these patients and for this family.”

Pattie said: “Once they were together, it was just that sense of everything was going to be okay – we knew because they were together.”

Don and Margaret died holding hands days after: Margaret diet at 8 on August 15 and Don passed away by 5pm. Pattie said: “It was normal for them to be holding hands, their love was so precious. But it was the sweetest, most precious thing you can imagine to see them holding hands in the hospital.”

The couple holding hands in August just before Margaret (then Don) died.
“It gave me comfort to know that this is exactly what they would want and the hospital was able to make that happen. In the most horrific grief I’ve ever had in my life, I still had comfort because they were together.”

Don told Margaret: “When we get to heaven, we can walk in together, just like we’re getting married again. Another honeymoon.”

https://www.naij.com/969923-heartbreaking-moment-couple-die-together-59-years-marriage.html

(1) (Reply)

8 Things You Never Knew About Men And Sex Get Ready To Have Your Mind Blown. / 7 Steps To Take To Find The Right Man In Your Late 30’s (menopause) / Here Are Some Funny Quotes Abt Ladies You All Need To See..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.