Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,230 members, 7,825,892 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) (51920 Views)

Processed And Live Mature Broilers Of 2kg Available / Durable Mobile Tarpaulin Ponds For Sale (MORE PICTURES/PRICE UPDATES) / Processed Snails Sales : Bulk/retail Buy And Sale Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by hoodmenconcept(m): 12:29am On Sep 18, 2016
ayusco85:
Rice whose quantity isn't enough to feed one state

This is no good news.. Quote me anywhere

Rome wasn't built in a day.. Its a gradual process, with time then we can produce more and more. Let start from somewhere, let encourage our local product and we shall be great again.

The rice might not be able to feed the whole nation now but it will contribute to some extent and soon we can produce more and more!

3 Likes

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Classical1(m): 12:41am On Sep 18, 2016
Wonderful.
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by hoodmenconcept(m): 12:42am On Sep 18, 2016
ayusco85:

Let me agree with u that it's a gradual process. But what is the government doing to ensure the price doesn't skyrocket

Once the govt banned rice importation and encourage local production and consumption, there will be competition because many people will invest in rice farming and the companies will beat their price down so as to gain customers, so the price can't skyrocket, it will keep coming down once there is mass production and consumption.

you understand now

1 Like

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 18, 2016
mizzy007:
have you forgotten Nigerians prefer foreign rice?

Who remembers the fruit drink called JUCEE? Then a while ago it was banned and now we have Five alive tampico, dansa, chivita etc. We simply cannot continue to improverish the nation at the expense of the Nigerian economy and at detriment of the average Nigerian just for the benefit of a few importers.What is in rice that it cannot be grown and processed in Nigeria? We are to dependent on exports for things as basic as rice. We need to create jobs for Nigerians as well. A whopping 180 million people that need to be fed.

2 Likes

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by mizzy007(m): 5:53am On Sep 18, 2016
12inches1:

Who remembers the fruit drink called JUCEE? Then a while ago it was banned and now we have Five alive tampico, dansa, chivita etc. We simply cannot continue to improverish the nation at the expense of the Nigerian economy and at detriment of the average Nigerian just for the benefit of a few importers.What is in rice that it cannot be grown and processed in Nigeria? We are to dependent on exports for things as basic as rice. We need to create jobs for Nigerians as well. A whopping 180 million people that need to be fed.
my brother tell them oh. we are shouting about d hike in price of foreign rice, even our on abakiliki rice also went up. my question is do we also import our home grown rice? if no what affected the price? most Nigerians are opportunist
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Sunnah1(m): 6:49am On Sep 18, 2016
seapson:
like I care.... believe me,Buhari has diverted d destinies of many Nigerian youths
You're living in bondage.

2 Likes

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by abusurv(m): 7:04am On Sep 18, 2016
kennymotors:
I have not seen Nigeria's rice in market but online
Go Idah,bida , jalingo ,Afuze emai in Edo state where my uncle used to farm rice to buy
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by power900: 7:17am On Sep 18, 2016
its better we are starting to rise to he occasion, we can't be importing everything in this country, at least let's build our own brand

1 Like

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by justmi1: 7:17am On Sep 18, 2016
ayusco85:

Bros,receive sense or go and farm

2 Likes

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by nwosucjay(m): 7:19am On Sep 18, 2016
As low as 13k....
Continue. "In patience Jonathan's voice"
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Donpett(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2016
Chai na change my broad, buharific era

1 Like

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Frajorge(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2016
Cheery news. We have to exit completely from rice importation for our survival as a nation.
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2016
franciskaine:
the mechanized agriculture u seek can only be managed and financed by rich Nigerians but they prefer investing in forex and oil biz. They don't want anything that will benefit average Nigerians. Whr will an average Nigerian get money to acquire large expanse of land for agriculture let alone the finance for the equipment? Only the rich can do this, but they prefer otherwise. Even when these lands are gotten from the govt freely whr will an average Nigerian get money to buy modern equipment considering the fact that our banks are only interested in giving loans to the rich?

very apt. so u see that if a small firm can produce just one tonne of rice a month through old farming methods in this country, they need to be encouraged. I am sure they have expansion plans in mind. PMB won't give u hoes or tractors to farm, He can only give u infrastructure to enable you to be interested in getting them.

2 Likes

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by badman007(m): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2016
Jameskelvin:
K but the bag is small o

Read well, it says 50kg, know what that is?
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Revolva(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2016
cool cool cool wow there ave been rice in kogi long time ago na ....they were not serious since na now our state de take tins cerios
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by jbcul4ril(m): 9:55am On Sep 18, 2016
kennymotors:
I have not seen Nigeria's rice in market but online
my brother all the rice in the market are mostly made in Nigeria but we rebag using foreign bags and labels to suit ourselves. The producers do that because he feels Nigerians will not patronize made in Nigeria rice.
We must start patronising made in Nigeria goods to keep our money here in Nigeria. We depend and consume foreign goods that why exchange rate is going higher.
Our problem lies with us.

2 Likes

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by jeff1607(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2016
Olukokosir:
13k........nd e still mk sense oooo

bro are you really sure it's 13k? heard it's higher but all are still rumours
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by sukkot: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
chachanga:

bro, e don reach that level?
oya take beta one sef
God bless you my brother wink
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by banio: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
Presently, Rice is around #20K whether Foreign or Nigerian.
We have a clown as Preesidant so he does not care about "inflation"
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Tinyemeka(m): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
Goyim:

So far Buhari was right about one thing. His ministers (agriculture especially) are incompetent.

Agriculture, Sports and Finance.
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Cletus77(m): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
the government of nigeria should invest and support tinz like dis, not spending billions of naira looking for oil where they won't see!

1 Like

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Cletus77(m): 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
jbcul4ril:
my brother all the rice in the market are mostly made in Nigeria but we rebag using foreign bags and labels to suit ourselves. The producers do that because he feels Nigerians will not patronize made in Nigeria rice.
We must start patronising made in Nigeria goods to keep our money here in Nigeria. We depend and consume foreign goods that why exchange rate is going higher.
Our problem lies with us.
Dem go gree? Especially girls and women!!,
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Kaybaba5(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
Nigeria is going somewhere
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by winnah(f): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
originally:
with the way things are now.. na local rice all the way oooh.... chai! change don change my thinking level
Imagine the way people are thinking. Isn't it best for us to eat our own rice rather than importing it. If you don't patronise our own product who will?. There's no crime to this, if we patronise our own commodities, all things being equal the company will contribute significantly to the growth of the economy and as such help to provide employment.
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by winnah(f): 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
ayusco85:

Hmmmmm imagine you " it's no good news" , tree can not make a forest so they say. America is great today my brother is not because of th government but the collective afford of the citizen. 80% of job in USA is been provided by an individual not govt. So if this company can start we should appreciate because they do not just provided this commodities but also great an employment. So if you an I can do the same and others join, what do you think will happen? They have solve a problem have you? So since you can do that appreciate and patronise them.

1 Like

Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by EMriss(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
Amen. I'm with you bros
orimsamsam:
Nigeria will get better
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Origin(f): 10:40am On Sep 19, 2016
I beg make we chop beans small.
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by enomakos(m): 10:53am On Sep 19, 2016
mizzy007:
must we eat every for abroad?
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by enomakos(m): 10:53am On Sep 19, 2016
mizzy007:
must we eat every things for abroad?
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by enomakos(m): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2016
khalidx:
WERE CAN I GET DAT RICE KOGI OKENE I NEED IT LIKE MADT.....WE BUY A BAG OF RICE 22K
the rice in the pic is an half bag
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by enomakos(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2016
Origin:
I beg make we chop beans small.
abi?
Re: Ajifa Rice Processed In Idah Kogi, State (Pictures & Price) by Doublez000(m): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
Tnk God I don't eat rice grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Watermelon Farming Experience / Woman Shows Off The Big Cassava She Harvested (Photos) / Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.