Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance (762 Views)

Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured / Lady Enters One Chance In Abuja, She Was Robbed Of Her Bag, Phone & Was Beaten / Butchers, Cultists Clash In Lagos, One Dies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance by ibro2much(m): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
let me use this opportunity to brief my nairalander family about the new tricks now being used by one chance operators on unsuspecting/innocent passengers on lagos roads.
I happen to travel back from akure into lagos,this morning (saturday,17th september 2016), i was dropped at alausa secretariat bus stop along lagos ibadan expressway.i tried looking for a commercial bus to take me to my destination(oshodi)but most importantly see have been filled up before getting to the busstop.
after some minutes of waiting for vehicle,two commercial vehicle came at the same time calling for persengers,i entered the first vehicle because although its empty,there was a persenger beside the driver unlike the second,i sat down beside him at the front and the vehicle left the bus-stop,suddenly the conductor opened the door beside me and started closing/jamming it Intermittently,i was distracted with his actions,it got to a time i had to take over the door from him so as to close it well myself.then driver packed,asked me to get down with the excuse that the conductor want to find solution to the door problem.i got down as Instructed,but lo and behold,the bus zommed off immediately i stepped down.
something in my mind tells me all is not well,because i dont see any reason why he should drop me at nowhere and speedoff,that was when i checked my pocket and discovered my phone(samsung s4) is missing..........probably the reason the driver speed off after dropping me where it would be hard for me to get another vehicle to pursue them.

lesson learnt

watch the kind of vehicle you enter in lagos,if too scantily filled avoid like plague,they may be 2 or 3 men gang operating one chance.

try at all time to board vehicle from the park(in case of eventuality,they can be easily tracked).

as a security measure try to memorise vehicle numberplate before you enter them.

if peradventure you find yourself inside one chance,please and please do not struggle with them,your life is more precious than anything they want to take from you,they can be deadly.

if you find out that the vehicle conductor/ is in hurry to pick just one or two persenger and leave, take caution in entering such vehicles,they may be one chance syndicate.

also as a security measure we should endeavour to password all applications(including mobile banking apps,messages,photo etc) on our phones and delete all messages relating to financial transactions on our phones as soon as possible...it can easily fall into wrong hands when stolen.
(thank GOD i did password)

never get distracted when you are in a commercial bus,it might be intentional so as to catch you unaware
(i fell for this)

last but not the least,we should commit ourself into the LORD before any journey and always SHINE YA EYE.
(thank GOD for sparing my life)
Re: How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance by chocolateme(f): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
Na waoo
Re: How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance by Aspiregreat: 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
Sorry for the loss. I hope you get a better one soon .

1 Like

Re: How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance by ibro2much(m): 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
Aspiregreat:
Sorry for the loss. I hope you get a better one soon .

thanks,GOD would surely do for me.
Re: How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance by Tellemall: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
ibro2much:
let me use this opportunity to brief my nairalander family about the new tricks one chance operators are using on unsuspecting/innocent passengers on lagos roads.
i happen to travel back from akure into lagos,this morning (sat. 17th september 16)after my postgraduate project defence at FUTA,and i was dropped opposite alausa secretariat along lagos ibadan expressway.i tried looking for a commercial bus to take me to my destination(oshodi).
after some minutes of waiting for vehicle,two commercial vehicle came at the same time calling for persengers,i entered the first vehicle because although its empty,there was a persenger beside the driver unlike the second,i sat down beside him at the front and the vehicle left the bus-stop,suddenly the conductor opened the door beside me and started closing/jamming it Intermittently,i was distracted with his actions,it got to a time i had to take over the door from him so as to close it well myself. then driver packed,asked me to get down with the excuse that the conductor want to find solution to the door problem.i got down as Instructed,but lo and behold,the bus zommed off immediately i stepped down.
something in my mind tells me all is not well,because i dont see any reason why he should drop me at nowhere and speedoff,that was when i checked my pocket and discovered my phone(samsung s4) is missing..........probably the reason the driver speed off after dropping me where it would be hard for me to get another vehicle to pursue them.

lesson learnt

watch the kind of vehicle you enter in lagos,if too scantily filled avoid like plague,they may be 2 or 3 men gang operating one chance.

try at all time to board vehicle from the park(in case of eventuality,they can be easily tracked).

as a security measure try to memorise vehicle numberplate before you enter them.

if peradventure you find yourself inside one chance,please and please do not struggle with them,your life is more precious than anything they want to take from you,they can be deadly.

if you find out that the vehicle conductor/ is in hurry to pick just one or two persenger and leave, take caution in entering such vehicles,they may be one chance syndicate.

also as a security measure we should endeavour to password all applications(including mobile banking apps,messages,photo etc) on our phones and delete all messages relating to financial transactions on our phones as soon as possible...it can easily fall into wrong hands when stolen.
(thank GOD i did password)

never get distracted when you are in a commercial bus,it might be intentional so as to catch you unaware
(i fell for this)

last but not the least,we should commit ourself into the LORD before any journey and always SHINE YA EYE.
(thank GOD for sparing my life)

sad

1 Like

Re: How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance by shikshark: 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
maybe your iphone 7 is loading
Re: How My Phone Was Stolen By Lagos One Chance by VaginaTerrorist(m): 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
$

(1) (Reply)

Money Ritual: Police Arrest Man With Sister’s Body Parts, Friend (photo) / Road Blocks Remain Banned In Nigeria - Police AIG / Police Extort Money 4rm Drivers Wit U-turn In Lagos,Driver Expose Them(Pix,Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.