Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Road Blocks Remain Banned In Nigeria - Police AIG - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Road Blocks Remain Banned In Nigeria - Police AIG (764 Views)

Cattle Blocks Major Road In Abuja (Photos) / IG Of Police Orders Dismantling Of All Road Blocks Nationwide / I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Blocks Remain Banned In Nigeria - Police AIG by Jalapa03: 9:55am On Oct 08, 2016
Mr Abubakar Marafa, the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of Zone 6, has warned police officers in the country to maintain the force policy on road block.

Marafa gave the warning on Friday in Uyo during his familiarisation tour of Akwa Ibom Police Command.

He said that since road block has been banned, any officer found indulging in such practice would be decisively dealt with.

He warned officers against the violation of human rights of citizens while carrying out their duties to avoid conflict between them and members of the public.

The AIG said if the police have respect for human rights, it would help them perform better and members of the public would in turn give them respect.

“Road block has been banned; respect the fundamental human rights of Nigerians. We’ve received series of reports about this.

“Respect the right of Nigerians, this will trigger cooperation between the police and the society.

“As a police officer, you must be civil to the members of the public. Incivility occurs when addressing members of the public, like ‘you bloody civilians’,” he said.

Marafa urged them to remember that they were civilians before they became policemen and should prove to the people that the police are their friends.

He said Akwa Ibom had remained one of the states with low crime rate.

The AIG, who is in charge of Rivers, Ebonyi, Cross River and Akwa Ibom states, commended officers and men of the command for their unrelenting efforts in maintaining adequate security in the state.

He advised them against the misuse of firearms, saying rifles should only be used by officers when under attack.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Akwa Ibom Commissioner of Police, Mr Murtala Mani, appealed to the AIG to deploy more policemen to the state.

More at http://www.bookspen.com/road-blocks-remain-banned-nigeria-police-aig/
Re: Road Blocks Remain Banned In Nigeria - Police AIG by dnawah(m): 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
Chie!so everybody don know say aba no get road again,police everywhere.
Re: Road Blocks Remain Banned In Nigeria - Police AIG by Nateben(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
tongue

Re: Road Blocks Remain Banned In Nigeria - Police AIG by andyanders: 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
That IG does not know what his men has been doing. I was traveling to Shagamu via Ikorodu towards NNPC in Ogun State, at a Place they call Italuwo Boarder between Lagos and Ogun State, you will notice a serious road block by The Nigerian Mobile Police officers all armed to the teeth, extorting money from all commercial vehicles. On coming back to Lagos from Ogun State the next day, after an official business assignment, I noticed same sight and later pulled over to ask some people around what was happening because of the traffic build up , I was told that the Police officers has been their for over 6 months extorting money and do start releasing bullets on the air if any of those buses fail to give them money.

This is an eyesore as I was with a friend who came in from abroad and I call on the IG to direct the Lagos state commissioner of Police to that area to restore hope for people over their by arresting these officers as I believed they were there on illegal duty. If nothing is not done, I see someone been killed and it will be tagged as accidental discharge.

The Lagos state government should do something about the activities of these Police Official Armed Robbers

Moderator, this has to be moved to the front page.
Re: Road Blocks Remain Banned In Nigeria - Police AIG by olumaxi(m): 6:03am On Oct 10, 2016
We just read dat one mopol had just been crushed to death by a truck on d highway....so,who is to blame now?

(1) (Reply)

Abia State University Fresh Graduate Stabbed To Death By Security Guard In Uturu / PHOTOS: Slain Soldiers Buried Amid Tears / A Husband & Wife To Be Hanged For Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.