Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) (60255 Views)

We Steal Ogun Prostitutes' Phones And Sell To Lagos Prostitutes - Suspects / 'We Steal From Bike Riders Who Patronize Prostitutes At Night' - Robbers. Photos / "I Target Rich Widows And Divorcees For Marriage" - Serial Fraudster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by HorLa00(m): 11:43am On Sep 18, 2016
ONE NIGERIA

We dine, wine and scam Together grin
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Cubeet2: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2016
cunley:

Ode leleyi oooo! Receive sense in Ojukwu name
Ode gidi ni Iwo na. You just attack someone you don't know abi. Iwo na ko receive sense ni Oruro Tinubu.
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by CHYMZZY(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2016
So a common man 5000 Naira in Nigeria commercial bank is not safe again....

Dont blame AUN chief security Dr. F. Rawlin when he said "Nigerians can do anythin' for money either in good or in bad way"...

1 Like

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by highwaist: 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
When its come to finacial crimes one/2rigion will get A1
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Johnsinia(m): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
The Igbo guy provide the brain work, the middle belt guy execute the job while the Yoruba guy act ad the area tout! that is unity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by TerrorSquad147: 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
nijanigga:

the probability that an ibo person will be involved in any crime committed by Nigerians is what?
1:10
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by udysweet(f): 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
I just tire for them. They have used their intergrity to buy guguru and epa. One needs a high level f intergrity to work in a bank as you would come into contact wit huge sums but don't be tempted,its not your money
Godfullsam:
Too bad..

It is now even more risky to leave huge sum of money in a bank. Bank staff who are paid to keep your money safe are the one stealing it.

Too bad embarassed
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Prince16: 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:
How do they block phone line temporarily?

Won't the 'alert' drop later after line has been unblocked, since it's in form of an SMS?

Name of the bank, abeg.

True, the victim will receive alerts of d debits days after d Syndicate has 'chop and clean mouth'. By then, it'll be 2 late 4 d victim while d Syndicate moves on 2 another victim. And d cycle continues, but, as d saying goes,... ''everyday 4 d thief but.......''
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by beautiful232(f): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
undecided
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Tinyemeka(m): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

Won't the 'alert' drop later after line has been unblocked, since it's in form of an SMS?

Name of the bank, abeg.

It won't drop. Insider job. Infact customer will not receive any SMS from the bank but can receive from other senders.

1 Like

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Tinyemeka(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
Prince16:

True, the victim will receive alerts of d debits days after d Syndicate has 'chop and clean mouth'. By then, it'll be 2 late 4 d victim while d Syndicate moves on 2 another victim. And d cycle continues, but, as d saying goes,... ''everyday 4 d thief but.......''

How would the victim receive alerts "days after" the transactions, when the registered line is still not set up to receive alerts?
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by sukkot: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
mignone:
Now we live in a world of cheats where one can hardly sleep with both eyes closed (our so-called religious leaders aren't an exception either); even with wide opened eyes, one can't predict the newest strategy&the government itself is being defrauded, so no point relying on it.In all, know your God personally; He'll keep directing your path&keeping you safe.
hmmm. and may i ask when last have you stolen or committed adultery or fornication ? in knowing God personally do you mean just with mouth or in our deeds too ?
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
vanbonattel:

I no dey look face again sef grin

yes o..
it suprise me wen i see pple fear abt ban as if nairaland is their life.
i have other important things to do offline to be dependant on nairaland.

i have been banned many times without doing anything wrong so i dnt care abt their ban... all these mods are bigots.

im only here for the truth.

2 Likes

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Prince16: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
Tinyemeka:

How would the victim receive alerts "days after" the transactions, when the registered line is still not set up to receive alerts?

Gye, that's why it's called a "Syndicate" . Read this:

Leopantro:
I know the bank.
Stanbic.

someone complained of exactly the same procedure last week on NL.

check the crime section.

A social media user on Instagram
(a.okelawal) took to his page to
complain about how a financial
institution, Stanbic IBTC, messed
up his account and wants a
payment of N170,000 to correct
the said mistake.
He wrote:
This is the Story of How Stanbic
Ibtc @stanbicibtc MESSED up my
account and asked me to pay
170k (i.e. 170,000) for THEIR
mistake.
In June, I made a mistake by
trusting Stanbic with a couple of
transactions on amazon. The
following payments were made:
15th of June – 62,553.58
16th of June – 62,528.44
17th of June – 2 transactions of
62,616.43 each.
The money was debited from my
account on the same day as the
transaction was made and my
account was used up until the
13th of July with the balance of
26,881.62 or so I thought.
Between the 15th of July and
17th of July, I tried to access my
account but I was unable to and I
thought it was just a fault with
my card. Just for me to sign up
into my online profile and what I
saw as my effective balance
changed my understanding of life.
I saw -144,308.72. YES, A
NEGATIVE BALANCE OF ONE
HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR
THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED
AND EIGHT NAIRA. I thought it
was a mistake and wrote to the
bank and went to a branch at
yaba and palms. Today is the 9th
of September 2016 and after
writing letters and visiting their
branches, I was told that it was
my fault and that I would have to
pay.
I am now processing my legal
response to all of this but before
then, this is to warn you to NEVER
use this bank for any foreign
transaction. Infact, just don’t use
them at all for safety.
Have a nice day.

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by symbianDON(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

Name of the bank, abeg.
the alert won't ever drop because what they do is to temporarily opt the account out of sms notifications service

1 Like

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Prince16: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Also, to buttress d underlined, read:
How driver stole his master's ATM and withdrew OVER 2 million #using technology

A driver, Mayowa Adenuga, has
been arrested by operatives of the
Lagos State Police Command for
allegedly stealing his boss’
Automated Teller Machine card
and withdrawing over N2.7m.
Also arrested were suspected
accomplices in the crime –
Adewale Opeyemi, 18, and
Jeremiah Iyitoye, 29.
PUNCH Metro gathered that 25-
year-old Adenuga, who is also a
computer expert, was employed
as a driver by a lecturer at
UNILAG, Prof. Simbo Banjoko.
It was learnt that the suspect had
driven Banjoko to the Bells
University on the day of the
incident.
While waiting for his boss on the
university premises, the driver
found Banjoko’s Zenith Bank ATM
card in the car and hid it.
Our correspondent gathered that
when the victim did not notice
that his ATM card was missing,
Adenuga used software to uncover
the card’s PIN code.
After withdrawing N200,000 from
the bank account through the
ATM, he allegedly bought four
iPhones, valued at N495,000; one
Macbook laptop, valued at
N415,000; 10 wristwatches, a
Blackberry and a ring.
It was learnt that a total of
N2,728,255 was withdrawn from
the victim’s bank account.
The theft of the ATM card was
said to have been referred to the
Rapid Response Squad, which
later transferred the case to the
Anti-Vice Section of the State
Criminal Investigation and
Intelligence Department, Yaba.
A source said the prime suspect,
Adenuga, perfected the crime by
blocking his boss’ telephone line
so that he would not see the alert
of transactions conducted on his
account.
He said, “The suspect is the
lecturer’s driver. He is also a
computer expert. He hid the ATM
card for three days and when he
saw that the man did not look for
it, he used software to get the
PIN. He called Adewale (Opeyemi)
and handed over the card to him
for safekeeping, saying it belonged
to his sister.
“When he drove his boss out
again at another time, he had
access to the man’s phone and
deliberately entered the wrong
PUK number three times which
led to the blockage of the line.”
Our correspondent was told that
having succeeded in blocking the
line, the suspect contacted
Opeyemi and linked him up with
another friend, Iyitoye.
He allegedly asked the duo to
make transactions with the card
on his behalf.
The two men were said to have
gone to Shoprite, Ikeja, and Mega
Plaza, Victoria Island, where they
withdrew N200,000 and purchased
the iPhones, Macbook laptop,
wristwatches and other items
through POS transactions.
It was gathered that the loot was
shared among the three men.
A police source explained that
Banjoko, who noticed that his
telephone line had been blocked,
took it to a telecoms centre,
where it was reactivated.
“At that point, he received 30
alerts that a total of N2,728,255
had been withdrawn from his
account. He reported the matter
to the police, and the case was
transferred to the RRS.
“When the matter got to the Anti-
Vice Section of the SCIID, the
police arrested the driver and after
interrogation, he confessed to the
crime and named his accomplices.
“The police recovered two iPhones
6S Plus, two iPhones SSE, one
Macbook laptop, seven GT Shock
wristwatches, one Blackberry Z10,
one ring and two bags,” the
source added.
The suspects were arraigned at
the Yaba Magistrate’s Court on
two counts of stealing.
The charge read in part, “That
you, Mayowa Adenuga, Adewale
Opeyemi and Jeremiah Iyitoye, on
July 2, 2016, on Olanireti Fesan
Street, Magodo, Isheri, Lagos, in
the Lagos Magisterial District, did
steal the sum of N2,728,255 only,
property of one Professor Simbo
Banjoko.”
The police said the offence was
punishable under sections 409 and
285 of the Criminal Law of Lagos
State, Nigeria, 2011
The defendants pleaded not guilty
to the charge.
The magistrate, Mrs. O.A. Erinle,
admitted them to bail in the sum
of N800,000 with two sureties in
like sum.
She added that one of the sureties
must be a blood relation of the
defendants, who must be a
landlord within the jurisdiction of
the court.
The case was adjourned till
October 17, 2016

http://punchng.com/driver-steals-unilag-lecturers-atm-card-withdraws-n2-7m/
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by sekundosekundo: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
nijanigga:

the probability that an ibo person will be involved in any crime committed by Nigerians is what?

Even the PADDED Obama SPEACH was done by an Igbo abi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by hardbody: 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
MrKontrovErsy:
Today is sunday i therefore will not check namesgrin
but bliv u me when i said i am not suprised abt d names i saw.

when u mention yahooyahoo and money fraud. grin

Ooduwastann ti take over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by chizzyjnr(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
That's Local. You should be doing international. Mtcheew rubbish that's how you woule be getting messages like "Dear customer, due to our BVN system update, your atm care has been deactivated bla bla bla abeg we don wise pass this one
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by jonzingcaesar(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
xreal:

Name of the bank, abeg.
bro it's so possible, it happened to me on August 5th all of a sudden my Etisalat line started showing invalid sim at exactly 9pm till the next day only for me to discover that the sum of #100,000 have been transferred from my gtbank account to one Mr alao afeez ishola. I wrote a letter to the bank and even reported the matter to the police still to no avail
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by lordkhalifa(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
dre11:

CONFESSION OF A FRAUDSTER: HOW WE STEAL MONEY FROM PEOPLE’S BANK ACCOUNTS

http://tribuneonlineng.com/confession-fraudster-steal-money-peoples-bank-accounts/

you will learn ur reason in kirikiri u haven't started yet
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by nijanigga: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
MrKontrovErsy:

ok
u are coneheaded blood sucking fulani herdsman.
d blood of the innocents u killed will soon come for ur head
mark my words.

and quaote me tomorrow and get ur ass whipped online.
today im with God..
cheers grin
if you're really with God, then expect your reward for saying lies about me.
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by kingkenOkus16(m): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
This is why you shouldn't subscribe to DND
When u don't get those msgs visit ur Bank
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by buffalowings: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
grin cheesy na dem grin cheesy

Omo FRAUDuduwa grin cheesy

Receive sense

You know dey read

Our ipob brothers are represented grin
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by centboy123456(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
grin cheesy na dem grin cheesy
Omo FRAUDuduwa grin cheesy

Hahahahahah na them oh our brothers form the soutwest nigeria
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
nijanigga:

if you're really with God, then expect your reward for saying lies about me.

so d one u said against me is not lie abi?
Nop..God is my father u distracted my peace with him
so deserve anything u got.
even d bible said "SUFFER NOT A WITCH TO LIVE"
cheersgrin
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by undigeh: 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
[quote author=dre11 post=49456687]

CONFESSION OF A FRAUDSTER: HOW WE STEAL MONEY FROM PEOPLE’S BANK ACCOUNTS

http://tribuneonlineng.com/confession-fraudster-steal-money-peoples-bank-accounts/

To ensure that the owner of the
account did not suspect anything, the
syndicate would have held the line of
the owner so that he or she would not
have network on his phone to receive
debit alert.

How can the phone line of the Account owner be blocked without an insider from GSM service provider ?
If investigation did not cover this area, we will not get any where.
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by xreal: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
jonzingcaesar:
bro it's so possible, it happened to me on August 5th all of a sudden my Etisalat line started showing invalid sim at exactly 9pm till the next day only for me to discover that the sum of #100,000 have been transferred from my gtbank account to one Mr alao afeez ishola. I wrote a letter to the bank and even reported the matter to the police still to no avail

this is bad.
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by mignone(f): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
sukkot:
hmmm. and may i ask when last have you stolen or committed adultery or fornication ? in knowing God personally do you mean just with mouth or in our deeds too ?
even though I don't know your intentions, i'll respond simply.
i'm a true believer of d Word, belong to no denomination, fighting d gud fight of faith as d Word/spirit lead&moving towards perfection-all by His grace. He's equally been faithful &ever guiding us to live a balance/holy life. i don't say what I don't /won't do; i'd rather keep quiet. i do not condem people neither do i glory in my/others' wrongdoings; i only do my bit as being led... the old time religion; Yes! u can also do more
Re: How We Steal Money From People’s Bank Accounts: Fraudster (photo) by Burgerlomo: 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
What a f**k, this is unbelievable, how can the bank acted on the filled form just like that without the presence of the person who did it, or are they not supposed to ask for some kind of identification? Bullshit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uzoamaka Chukwu Gets University Scholarship / Police, Army Arrive At Ikoyi Prison Over Attempted Jailbreak / Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.