Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel (34914 Views)

Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / Buhari Approves Fresh Probe Into Missing Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
banmee:

He was right. Nigerians will deny and bury their heads in the sand just avoid the truth.

They say the first step to solving a problem is to admit there is a problm, then understand the problem..
We still do not admit there is a problem .. we are still pointing fingers amd lookong for scapegoats

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by aroti: 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
NotNairalandi:
Buhari the ty rant just running round Jonathan...abegi free GEJ and his family to have peace..

Buhari, have you heard? if you wish not to be tagged a tyrant by Wailers, just free GEJ and his family to Have peace with the funds they looted from our collective purse.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
onedayatime:

it is very obvious that people like you are enemy of progress. Yet, you are one of the first people in Nigeria that will call Buhari all sorts of names because of the current situations in Nigeria.
People like you do not deserve to be in an higher place because its very clear that you are a destroyer.

If the higher place is in Nigeria, thanks but no thanks. Why would I want to live in a corrupt country surrounded by corrupt people?
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by zikter(m): 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
banmee:

It's in the blood. If it were not so, Nigeria would be different.
that is no pointer to your insinuation that all Nigerians are corrupt. UK, USA , Germany, italy etc are better, but that does not mean every body there is free from corruption. bottom line, no prove to back your assertion yet.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
zikter:
that is no pointer to your insinuation that all Nigerians are corrupt. UK, USA , Germany, italy etc are better, but that does not mean every body there is free from corruption. bottom line, no prove to back your assertion yet.

Yes there is corruption in those countries you have mentioned. The difference is, the number of people who are not, far outnumber the people who are. In Nigeria, all of you are corrupt. The proof is in the state of the country.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by sanpipita(m): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
The usual gra gra from scam artists, bet Patience is laughing where ever she is..
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by ph3gnom: 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
I condemn corruption in all its ramificatons but government should not keep using distractive tactics on the masses to soothe their nerves with all these probes.
Is it not obvious that the fight against corruption is one sides? Buhari should be more concerned about getting the country out recession.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by Icemany: 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
tsamson:

bro.. Kindly replace the above with are /have been and and

or other wise express yourself in your native language

SMH...

NOTE TO ENGLISH TEACHER:
Or /otherwise can not be used together the way you just did.
Reason: They have the same meaning!!!
cool
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
Babzilla:

They say the first step to solving a problem is to admit there is a problm, then understand the problem..
We still do not admit there is a problem .. we are still pointing fingers amd lookong for scapegoats

And they want a great country. I don tell you, commot for that place you no wan hear.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by onedayatime(m): 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
kennygee:

So just cause I stated ur state's past HIV and AIDS statistics, I "always" say negative things about Benue people?

I have NEVER dated a man from Benue, but if your actions speak for all men from Benue, it is obvious you're not worth being called a man.

You can never even impregnate my shadow so stick to impregnating rats and keep ur randy lifestyle to yourself before you drop ur fleas on Nairaland.

You need the love of Jesus tho, you seem very bitter.
that is just too much, young lady. Because you are on social media dosen't mean you should just talk anyhow.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by onedayatime(m): 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
banmee:

That is still your problem. Refusing to accept the obvious. How can any Nigerian living in Nigeria boldly come out and say as a car owner they don't give policemen bribe. Keep lying to yourself. Refusing to accept a problem is same as perpetuating the said problem. How do you all change things when you don't want to accept facts.
brother, you are fighting a lost case. Just accept defeat. You have no point. All you have is assumption.
Accepting defeat won't make you less a man

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by aroti: 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
mabolo:
Buhari should leave Jonathan wife alone. This was not part of the agreement with Abdul salami ABUBAKAR. You won't touch Goodluck but you went ahead to seize his wife money. Indirectly you are fighting GEJ, is this money also part of the arms deal from dasuki? She receive gifts from people who the husband did favor. Aisha Buhari as we speak collect alot of gift from Nigerians just because her husband is the president ,We all know this. Why seize her money when we all know what is going on. She should keep quiet when you went and freeze the money she gave her servant to keep. All the money they have been collecting what difference has it made, nothing to show. Nobody collect a single dime from Turai Yaradua. They just want to embarrass GEJ . We're familiar with these type of politics. Inflation is biting hard, the economy is in shambles, people are suffering, unemployment is high with job loss a daily routine. This government is bereft of ideas. The only momentum is to keep the fight against corruption in the news. Pls fight the corruption in the current government. Embarrassing patience is the same thing as disgracing Jonathan and that means dishonoring the peace pact signed BTW you guys. Never ever touch the former president and his family. Even Sani Abacha, nobody would have asked his family to return a dime if he were to be alive. Any amount recovered will not make any difference and won't change our situation right now. BTW I did not vote for either Buhari or Jonathan, I thought Jonathan was too nice and alow alot of things go unchecked and for Buhari, I was of the believe that he was too old at 72 yrs and out of sync as other people will run the government for him which is what is going on. I spent the whole of 28 March 2015 in my Gwarimpa apartment.
. Your argument is exactly the reason why we will remain in the same spot for many years to come when your grand children will shout up NEPA to awaken the memories of your own time when you similarly shouted up NEPA; 50 or more years down the line!
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by zikter(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
banmee:

Yes there is corruption in those countries you have mentioned. The difference is, the number of people who are not, far outnumber the people who are. In Nigeria, all of you are corrupt. The proof is in the state of the country.
you have done well to show that you are not really good in an intelligent debate. I like to engage people who have the capacity to intelligently present their view so we can learn from each other. having interacted with you, you have fallen short of my expectations on the subject. take care and have a pleasant time.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
onedayatime:

brother, you are fighting a lost case. Just accept defeat. You have no point. All you have is assumption.
Accepting defeat won't make you less a man

Until you can swear to me that will never give a policemen bribe now or in the future.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by onedayatime(m): 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
banmee:

If the higher place is in Nigeria, thanks but no thanks. Why would I want to live in a corrupt country surrounded by corrupt people?
but you are already living in a corrupti society(I mean your environment). A man can not see beyond his view. Your opinion.
P.s. Learn to speak for yourself alone and not others
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by zikter(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
banmee:

ok, what if we say the number of corrupt people in nigeria far outnumber the ones not corrupt? and that is why nigeria is not that good.you have done well to show that you are not really good in an intelligent debate. I like to engage people who have the capacity to intelligently present their view so we can learn from each other. having interacted with you, you have fallen short of my expectations on the subject. take care and have a pleasant time.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by onedayatime(m): 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
to me Zikter is the winner, Banmee, you have been unable to prove your case before Nairalanders.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by yaronjos(m): 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
Wow...so if it belongs to Dame, she has to forfeit the said properties. Meanwhile if it does not, the properties shall b returned to their rightful owners... EFCC, my point here is won't the 'rightful owners ' also be investigated to find out how they were able to acquire the properties...
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
onedayatime:

that is just too much, young lady. Because you are on social media dosen't mean you should just talk anyhow.

Did u see what he said that made me react?

I'm not sure u did, I won't take threats likely, not even on social media.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by zikter(m): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
Babzilla:

you are totally wrong here. if you read about Nigeria, the president has on numerous occasions cited corruption as a major problem of the nation. the citizens generally agree on this as well. you will also read about the fight against it and monies people indicted have returned. the point of disagreement is always the manner in which the fight is done, basically because of our ethnic and religious divide
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by Abuleoshi: 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
Skye Bank again? This Bank was soooooooooooo neck deep inside corruption under Tunde Ayenyi as chairman. No wonder the bank almost went into distress few months ago, because no looted funds to keep the Bank above water.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
zikter:
ok, what if we say the number of corrupt people in nigeria far outnumber the ones not corrupt? and that is why nigeria is not that good.you have done well to show that you are not really good in an intelligent debate. I like to engage people who have the capacity to intelligently present their view so we can learn from each other. having interacted with you, you have fallen short of my expectations on the subject. take care and have a pleasant time.

Of what use is my debating you when the proof is in the way you live your lives. You are denying what you do on a daily basis. You have not even said you don't do it. Not once.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
onedayatime:

but you are already living in a corrupti society(I mean your environment). A man can not see beyond his view. Your opinion.
P.s. Learn to speak for yourself alone and not others

I used to. The main reason you all are living in a cesspit is because you guys don't like to tell yourselves the truth. How do you move forward when you keep lying to yourselves.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by onedayatime(m): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
kennygee:

Did u see what he said that made me react?

I'm not sure u did, I won't take threats likely, not even on social media.
well, I don't and it is normal to get angry anytime but just make sure you don't overreact when showing your anger. A beautiful girl like you shouldn't just get angry easily.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
onedayatime:
to me Zikter is the winner, Banmee, you have been unable to prove your case before Nairalanders.

I agree. I lost. There is no way i can win against corrupt minds who will never accept who they are. Even if i brought video evidence, you still refuse to accept who you are. A thing that you all do but won't accept, how do i win against that. To most Nigerians, giving a policeman bribe is not considered corruption. It is business as usual. And you want to be a better country. Your mentality is the way to be one. Continue.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by Thobiy(m): 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
hmmn
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by onedayatime(m): 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
banmee:

I agree. I lost. There is no way i can win against corrupt minds who will never accept who they are. Even if i brought video evidence, you still refuse to accept who you are. A thing that you all do but won't accept, how do i win against that. To most Nigerians, giving a policeman bribe is not considered corruption. It is business as usual. And you want to be a better country. Your mentality is the way to be one. Continue.

banmee you fit argue o. You know what Banmee, give yourself a break and see if you go get point(s) and come back come fight your case but as at now no point.

But I wonder o Banmee, if you can hardly make point on social platform like this where you have all the time in this world to think deeply and couple(just like machines) your facts together, how then are you going to fair when you are in the real world where you will hardly have time??
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 10:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
onedayatime:

banmee you fit argue o. You know what Banmee, give yourself a break and see if you go get point(s) and come back come fight your case but as at now no point.

But I wonder o Banmee, if you can hardly make point on social platform like this where you have all the time in this world to think deeply and couple(just like machines) your facts together, how they are you going to fair when you are in the real world where you will hardly have time??

Explain to me which points i don't have? That as a owner of a vehicle, or even a passenger you don't give bribes to policemen? Answer that, if you can. The reason you don't see a problem with it is because you have been doing it for so long it has become as normal as breathing. Why wouldn't you think this way?
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
zikter:
you are totally wrong here. if you read about Nigeria, the president has on numerous occasions cited corruption as a major problem of the nation. the citizens generally agree on this as well. you will also read about the fight against it and monies people indicted have returned. the point of disagreement is always the manner in which the fight is done, basically because of our ethnic and religious divide
If Im goong to write about corruption space no go dey.
To fight corruption you need to understand the true nature of its origins. Fighting corruption goes beyond just arresting people in positions of authority who looted. How do we move from being afraid to be arrested to actually sitting down to do the right thing. I have worked in several organizations and honestly we have a long way to go.. we necer even start. No matter how you put laws and penalties to dissuade us from stealing we always try to find a way to beat tye system refusing to work, and stealing among otuer fraidulent activities....and whenthey do others hail them as being smart these are people who are not in authority who are being monitored... imagine such an individual niw given a position with minimal supervision that person cant work.

The truth is there is very very few Nigerians who you will put in any posotion of authority who wont steal or participate in acts of corruption. Its in our culture. If you dont loot the same Nigerians will call you mumu. To fight this it starts with everyone trying to do his /her best.. which brings the "change begins with me" concept which is cool but how many people acknowledge their part i making this country the way it is? Everyone will claim he is innocent and point fingers in our usual fashion.
Nigerians believetrue change starts from the top but the reality is it starts from the bottom.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by banmee(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
Babzilla:

If Im goong to write about corruption space no go dey.
To fight corruption you need to understand the true nature of its origins. Fighting corruption goes beyond just arresting people in positions of authority who looted. How do we move from being afraid to be arrested to actually sitting down to do the right thing. I have worked in several organizations and honestly we have a long way to go.. we necer even start. No matter how you put laws and penalties to dissuade us from stealing we always try to find a way to beat tye system refusing to work, and stealing among otuer fraidulent activities....and whenthey do others hail them as being smart these are people who are not in authority who are being monitored... imagine such an individual niw given a position with minimal supervision that person cant work.

The truth is there is very very few Nigerians who you will put in any posotion of authority who wont steal or participate in acts of corruption. Its in our culture. If you dont loot the same Nigerians will call you mumu. To fight this it starts with everyone trying to do his /her best.. which brings the "change begins with me" concept which is cool but how many people acknowledge their part i making this country the way it is? Everyone will claim he is innocent and point fingers in our usual fashion.
Nigerians believetrue change starts from the top but the reality is it starts from the bottom.

You are arguing with zikter? Don't bother. He can't see the truth or the obvious even if it is sitting on his head.
Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by babestella: 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
I'm waiting to hear how much of Abacha's loot that is in his wife's account or in his children's account despite how much had been recovered so far. OR are they telling me Abacha never gave some of the loot to his wife and children to hide away?

Well Buhari said Abacha never stole. Use your tongue to count your teeth, if Buhari wants to collect everything GEJ and his family has, let him go ahead. No wahala, but this injustice against Southerners will surely stop one day.

Please ask EFCC boss where Ibrahim Larmode is till date, he has gone into hiding abroad ever since evidences of graft was released against him, he ran away and till today, EFCCV or the FG cannot tell us any of his properties they have seized. But when it concerns a Southerner, we will not hear word.

Mind you, I'm not in support of corruption, but I am against Nepotism and selective justice which is the order of the day in this present admin.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Faces Fresh Probe Over N5b Abuja Hotel by Kagarko(m): 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
Dshocker:
Bayelsa N10,000,000,000 hotel,Abuja N5,000,000,000

Wetin happen na,what is she doing with all this money na¿

Someone even told me that she owns ABUJA ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY ( AEDC ).

GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chibok Girls; Lai Mohammed, Oby Ezekwesili & Others Head To Sambisa Forest. PICS / Suleiman Afegbua Assassinated On Benin-Auchi Road (pics) / Police Arrest Kwankwaso Supporters In Kano For Burning Brooms(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.