Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,247 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola (32000 Views)

Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly / Sorry Lagos, You Don’t Have Oil / U Can’t Diversify The Economy From Oil By Searching For Oil In The North- Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by jide219(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
EternalTruths:

Take your education very serious so as not to appear unintelligent online.

The write up says, OBJ demonic bill made into law in order to deny ND their oil wells 370km far into the sea will affect Lagos state also since most of her oil wells are far into the sea.

The God of SS/SE is really fighting back cool
Shey Akwa Ibom, bayelsA, rivers, delta Na south east nii,

3 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Izonpikin: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
EternalTruths:

The write up says, OBJ demonic bill made into law in order to deny ND their oil wells 370km far into the sea will affect Lagos state also since most of her oil wells are far into the sea.

thanks for clearing the air for our brother..major gas reserves are far off the coast which means lagos won't smell revenues from it when produced.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Emancipation: 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
The Bottom Line is that Majority of the oil and Gas producing wells is out of reach for lagos government. We as Nigerians will share the profit from Kano to Calabar.

This is pure Karma unless you fight for resource control

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Chiznonso: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
I dont think that isobath thing worked out, due to protest , House gave 13% of everything to ND
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by OBAGADAFFI: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
davodyguy:
so?

This is just semntics by Damola.

The exploration has begun and crude oil is being extracted and exported, with income being generated.

I'm not sure Lagos borders any of the NG states that would make them wants to lay claim to the other part of the water ways, where the oil can be explored.

All waters ways still belong to the FG.

Some people might misinterpret this, as if there was no discovery.

Get it. There was discovery in the water close to Lagos and as of now, Lagos State has be allocated ownership status of 4 oil wells.

Whether the 200 isobath was fraudulently introduced by OBJ or not, Lagos is now controlled by the party at the centre. With Fashola, Tinubu and Ambode, its only a matter of time, before the 2004 pact is reviewed for the benefit of all.

May be this is the only opportunity for that restructuring to take place. This means more money to the oil producing states. However, the negative part of this possible review is that the governors would probably still cheat the indigenes of the states. Even with 2004 pact, Lucky Igbenedon, James Ibori and Peter Odili, still stole billions from their states. Giving more money to their cronies in government now may spell doom for the people. With the FG having the money, you are guaranteed a good spread.

That allocation is mere political, since there is a law to counter that.

Any allocation derivation collected by Lagos can be reversed.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by suzzyprima: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
Speak in English please
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by OMAR12: 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
davodyguy:
so?

The exploration has begun and crude oil is being extracted and exported, with income being generated.

I'm not sure Lagos borders any of the NG states that would make them wants to lay claim to the other part of the water ways, where the oil can be explored.

Get it. There was discovery in the water close to Lagos and as of now, Lagos State has be allocated ownership status of 4 oil wells.

Whether the 200 isobath was fraudulently introduced by OBJ or not, Lagos is now controlled by the party at the centre. With Fashola, Tinubu and Ambode, its only a matter of time, before the 2004 pact is reviewed for the benefit of all.

May be this is the only opportunity for that restructuring to take place. This means more money to the oil producing states. However, the negative part of this possible review is that the governors would probably still cheat the indigenes of the states. Even with 2004 pact, Lucky Igbenedon, James Ibori and Peter Odili, still stole billions from their states. Giving more money to their cronies in government now may spell doom for the people. With the FG having the money, you are guaranteed a good spread.
yes you guys don't like to be at the short end of the stick, BT u keep scream at others for wanting what u want.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by OMAR12: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
davodyguy:
so?

yes you guys don't like to be at the short end of the stick, BT u keep scream at others for wanting what u want. now u think I will benefit everyone because yo now part of those being cheated.chameleons
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by tempest01(m): 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
davodyguy:
so?

You read with no understanding. You and your kin in collaboration with nothern states, in trying to cheat the niger delta refused to grant them 13% beyond 200m water depth. The first oil field you've discovered is at 200m water dept. Subsequent discoveries will go deeper. The money from those fields is going to the federal government to be shared among the fg and states including the ND.

If a big discovery is made, no other state will support you in changing the rules because they benefit.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by tempest01(m): 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Chiznonso:
I dont think that isobath thing worked out, due to protest , House gave 13% of everything to ND

Wrong. I think the law was made just to favor akwaibom. It it's only recently they started having land fields. If 13% of what akwaibom produces goes back to them, they will get two to three times their allocation
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by tempest01(m): 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
solacesolutions:
I wasnt wrong when i mentioned this thesis earlier this year laws will be re-written and then other oil producing states with wells close to water areas will benefit form the change of law or Lagos remains stranded. Let's keep watching

Do you know what it takes to change laws?

Akwa ibom had to Threaten the country to able to change the law. I am afraid you won't be able to get the quorum to change this one. You don't expect the Hausas and igbos to support you. You will shorten their allocation. The same way you didn't support niger delta for resource control.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by MRLANNISTER(m): 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
OfficialAwol:
I tried to understand what i am reading but cant tell if i did.

But i grabbed that lagos does have oil but simply cant benefit from it very much like the niger delta states.

I think this is the simple summary of the write up which makes mewonder why you had to punish us with "isobaths" and "cubic depth" lol

It's so shameful that once topics get slightly technical our so called graduates become very confused. We really need to work on improving education and knowledge acquisition before we drift further in this country. I weep.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by rosebowl01(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
jide219:
Shey Akwa Ibom, bayelsA, rivers, delta Na south east nii,

No mind these greedy ibos, they must sha attach by force. hahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by babestella: 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
kaen1317:
And Buhari is busy searching for oil in the north like a madman

The man is searching for oil in the North just for the interest of the North and nothing more. I can imagine that the map of Nigeria is the other way round, and the oil is domiciled in the North, by now the abokis would have chased everyone away from the North or even divide this country so they could own the oil alone.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Cletus77(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
Am happy the number one state in Nigeria is going to join the struggle for our rights....Lagos state pls don't fall us...
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Adedamola.....yu hv a point but yu just missed it. I work for a multinational oil service company in d drilling n formation evaluation arm. I and I repeat I was the second lead guy on d job of Aje 5 and 3 wells respectively. The rig we drilled with was Saipem old semi submersible rig. The distance from the rig or well from lagos land is like 2km, convert it to nautical mileage. Approximately 10 minutes to ikeja caverton heliport. The point am making is dis, the field or well is not deep continental shelf but just near shore and depth of 15ft to sea bed. This oil belongs to Lagos and will be duly credited by RMAFC. Mind yu am from Niger delta. No hard feelings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Godemcee(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
EternalTruths:

all se state produce only 1,7% oil(imo and abia

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by olawrites4(m): 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
davodyguy:
so?

This is the most intelligent comment so far about this topic. Lagos has the political capacity to make it possible to benefit from the oil, the rest is history. But when this kind of move benefits the Niger delta states also, will their leaders use the money to develop their land the way it is been done in Lagos? Only time will tell. By the way nice write up @Damola, you inspire me. This is the kind of stuff we should be doing on Nairaland, and not pictures of naked actresses everywhere.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Godemcee(m): 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
tempest01:

Do you know what it takes to change laws?

Akwa ibom had to Threaten the country to able to change the law. I am afraid you won't be able to get the quorum to change this one. You don't expect the Hausas and igbos to support you. You will shorten their allocation. The same way you didn't support niger delta for resource control.
ode oshi,we're u deaf when s.west representatives were seeking for referendum.
we don't even care bout the oil it has caused. more harm than good,if d s.west don't help ur cause it's all crap.
am sure u from s.east u guys only produce 1.7% oil(abia nd imo)
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Igboid: 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
If it comes down to it. And the SW unites with SS for fight for offshore oil control. The SE should simply sit on the fence and let them slugg it out with the North. Because with the North numerical advantage at the NASSS, there is no way the SS/SW are winning that battle even if SE supports them. We( SE) have bigger fish to fry.

All the oil in the Igbo speaking parts of Rivers/ Delta and in Imo/ Abia and Anambra basin are onshore oil wells.
Our fight is should be for 100% control of land and. land resources by indigenes, which Will translate to the abrogation of the land use act, and not Offshore battle.
We shouldn't stand on SW/SS way on their impending offshore battle with the FG and the North, but we shouldn't equally meddle into offshore fight, it's simply not our fight. We sit this one out, and conserve our strength for more strategic fights.

This is just my opinion, which I believe I'm entitled to, and does not represent the stand of Ndiigbo on this issue.

I hope our reps and senators will be wise enough to analyze this issue strategically.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Igboid: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
Godemcee:
ode oshi,we're u deaf when s.west representatives were seeking for referendum.
we don't even care bout the oil it has caused. more harm than good,if d s.west don't help ur cause it's all crap.
am sure u from s.east u guys only produce 1.7% oil(abia nd imo)

https://www.nairaland.com/2711759/how-ondo-became-oil-producing

Please, leave the SE out of your madness.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by foody(f): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
kaen1317:
And Buhari is busy searching for oil in the north like a madman
wow then the situation is now very simple because if Buhari eventually discover oil in the North , it will take the FG just 2hours to change the written laws. let's not forget that the one who made the pencil also made the eraser. so let's pray along with Buhari to quickly discover the oil, I also guess that Nigeria might be divided, cos obviously the only thing binding us all in Nigeria is oil. But what a pity.
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by gbeseun(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=seunmsg post=49488338]The opinion of the author is so on point. Personally, I don't think any state should benefit from oil exploration in the deep water. The exploration is so far away from onshore and any claim of environmental impact is just a political claim and not real. Resources found in the deep waters should belong to the federation for the benefit of all parts of the country. [/quote
D resources they ur house or your land abi.kontinue]
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by chrisblack: 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emancipation:
Asari Dakubo wasn't far from the truth when he said lagos has no oil.

Key points:

1) The Obasanjo government in accommodating a solution settled on the onshore/offshore abrogation bill of February 2004 (backdated to April 2002) which describes the limit of the littoral states as the 200 metre water depth isobath contiguous to a State of the Federation.

2) Instead of using the 200 nautical miles (370 km) Exclusive Economic Zone EEZ as anticipated, the bill cleverly recommended a limit of ‘200 metre water depth isobath’. It was a masterstroke by Obasanjo, the Federalist.

3) For states whose sea bed plunges sharply into the sea, the 200m water depth isobaths would be closer to shore while states with gently sloping sea beds would have a farther derivation belt.
Lagos, Ogun and Ondo States’ sea bed are typically in the former category while the likes of Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom are in the latter.

4) Lagos has now been accredited for derivation by the RMAFC but in his speech to Governor Ambode, the Chairman of the Commission noted that Lagos is only qualified for derivation on production from 4 wells out of the five in the Aje field as the last well fell beyond the 200 isobath water depth. Note that the Aje field is just 24 kilometres from the coast of Lagos and in water depth of about 100 meters — a shallow, near-offshore field by industry deep-water standards. And there also lies the problem for Lagos. Most of the future production from offshore Lagos is farther into the Atlantic.
this guy is just funny lagos and akwaibom have similar isobath levels
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Dapyem(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

That allocation is mere political, since there is a law to counter that.

Any allocation derivation collected by Lagos can be reversed.
If the allocation is political,dont u think dat d same politics can be used to prevent d reversal?
My opinion is if politics was used to allocate,it can still be used to prevent reversal. Forget about Tinubu,Fashola,Ambode or d ruling party at d centre,our politicians can make any deal for their own interest. Its jst a matter of striking deal wit percentage and rest will be history.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by rlauncher(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emancipation:
Asari Dakubo wasn't far from the truth when he said lagos has no oil.

Key points:

1) The Obasanjo government in accommodating a solution settled on the onshore/offshore abrogation bill of February 2004 (backdated to April 2002) which describes the limit of the littoral states as the 200 metre water depth isobath contiguous to a State of the Federation.

2) Instead of using the 200 nautical miles (370 km) Exclusive Economic Zone EEZ as anticipated, the bill cleverly recommended a limit of ‘200 metre water depth isobath’. It was a masterstroke by Obasanjo, the Federalist.

3) For states whose sea bed plunges sharply into the sea, the 200m water depth isobaths would be closer to shore while states with gently sloping sea beds would have a farther derivation belt.
Lagos, Ogun and Ondo States’ sea bed are typically in the former category while the likes of Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom are in the latter.

4) Lagos has now been accredited for derivation by the RMAFC but in his speech to Governor Ambode, the Chairman of the Commission noted that Lagos is only qualified for derivation on production from 4 wells out of the five in the Aje field as the last well fell beyond the 200 isobath water depth. Note that the Aje field is just 24 kilometres from the coast of Lagos and in water depth of about 100 meters — a shallow, near-offshore field by industry deep-water standards. And there also lies the problem for Lagos. Most of the future production from offshore Lagos is farther into the Atlantic.

The FG cannot cheat Lagos out of its rights.All necessary action will be taken to ensure this.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by rlauncher(m): 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
Izonpikin:
not knowing that lagos one day would have to benefit...you see ehn..when God wan punish people na so e dey be...they thought marginalising the niger delta was to punish us not knowing that it was going to shoot them in the feet...

At least soon the niger delta would have neighbors who would be ready to fight for resource control and reforms in the oil and gas sector...bills like the PIB would be fully followed up by the south westerners... cool cool cool...

them never see anything yet...

Stop misrepresenting issues. Southwesterners supported 13% derivation and PIB. It was opposed by the North.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Izonpikin: 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
rlauncher:

Stop misrepresenting issues. Southwesterners supported 13% derivation and PIB. It was opposed by the North.
hehehehe...make I laugh..resource control nkor?..how many westerners supported the PIB if I may ask?..your elites supported it??..

1 Like

Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by Izonpikin: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
rlauncher:

The FG cannot cheat Lagos out of its rights.All necessary action will be taken to ensure this.
wait for the north oo..ona go fight tire..

cheesy
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by slick1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nice write up.
Waiting to see what d SW does
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by xtervaganza(m): 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
1st off,agis makes more money than all oil producing states.

2nd, with all due respect to Niger delta and it's people, this is Lagos and Yoruba land. We can easuly mend the rules to suit us. Dedication or not won't affect anybody here
Re: Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola by emerged01(m): 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
OfficialAwol:
I tried to understand what i am reading but cant tell if i did.

But i grabbed that lagos does have oil but simply cant benefit from it very much like the niger delta states.

I think this is the simple summary of the write up which makes mewonder why you had to punish us with "isobaths" and "cubic depth" lol
U funny o! I dey with u jare....not even when I dey h I go come dey try to break English to piece

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara, Obasanjo Absent At Independence Day Rally / Nigerians Will Be Shocked By Those Behind Girls' Abduction - Says Matawalle / The Weapons Army Recovered From Militants In Ondo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.