Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,700 members, 7,823,971 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures (34879 Views)

My Little Tomatoes And Cabbage Garden (PHOTOS) / Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures / Which Area(s) Grows Beetroot Commercially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by hybridveggies(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
Friends, Do you remember the invitation sent out on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/3187339/invitation-freely-participate-veggies-demo#3187339.4 and https://www.nairaland.com/3285319/great-results-veggies-demo-did

The demo plot was a great success with all the listed veggies producing great yield. Cabbage was one of them. We did the harvesting 4 days back and we had each head weighing 1.5kg. When we got to central fresh vegetable market in Ibadan, we realized that 50 heads of cabbage of average size is presently sold for N8,000 (wholesale price) and according to the dealer, the price would be on the rise for sometime.

Imagine we planted 3000 stands. Getting the right seeds, right production skill and right market; veggies business isn't a bad idea after all. Check our signature to know more about us, read articles on vegetable production, get to know about our current projects, ask questions to get prompt feedback. Visit our blog site and facebook page to know us.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Princejebs(m): 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
Now I am FTC,why do people actually fight for these first to comment. Wait,is like seun use to give money

#RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Pavore9: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
Stereotype-based beliefs cages the mind. Nigeria is so blessed with possibilities but some have conditioned their minds to be blind to them! angry

This demo farm proves it is possible and can be scaled up.

@hybridveggies, which variety did you grow? There are varieties that gives a head weight of 4kg and above.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by hybridveggies(m): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
Thanks @pavore9. We planted Indica F1 and Paski F1 both from East West Seeds Company

Pavore9:
Stereotype-based beliefs cages the mind. Nigeria is so blessed with possibilities but some have conditioned their minds to be blind to them! angry

This demo farm proves it is possible and can be scaled up.

@hybridveggies, which variety did you grow? There are varieties that gives a head weight of 4kg and above.

10 Likes

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Pavore9: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
hybridveggies:
Thanks @pavore9. We planted Indica F1 and Paski F1 both from East West Seeds Company

You need to source for varieties that will yield bigger head weight. These two attached yields more head weight.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by salabscholar01(m): 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
more

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by recievesense: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Ikigia: 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nigeria is so blessed, God indeed loves this land.

11 Likes

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Moreoffaith(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
And some are here hunting grammatical error day and night. Better get involve in something and stop looking for a white colar job.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by davodyguy: 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
Recession is a blessing.

It's bring the best out of us.

Over reliance on oyel kills grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by davodyguy: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
Moreoffaith:
And some are here hunting grammatical error day and night. Better get involve in something and stop looking for a white colar job.

It's recession that has eaten up their brains

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by paranorman(m): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Weldone OP! I love farming even though farming is not my thing. Give me computers and I'l bless your generations unborn..

Fifa 17! Can't wait to play with Manchester United..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Souljaboi1: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Really nice.

I do hope to go into Agricultural production someday.

1 Like

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Vilshow(m): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
Noted
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by ALVA001: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hi, pls what prt of Ibadan are you, and how open are u to training people. Thanks,regards.

1 Like

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by seguno2: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ikigia:
Nigeria is so blessed, God indeed loves this land.

Since we obviously don't love ourselves to use our God-given brains, of what benefit is "God indeed loves this land"?
Of what benefit?

1 Like

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by ALVA001: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
hybridveggies:
Friends, Do you remember the invitation sent out on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/3187339/invitation-freely-participate-veggies-demo#3187339.4 and https://www.nairaland.com/3285319/great-results-veggies-demo-did

The demo plot was a great success with all the listed veggies producing great yield. Cabbage was one of them. We did the harvesting 4 days back and we had each head weighing 1.5kg. When we got to central fresh vegetable market in Ibadan, we realized that 50 heads of cabbage of average size is presently sold for N8,000 (wholesale price) and according to the dealer, the price would be on the rise for sometime.

Imagine we planted 3000 stands. Getting the right seeds, right production skill and right market; veggies business isn't a bad idea after all. Check our signature to know more about us, read articles on vegetable production, get to know about our current projects, ask questions to get prompt feedback. Visit our blog site and facebook page to know us.
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by codemaniacs: 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
davodyguy:
Recession is a blessing.

It's bring the best out of us.

Over reliance on oyel kills grin

it has nothing to do with recession... there are a lot of farmers in the SW that own thousands of acres of land..

1 Like

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by abbeyty(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
this is very nice
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by everyday: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
impressive
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by valslove8715(f): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
Souljaboi1:
Really nice.

I do hope to go into Agricultural producti
on someday.

Do not wait for someday, start it now. Procrastination is the thief of time. Am into poultry and I love it!

2 Likes

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by chinchong: 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
e no surprise tho.
almost all the crops and vegetables that are doing well in the north,south and the eastern part of Nigeria will also do well here due to our fertile land and good weather condition which is good for all type of agricultural practices.
If i could remember, there was this man back then beside my house, he that planted planted up to four species of apple(green, brown and one that resemble colour purple) and they all geminated, grew and produced fruit even without using fertilizer.

7 Likes

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Sanuzi(m): 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
wow .thats good ooo
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Ikigia: 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
seguno2:

Since we obviously don't love ourselves to use our God-given brains, of what benefit is "God indeed loves this land"?
Of what benefit?

Because He blessed the land, simple.

2 Likes

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
This how Nigeria will become great again.

Not searching for oil in chad basin and benue through.

Make we use our brains..
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by SpicyJosBabe(f): 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
Wonderful
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by seguno2: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ikigia:
Because He blessed the land, simple.

So which land did God not bless?

1 Like

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by dreamworld: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
grin
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by laviecontinue: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
Seriously
seguno2:

So which land did God not bless?
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Smooyis(m): 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
Love this
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Moreoffaith(m): 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
davodyguy:

It's recession that has eaten up their brains

You funny o my brother grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Economical Tree Crops Seedlings Available For Sale. / Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.