Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,610 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures (34878 Views)

My Little Tomatoes And Cabbage Garden (PHOTOS) / Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures / Which Area(s) Grows Beetroot Commercially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Ikigia: 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
seguno2:

So which land did God not bless?
You tell me undecided
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by leyemok(m): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
i am going to try his in Abuja.
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by sonnie10: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
Those pictures are not convincing enough. Heap of cabbage in one spot and a woman carrying same in a basket. Not even one still attached to the leafy stem on the soil.
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Souljaboi1: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
valslove8715:

Do not wait for someday, start it now. Procrastination is the thief of time. Am into poultry and I love it!

Thanks, I do hope to start soon.

I saw your location and I want to ask if you know Yan Kura, Bata, Kabuga or Zoo road ?

1 Like

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by dualsurvey: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
Somebody was discouraging me on planting cowpea, that it can only do well in the north. But I eventually gave it a trial, and it's doing fine. All I just need is to follow the agronomic practices very well. I believe most of the crops coming from north can do well here.

2 Likes

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Moreoffaith(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
dualsurvey:
Somebody was discouraging me on planting cowpea, that it can only do well in the north. But I eventually gave it a trial, and it's doing fine. All I just need is to follow the agronomic practices very well. I believe most of the crops coming from north can do well here.

My brother I like your courage, if u had listen to those antiprogress u wouldn't have that experience and also achieve this..Bigger you I pray and also wish you success in all u lay Ur hands on..God bless Nigeria and bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
hybridveggies:
Friends, Do you remember the invitation sent out on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/3187339/invitation-freely-participate-veggies-demo#3187339.4 and https://www.nairaland.com/3285319/great-results-veggies-demo-did

The demo plot was a great success with all the listed veggies producing great yield. Cabbage was one of them. We did the harvesting 4 days back and we had each head weighing 1.5kg. When we got to central fresh vegetable market in Ibadan, we realized that 50 heads of cabbage of average size is presently sold for N8,000 (wholesale price) and according to the dealer, the price would be on the rise for sometime.

Imagine we planted 3000 stands. Getting the right seeds, right production skill and right market; veggies business isn't a bad idea after all. Check our signature to know more about us, read articles on vegetable production, get to know about our current projects, ask questions to get prompt feedback. Visit our blog site and facebook page to know us.

op did you believe who told you it was sold for N8:000 or did you mean N800 ..isn't that a luxury? for crying out loud
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Munzy14(m): 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
very good. i wonder why people are pessimistic. in a discussion some people swore that cucumber can't grow here in the East. i was only laughing because my 7sacks experiment yielded much. to the extent i decided to embark on 200sacks for commercial bases. #followyourpassion#
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by sonety2k(m): 1:16am On Sep 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by am4peace: 2:12am On Sep 20, 2016
Princejebs:
Now I am FTC,why do people actually fight for these first to comment. Wait,is like use to give money

#RUBBISH

u just fought grin grin
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Hollar007(m): 6:18am On Sep 20, 2016
@ hybridveggies Dis is my would like to relate to knw more abt it 07061532953, Olyinka007@yahoo.com
Would love to have urs...
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by bozz007(m): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2016
@op what is the gestation?
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by shegz4law(m): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hello friends, I'm beginning to develop interest in Cucumber farming... I live in Ibadan... Can someone here help with information on where to get cucumber seeds in Ibadan or anywhere close? .... Thanks
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by hybridveggies(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2016
Check our signature (profile) on nairaland to communicate.
Hollar007:
@ hybridveggies
Dis is my would like to relate to knw more abt it
07061532953, Olyinka007@yahoo.com

Would love to have urs...
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by hybridveggies(m): 10:27am On Sep 24, 2016
Check the links posted in the text to see earlier pictures.
sonnie10:
Those pictures are not convincing enough. Heap of cabbage in one spot and a woman carrying same in a basket. Not even one still attached to the leafy stem on the soil.
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by valslove8715(f): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Thanks, I do hope to start soon.

I saw your location and I want to ask if you know Yan Kura, Bata, Kabuga or Zoo road ?

Yes I know all those places u mentioned, do you leave in Kano or u ve bn there before?
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Souljaboi1: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
valslove8715:

Yes I know all those places u mentioned, do you leave in Kano or u ve bn there before?

Yes, I do.

If you do too, we can work on making an income from this as well.
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by valslove8715(f): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Yes, I do.
If you do too, we can work on making an income from this as well.

How do u mean
Re: Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures by Konquest: 11:14pm On Jan 05
hybridveggies:
Friends, Do you remember the invitation sent out on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/3187339/invitation-freely-participate-veggies-demo#3187339.4 and https://www.nairaland.com/3285319/great-results-veggies-demo-did

The demo plot was a great success with all the listed veggies producing great yield. Cabbage was one of them. We did the harvesting 4 days back and we had each head weighing 1.5kg. When we got to central fresh vegetable market in Ibadan, we realized that 50 heads of cabbage of average size is presently sold for N8,000 (wholesale price) and according to the dealer, the price would be on the rise for sometime.

Imagine we planted 3000 stands. Getting the right seeds, right production skill and right market; veggies business isn't a bad idea after all. Check our signature to know more about us, read articles on vegetable production, get to know about our current projects, ask questions to get prompt feedback. Visit our blog site and facebook page to know us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Nairalanders, My Farm Is Going Down / Economical Tree Crops Seedlings Available For Sale. / 22 Weeks Old Layers Not Laying Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.