Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari (55247 Views)

Portrait Of Buhari Dressed In Igbo Attire Presented To Him By Nigeria Ambassador / Winifred Oyo-Ita And Abba Kyari In Heated Argument Over Leaked Memo (Video / REUBEN ABATI: I Collected N500m From Dasuki As Xmas Gift To Journalists Read Mor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by 9jagoodman: 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
A Glossary of Terms:

Systemic corruption
As opposed to exploiting occasional opportunities, endemic or systemic corruption is when corruption is an integrated and essential aspect of the economic, social and political system, when it is embedded in a wider situation that helps sustain it. Systemic corruption is not a special category of corrupt practice, but rather a situation in which the major institutions and processes of the state are routinely dominated and used by corrupt individuals and groups, and in which most people have no alternatives to dealing with corrupt officials. Examples might include contemporary Bangladesh, Nigeria, Kenya, Cameroon and many others. (Michael Johnston: Fighting Systemic Corruption: Social Foundations for Institutional Reform.)

Sporadic (individual) corruption
Sporadic corruption is the opposite of systemtic corruption. Sporadic corruption occurs irregularly and therefore it does not threaten the mechanisms of control nor the economy as such. It is not crippling, but it can seriously undermine morale and sap the economy of resources.

Political (Grand) corruption
Political corruption is any transaction between private and public sector actors through which collective goods are illegitimately converted into private-regarding payoffs. Political corruption is often used synonymously with “grand” or high level corruption, distinguished from bureaucratic or petty corruption because it involves political decision-makers. Political or grand corruption takes place at the high levels of the political system, when politicians and state agents entitled to make and enforce the laws in the name of the people, are using this authority to sustain their power, status and wealth. Political corruption not only leads to the misallocation of resources, but it also perverts the manner in which decisions are made. Political corruption is when the laws and regulations are abused by the rulers, side-stepped, ignored, or even tailored to fit their interests. It is when the legal bases, against which corrupt practices are usually evaluated and judged, are weak and furthermore subject to downright encroachment by the rulers.

Grand corruption
High level or “grand” corruption takes place at the policy formulation end of politics. It refers not so much to the amount of money involved as to the level in which it takes place: grand corruption is at the top levels of the public sphere, where policies and rules are formulated in the first place. Usually (but not always) synonymous to political corruption.

Petty corruption
Small scale, bureaucratic or petty corruption is the everyday corruption that takes place at the implementation end of politics, where the public officials meet the public. Petty corruption is bribery in connection with the implementation of existing laws, rules and regulations, and thus different from “grand” or political corruption. Petty corruption refers to the modest sums of money usually involved, and has also been called “low level” and “street level” to name the kind of corruption that people can experience more or less daily, in their encounter with public administration and services like hospitals, schools, local licensing authorities, police, taxing authorities and so on.

Above taken from: http://www.u4.no/document/faqs5

Legal and Moral Corruption
Corruption is derived from the Latin verb rumpere, to break. According to this approach, corruption is where the law is clearly broken. This requires that all laws must be precisely stated, leaving no doubts about their meaning and no discretion to the public officials. A legal interpretation of corruption provides a clearly demarcated boundary between what is a corrupt activity and what is not. ‘If an official’s act is prohibited by laws established by the government, it is corrupt; if it is not prohibited, it is not corrupt even if it is abusive or unethical’. (John A. Gardiner, 1993. “Defining Corruption.” In: Corruption and Reform 7)

The legal approach provides a neutral and static method of adjudicating potentially emotive and perception determined concepts of corruption. An understanding of corruption from law perspective serves to underline a deterioration of self-regulated behaviour and a dependence on the legal approach to determine right from wrong. The complexities of modern governance and a proliferation of corruption scandals have corresponded with a proliferation of complex corruption legislation.

Legislating for behaviour warrants focus upon the legality of an action and not the morality of that same action. Morality is increasingly being legislated for in the absence of and a loss of faith in self regulated behaviour. Although an act is committed within legal parameters it may lie outside moral boundaries. A corrupt act can be camouflaged by lawful justification. For example, ‘undue emphasis on narrow legalism has obscured more subtle yet costly manifestations of misgoverance’ where ‘“legal corruption” may be more prevalent than illegal forms’. (D. Kaufmann, September 2006, Corruption, Governance and Security. In: World Economic Forum. Global Competitiveness Report 2004/2005.)

From this perspective corruption encompasses undue influence over public policies, institutions, laws and regulations by vested private interests at the expense of the public interest. Cultural change, rather than legal change, may be necessary to impede corrupt behaviour. Non-corrupt actions may be within the letter of the law but do not account for the spirit of the law. The legal approach diminishes the role of moral discretion and is constrained by clearly defined edicts.

Above taken from Elaine Byrne, 2007. The Moral and Legal Development of Corruption: Nineteeth and Twentieth Century Corruption in Ireland. PhD Thesis, University of Limerick.
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
These politicians are not loyal to the masses,they are only after their interests and we too should start caring about our interest, only then we will be able to collectively demand a better government, people that defended this government will bow their heads in shame when news like this gets out.This is what you get when you trust the words of a politician, they let you down, corruption fight indeed!, to think there is a great possibility that this matter will be treated with levity, apc=all progressive criminals

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
rozayx5:

lol shame no catch you to quote me grin

by the way what do you have to say about the topic grin grin
i guess nothing cheesy

better run to another PEJ thread and find succour among your ilk cheesy grin cheesy angry grin grin
You no get sense.
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by Akinaukwa: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
For Buhari to turn his eyes away from that Kyari man, that guy must have a strong herbalist behind him.

3 Likes

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by gbishman: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
Sahara reporters sometimes i wonder the hell you guys are, u have no internal sources based on your unprofessional conduct.
Just from the way you narrate your gossips shows how untalented or trained you are.
Reading your article, i couldn't but notice you saying the president upon getting reports on corruption levelled against his cabinet members has not done anything to presecute them, for crying out loud the president is not the watch dog on corruption neither is he the court.
You guys should just relax
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by franklynsunny(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
If u believe in Buhari before, now is ur time to use of lose sense to ve a rethink?

He is a self centred slowpoke most corrupt man in Nigeria?

His English/accent is so bad dat durin his speeches of recently in USA, I was waiting for some1 to interpret his words

How can only one MAN hold Nigerians to ransome?even upto my Dog foood? Waste frm Indomie?

JESUS answer our Call

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by drss2(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
rozayx5:

grin grin

so u still believe in the dullard
buratai? the legendary saver who saved millions of dollars to buy dubai houses grin
dambazzau? with millions of dollars property in the US?
Aisha using companies to do roundtripping with CBN and buying 200M mansion in yola recently?

i have people in the presidency and i am well informed that the corruption under bubu is very high. but well supressed. this is just the tip of the iceberg?

hope you know CBN is the new cashcow for the elite?
let me stop there grin

anti corruption war ma azzzz
no mind dem. i just dey pity pipul wey put their complete trust in buari dullard's govt.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by rozayx5(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You no get sense.

zonbies are pissed grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by ceeethru(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
That is change, corruption fight is only against those who have refused to leave the party call PDP and join APC. Even if jonathan and patience join APC today their corrupt allegations would be swept under the carpet. Ask tukur burutai, ameachi, fashola, rochas, aregbosola and others.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by rozayx5(m): 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
Akinaukwa:
For Buhari to turn his eyes away from that Kyari man, that guy must have a strong herbalist behind him.

nonsense herbalist ke

na blood is thicker

he is one of them. if buhari do anyhow they will open his yansh like jibrin opened dogara own grin

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by fkj950ax(m): 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
hardbody:

What nonesense is this one saying with his small mouth

Can you read the topic all over again, and pay attention to my posts on the topic.

While at it, put aside your ethnic and tribal disposition.

Finally, hold the thought that school fees, health care, security or employment doesn't care if you are PDP or APC or 5% or 97%...

Then add a little dash of decorum...

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by ring7(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
He only did that to help obasanjo
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
If this is true, which my instinct tell it is, then I ll be waiting for Buhari to take action.
Does this mean I can only trust myself in this country?
What a shame anyway.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by ehissi(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
rozayx5:

zonbies are pissed grin grin grin grin

My friend what do you mean pissed!! angry

Its called painment!! grin

Zone-B's in a state of painment be like.......... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by mindtricks: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
The whole saga getting rather messier?

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by segcymoor(m): 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
OK o
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by millhouse: 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
but this wont be head line news ON channels TV

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by drss2(m): 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
Akinaukwa:
na its not about herbalist. buari has a habit of protecting his corrupt friends from prosecution.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by Obumorji(m): 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
[/b]Heeheehee am back again! Where are the hausa's / fulani oooooooooo. If itz GEJ or mama peace dey will bring out dia China phone. [b]

3 Likes

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by Ginsau: 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
Change Begins with PMB Cabinet lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by cruz419(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
Am not surprised jare no be dia nija i keep saying all politician are corrupt they are all one and d same d change slogan is just and appeal to our emotions
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by Bimpe29: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
Enough of selective and biased war against corruption. Buhari is not saint, he is expected to be objective and fair to some extent.

We are not against his anti-corruption crusade, but we are sick and tired of his subjectivity, triabism and rigidity.

Let your corruption fight begins with you.

#changebeginswithme

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by obailala(m): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
rozayx5:

obailala orlandoOwoh are viewing . hypocrites thinking of what to type grin cheesy grin

all zombies are hypocrites cheesy
Sorry for disappointing you boy, I am not one of the idiots who run around with their families shamelessly supporting and defending thieves, pen robbers and the maggots that have looted and ruined Nigeria; I am not one to wail over the incarceration of thieves all because of some silly tribal/ethnic, religious or partisan sentiment, I will never do that.

There is a deep moral chasm separating me and the typical morally depraved shameless specie of Nigerians whose pastime is to jump online to defend every big thief; stop expecting me to be like you, we aren't the same, and we will never be the same. Thanks..
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by EbiJUNIRO(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
hungryboy:
Corruption is a name of a person, animal place or thing

Frm ur definition, 'Corruption' in other words, it is a 'Noun'.
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by kenny987(f): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
seunmsg:
The president really needs to start wielding the big stick against members of his inner caucus who are involved in shady deals before they dent his anti corruption crusade beyond redemption. If the president continues to turn a blind eye to cases involving people like Kyari, Dambazzau and Buratai, Nigerians may start losing belief in his administration resolve to effectively fight corruption. There should be no sacred cow in the war against corruption.

The moment u understand and accept that Mr President is as much a thief if not a bigger one than d members of his inner caucus/APC members, u will have more balanced views and opinions. So long as u persist in pretending that d president is a saint and not involved in dipping his hands into public funds for pecuniary benefits, u never start.

2 Likes

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by kenny987(f): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Buhari will dissapoint me if he doesn't act

kenny987:

The moment u understand and accept that Mr President is as much a thief if not a bigger one than d members of his inner caucus/APC members, u will have more balanced views and opinions. So long as u persist in pretending that d president is a saint and not involved in dipping his hands into public funds for pecuniary benefits, u never start.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by kenny987(f): 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
MadCow1:
The President must fhuck him up immediately or.. angry
I would really hate to start seeing the President in a different light.

kenny987:

What do you take buhari for? An incorruptible man of good character? Hilarious! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by TAXMASTER: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
ABBA KYARI *Checking the archives*

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Chanchit:
And they told us this men are saints when he was appointing them.

They operate under a higher level of grace...like pastor COZA cheesy.
Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by bsideboii(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Who is decieving who....we are not even ready yet to make headway in this country.

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by kenny987(f): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
If this is true, which my instinct tell it is, then I ll be waiting for Buhari to take action.
Does this mean I can only trust myself in this country?
What a shame anyway.

kenny987:

1 Like

Re: Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari by jossy4joseph(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
RZArecta:
Typically Buhari has always been enmeshed in one form of corruption or the other especially right from his days as petroleum minister, when he ran the PTF et al and so stories like this don't surprise me. The crew will only copy what they see their captain doing cool

Buhari's silence on the matter may indicate that he got his own commission

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Gifts Man Who Trekked For Him A Car, Celebrated By His People (Photos) / Buhari Sends Ministerial List To National Assembly / Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.