Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition (7548 Views)

The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) / Seunthomas - The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by ThePENGENIUS(m): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
I'm not here to banter words with anybody. But THIS IS MEDIOCRE IN ALL ITS ENTIRETY!! Somebody spoke of "making the desk lively". Bullshit!!

Have you not realized that Nairaland is more than just a Nigerian forum? It has gradually risen to become one of the many faces of the Nigerian digital life. What picture would threads like this paint of us before International viewers?

It is folks like this that would prefer to tout themselves as high-ranking on internet boards that would run away from real word collaborations when the chips are down! Because they realize that they are inadequate.

Have you heard of Jon Skeet? One of the most popular guys on S.O (Stackoverflow). The guy is regarded as a god. Not because of some stupid "ranking", but because of his activity in solving problems in Stackoverflow.

Any developer who's worth his salt will not come and settle for this joke. Go out there guys. Solve problems. Earn badges. Build stuff. Enhance your portfolio. You will be better respected and noticed.

No offense to anybody. But enough is enough with mediocrity!!!

2 Likes

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
There are some people that are just TOUTS by nature, but na lie, they cannot shake this thread.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by larisoft: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Its unfortunate that some people just have to criticize everything!

How does this make anyone less of a great programmer? If you are of the opinion that the likes of Jon Skeet are gods and the way they are chosen is the most ideal, what prevents you from towing that line? Have you opened your own contest, conducting it the way you believe is the best and we failed to participate?

This section has times when it is just dry. During such times, you guys that are criticizing now neither post nor do nothing reasonable to improve things.

Yet, when someone takes out his resources, and time, to make the section better; you rush here to criticize him.

Its just disappointing.

2 Likes

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by KvnqPrezo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
Am not surprized that's how Nigerians criticize their own stuff....be unique, this is NL not S.O
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by KvnqPrezo(m): 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
We should go there and earn badges ...wash..
When will they come here??
Why not build your home first..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
I tire, i wish all these useless guys will just leave nairaland for us, we really dont need them around here to be honest.

1 Like

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hmmm, every place has it identity, s.o has its own, this is NL

1 Like

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
Well, I am the Lord and Master of this thread, nothing anyone can do about it. I created the competition, and I will run it as I deem fit.
If anyone does not like this, well, they can always unsubscribe from the thread, or even cancel their nairaland account, i really dont care.

1 Like

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
ThePENGENIUS:
I'm not here to banter words with anybody. But THIS IS MEDIOCRE IN ALL ITS ENTIRETY!! Somebody spoke of "making the desk lively". Bullshit!!

Hey young man, last time I checked, NL wasn't built for coding...SO is a "language-independent collaboratively edited question and answer site for programmers", TBH, you're the kid for not even knowing the differences between the former and the latter. Keep looking for badges and try offering bounties on NL nah.

Plus, who told you some of us don't contribute creatively on websites like Stack Overflow and Quora? While I'm always busy with work, I still find little time to contribute on [url=stackoverflow.com/users/6008053/danielthegeek]Stack Overflow[/url] and Quora
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
^^^You should not bother answer that i.diot, to be honest, you are wasting your time. Focus your energy on this thread, and you can PM me ideas of how you feel we can do the elimination process to screen out TROLLS and people like ladyF.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^You should not bother answer that i.diot, to be honest, you are wasting your time. Focus your energy on this thread, and you can PM me ideas of how you feel we can do the elimination process to screen out TROLLS and people like ladyF.
Even the bible says in Proverbs 26:5:
Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.

I needed to make things clear to him.
Will PM you soon.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Emmach10(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by spikesC(m): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
mokoshalb:
You know what..? You said the bitter truth, every single letter of your statement makes a handful sense... But thanks to google I have found some other forums that programmers don't hassle for craps, foreign forums to be precise... infact the whole of NL is gradually becoming a troll...
smh

I think the joke is that you were on this forum for programming knowledge. The place don die since na. Who doesn't know that grin
Dhtml is trying to revive it as it was a couple of years back but, oh well cool
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by spikesC(m): 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Hey young man, last time I checked, NL wasn't built for coding...SO is a "language-independent collaboratively edited question and answer site for programmers", TBH, you're the kid for not even knowing the differences between the former and the latter. Keep looking for badges and try offering bounties on NL nah.

Plus, who told you some of us don't contribute creatively on websites like Stack Overflow and Quora? While I'm always busy with work, I still find little time to contribute on [url=stackoverflow.com/users/6008053/danielthegeek]Stack Overflow[/url] and Quora

Seriously you had time to post links for him?
In as much as his opinion is quite valid, he doesn't know anyone here to warrant him uttering those words.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
spikesC:

I think the joke is that you were on this forum for programming knowledge. The place don die since na. Who doesn't know that grin
Dhtml is trying to revive it as it was a couple of years back but, oh well cool
Thank you jare, I have been waiting for you to grace this thread. There was a thread like we did so many years back, thread is lost even.
I think you guys should partner with me on this thread so that we can make this stuff a success - never mind the fake trolls.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by FrankLampard: 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hey!! We don't have the right to call someone a fool here.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by 2mNaira: 6:37am On Oct 05, 2016
In my own opinion,this thread should have been titled , The most popular programmer on Nairaland.Whether that title is adopted or not, it is the most popular programmer it will end up discovering.

I know that the owner of the thread advised people who have issues with the thread to create their own thread instead of complaining.

Well, I do not have issues with the thread or its objective. Of course every one knows it will not discover the best programmer but only the most popular. Everyone is participating just for the fun.As stated by the creator, the primary objective of the thread is to create fun and if you ask me, then I'll tell you that it is succeeding at its aim.

I really do believe that, this thread would have generated no controversy if it has used a more suitable title.

Funny enough, I almost heeded the creator's advice by creating another thread with the same title that seeks to find the best programmer via programming prowess,but refrained from so doing so it wont appear that I did it out of spite.

While I am all out for creating threads for the purpose of fun, I think suitability of title should not be sacrificed for fun.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by directonpc(m): 7:04am On Oct 05, 2016
Nairaland is the biggest crap I have seen. The person delete my post that comply with the rules for personal reasons should continue.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 05, 2016
mnairaland:
In my own opinion,this thread should have been titled , The most popular programmer on Nairaland.Whether that title is adopted or not, it is the most popular programmer it will end up discovering.

I know that the owner of the thread advised people who have issues with the thread to create their own thread instead of complaining.

Well, I do not have issues with the thread or its objective. Of course every one knows it will not discover the best programmer but only the most popular. Everyone is participating just for the fun.As stated by the creator, the primary objective of the thread is to create fun and if you ask me, then I'll tell you that it is succeeding at its aim.

I really do believe that, this thread would have generated no controversy if it has used a more suitable title.

Funny enough, I almost heeded the creator's advice by creating another thread with the same title that seeks to find the best programmer via programming prowess,but refrained from so doing so it wont appear that I did it out of spite.

While I am all out for creating threads for the purpose of fun, I think suitability of title should not be sacrificed for fun.

You have made very excellent points, and I completely agree with you.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 05, 2016
FrankLampard:
Hey!! We don't have the right to call someone a fool here.
Let us call a spade a spade. . . .

directonpc:
Nairaland is the biggest crap I have seen. The person delete my post that comply with the rules for personal reasons should continue.
But why? who did such a terrible thing?
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by seunthomas: 7:25am On Oct 05, 2016
directonpc:

Thats the challenge of a human curated system. Fairplay no dey na. angry

1 Like

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 05, 2016
seunthomas:

Thats the challenge of a human curated system. Fairplay no dey na. angry
You spoke sense man, even the bot is high on cheap drugs.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by directonpc(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

You spoke sense man, even the bot is high on cheap drugs.
That bot is beginning to cause more harm than good... If nairaland should ever grow into a real social network that bot will put friction to that growth. Imagine a situation where by I get ban for embedding an image for postimg . org, one of the top image hosting site for forums.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by saywhaat: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2016
ThePENGENIUS:

Exactly!!!

Sorry to say, these guys are kids bro. Everyone of them. Dhtml18 and co. This is highly immature. This describes the state of Nigerian software developers. A bunch of people who run after ranks rather than productivity. Build something!! Build something!!! Stop all this bullshit. Spend your time on more productive activities.

If you must do this, at least let it be on a bounty. Create a project and let other programmers have a go at fleshing it out. Implement features. Fish out bugs. And score points! Not this cheap, local stunts you are all pulling here.

This is embarrasing. An outright shame to software development. Mature minds would never engage in this. Since when did programming become a peagentry??!!! WTF!! Dhtml18 I used to respect you until I realized perhaps you were really less than what you try to make us believe. Hiding your immaturity under the cloak of "trolling".
Tell them. It's 2016, you guys should sit up instead patting yourselves on the back over mediocrity. I don't think I felt any impact from here besides nairaland, voguepay, the movie app. It's 2016. Quit trying to feel important, retreat and do something . Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by sisqology(m): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by 2Pr3cise(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2016
ThePENGENIUS:

Have you not realized that Nairaland is more than just a Nigerian forum? It has gradually risen to become one of the many faces of the Nigerian digital life. What picture would threads like this paint of us before International viewers?

It is folks like this that would prefer to tout themselves as high-ranking on internet boards that would run away from real word collaborations when the chips are down! Because they realize that they are inadequate.

Have you heard of Jon Skeet? One of the most popular guys on S.O (Stackoverflow). The guy is regarded as a god. Not because of some stupid "ranking", but because of his activity in solving problems in Stackoverflow.

Any developer who's worth his salt will not come and settle for this joke. Go out there guys. Solve problems. Earn badges. Build stuff. Enhance your portfolio. You will be better respected and noticed.

No offense to anybody. But enough is enough with mediocrity!!!
Word
I've been watching the so called dhtml, he's proven so many times to be an attention wh0re and a joke. He's anything but a programmer to me.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 12, 2016
2Pr3cise:

Word
I've been watching the so called dhtml, he's proven so many times to be an attention wh0re and a joke. He's anything but a programmer to me.
Guys here, here. This is obviously one of my enemies on programming board. the motherfvcker actually registered a new profile today just to TROLL on me.
Well, be my guest, but the truth is - you are faceless COWARD who cannot use his/her real account to face me. I have actually narrowed down your identity to ONE SINGLE ENTITY. But well, since I don't have proof, I will hold my peace.

#BUSTED
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by 2Pr3cise(m): 9:36am On Oct 12, 2016
dhtml18:

Guys here, here. This is obviously one of my enemies on programming board. the motherfvcker actually registered a new profile today just to TROLL on me.
Well, be my guest, but the truth is - you are faceless COWARD who cannot use his/her real account to face me. I have actually narrowed down your identity to ONE SINGLE ENTITY. But well, since I don't have proof, I will hold my peace.

#BUSTED
lol chillax man.. I was just being sarcastic, you should tone down on your online behavior, it's actually shedding a dark light on you.

1 Like

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by seunthomas: 9:45am On Oct 12, 2016
2Pr3cise:

lol chillax man.. I was just being sarcastic, you should tone down on your online behavior, it's actually shedding a dark light on you.
He is already dark no amount of toning can turn him to MJ. But he deserves the slap you just gave him. LOL.
grin

1 Like

Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 12, 2016
2Pr3cise:

E be like say i don discipline you before, so you are now begging for mercy eh? but since you are using a TROLL account, I cannot really listen to you.
This is nairaland, people get e-killed everyday, even real-life celebrities. even me sef have gotten e-killed on nairaland a lot of times.
Re: The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition by 2Pr3cise(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2016
dhtml18:

E be like say i don discipline you before, so you are now begging for mercy eh? but since you are using a TROLL account, I cannot really listen to you.
This is nairaland, people get e-killed everyday, even real-life celebrities. even me sef have gotten e-killed on nairaland a lot of times.
This is a real account.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are There Any Christian Coders/programmers? / Download All Phone Number Generator, Imei Tweaking And Bb Imei Gen. For Pc / The Story Behind Openvr, The Voters Registration Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.