Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Churches And Noise Pollution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches And Noise Pollution (1562 Views)

Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues / What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? / Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches And Noise Pollution by newbornmacho(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2016
It's becoming rather embarrassing , the type of inconvenience some of our brethren cause others in their " Zeal??" . how do you explain a church , a small church, sited in a residential neighborhood setting up big loudspeakers and constantly blaring out multiplied mega decibels of unwanted noise I'll love to hear someone try and justify this because...I just can't. I can think of several reasons for this and not one of them is scriptural. It is morally, socially, health Wise, and otherwise wrong . people come back from work stressed needing some rest and they can't because you are literally shouting at the entire neighborhood. Many times its nonsense that these loudspeakers are spewing out. Yes...nonsense: some prayer leader is speaking in tongues that pass zero message across ( pray how can uninterpreted tongues edify the hearer? ), or a song leader leading 7 people in praise with a loudspeaker Its our job as Christians to call ourselves to order...to judge ourselves. The bible says if we would judge ourselves we would not be judged...I cor 11.31. What if we don't judge ourselves, who could he send to judge us I don't even want to guess. You are praying for peoples health and all the while increasing their stress load and blood pressure The Muslims do it too? ...yea well we've been condemning and continue to condemn them; by the way it doesn't make it right. Lest anyone be in doubt, I am as Christian as they come (!! ) and I serve the lord Christ, but I wouldn't hesitate to support a sanction for this indiscipline. Let's be an example in word and in deed, and let's follow Jesus who went to a solitary place to pray ...Mark 1.35. He didn't disturb people. Shalom!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by brandonobi(m): 8:21am On Sep 21, 2016
theres a tiny new church beside my house wit not more than 20 members, u need to have seen how they comfortably carried 4 mighty speakers into d church for their night vigil, not exactly surprised seeing as we have billionaire pastors nowadays, everyone wants to have a church den turn on speakers to attract attention.
3 pastors are supposedly speaking in tongues(feeling the Holy Spirit) yet they dont understand wat dey r blabbing individually, yet u wil c people shouting JESUS.
God is watching.
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by JSoE(f): 10:05am On Sep 21, 2016
Don't mind the id..iots.

When I say I'm gradually losing my hearing, 4evergod and his minions will come here and attack me for attacking the godworshippers that keep on aggravating my ear problem.

All noisemakers like their deity and like their deity, they can't do nada.
Absolutely nothing. Not even voluntary community service.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2016
Not only noise sef,here in asaba you will literally see one or more churches in every street you enter ,one church in my street just blocked half the road with sand (maka why biko), it was very annoying, in some places ,someone would have sued the church to court for road obstruction and the church is scripture Union, I hate all this rubbish ehh,and its all a scam sef, pastors eating peoples money

3 Likes

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by frubben(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2016
You just spoke the complete truth. Church and noise ehhh are like bread and butter. Jobless people
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by frubben(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2016
You just spoke the complete truth. Church and noise ehhh are like bread and butter. Jobless people
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2016
I think the people who make all these complaints about churches and their noise exaggerate the matter a bit. There is a church beside my house that ''make noise'' frequently; up to three times weekly and a mosque that does its own five times daily. I have adapted to these different sources of ''disturbance'' and I also believe everyone else has. The mosques have even turned to an alarm for some other people with their early morning call to prayer so I don't really understand the level of antagonism that I see all the time on the internet. I am not supporting public disturbance in any way but it is what it is...

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by hahn(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2016
Muslims and Christians pray to a deaf god.

They have to shout at the top of their voices before their prayers can be heard.

Unfortunately, God's inability to hear is also overwhelmed by it's incompetence.

Even if you like, shout from now till next year, God will still not answer your prayers.

That is why many people repeat their prayers every Sunday and attend crusades and conventions every year and even when there is no tabgible result, they still continue praying to their deaf god undecided

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by raphieMontella: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2016
Buharimustdie20:
Not only noise sef,here in asaba you will literally see one or more churches in every street you enter ,one church in my street just blocked half the road with sand (maka why biko), it was very annoying, in some places ,someone would have sued the church to court for road obstruction and the church is scripture Union, I hate all this rubbish ehh,and its all a scam sef, pastors eating peoples money
God The tooth fairy bless you for this comment...
Someone else in asaba just confirmed my sayings...
In the street off ''konwea plaza'' where i live... About 9 churches or more jampacked themselves into one small street...
Asaba is just basically ''church''..
Thats how a church wanted to convert a football field where ''G-boys and Men'' do train on saturdays..
As for the mosques...thank heavens..its just one in this town..if not...

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by newbornmacho(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I think the people who make all these complaints about churches and their noise exaggerate the matter a bit. There is a church beside my house that ''make noise'' frequently; up to three times weekly and a mosque that does its own five times daily. I have adapted to these different sources of ''disturbance'' and I also believe everyone else has. The mosques have even turned to an alarm for some other people with their early morning call to prayer so I don't really understand the level of antagonism that I see all the time on the internet. I am not supporting public disturbance in any way but it is what it is...
It is what it is until you push people to the wall and they react in unsavory ways and then we blame it on persecution?? Please let's do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2016
newbornmacho:

It is what it is until you push people to the wall and they react in unsavory ways and then we blame it on persecution?? Please let's do the right thing.
What does ''unsavoury'' mean?
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by newbornmacho(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What does ''unsavoury'' mean?
Well there are as many meanings as there are people who are just about fed up. It could mean burning the church down if you are talking about miscreants, or if the matter persists government could step in and wield the big stick... I hope our brethren don't shout persecution then.
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
newbornmacho:

Well there are as many meanings as there are people who are just about fed up. It could mean burning the church down if you are talking about miscreants, or if the matter persists government could step in and wield the big stick... I hope our brethren don't shout persecution then.
Abegi. There are many problems in this country. Church noise is not one of them!

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by joseph1832(m): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
JSoE:
Don't mind the id..iots.

When I say I'm gradually losing my hearing, 4evergod and his minions will come here and attack me for attacking the godworshippers that keep on aggravating my ear problem.

All noisemakers like their deity and like their deity, they can't do nada.
Absolutely nothing. Not even voluntary community service.
The funniest thing is this set of religiously drunk opiumize people are so full of sh1t!.

The stand their ground and defend their noise pollution and believe it right, while at the same time, they castigate brothel and bar owners for doing the same thing they do.

To think we've not started building rehabs for this people still beat my imagination.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by JSoE(f): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Lol.
Maybe we'd relocate all the churches in my street to the front of your house.

That way, you'll get all the free alarms you want since you obviously do not have a device that will do the alarming for you without disturbing others.

Not all of us can get used to all that racket.
No!

I grew up in a very quiet place but unfortunately, I had to move to this place where I have a church both in front and at the back of my house.

They came after I've moved to the new house.
That's when my hearing lose began. Yes, when they arrived.

Plus I don't like the free alarms.
I don't have a problem with the preachings and the never answered babbles y'all call prayers.
My only problem is when they mount ten speakers in a small building with no more than five persons and be screaming inside my ears like I am the deaf god that has refused to answer their prayers.

When we bring up arguments on religion now, christains will come here and tell us that christainity ain't no religion but a lifestyle. From what I know, we shouldn't force our lifestyles on people.

Some people go to clubs on Friday/Saturday nights. That's part of their lifestyle. Last I remembered, they do not mount huge noisy speakers in front of my house on Friday nights to invite me over to the clubs.

So, why can't christains take a cue from the nightclub goers and start keeping their lifestyle private?

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 3:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
JSoE:

Lol.
Maybe we'd relocate all the churches in my street to the front of your house.

That way, you'll get all the free alarms you want since you obviously do not have a device that will do the alarming for you without disturbing others.

Not all of us can get used to all that racket.
No!

I grew up in a very quiet place but unfortunately, I had to move to this place where I have a church both in front and at the back of my house.

They came after I've moved to the new house.
That's when my hearing lose began. Yes, when they arrived.

Plus I don't like the free alarms.
I don't have a problem with the preachings and the never answered babbles y'all call prayers.
My only problem is when they mount ten speakers in a small building with no more than five persons and be screaming inside my ears like I am the deaf god that has refused to answer their prayers.

When we bring up arguments on religion now, christains will come here and tell us that christainity ain't no religion but a lifestyle. From what I know, we shouldn't force our lifestyles on people.

Some people go to clubs on Friday/Saturday nights. That's part of their lifestyle. Last I remembered, they do not mount huge noisy speakers in front of my house on Friday nights to invite me over to the clubs.

So, why can't christains take a cue from the nightclub goers and start keeping their lifestyle private?
Do you use earphones? Do you listen to any form of loud music? Do you mean to tell me that the only time you encounter noise is when the churches are holding services? Are you seriously trying to tell me that your loss of hearing is as a result of the churches in your street that hold services at most three times weekly for a maximum of four to six hours? And it's not like they make the noise all through the duration of the service...Look lady, if you are having hearing loss you should see a doctor instead of looking for an institution to blame, even people in places where there are no sources of ''noise'' develop hearing problems. I usually disagree with religious people who say people become atheist or agnostic because they are angry at something but in your case I am tempted to agree.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by JSoE(f): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Do you use earphones? Do you listen to any form of loud music? Do you mean to tell me that the only time you encounter noise is when the churches are holding services? Are you seriously trying to tell me that your loss of hearing is as a result of the churches in your street that hold services at most three times weekly for a maximum of four to six hours? And it's not like they make the noise all through the duration of the service...Look lady, if you are having hearing loss you should see a doctor instead of looking for an institution to blame, even people in places where there are no sources of ''noise'' develop hearing problems. I usually disagree with religious people who say people become atheist or agnostic because they are angry at something but in your case I am tempted to agree.

I have seen a doctor.
He was the one who drew my attention to it after I answered calls severely with my phone set to speaker in his presence.

He had to ask if I stay in a noisy environment.

I've never been a fan of music. If I should listen, it must be a soft R&B so I could think straight.

You think I'd intentionally make myself deaf and blame someone else like the christains blame the devil for their negative actions?
No, I'm better than that.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by adjoviomole(m): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
No church should disturb the peace of the neighborhood with der speakers. The speakers should be placed inside th church's compound if its big n inside the church auditorium itself. It is not a good thing to disturb others peace. May God bless you all.
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
JSoE:

I have seen a doctor.
He was the one who drew my attention to it after I answered calls severely with my phone set to speaker in his presence.

He had to ask if I stay in a noisy environment.

I've never been a fan of music. If I should listen, it must be a soft R&B so I could think straight.

You think I'd intentionally make myself deaf and blame someone else like the christains blame the devil for their negative actions?
No, I'm better than that.
Not intentionally. And you still could not resist taking another dig at Christians. Are you saying that the doctor's diagnosis was 'church noise'?
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by JSoE(f): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Not intentionally. And you still could not resist taking another dig at Christians. Are you saying that the doctor's diagnosis was 'church noise'?

Yea, of course.
What is the point of getting the treatment if I'd still go back to the source of the noise?

I go for check up every two weeks but its still the same. Medications upon medications.

Anyway, I'd soon move out.
Looking for a cool place where I'd be sure no noisy bunch would storm again.
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
JSoE:

Yea, of course.
What is the point of getting the treatment if I'd still go back to the source of the noise?

I go for check up every two weeks but its still the same. Medications upon medications.

Anyway, I'd soon move out.
Looking for a cool place where I'd be sure no noisy bunch would storm again.
Hahahahaha. Tell me with a ''straight face'' that the doctors said that ''church noise was responsible for your condition''.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by sonofluc1fer: 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
There is a church beside my house that ''make noise'' frequently; up to three times weekly and a mosque that does its own five times daily. I have adapted to these different sources of ''disturbance'' and I also believe everyone else has.
Please post your address. We can tell all the other churches to relocate to your area.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Please post your address. We can tell all the other churches to relocate to your area.
Lol. You self get ear problem?
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by JSoE(f): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Hahahahaha. Tell me with a ''straight face'' that the doctors said that ''church noise was responsible for your condition''.

Lol.
Ranchhoddas Shamaldas Chanchad, I've told you what the doctor said.

You could believe me if you want to.
Anyway, why are you even on the defensive?
Are you a christain?
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by newbornmacho(m): 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You tell me with a straight face that noise from churches is less harmful than that from elsewhere. Fact is many churches are constituting a health hazard by being very inconsiderate in their use of public space. Christianity is not to blame,...FALSE CHRISTIANITY is to blame.
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by sonofluc1fer: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Lol. You self get ear problem?
Prevention is better than cure. Good luck with your 'adaptation' skills. Wonder why you choose to tolerate bullshit rather than confront it.
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
newbornmacho:

You tell me with a straight face that noise from churches is less harmful than that from elsewhere. Fact is many churches are constituting a health hazard by being very inconsiderate in their use of public space. Christianity is not to blame,...FALSE CHRISTIANITY is to blame.
Church noise is not more harmful than any other kind of noise. There are hundreds if not thousands of people INSIDE these churches weekly and none of them complain of deafness. People go to clubs, parties and bars where really loud music is played, but somehow the noise from churches that are usually at least a few metres from their houses is the cause of their deafness. It's not about fighting the noise, it's about attacking religion.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2016
JSoE:

Lol.
Ranchhoddas Shamaldas Chanchad, I've told you what the doctor said.

You could believe me if you want to.
Anyway, why are you even on the defensive?
Are you a christain?
I do not have a religious affiliation at this point. We have to see that doctor's report. We'll have his licence revoked.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by sonofluc1fer: 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I do not have a religious affiliation at this point. We have to see that doctor's report. We'll have his licence revoked.
I'll assume you haven't spent at least a month in a quiet residential area. Only then you'd realize the harm you're managing. You can't just permit any and everything slide under the guise of religion. This 'na ur business, how e take affect u' mentality isn't really helpful.
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by Ranchhoddas: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

I'll assume you haven't spent at least a month in a quiet residential area. Only then you'd realize the harm you're managing. You can't let anything slide under the guise of religion. This 'na ur business, how e take affect u' mentality isn't really helpful.
But there are other sources of noise right? Is there something special about church noise?
Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by sonofluc1fer: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
But there are other sources of noise right? Is there something special about church noise?
I'm really not bothered if the source of disturbance in my neighborhood happens to be a church, mosque or club. Unlike you, I don't know how to manage 'noise' and 'disturbance'. The church on our street installed some sound insulation material and also removed the speakers they placed outside the church. Now, there's peace and quiet, and they can still worship their God without disturbing others. That's rationality, that's intelligence, that should be commended. Not advicing people to manage/tolerate nonsense because you can, or attempting to raise suspicions as to my real motive.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Noise Pollution by newbornmacho(m): 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

I'm really not bothered if the source of disturbance in my neighborhood happens to be a church, mosque or club. Unlike you, I don't know how to manage 'noise' and 'disturbance'. The church on our street installed some sound insulation material and also removed the speakers they placed outside the church. Now, there's peace and quiet, and they can still worship their God without disturbing others. That's rationality, that's intelligence, that should be commended. Not advicing people to manage/tolerate nonsense because you, or attempting to raise suspicions as to my real motive.
Nice move by that church on your street. Such should be emulated.

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? / Courage From Their Cowardice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.