Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation (15423 Views)

Senator George Sekibo Blows A Whistle At Plenary Session Over Ikoyi Billions / Jibrin Fails To Appear At Ethics Committee Hearing Of Budget Padding Allegation / Benue House Of Assembly Ends In A Rowdy Session Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
[size=13pt]The house of representatives on Wednesday went into a rowdy session after Yakubu Dogara, the speaker, recognised Emmanuel Oker-Jev, chairman rules and business, to move a motion just as another member Aliyu Madaki was putting up his hand to be recognised.[/size]

The speaker recognised Oker-Jev, who moved his motion in the midst of heavy noise on the collective breach of members due to the budget padding allegations raised by Abdulmumin Jibrin, former chairman of the committee on appropriations.

He said the house had come under heavy attack by the allegations.

At that point, Jibrin was observed to be walking around the chamber under the close watch of the sergeant-at-arms.

The motion was however passed and referred to the ethics and privileges committee, which would look into the matter.

At this point, members began shouting “Dogara, Dogara.”

When Madaki was recognised to speak, he was barely heard, as scores of lawmakers were screaming all at the same time.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-reps-in-rowdy-session%e2%80%8e-over-budget-padding-allegations

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
We need to start getting serious in this country especially the youth. Ever since this budget padding allegations, we are yet to see any investigation or still court summons. Warris dis!! Jibrin should step down as well as Dogara. This is 2016..it's high time these polithiefians realise with modern tech it's no longer business as usual..I hope someday this generation will realise what's going on and really start lynching these people

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by jodavid(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
I'm coming closer to ftc..

Today's Fun Fact:
Do you know that when this guy above me was born,, he didn't know he would edge me to ftc

About the topic sef,, na today? Almost every house of rep session is an opportunity to practice boxing skills..,so until we get better representatives we might as well get used to their rowdy sessions.

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Hadeyeancah(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
This people shaa

4 Likes

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by misscall247: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
who Remi and Dino are not sitin close to each other?
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Thisis2raw(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
No time this reps are not displaying tantrums attitude

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Dapsynzeal(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nigeria my country where we celebrate thieves and castigate the good ones

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
It is all about their pockets. Law making is the only job that requires very little effort but pays so much wage.

4 Likes

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by specialmati(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
ok
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
CHANGE INDEED.

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Flexherbal(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
It has always been about their pockets.

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by mezynaija(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
We’ll Ensure Nigeria Does Not Depend On Oil Again – Buhari

http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/09/well-ensure-nigeria-does-not-depend-on.html
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by richidinho(m): 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
Mttcheew... Thieves

We only need 37 senators as our legislators , one from each states and also the job must be made to be part time
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by JoanJohnson(f): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
They are always disorganized. God please help our leaders to lead and make right decisions.
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Firefire(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
Criminals...

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Saintbonnie(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
These are the people on whom we need to dish out jungle justice not those stealing to survive.

2 Likes

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by tdbankplc: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
And they say change with common man or me

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Vicadonis(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
They should just go back to their recess. We had peace without them. Bunch of clowns

4 Likes

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Icecomrade: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
Do we need bi-cameral legislative house in this country?

See the number of people idling away and feeding on our scare resources. This is what goes through my mind when I watch House of Rep session on TV.

Do we need these people? I ve had so much debate with my colleagues in the office over this issue.

Click Like if you feel we need to scrap house of Rep. Click share if you feel they are relevant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by veacea: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
National assembly and fight be like

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by digoster(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
misscall247:
who Remi and Dino are not sitin close to each other?
at the house of reps?

4 Likes

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by hazyfm1: 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
grin grin grin grin

I think its time to trash this House of Reps of a thing, who are they representing?
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Greataausim(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Really.... Nigeria is in a mess, if things continues this ways. Budget padding saga again? They wil never think how this great country will move forwards, may God and his mercyful angels purnish anybody who is against this country nigeria with various degree of sickness (Amen)....
God save us

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Vicadonis(m): 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dapsynzeal:
Nigeria my country where we celebrate thieves and castigate the good ones

abi o.
We castigate the good and praise the bad. Yet we want change
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by emmasege: 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
Let the change begin with APC-led Executive and APC-led Legislature, and then the dullard.inho can expect that the change will begin with me.

By the way, It's not only budget padding that was discovered during their recess, our president's speech was also padded with Obama's words. Bubu should be asked to apologize to us as well, or we even suspend him like NASS may contemplate for Dogara/Jubrin. If Professors and academics lose their jobs because of plagiarism, our president deserves his own share of punishment for intellectual theft. In a sane country where legislators know why they are in the hallowed chambers, they would be demanding an explanation/apology to the nation from their president, immediately they resumed from recess.

If Bubu will not be sanctioned on account of his plagiarism, then all Nigerian academics who have been sacked on account of plagiarism should be recalled, and none should be sanctioned any longer.

If Intellectual theft is not stealing or corruption and Bubu does not deem it fit to do the needful, then he has no moral ground to tell me that 'change begins with me'.

1 Like

Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by 1shortblackboy: 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Vicadonis:
They should just go back to their recess. We had peace without them. Bunch of clowns
abi o who dem epp sef
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by vickylincon(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Wao. When efcc intervene, I hope some people won't come here blaming buhari that this is internal affair just as they accused him when efcc intervened in senate issue.. We are all watching
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by cruz419(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
Look at them and u will think that there is one saint among them ,,i keep saying it politician in Nigeria are all d same thiefs!!!
Re: Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
Propaganda is the best tool by politicians, the main issue on ground is recession. Don't get distracted by their fight. None of em is feeling the effect of recession.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo Flags Off School Feeding Programme In Ekiti (Photos) / Quit Comparing Nigeria To Ghana, Rivers State Alone Is Richer Then Ghana Lol. / Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.