Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! (12592 Views)

Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by dubbiskelly(m): 10:29am On Sep 24, 2016
The best thing that has happened to me so far in life was the day I decided to quit philosophy in the university for a school of nursing. Actually what intrigued me was the ratio of males to females., hehehehehehe, even before I start I don allocate like 50 to myself. Well studying nursing paid and I'm forever grateful to God.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2016
Zico5:
Nursing is a good career but I guess many are not aware of its importance in some foreign countries like US and UK. Nurses can work directly in these countries unlike medic and dentists that need to undergo training for few months before being qualified to work.
in Uk, nursing is for UK or EU citizens alone, not for international students sadly cry....but U.S and Canada are top notch cool

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by timagentms: 11:07am On Sep 24, 2016
donklef:
Nursing have always been a good job....looking for a nurse to marry.

so you too like nurse, hnmmm who no like better thing.
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by AGgal(f): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2016
Turks:
Nigerian nurses and abandoning their patients to watch the latest episode on Telemundo grin

Anyone who does that is not a nurse. Studying nursing and getting a nurse job only does not make one a nurse

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by AGgal(f): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2016
ndcide:
are we not laundering this nurse thing too much? "nurses are great people"

Make i hear word!!!. I've seen accountants who are spendthrift. I've seen children of teachers who are terrible. I've seen nurses who are unloving, wicked and careless.

I;ve known a lot to understand that people are not their profession.

No we're not. There are unloving, wicked and careless people everywhere. Few wicked people in the profession can never change the fact that nurses are great people.

Not everyone can go through what nurses go through in the course of carrying out their duties.

We are great people

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by born2lead01: 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2016
@nairalanddotorg, thanks for this.
@Luckymay, you need to first register as a nurse with the Nursing board of the state you want to migrate to. Most states require cgfns certification or evaluation program. You can go through the travel section on Nursesarena.com through this link HERE where you will see how to travel to other countries as a nurse. For step by step guide on CGFNS registration follow this post by another nurse Click Here. You can equally follow all the updates on Nursesarena.com Facebook page HERE

Nice advice @Chocho4real and @Alajiki
@Marvyx it's never too late just like @Joygalore said,in countries such as USA, many are entering nursing even at the age of 40

Greetings to the nurses in the house
sarhmuhel
OluwaDavidow1
nairaarea
jennyebi
dubbiskelly
AGgal

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Luckymay(f): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
aieo:
nope, just wanna see how i can help
Oh! OK, so help
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by ndcide(m): 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
AGgal:

No we're not. There are unloving, wicked and careless people everywhere. Few wicked people in the profession can never change the fact that nurses are great people.

Not everyone can go through what nurses go through in the course of carrying out their duties.

We are great people

Help me love nurses. . Please tell me what they go through.

Maybe I have a wrong perception of nurses due to... Maybe I've met a lot of ruthless nurses. Or at best they are just like everyone else. I don't know why I get offensive when people try to embellish the images nurses.
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
Op, there is absolutely nothing like online Nursing program, the last I heard, Nursing is more of practical than theory so who will be there to teach, guide, monitor and score the practical aspect of learning, I have a friend who wanted to register for online Nursing program but I discouraged her and now she is in the 200L, Nursing department in Nigeria so why the rush to go outside the country and do unaccredited online Nursing only for you to be jailed by Nursing and Midwifery council of Nigeria as a quack, please we all should be careful and try to get as much information as possible for any career we wish to specialize in
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by chijioke17(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
Turks:
Nigerian nurses and abandoning their patients to watch the latest episode on Telemundo grin
bro, that's a big lie. I'm a nurse and I don't even have time to watch TV while on duty. any nurse who does that is highly unprofessional and I think this is the first time I'm hearing this

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by chijioke17(m): 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
Diamondamsel:
great nurses!!!!! proud to be one
same here my sister o. I think it's more fun for male nurses than female nurses
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Turks: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2016
It's not the first time most of us are hearing or seeing this.
chijioke17:

, that's a big lie. I'm a nurse and I don't even have time to watch TV while on duty. any nurse who does that is highly unprofessional and I think this is the first time I'm hearing this
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by nairaarea: 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
happydavies:
c as una dey abuse uniform wit coloured shoes n unpacked hair!

Matron..is it only negativity you see?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Diamondamsel(f): 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2016
chijioke17:
lol, that's base on interest, like those that find themselves there and those that went there themselves ...... u gat what I mean?
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Diamondamsel(f): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
ikevin:
I understand your point though.....yet don't generalize uhnmm. With all of these issues in our system, our health system is not the crown jewel in Africa. Improved unity is needed.
exactly, improved unity is needed, no need feeling superior or inferior. our elders aren't helping, feeding people's ego, and teaching some never to bow
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by aieo(m): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
chijioke17:
i know u, in my department, nice to see you are representing
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by aieo(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
Luckymay:

Oh! OK, so help

lol

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Lumie08(f): 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
kretoz:
Op, there is absolutely nothing like online Nursing program, the last I heard, Nursing is more of practical than theory so who will be there to teach, guide, monitor and score the practical aspect of learning, I have a friend who wanted to register for online Nursing program but I discouraged her and now she is in the 200L, Nursing department in Nigeria so why the rush to go outside the country and do unaccredited online Nursing only for you to be jailed by Nursing and Midwifery council of Nigeria as a quack, please we all should be careful and try to get as much information as possible for any career we wish to specialize in

there is something like online nursing program in OAU atleast but for RN holders and it is part time

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lumie08:

there is something like online nursing program in OAU atleast but for RN holders and it is part time

RN holders are also nurses and the last I checked the topic didn't focus on RN holders, it's aimed at deceiving the public that Nursing can be done by anyone online, plz read very well before replying or better still try and be specific about the topic cos there's no online Nursing for non RN holders, please be guided.
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by IDEALCASH(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
Surely, nur sing is lucrative but similarly lucrative is enviromental health technology. see its laudable career prospebcts here>> www.piousjobs..com
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by phillings247: 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
kretoz:
i tried gaining admission into so many schools of nursing in several states in nigeria but was fruastrated as i found out it was only meant for d high and mighty,that was over ten yrs ago,but currently how can one gain admission into nursing school,is there any age restriction
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by SmSolo: 4:29am On Sep 25, 2016
Vince77:
I think the best time to train as s programmer is also now

Why?
Re: Reasons Why The Best Time To Train As A Nurse Is Now! by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 25, 2016
phillings247:
i tried gaining admission into so many schools of nursing in several states in nigeria but was fruastrated as i found out it was only meant for d high and mighty,that was over ten yrs ago,but currently how can one gain admission into nursing school,is there any age restriction
I doubt the part where you said Nursing in Nigeria is for the high and mighty cos I'm sure Nursing in both University and SON is by merit, It depends on your ability to pass all the exams involved ranging from Jamb to hospital exam which is written 3months after admission cos if one fails the exam, he or she is disqualified despite the fact that the person has gotten admission. it is more common in SON ,Secondly it may also depends on the state or location involved but I'm sure Nursing Education in Nigeria is strictly by Merit and as for age restrictions ,I have not heard of such. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Working From Your Home Is The Best. / A Theory Of Value Vs. Need – The Need For Personal Development. / Lagos Workers Get 15% Salary Bonus For December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.