Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% (17857 Views)

Jumia Moves Farther From Profit, Posts USD 61 Million Loss In Six Months / Banking Sector Profit Falls By 28% – Report / Customs Blames CBN’s Policies As Revenue Falls By N230bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by dowjones(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2016
NgcoboP:
jumia must lose! I have ordered an item that is taking forever and untrackable... compared to konga who got my order to me which I placed after the jumia item... jumia is just too tacky

Konga too is experiencing losses. so...
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by otomatic(m): 7:56am On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:

Doltish trash.

But there is an even deeper reason for why Nigeria is experiencing this unprecedented economic recession and that is that even when President Buhari eventually came around to constituting his cabinet, he peopled it with individuals whose capacity to deliver the goods is at best suspect.

Let me elucidate this with a statement made by President Buhari’s minister of sports and broadcast on Channels television today Tuesday the 20th of September, 2016.Said Mr. Solomon Dalung, ‘the disabled athletes have shown that all you need is a winning mentality and not too much preparation.’

Can you imagine that coming from a minister and member of the federal executive council?

But why should we be surprised? Nigerians are witnesses to the utterances of the minister of information, the aptly named Lai Mohammed, who blamed any good thing that happened in Nigeria immediately after President Buhari’s inauguration not on any form of preparation but on the President’s ‘body language’.

Early rains fell in obeisance to the President’s body language. Barren women became fertile as a result of President Buhari’s miraculous powers of non verbal communication. All kinds of orishirishi were attributed to body language.

One wonders where the fabled ‘body language’ was when it came to fighting the recession.

The truth is that preparation, pure preparation (that word that Mr. Dalung and other operatives of this administration hate to hear) is the only thing that can increase the likelihood of success in any venture including governance. As it is commonly said ‘those who fail to plan, plan to fail’.

And the reason why Mr. Osinbajo and his co travelers will continue to shift blame from individual to individual is because they do not have the strength of character to accept responsibility for their actions.

At this juncture, it will be pertinent of me to remind Lai Mohammed of his words uttered on the 25th of May, 2014 when he said ‘a government that is unwilling to take any responsibility for anything, should not be counted upon.’ Right back at you Mr. Mohammed, right back at you!

President Buhari has to quickly learn that the more you blame others, the more power you surrender. The more you accept responsibility, the more power you take.

Early in 2015, Pastor Osinbajo called then President Jonathan’s administration a ‘visionless’ government. I would like to define the vision of change that Mr. Osinbajo and his boss promised us based on what we have seen so far.

Mr. Osinbajo’s vision for change is defined as a sports minister who believes athletes do not need training,a finance minister who thinks recession is just a word, a science and technology minister who aspires to produce pencils in two years,an information minister who wants to generate jobs via masquerade dressing, an interior minister who uses his security to publicly shine his shoes rather than secure the interior of his country, an agriculture minister who fights for land for cows instead of farmers, a labor minister who threatens banks with revocation of license when they retrench workers due to bad economy, a communications minister who wants us to pay 9% tax on calls, a transport minister who gives one President credit for a railway built by another President, an economic adviser who wants women to donate their jewelry to help government fight recession and a Presidential spokesman who believes critics are ‘wailers’ all led by a President who believes#ChangeBeginsWithMe not him, though he was the one who promised it!

APT!
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by refreshrate: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2016
@UNCLE_AJALA: Guinness Nigeria posts first loss in 30 years Under Buhari,The First time They were at Loss was also Under Buhari 30 Years Ago.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by SycophanticGoat: 8:02am On Sep 23, 2016
fados4sure:
Change has finally come

PDP was a fraud why APC is a scam

Point of correction, PDP was a fraud while APC is the biggest (mega) scam the world has ever seen...

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Orikinla(m): 8:07am On Sep 23, 2016
Jumia cannot be the Amazon of Africa.
eCommerce is more than just buying and selling online.
Jumia has poor PR and poor CSR.
I can actually help Jumia to boost revenue.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by helovesme(f): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2016
la1:

correction @ Bolded ; JUMIA has never made a profit since inception in Nigeria, plus the article reflects a Pan African report of the parent company's financial position

Thank you !

People that do not understand the jumia story are the ones shouting Buhari.

Jumia's problem is multifold. I will give you a classic example of a problem facing the company.

What do you do in cases where your Nigerian employees are constantly stealing from you?

A vehicle with a large number of brand new teckno phones goes missing - thanks to its driver.

iPhone 6s and other pricey items constantly going missing.

Their employees are always up to one trick or another.

A customer has a change in mind and returns a brand new 65 inches Samsung tv he recently purchased. A Jumia employee destroys the package intentionally, so that the tv can be sold at the discounted rate to a member of staff/publicly and then that member of staff specifically targets the tv for purchase.

Do note that the company bears the cost/financial burden of all these missing/stolen/damaged items.

What about their high rate of returns and customer dissatisfaction?

What about their relationship with their suppliers?

I can go on and on. Nigeria is a TOUGH place to do business and the good thing is that Jumia is backed by foreign investors but they need to tweak their current business model and change how they operate.

The company is barely c6 years in the Nigerian market, so by now, they should be close to breaking even/making a decent profit for its investors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:11am On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:

Doltish trash.

But there is an even deeper reason for why Nigeria is experiencing this unprecedented economic recession and that is that even when President Buhari eventually came around to constituting his cabinet, he peopled it with individuals whose capacity to deliver the goods is at best suspect.

Let me elucidate this with a statement made by President Buhari’s minister of sports and broadcast on Channels television today Tuesday the 20th of September, 2016.Said Mr. Solomon Dalung, ‘the disabled athletes have shown that all you need is a winning mentality and not too much preparation.’

Can you imagine that coming from a minister and member of the federal executive council?

But why should we be surprised? Nigerians are witnesses to the utterances of the minister of information, the aptly named Lai Mohammed, who blamed any good thing that happened in Nigeria immediately after President Buhari’s inauguration not on any form of preparation but on the President’s ‘body language’.

Early rains fell in obeisance to the President’s body language. Barren women became fertile as a result of President Buhari’s miraculous powers of non verbal communication. All kinds of orishirishi were attributed to body language.

One wonders where the fabled ‘body language’ was when it came to fighting the recession.

The truth is that preparation, pure preparation (that word that Mr. Dalung and other operatives of this administration hate to hear) is the only thing that can increase the likelihood of success in any venture including governance. As it is commonly said ‘those who fail to plan, plan to fail’.

And the reason why Mr. Osinbajo and his co travelers will continue to shift blame from individual to individual is because they do not have the strength of character to accept responsibility for their actions.

At this juncture, it will be pertinent of me to remind Lai Mohammed of his words uttered on the 25th of May, 2014 when he said ‘a government that is unwilling to take any responsibility for anything, should not be counted upon.’ Right back at you Mr. Mohammed, right back at you!

President Buhari has to quickly learn that the more you blame others, the more power you surrender. The more you accept responsibility, the more power you take.

Early in 2015, Pastor Osinbajo called then President Jonathan’s administration a ‘visionless’ government. I would like to define the vision of change that Mr. Osinbajo and his boss promised us based on what we have seen so far.

Mr. Osinbajo’s vision for change is defined as a sports minister who believes athletes do not need training,a finance minister who thinks recession is just a word, a science and technology minister who aspires to produce pencils in two years,an information minister who wants to generate jobs via masquerade dressing, an interior minister who uses his security to publicly shine his shoes rather than secure the interior of his country, an agriculture minister who fights for land for cows instead of farmers, a labor minister who threatens banks with revocation of license when they retrench workers due to bad economy, a communications minister who wants us to pay 9% tax on calls, a transport minister who gives one President credit for a railway built by another President, an economic adviser who wants women to donate their jewelry to help government fight recession and a Presidential spokesman who believes critics are ‘wailers’ all led by a President who believes#ChangeBeginsWithMe not him, though he was the one who promised it!
I duff for you baba.

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by helovesme(f): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2016
This is the group's consolidated account (the parent company and all its trading subsidiaries in different jurisdictions).

Can we please see Jumia Nigeria's annual account and see how they fared in the last financial year?

They've got some major investors though - MTN, Millicom, AXA, Orange Telecom, Tigo and Goldman Sachs. So with time, they should break even and begin to trade profitably.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by hUmaneOne: 8:21am On Sep 23, 2016
lyterydim:
Please am in south Africa and I haven't done the bank verification number ,I intend swifting money to the account...is there any disadvantaged
The disadvantage is you,not being able to withdraw your money.but it's safe in the bank.
You can always send money to it
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Orikinla(m): 8:21am On Sep 23, 2016
Jumia does not serve majority of Nigerians who can afford to shop online.
Jumia competes for the consumers in the middle class. And right now they are broke.
Jumia should look at Amazon's methods and strategies in the market place.
Jumia does not even know how to advertise to millions of the registered users.
Jumia cannot compete with the grey market.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by gab19: 8:24am On Sep 23, 2016
lyterydim:
Please am in south Africa and I haven't done the bank verification number ,I intend swifting money to the account...is there any disadvantaged
the disadvantage is u can only pay in but can't withdraw.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Ijaya123: 8:24am On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
gringrin Very silly, now I see that zombies brains are tacky. why do you think I projected that post? it was to accentuate the causes, not for the purpose of derailing. so you ought to have deduced that the 56% revenue fall of jumia, the usual fall of Guinness revenue, the 4.5m job loss, the contraction and so on are a result of the execrable policies of the certificateless cattle rearer gringringrin

I hope the goofy zombies see that grin

All thanks to the clueless drunkard who brought us here with no provision for the future, after his family and cronies looted the country dry. You're now shouting recession, you're on a long thing. Keep shouting zombies, something that does not exist.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by MadCow1: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2016
eleojo23:

Please just shut up.

Doing GEJ's time in office, it was OK to blame the president for everything that went wrong but now in Buhari's time, it is no longer OK to blame the president. Rather we should blame the past president. What nonsense!

That is hypocrisy at it's finest and it stinks!

The the main article kid..

Jumia may have still recorded a net loss but that article actually shows a gain because they reduced their initial loss by 19%.. grin

And those figures are for Africa not Nigeria. grin grin

Your hate for the President is beclouding whatever sensibilities you ever had.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by lyterydim(m): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2016
gab19:
the disadvantage is u can only pay in but can't withdraw.
that means the money will be safe even if I stay here for 5 yrs
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 23, 2016
Ijaya123:

All thanks to the clueless drunkard who brought us here with no provision for the future, after his family and cronies looted the country dry. You're now shouting recession, you're on a long thing. Keep shouting zombies, something that does not exist.
Read this www.nairaland.com/3328137/seven-buharis-actions-led-nigeria and ascertain how the certificateless and “fantastically corrupt” cattle rearer lead Nigeria into recession, just like he did during his first head of state tenor via a coup gringrin

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by lyterydim(m): 8:39am On Sep 23, 2016
hUmaneOne:

The disadvantage is you,not being able to withdraw your money.but it's safe in the bank.
You can always send money to it
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by ajehe(m): 8:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Everything buHari Buhari.. even jumia will blame their poor marketing structure on recession.. the last time I purchased a shoe, they gave me two different foot, the other time I bought a phone they won't deliver, they wnt return money. Smh.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by hUmaneOne: 8:45am On Sep 23, 2016
lyterydim:

Sure..

I don't trust naija banks tho.
Make sure you have your bank alerts and statements via e-mail .

1 Like

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by borntosuccess(m): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2016
that man from daura has really finished dis country
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Ijaya123: 8:50am On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Read this www.nairaland.com/3328137/seven-buharis-actions-led-nigeria and ascertain how the certificateless and “fantastically corrupt” cattle rearer lead Nigeria into recession, just like he did during his first head of state tenor via a coup gringrin

Take your time to read this and see that the clueless, corrupt and Ineffectual Buffon of a drunkard led the country into recession.

I shouted that Nigeria already in recession in 2014, but was abused by those in power.

A former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, has disclosed that the current economic recession afflicting the country started two years ago, adding that when he drew attention to the development in 2014, he was abused by those in power at the time for pointing it out.
The recession of Nigeria’s economy was confirmed when the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, issued a report claiming that the economy shrank by 2.06 percent in the second quarter of 2016, after the economy contracted by 0.36 percent in the first quarter of 2016.

The former governor, who spoke to newsmen at the weekend in Umuahia, the Abia state capital, where he was hosted by some prominent Umuahia indigenes, stated that the recession started back in 2014 when he said the Federal Government was borrowing money to pay civil servants.

According to him, “The recession started in 2014. It is just that Nigerians are biased. When I shouted in 2014 when Federal started borrowing money to pay civil servants and I said there was recession, they abused me, but I saw it coming because I am an employer of labour with over 9000 Nigerian workers, so I am an authority.

“I believe that President Buhari needs emergency laws to tackle the recession. The President has to design special law and send to the National Assembly to grant him emergency powers to tackle the economic recession because we have no two ways to go. We need to know that our belts should be tightened very well,” Kalu maintained.

He called for greater support f0r artisans who he said are presently the greatest force in the nation’s economy and for special attention and support for manufacturers.

“The moment the manufacturing sector attains full-capacity production, there will be less dependence on importation and this will shore up the value of the naira,” Kalu explained, even as he blamed the activities of Niger Delta militants for continued dwindling of the national revenue which led to a full-blown recession.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/19/shouted-nigeria-already-recession-2014-abused-power-orji-kalu/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by ReorxTohGan(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2016
shey na People Wey Neva Chow Bellyful,go dey shop Online...Berra Dey Dive Into Agriculture,if Jumia Can Sell A Bag Of Rice For 10k With Discount,u Go Fear How Them Net Profit Go Increase!
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by FunkyMetahuman: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2016
eleojo23:

Please just shut up.

Doing GEJ's time in office, it was OK to blame the president for everything that went wrong but now in Buhari's time, it is no longer OK to blame the president. Rather we should blame the past president. What nonsense!

That is hypocrisy at it's finest and it stinks!
at least know the right time to blame buhari you wailing zombie.

Julia recorded less loss than last year means they performed better this year ... olodo gbogbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Milo30(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2016
Damn. This is really hard on them
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2016
Ijaya123:

Take your time to read this and see that the clueless, corrupt and Ineffectual Buffon of a drunkard led the country into recession.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/19/shouted-nigeria-already-recession-2014-abused-power-orji-kalu/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter
it appears that both you and that man needs some cognitive overhauling. Is borrowing to pay salaries known as recession?? I suggest you go check the dictionary and ascertain what recession means. there is different between a broke country and a country in recession, although the former precedes the latter, but the latter can be evaded if there is a good leadership.

Buhari is the total cause of the economic recession!

Nigeria was far better under PDP than this.

Obasanjo met a little ‘ $3.7’ in reserve with oil price in its lowest at 30dpb which signified Nigeria was broke and he was able to manage and keep the economy from recession.

Jonathan was able to ensure that the economy grow at over 4% every year GEJ was in power!

He ensured our economy overtook South Africa’s economy as Africa’s largest economy!

He ensured Naira was stable at ₦150-₦215 to $1 between .

He ensured EVERY state had at least one federal university!

He ensured virtually EVERY election INEC held under his administration was conclusive!

He ensured that civil servants were consistently paid as and when due

How can you say a man(GEJ) who kept inflation at single digit THROUGHOUT caused the recession that is as a result of Buhari's incompetence?

Even world bank and other reputable int'l organisations evaluated Jonathan's economic policies as topnotch.

I suggest you read this gringrin

‘Buhari has Worsened Nigeria’s Economic Situation’ – APC Chieftain http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/09/03/buhari-has-worsened-nigerias-economic-situation/

1 Like

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by slap1(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2016
LastMumu:
No be person way get money go visit Jumia say him wan buy something? Last year wey money dey my hand wey recession never come, Na everyday I dey visit Jumia and Konga, this year I never visit their site once at all. Recession ti take over. angry

Same here...
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Chukazu: 9:36am On Sep 23, 2016
why is everybody blaming
buhari or Jonathan without bothering to read?
FIRST, Jumia is not a Nigerian company as such, it is owned by a German venture capital and has it subsidiary in Nigeria and dozen other countries, that also explains the reason the financial breakdown is quoted in foreign denomination.. so don't let your eyes deceive you

1 Like

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by ideaz: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2016
wontiboje:
Jumia, Rocket Internet's eCommerce group in Nigeria and Africa has just released its 2016 half year consolidated result showing the company recorded a net loss of EUR35.4 million within the period.

When compared to its net loss recorded in last year, the company has managed to reduce its loss by 19%. In the first half of 2015, the company recorded a net loss of EUR43.7 million.

Also on the topline, Jumia's revenue also fell by 56%. With the first half of this year, net revenue was EUR33.0 million compared to last year when it recorded EUR75.8 million f0r the first half of 2015.

Source: https://pageone.ng/2016/09/22/jumia-35-4-million-loss/

Jumia has themselves to blame for their lame business strategy. I have been a buyer and a seller on the platform up to early this year.

As a customer: Unlike Konga, Jumia ensures that buyers do not have access to the real sellers. I have returned an item which I thought was faulty because I did not know much about the product and the Jumia customer service agreed with me it was a fault out of ignorance. I went to offline shop to buy same item which was not anything different from the one returned to Jumia.
This has led to unnecessary huge returns. Who bears the loss, the seller...

As a seller: Since you are not allowed to see your customers information, you only pray the customer understands the items you are selling as no one can explain your goods better than you. The worst is that once customer returns or cancelled an order that has already been shipped, you may never get that item back to you for up to 6 months.
Now, imagine having 20% of your goods in Jumia store for months. Your capital is held hostage, the item may not return the same.

Besides, the penalties and suspensions Jumia met out when you default in such things as late shipping, wrong item sent etc can be very discouraging. The thought they had it all, its beginning to dawn on them and the new entrant in the business are not making things easier for them too.

Please don't blame the present government for this except you have the likes of Konga declare such level of loss.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by lyterydim(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Sure..

I don't trust naija banks tho.
Make sure you have your bank alerts and statements via e-mail .
the email which I opened it with is blocked
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by hUmaneOne: 9:54am On Sep 23, 2016
lyterydim:
the email which I opened it with is blocked

Call your bank headquarters and tell them to verify you over the phone and then fix a new email. Record the call.

Naija bankers can be siphoning your money little by little till it's no more.
Also try to create a internet banking profile if you've not,so you can check your statement online and do transfers.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2016
Despite the fall in revenue prices of goods there have soared by up to 50%. Those Chinko flat screen tvs that sold for 50k have risen to 100k.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Ijaya123: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
it appears that both you and that man needs some cognitive overhauling. Is borrowing to pay salaries known as recession?? I suggest you go check the dictionary and ascertain what recession means. there is different between a broke country and a country in recession, although the former precedes the latter, but the latter can be evaded if there is a good leadership.

Buhari is the total cause of the economic recession!

Nigeria was far better under PDP than this.

Obasanjo met a little ‘ $3.7’ in reserve with oil price in its lowest at 30dpb which signified Nigeria was broke and he was able to manage and keep the economy from recession.

Jonathan was able to ensure that the economy grow at over 4% every year GEJ was in power!

He ensured our economy overtook South Africa’s economy as Africa’s largest economy!

He ensured Naira was stable at ₦150-₦215 to $1 between .

He ensured EVERY state had at least one federal university!

He ensured virtually EVERY election INEC held under his administration was conclusive!

He ensured that civil servants were consistently paid as and when due

How can you say a man(GEJ) who kept inflation at single digit THROUGHOUT caused the recession that is as a result of Buhari's incompetence?

Even world bank and other reputable int'l organisations evaluated Jonathan's economic policies as topnotch.

I suggest you read this gringrin

If borrowing to pay salary is a sign of a strong economy, then I give up on your case. It is beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2016
Ijaya123:

If borrowing to pay salary is a sign of a strong economy, then I give up on your case. It is beyond redemption.
it seems you didn't really grasp the assertion, now go back and read it again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economic Recession May Last 20 Years – Jimoh Ibrahim / A Comprehensive "guarantor's Form" To An Employee / Top 10 Import Portals To Source Your Quality Products From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.