Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% (17858 Views)

Jumia Moves Farther From Profit, Posts USD 61 Million Loss In Six Months / Banking Sector Profit Falls By 28% – Report / Customs Blames CBN’s Policies As Revenue Falls By N230bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by searchcorp(m): 11:22am On Sep 23, 2016
lyterydim:
Please am in south Africa and I haven't done the bank verification number ,I intend swifting money to the account...is there any disadvantaged

you should be able to pay in, but you will have issues withdrawing.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by lyterydim(m): 11:31am On Sep 23, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Call your bank headquarters and tell them to verify you over the phone and then fix a new email. Record the call.

Naija bankers can be siphoning your money little by little till it's no more.
Also try to create a internet banking profile if you've not,so you can check your statement online and do transfers.
Please can you drop me your contact
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by ymarts: 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:

Doltish trash.

But there is an even deeper reason for why Nigeria is experiencing this unprecedented economic recession and that is that even when President Buhari eventually came around to constituting his cabinet, he peopled it with individuals whose capacity to deliver the goods is at best suspect.

Let me elucidate this with a statement made by President Buhari’s minister of sports and broadcast on Channels television today Tuesday the 20th of September, 2016.Said Mr. Solomon Dalung, ‘the disabled athletes have shown that all you need is a winning mentality and not too much preparation.’

Can you imagine that coming from a minister and member of the federal executive council?

But why should we be surprised? Nigerians are witnesses to the utterances of the minister of information, the aptly named Lai Mohammed, who blamed any good thing that happened in Nigeria immediately after President Buhari’s inauguration not on any form of preparation but on the President’s ‘body language’.

Early rains fell in obeisance to the President’s body language. Barren women became fertile as a result of President Buhari’s miraculous powers of non verbal communication. All kinds of orishirishi were attributed to body language.

One wonders where the fabled ‘body language’ was when it came to fighting the recession.

The truth is that preparation, pure preparation (that word that Mr. Dalung and other operatives of this administration hate to hear) is the only thing that can increase the likelihood of success in any venture including governance. As it is commonly said ‘those who fail to plan, plan to fail’.

And the reason why Mr. Osinbajo and his co travelers will continue to shift blame from individual to individual is because they do not have the strength of character to accept responsibility for their actions.

At this juncture, it will be pertinent of me to remind Lai Mohammed of his words uttered on the 25th of May, 2014 when he said ‘a government that is unwilling to take any responsibility for anything, should not be counted upon.’ Right back at you Mr. Mohammed, right back at you!

President Buhari has to quickly learn that the more you blame others, the more power you surrender. The more you accept responsibility, the more power you take.

Early in 2015, Pastor Osinbajo called then President Jonathan’s administration a ‘visionless’ government. I would like to define the vision of change that Mr. Osinbajo and his boss promised us based on what we have seen so far.

Mr. Osinbajo’s vision for change is defined as a sports minister who believes athletes do not need training,a finance minister who thinks recession is just a word, a science and technology minister who aspires to produce pencils in two years,an information minister who wants to generate jobs via masquerade dressing, an interior minister who uses his security to publicly shine his shoes rather than secure the interior of his country, an agriculture minister who fights for land for cows instead of farmers, a labor minister who threatens banks with revocation of license when they retrench workers due to bad economy, a communications minister who wants us to pay 9% tax on calls, a transport minister who gives one President credit for a railway built by another President, an economic adviser who wants women to donate their jewelry to help government fight recession and a Presidential spokesman who believes critics are ‘wailers’ all led by a President who believes#ChangeBeginsWithMe not him, though he was the one who promised it!
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
useless company i bought too boxers on Tuesday one is fake other is original .it tears immediately like paper. konga all the way.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by hUmaneOne: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
lyterydim:
Please can you drop me your contact
I'm sorry tho.anonymity things.I wish I could.. wink

I could answer your questions here tho
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by lyterydim(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
hUmaneOne:

I'm sorry tho.anonymity things.I wish I could.. wink

I could answer your questions here tho
Please brother.... am not convinced sending my family money to guild for me when I have an account
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by hucienda: 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:

Doltish trash.

But there is an even deeper reason for why Nigeria is experiencing this unprecedented economic recession and that is that even when President Buhari eventually came around to constituting his cabinet, he peopled it with individuals whose capacity to deliver the goods is at best suspect.

Let me elucidate this with a statement made by President Buhari’s minister of sports and broadcast on Channels television today Tuesday the 20th of September, 2016.Said Mr. Solomon Dalung, ‘the disabled athletes have shown that all you need is a winning mentality and not too much preparation.’

Can you imagine that coming from a minister and member of the federal executive council?

But why should we be surprised? Nigerians are witnesses to the utterances of the minister of information, the aptly named Lai Mohammed, who blamed any good thing that happened in Nigeria immediately after President Buhari’s inauguration not on any form of preparation but on the President’s ‘body language’.

Early rains fell in obeisance to the President’s body language. Barren women became fertile as a result of President Buhari’s miraculous powers of non verbal communication. All kinds of orishirishi were attributed to body language.

One wonders where the fabled ‘body language’ was when it came to fighting the recession.

The truth is that preparation, pure preparation (that word that Mr. Dalung and other operatives of this administration hate to hear) is the only thing that can increase the likelihood of success in any venture including governance. As it is commonly said ‘those who fail to plan, plan to fail’.

And the reason why Mr. Osinbajo and his co travelers will continue to shift blame from individual to individual is because they do not have the strength of character to accept responsibility for their actions.

At this juncture, it will be pertinent of me to remind Lai Mohammed of his words uttered on the 25th of May, 2014 when he said ‘a government that is unwilling to take any responsibility for anything, should not be counted upon.’ Right back at you Mr. Mohammed, right back at you!

President Buhari has to quickly learn that the more you blame others, the more power you surrender. The more you accept responsibility, the more power you take.

Early in 2015, Pastor Osinbajo called then President Jonathan’s administration a ‘visionless’ government. I would like to define the vision of change that Mr. Osinbajo and his boss promised us based on what we have seen so far.

[b]Mr. Osinbajo’s vision for change is defined as a sports minister who believes athletes do not need training,a finance minister who thinks recession is just a word, a science and technology minister who aspires to produce pencils in two years,an information minister who wants to generate jobs via masquerade dressing, an interior minister who uses his security to publicly shine his shoes rather than secure the interior of his country, an agriculture minister who fights for land for cows instead of farmers, a labor minister who threatens banks with revocation of license when they retrench workers due to bad economy, a communications minister who wants us to pay 9% tax on calls, a transport minister who gives one President credit for a railway built by another President, an economic adviser who wants women to donate their jewelry to help government fight recession and a Presidential spokesman who believes critics are ‘wailers’ all led by a President who believes#ChangeBeginsWithMe not him, though he was the one who promised it![/b]

EoD.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by gabicon: 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
95% of what jumia sells are imported a recession or forex scarcity will affect revenue big time. On the other hand Dangote gets 90% of her raw materials locally, his share price may drop due to lower sales but he can still stay afloat with out sacking staffs. As for the recession GEJ is partly responsible cause he didn't save for the future, Pmb is also responsible cause he left the economy that needed intervention dormant for months in the name of understudy. Frankly I don't see y the government after a year is still complaining, we voted them to fix the system not complain.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by biggy26: 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:

Doltish trash.

Mr. Osinbajo’s vision for change is defined as a sports minister who believes athletes do not need training,a finance minister who thinks recession is just a word, a science and technology minister who aspires to produce pencils in two years,an information minister who wants to generate jobs via masquerade dressing, an interior minister who uses his security to publicly shine his shoes rather than secure the interior of his country, an agriculture minister who fights for land for cows instead of farmers, a labor minister who threatens banks with revocation of license when they retrench workers due to bad economy, a communications minister who wants us to pay 9% tax on calls, a transport minister who gives one President credit for a railway built by another President, an economic adviser who wants women to donate their jewelry to help government fight recession and a Presidential spokesman who believes critics are ‘wailers’ all led by a President who believes#ChangeBeginsWithMe not him, though he was the one who promised it!

Baba, for this classic, come for ur doctorate!
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by bamac(m): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
Jumia can still make more profit.

They have sales consultants all over who are just freelancers but how will they makes sales when the goods are very expensive? How many people will see a good at a cheaper price in physical market and still go on to buy online at high amount with shipping fee?

I remember a customer who got a phone from jumia and Internet connection was not coming up, up till today the customer needs to manage the phone, in this case, how do you want a sales consultant to be patronized again?

Jumia needs to think about physical competitors, make proper investigation on goods before their deliveries to avoid stories and to build trust because people really want to patronize jumia. I still believe they can do better than this report in the next quarter.
Re: Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56% by basilo101: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
where are those who think online retail is a threat to igbo markets??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economic Recession May Last 20 Years – Jimoh Ibrahim / A Comprehensive "guarantor's Form" To An Employee / Top 10 Import Portals To Source Your Quality Products From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.