Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price (1163 Views)

Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew / How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Girlfriend / The iPhone My Girlfriend Gave Me As Valentine's Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
Apple's phones are expensive to buy but apparently not to make, according to certain online experts

Apple has made a name for itself as a luxury brand and the prices of each iPhone generation have certainly reflected that.

The most recent creation, the iPhone 7 , comes in two different versions with several different configurations - all of which will bring a tear to your eye and a hit to your wallet.

The standard iPhone 7 comes in with three different price tags: £599 (32GB), £699 (128GB) and £799 (256GB) . Ouch.

But - surprise, surprise - it doesn't actually cost Apple that much to manufacture the phones in China.

Recently, tech website teardown.com took one of the shiny new gadgets apart and measured the cost of some of the components:

Parts not shown here include the logic board: $74, speakers: $11.50 and the casing: $22.

All told, that equals roughly $292 - or £225 - to manufacture each iPhone 7.

Obviously the company has to pay its designers and engineers in the US as well as all the marketing and administration costs. But still, that's a pretty wide profit margin on a gadget that's selling for £599 at its cheapest.

shouldn't cost more than $320 a peice

lalasticala
source http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/how-much-iphone-7-cost-8889536
Re: How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price by Ekugbeh(m): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
Was even made in China....

U see.... Brands speak n not cost or location.

Stop consuming, start manufacturing....

Very soon de wuld produce anoda n name iphone8.

Can't u see dat we re consumers?

We xport cocoa only to import chocolate @ a very high rate.

We xport crude oil yes, and import oil treatment fluids, hydraulics....

We xport pomo only to import same as leather bags, belts, shoes @ a very high cost, jez because de named it versace, gucci or whatever....

We re consumers, and until we let it the other way round, we wuld neva globalise anything.

Thank God for gradual globalisation of our fashion through ankara.

Africans must xport finished products.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price by Greenbullet(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
see extortion my God 924$-320$=604$ profit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhj,JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.SEE money
Re: How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price by Mrjo(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ekugbeh:
Was even made in China....

U see.... Brands speak n not cost or location.

Stop consuming, start manufacturing....

Very soon de wuld produce anoda n name iphone8.

Can't u see dat we re consumers?

We xport cocoa only to import chocolate @ a very high rate.

We xport crude oil yes, and import oil treatment fluids, hydraulics....

We xport pomo only to import same as leather bags, belts, shoes @ a very high cost, jez because de named it versace, gucci or whatever....

We re consumers, and until we let it the other way round, we wuld neva globalise anything.

Thank God for gradual globalisation of our fashion through ankara.

Africans must xport finished products.

must u comment?
Re: How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price by mangojuice(m): 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
Mrjo:
must u comment?
wait o! wetin concern you?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
This isn't the right section for this
Re: How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price by SlaughterGang: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
Consumer fetish...People buy iphones for sentiments rather than functionality.

Hmm...I might have to set up shop in Asia...Manufacture there, import to US, UK...Africa would be nice for manufacturing, cheap labour only if there was stable power supply for a start.

Anyways none of my Business, call me when the iphone8 or Samsung S8 or HTC M11 comes out...

1 Like

Re: How Much Does The Iphone 7 Cost To Make? Tech Teardown Reveals Real Price by RabbaRabbi: 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
@Op, this place no be phone section nah. undecided Try to dey make some search before postingangry what have iPhone 7 got to do with romance

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Assleaker Expose / How I Saved My Marriage! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.