Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (42890 Views)

Why Buying London Used Phones Can Be Very Dangerous / Apple Fans React After Finally Getting Their Hands On Iphone7 / Nigerian Man Buying Iphone7 In Malaysia Videos Himself (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2016
I got this breakdown of the production price and retail price and it left me with the conclusion that buying it is so irrational.

Wisdom and savings are the elements of wealth.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2016
More

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2016
More.... Lalasticlala

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Oritna94(m): 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
What!!! Faints

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by tmanis(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2016
Na dia way be dat, no be today.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by daamazing(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
it's a complete waste of money but more than half of CNN staff are u using it, even their reporters are using it in d field for capturing moments.
like say dem no dey earn more as we dey watch their station

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by ollah2: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
daamazing:
it's a complete waste of money but more than half of CNN staff are u using it, even their reporters are using it in d field for capturing moments.
like say dem no dey earn more as we dey watch their station

Never knew you work there oo. 5 gbosas for you

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by paranorman(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
Phone is a brand, Apple is a brand. Even if Tecno make a phone with the same spec, it won't sell at the same retail price. Branding is important. Very important. Branding with quality products and services is very important...

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
jeso kreste

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Ikigia: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
Why the cost of "APPLE as a brand" omitted in the estimation?? grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by ruggedtimi(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
What about the mental sense of putting those parts together

53 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by manuel80(m): 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ok..

Whhhhaaaatttt!!!!
Apple dey sell name join the whole thing
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by CUM4WHAT(m): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
ruggedtimi:
What about the mental sense of putting those parts together
hmm buh still d price is outrageous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
The phone = $292
The "I" = $457
iPhone= 749

194 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by dauntless15(m): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
paranorman:
Phone is a brand, Apple is a brand. Even if Tecno make a phone with the same spec, it won't sell at the same retail price. Branding is important. Very important. Branding with quality products and services is very important...
na brand i go chop? Abi my tecno or infinix wont satisfy my needs in a smartphone, hyping too much, making you to reason with snus, if I'm as rich as dangote i will be using a phone that is cheaper than 120k, quote at your own peril

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by hitchowoyemi(m): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
chief go and research d cost of producing drugs and compare to their market price, u'll be convinced dat Apple is still in d Bsc phase of extortion etiquette

25 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by tobolos(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
What of manpower and machine?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by cutelover19(m): 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
issorait
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Opistorincos(m): 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
Apple fanatics will start calling for the op's head

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by emamos: 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
Unbox my apple 8.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by paranorman(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
dauntless15:
na brand i go chop? Abi my tecno or infinix wont satisfy my needs in a smartphone, hyping too much, making you to reason with snus, if I'm as rich as dangote i will be using a phone that is cheaper than 120k, quote at your own peril
hehehehehe... Your mentality is as expected.
Your view from the perspective of a consumer and I am thinking like a producer. Buy what you can afford or what makes sense to you. Your opinion will not stop people from buying the product here in Nigeria, even in this economic loophole we got ourselves in. Even as rich as Dangote is, he has got his own taste: he can't do cheap cars! ..... Maybe you're a student, maybe you still live with your parents. Maybe you're tenant, you will wanna build your own mansion to your taste and you'd probably buy Dangote cement, won't you? Or, would you?

My brother, we are from different worlds, I am a Martian.

Advice: Learn to express your opinion without insulting. 'twill help your spirit and make it pure!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by pendusky(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by mummyson26(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
That's apple for u

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
Where do u think the money they use for marketing comes from? How will dey pay their engineers? Do u even know how much the mental effort put into the phone innovations cost? Do u know how many staffs apple hv to pay their salaries? Tecno cannot bill u such because they are aware the product isnt worth the price tag. There's something called goodwill, its like comparing an Aston martin car to a Toyota car. Thats how business works. No offence intended smiley

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by hUmaneOne: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
If this is iPhone 7, How much will tecno c8 cost? $25

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by veekid(m): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
Wadeva
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by smithmadu(m): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hmmmmm.... Extortion

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
op, you are wrong with your assumptions. What about mental effort, and brand created over the years..

You also have to consider the goodwill built along the years.

Your assumption doesn't work like that. Nobody is forced to buy it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by x6blade(m): 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
Money for commercials. And other parts. Battery. Ear piece.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by idris4r83(m): 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
hitchowoyemi:
chief go and research d cost of producing drugs and compare to their market price, u'll be convinced dat Apple is still in d Bsc phase of extortion etiquette
am very sure u r a Pharmacist

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN New Better Me Data Plan Offers 2015MB Data For N2015 / How To Reset Your Lost 2go Password / Facebook, Instagram Remove 800 Accounts From Nigeria, Egypt, UAE, Give Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.