Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (42893 Views)

Why Buying London Used Phones Can Be Very Dangerous / Apple Fans React After Finally Getting Their Hands On Iphone7 / Nigerian Man Buying Iphone7 In Malaysia Videos Himself (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lol... Money ishh
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lakuli jalailu
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Smily202(m): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
What about the Charger and Earpod? Lol
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by dauntless15(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
paranorman:

hehehehehe... Your mentality is as expected.
Your view from the perspective of a consumer and I am thinking like a producer. Buy what you can afford or what makes sense to you. Your opinion will not stop people from buying the product here in Nigeria, even in this economic loophole we got ourselves in. Even as rich as Dangote is, he has got his own taste: he can't do cheap cars! ..... Maybe you're a student, maybe you still live with your parents. Maybe you're tenant, you will wanna build your own mansion to your taste and you'd probably buy Dangote cement, won't you? Or, would you?

My brother, we are from different worlds, I am a Martian.

Advice: Learn to express your opinion without insulting. 'twill help your spirit and make it pure!
see? Even a simple question as that is tedious for you to understand, i give up Martian ko martial art ni
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by mhizAnnie(f): 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
Apple is making their money, it's just business on their part so if u want to buy it, go ahead...if not, goan rest and stop bad mouthing someone biz...Nobody forced u to buy it...moreover if naira was equal with dollar, we would not be talking about this right now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by hitchowoyemi(m): 2:01am On Sep 24, 2016
idris4r83:
am very sure u r a Pharmacist
Biochemist with strong pharmacy link. To be super rich, u must extort

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 24, 2016
What about the money they spent on research and development?

Although, I can't support them on that. They basically just released a thinner iPhone 6 without the earphone jack.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by TrollTrap: 6:54am On Sep 24, 2016
Lol this ya analysis is flawed...I don't know much about production and shipping but I'd assume Apple hot staff to pay, the phone has to be shipped to many places Na and no be for free plus other factors as well.
They'll still make huge gains but not as much as CNN quoted
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by CUM4WHAT(m): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2016
TrollTrap:
Lol this ya analysis is flawed...I don't know much about production and shipping but I'd assume Apple hot staff to pay, the phone has to be shipped to many places Na and no be for free plus other factors as well.
They'll still make huge gains but not as much as CNN quoted
so samsung and nokia dnt ship their phones with over 40mp camera nd hotter features or dnt pay workers.... Park well bro

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by pr0blem: 8:12am On Sep 24, 2016
This is a rip off
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by AZeD1(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2016
What's the cost of the software?
The cost of the cloud servers used to store your details?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by skyo78(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2016
You didn't add cost of Staff salary, electricity (production costs etc), publicity and marketing and branding.

If you do this kind-of break down for any item, you will end up not buying anything.

Your tecno that you buy N15k-N20k, probably costs N5k—N7k to build with this calculation

5 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by AntiWailer: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2016
Only when u are broke.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by atigro(m): 9:16am On Sep 24, 2016
Spot on!
ruggedtimi:
What about the mental sense of putting those parts together
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Temmzz(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2016
can you go and buy those parts and arrange it together urself??

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by dajx: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2016
You're paying for the brand. Apple is a 'premium brand'. The brand is what seperates the price of a 'samsung' and 'tecno', even when the components are most likely manufactured by the same OEM manufacturer in china.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Davonjagah(m): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2016
so na their village witches produce am no labour force.?
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Anopheles: 9:20am On Sep 24, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
so samsung and nokia dnt ship their phones with over 40mp camera nd hotter features or dnt pay workers.... Park well bro

You do know Samsung Galaxy Note 7 base model is more expensive than base IPhone 7, right?
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Exponental(m): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2016
why bothering yourself? Na by force to buy? Why is the cost of buying land or house at VGC/ Lekki/ VI more expensive than some other parts of Lagos state? You call that waste too? You may see it as CLASS but truly, it's comfort and happiness when you can afford it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by realnas(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2016
Factor in shipping cost, various taxes, labour costs ,r&d cost a fortune and hey apple has to make a profit to enable it hire the best software engineers, marketers etc

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by jamesibor: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2016
hitchowoyemi:
chief go and research d cost of producing drugs and compare to their market price, u'll be convinced dat Apple is still in d Bsc phase of extortion etiquette

That's only true in cases where said drug still enjoys patent right or niche brands. Not so for generics
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by onionsoup(f): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2016
manuel80:
Ok..

Whhhhaaaatttt!!!!
Apple dey sell name join the whole thing

But Apple na #200 for market na shocked. Na wa oo!
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by CUM4WHAT(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2016
Anopheles:

You do know Samsung Galaxy Note 7 base model is more expensive than base IPhone 7, right?
d fone dat xplodes rite?? While beta onces are cheaper
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by D34lw4p(m): 9:37am On Sep 24, 2016
Interesting.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2016
personally I don't have the capacity to buy this iPhone but why didn't you incorporate the price of designing software for it and logistics. or do you think those things are done using excel workbook.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by success541(m): 9:40am On Sep 24, 2016
Instead of using 500k to buy a phone, i go beta use am biuld 2bedrood and a palow house.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by omachonupeter: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2016
Watchout iphone 8 will soon come out
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by preyah: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2016
no I will buy
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:47am On Sep 24, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
I wonder, Samsung S7 edge would still emerge as the best phone this year. Even, if my money full for ground I can't use apple product except their macbook

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by MmmS(f): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2016
ucsparks:
The phone = $292
The "I" = $457
iPhone= 749
you eeehn! Kikikikikiki
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2016
I would rather buy a 350k laptop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN New Better Me Data Plan Offers 2015MB Data For N2015 / How To Reset Your Lost 2go Password / Facebook, Instagram Remove 800 Accounts From Nigeria, Egypt, UAE, Give Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.