Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (42891 Views)

Why Buying London Used Phones Can Be Very Dangerous / Apple Fans React After Finally Getting Their Hands On Iphone7 / Nigerian Man Buying Iphone7 In Malaysia Videos Himself (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by iwadobo: 1:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
I said it the other time that Apple is the only company that charge 300% Margin , and some mofos were arguing blindly . Apple is just ripping people off little wonder Apple fans are being reffered to as isheeps . If they really use correct materials, as their sheep's claim , how come they (parts cost) are that cheap? They assembled cheap parts Beautifully and people start paying through their noses for it . What a Waco company! Samsung use far costlier money on parts, yet their phones are cheaper .

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by VictorRomanov: 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
dauntless15:
i aint insulting him, I'm reminding him of who he's confused and retar,ded namby pamby

Ok. Keep it up. U re doing well
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by diva90: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
People have to consider import/export , distribution, packaging costs and also manpower costs. It's way more than just price of parts involved in assembling the phone. Also profit must be made after every possible costs are payed per piece.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by iwadobo: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
unite4real:

They even forgot to mention operating tax, warehousing cost, insurance, built in warranty cost, shipping, research and development etc. Business is not hook line sinker the way it was painted.

Keep quiet . Nothing can justify 300% margin charged on a phone other than the foolishness of their fans . If they are really that good, why didn't they use materials that wort up to $500? They assembled cheap things and you buy it with your annual savings .other companies that charge 40% margin don't pay taxes ? Shio!
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Mpanyi: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
cost of years of research, tax, staff salaries and other things nko?
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Ajiswaggs(m): 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Carding tinz

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by samsard(m): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
dauntless15:
and you are a rich dude right? I cant be dangote because you say so, i pity your mentality, i dont think so low of my self thats why am light yrs ahead of you, ecclesiastically myopic cretin, buying a costly iPhone is not a measure of wealth, someone who doesn't own a house can own an iPhone7 just for show off, but your peanut sized brain won't let you think beyond your nose.
**** go back, read my post and digest. Does Kim k sound like someone who doesn't own a house? Or you think everyone lives in a squalor like you, so 500k should biuld/buy em a house?. You light years ahead of me? Right there you got me laughing. And where did i say that an iPhone is a measure of wealth? **** If you don't know what 'priority' means, then go get yourself a dictionary. Its the reason why some can spend 40 million dollars on a house, but you'll probably tell me you cant spend #5,000,000 on a house even if you were Bill Gates. Broke mindset.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Horlufemi(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
The Apple logo is about $450.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by tanwantu: 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
It is made for the rich.The rich are always extravagant
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2016
We complain about the price cos of our kind of economy. The vibrant economy of the whites as a good as buying iPhone for just N200,000 in Naira. It would have a no complain issue if dollar is worth let say N200.

The above analysis isn't what bothers me. The issue is that; why the whites spends cool cash cos of the phone's functionality, which is possible for them to utilize 80%. Most blacks subject their fellows in penury, buy the phone just for show-off.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
For most esp ladies planning to buy IPhone 7.I recommend Tecno Camon C9 plus for u. Which is at most 60k. Camera and functionality wise, I bet u can't handle that phone upto 70%. just package it with one of those stylish back pouch and glass screen protector and you are good to go.

You spend just about 60k instead of about 500k.

THOSE OF YOU THAT WOULD OPPOSE AND SAY ITS CHINCO. ASK YOURSELVES. DO I KNOW OR POSSESS HOW MUCH OF INTELLECTUALITY IT TAKES TO PRODUCE A CHIP OR AN IC, FOR A PARTICULAR FUNCTION?

Blacks most esp Nija babes, receive sense in IJN.

Only God knows what that Kitty is passing tru just to get IPhone.
In MI's voice "don't spend ur life to buy money cos u can't spend money to buy life".

Thank me later.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by dauntless15(m): 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
samsard:
Dumb Ass, go back, read my post and digest. Does Kim k sound like someone who doesn't own a house? Or you think everyone lives in a squalor like you, so 500k should biuld/buy em a house?. You light years ahead of me? Right there you got me laughing. And where did i say that an iPhone is a measure of wealth? Dumb, broke ass dude. If you don't know what 'priority' means, then go get yourself a dictionary. Its the reason why some can spend 40 million dollars on a house, but you'll probably tell me you cant spend #5,000,000 on a house even if you were Bill Gates. Broke mindset.
its not about how rich you're its about what you do with your riches, so if i choose to use my money for something productive which is definitely not an iPhone it means i live in squalor and abject poverty, you claim you aint broke in all your posts it only proves you're just a pauper, rich people don't go around screaming I'm rich I'm rich, misplaced priority is what i call it, what an iPhone 7 can do, my phone can do it as well and guess what its below 100k as opposed to a 500, 000 iPhone so tell me what you're bickering about, its obvious what i said is above your level of comprehension, and if it wasnt for nairaland a disgruntled pathetic dimwitted imbeci,le such as you wouldn't be here arguing what you dont know, try to strain your cornea which has been ruptured by garri and glaucoma and read what i wrote slowly, maybe your fried brain will understand a little, duche,bag
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by vacanci: 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
iwadobo:

Keep quiet . Nothing can justify 300% margin charged on a phone other than the foolishness of their fans . If they are really that good, why didn't they use materials that wort up to $500? They assembled cheap things and you buy it with your annual savings .other companies that charge 40% margin don't pay taxes ? Shio!

Who is this brainless fool? You don't seem to understand business models. Apple is not a market for all. It is for class. Why you dey grind teeth over somebody's success. Them force you to buy? Do you know what it takes to keep such company running? Do you know the meaning of premium products? How many apple products have you find in phone repair shops. Do u understand the meaning of durability? How many iPhone users have complained of hacking into their phones to steal vital information. Do u understand the meaning of security?

If they use materials worth $500. How much will be research and development cost. Do they pay peanuts as salary in Apple? We are talking of the world's number one brand. Why u dey complain. Go and buy infinix or gionee na.

I don't use iPhone but the iPad2 I bought 5 years ago is still going strong. That's quality.

Go and sit down my friend.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by aku626(m): 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
You're only paying for the brains behind the creation of the phone
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Maximus85(m): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
Even if it's sold at the cost price, I still won't buy.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by iwadobo: 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
vacanci:

Who is this brainless fool? You don't seem to understand business models. Apple is not a market for all. It is for class. Why you dey grind teeth over somebody's success. Them force you to buy? Do you know what it takes to keep such company running? Do you know the meaning of premium products? How many apple products have you find in phone repair shops. Do u understand the meaning of durability? How many iPhone users have complained of hacking into their phones to steal vital information. Do u understand the meaning of security?

If they use materials worth $500. How much will be research and development cost. Do they pay peanuts as salary in Apple? We are talking of the world's number one brand. Why u dey complain. Go and buy infinix or gionee na.

I don't use iPhone but the iPad2 I bought 5 years ago is still going strong. That's quality.

Go and sit down my friend.

You are just blabbing . Look at the way you insult people over a matter concerning a company which you have no share in ? Talking of using apple products , in fact , I don't think I need to argue with you as it is easy for anyone to claim Dangote online . I wish it is a physical debate now, I know you wouldn't have had the gut to tell me about apple products . For your information, it only on my iPhone I saw 'wifi grey out' . Check it online and see people with same complaint . Meanwhile, a techno bought the same period by my house help never had that issue . You simply don't know much about products , yet you are referring to people as brainless. Kindly accept my sympathy over your foolery . If you know much about Apple , how much do they have in their reserve ? Since you , with much brain work for Apple and you earn mega pay? Why do Apple have much in their reserve ? Do you even know the meaning of those things I'm asking you? A reasonable human being will know that people are just paying for Apple's Goodwill, which is a normal thing in business. In 2009, I had a Nokia N90 prior to buying my then expensive bold 3, is there an man born of a woman that can compare the quality of N90 with a bb bold 3? But the bold 3 was more expensive than the N90. It happened because as at the, bb still has goodwill and never for superiority in quality over rivals . Just go and read some accounting books , you will understand what I mean .
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
iwadobo:
I said it the other time that Apple is the only company that charge 300% Margin , and some mofos were arguing blindly . Apple is just ripping people off little wonder Apple fans are being reffered to as isheeps . If they really use correct materials, as their sheep's claim , how come they (parts cost) are that cheap? They assembled cheap parts Beautifully and people start paying through their noses for it . What a Waco company! Samsung use far costlier money on parts, yet their phones are cheaper .
So what do u hv to say about samsung s7 that is built with $255 and sells for $700. I see no reason why u hv the right to tell someone how to spend his money. If it doesn't suit u, then dont buy it abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by iwadobo: 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
vickey4sure:

So what do u hv to say about samsung s7 that is built with $255 and sells for $700. I see no reason why u hv the right to tell someone how to spend his money. If it doesn't suit u, then dont buy it abeg! undecided

I never asked people not to spend their money the way they want . In fact, I'm even praying for my own company to be successful as Apple. Spend less, get more than your rivals . I only made an analysis and some people who don't read outside naira land were claiming to know more than I do .
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by InvertedHammer: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
/
There is so much money to be made in the world.
The smart ones figured out how to be at the receiving end.

The cost of iphone (excluding the proprietary software) is $292. Well, some will not pay $1 for a mad man's shirt but will pay $400 for Kanye West's Jesus T-shirt. Go figure!

Branding is the key.
\
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Ikigia: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
VictorRomanov:

It wasnt omitted. It's the difference between the production cost and retail price.

Okay, so what's cost of the brand if its not omitted?
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Codes151(m): 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
This one small!!! When I assembled iPhone 5s that year, it cost about 150 dolls and people where still buying at 600 dolls!!!! If u like preach they won't hear!!!! That's people for u!
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by leuelliot(m): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
Non of you know how many Billions go into R&grin.

as expensive as the Bugatti Veyron cost, Volkswagen Made a loss on every Bugatti sold! imagine that!
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by vacanci: 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
iwadobo:

You are just blabbing . Look at the way you insult people over a matter concerning a company which you have no share in ? Talking of using apple products , in fact , I don't think I need to argue with you as it is easy for anyone to claim Dangote online . I wish it is a physical debate now, I know you wouldn't have had the gut to tell me about apple products . For your information, it only on my iPhone I saw 'wifi grey out' . Check it online and see people with same complaint . Meanwhile, a techno bought the same period by my house help never had that issue . You simply don't know much about products , yet you are referring to people as brainless. Kindly accept my sympathy over your foolery . If you know much about Apple , how much do they have in their reserve ? Since you , with much brain work for Apple and you earn mega pay? Why do Apple have much in their reserve ? Do you even know the meaning of those things I'm asking you? A reasonable human being will know that people are just paying for Apple's Goodwill, which is a normal thing in business. In 2009, I had a Nokia N90 prior to buying my then expensive bold 3, is there an man born of a woman that can compare the quality of N90 with a bb bold 3? But the bold 3 was more expensive than the N90. It happened because as at the, bb still has goodwill and never for superiority in quality over rivals . Just go and read some accounting books , you will understand what I mean .

grin tongue tongue. See how success dey pain person ooooooo. Lol. I only read line one and two. No time to debate with a Hater. I happy say my reaction pain u die. Grow up joor and start something that every one in the world will be happy with.

lipsrsealed
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by jaysparx(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2016
Guys abeg wetin apple get to do with phone? I Neva talk of the "I"!!! Plz humans sense needs to upgrade!!?#@";£)('
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by djhilarious: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hello people its your boy DJ Hilarious with 2016 Naija Mid Year Mashup Mixtape.. 100% compilation of newest 2016 Naija songs.Please download and Enjoy.... Love you all Contact : 08038782872

http://www.hulkshare.com/dcw2a0rhadc0⁠⁠⁠⁠
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by davss02(m): 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
chachanga:

My Servant, my servant, do this quick without delay That money in your account is a seed of destiny for your Iphone You shall withdraw it ALL and send to the account chachanga shall send you If you shall Do this quickly, without fail; even Apple shall envy you Go now, my son, go quickly...and make that transfer..." cool
You are just too funny You made my day hehehehehehehe
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by dauntless15(m): 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
samsard:
You obviously a bigger fool than i had pictured. Who are you to tell people what their priorities should be: Jesus Christ? Like i said earlier, the next thing you'll tell me is that even if you were as rich as Gates, you wouldn't buy a house worth more than #5,000,000 coz in your small mind, it already has rooms, bathroom(s) a kitchen and a sitting room and of course a duplex or a million dollar mansion to you would be "misplaced priority". Anyways, like you said, wealthy people dont go around telling peopld they are rich, but thats coz its obvious from their lifestyle and it (affluent lifestyle) is the norm to them. Am not so jobless that i'll engage you in an endless e-war. Bye.
yea so busy you had to stay and banter on nairaland all day, everything about you reeks of of abject poverty, from your craving and worship of material things to your limited and incredibly low sense of reasoning, you're a lost cause and trying to get you to see reason is a great waste of productive time, I'll rather teach a pig than teach of a redundant cretin like you.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
chachanga:

My Servant, my servant, do this quick without delay
That money in your account is a seed of destiny for your Iphone
You shall withdraw it ALL and send to the account chachanga shall send you
If you shall Do this quickly, without fail; even Apple shall envy you
Go now, my son, go quickly...and make that transfer..." cool
you wont believe i actually read this joke , in a god-like voice(husky+echo dual voice)
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
CNN,now that you know the unit cost of production,go and build ya own phone.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by SmSolo: 3:59am On Sep 25, 2016
paranorman:

hehehehehe... Your mentality is as expected.
Your view from the perspective of a consumer and I am thinking like a producer. Buy what you can afford or what makes sense to you. Your opinion will not stop people from buying the product here in Nigeria, even in this economic loophole we got ourselves in. Even as rich as Dangote is, he has got his own taste: he can't do cheap cars! ..... Maybe you're a student, maybe you still live with your parents. Maybe you're tenant, you will wanna build your own mansion to your taste and you'd probably buy Dangote cement, won't you? Or, would you?

My brother, we are from different worlds, I am a Martian.

Advice: Learn to express your opinion without insulting. 'twill help your spirit and make it pure!

This secret you told him, he'd take to his grave... I know that you love him...
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by darediamond(m): 5:34am On Sep 25, 2016
vickey4sure:
Where do u think the money they use for marketing comes from? How will dey pay their engineers? Do u even know how much the mental effort put into the phone innovations cost? Do u know how many staffs apple hv to pay their salaries? Tecno cannot bill u such because they are aware the product isnt worth the price tag. There's something called goodwill, its like comparing an Aston martin car to a Toyota car. Thats how business works. No offence intended smiley

Friend you've got to be in China to know exactly.how cheap European Standard Products are. Those whites are extremely greedy take it or leave it.

If Neodymium magnets production is largely championed by those white oaks, do.you think they will as cheap as $5 for a wooping 70mm x 10mm N52 Neodymium magnet?

Never!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN New Better Me Data Plan Offers 2015MB Data For N2015 / How To Reset Your Lost 2go Password / Facebook, Instagram Remove 800 Accounts From Nigeria, Egypt, UAE, Give Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.