Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (42892 Views)

Why Buying London Used Phones Can Be Very Dangerous / Apple Fans React After Finally Getting Their Hands On Iphone7 / Nigerian Man Buying Iphone7 In Malaysia Videos Himself (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by osarenmwienda(f): 9:56am On Sep 24, 2016
the price has gone down. ..... I just bought mine now.... with just 10k.. .but they only gave me the *I* still waiting for the phone....

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by unite4real: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2016
tobolos:
What of manpower and machine?

They even forgot to mention operating tax, warehousing cost, insurance, built in warranty cost, shipping, research and development etc. Business is not hook line sinker the way it was painted.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by MztrChukwu(m): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
I got this breakdown of the production price and retail price and it left me with the conclusion that buying it is so irrational.

Wisdom and savings are the elements of wealth.

Good sir,

Did you also include the cost of shipment, labour costs, and other incidental costs from an accounting perspective?

There are quite a huge number of manufacturing costs that were not included in your basic analysis.

I'd suggest, instead of condemning a manufacturer's product, you make your choice as a consumer based on your pocket size.

Have a swell day.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Kings2rule(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2016
Of what use is iPhone 7 when your smart phone can satisfy your needs?. For me I'm ain't a phone freak my galaxy grand prime fully pimped does a lot more than all these so called expensive iPhones. when I see people going for what you may loose any minute either by robbery or damage I feel like.... it's crazy honestly.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by MztrChukwu(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2016
unite4real:

They even forgot to mention operating tax, warehousing cost, insurance, built in warranty cost etc. Business is not hook line sinker the way it was painted.

I just weak for the kind 'intelligent' analysis that was put up there.

The poo that makes front page these days tho

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by MztrChukwu(m): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2016
Smily202:
What about the Charger and Earpod? Lol

Maybe that comes in a separate package from his analysis

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by RitzyPrince(m): 10:19am On Sep 24, 2016
I still don't get why People will be bad mouthing products opposite of the one they're using....no matter the cost I can't see myself using an Android OS any day....I ain't saying the OS is bad but I just believe in iOS. Use what you're comfortable with shikina kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by mavinkalot: 10:39am On Sep 24, 2016
Blackberry falls - Screen breaks
Nokia falls - Ground shakes
iPhone 7 falls - Owner faints...
#NothingGoesForNothing
mhizAnnie:
Apple is making their money, it's just business on their part so if u want to buy it, go ahead...if not, goan rest and stop bad mouthing someone biz...Nobody forced u to buy it...moreover if naira was equal with dollar, we would not be talking about this right now.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by zeal2515: 10:40am On Sep 24, 2016
Baba God pls pick up my calls.....
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Akims(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2016
hmm
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Peacefulgold(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2016
Ikigia:
Why the cost of "APPLE as a brand" omitted in the estimation?? grin grin
Yea I stand wit u...he is suppose to also put d cost of d brand apple...d brand alone cost $500...so u c they are even at a loss...

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Napster20: 10:46am On Sep 24, 2016
Hi friends my kid sis is taking part in common wealth Nigeria pageant. Pls vote for her.
First step : Follow Common Wealth Nigeria Pageant on Instagram.
Second Step: Like her picture to vote. Name is Akeiti Ofure Faith. Pls share with friends
COMMONWEALTHNIGPEGEANT. This is there name on Instagram

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by folasayolyn(f): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2016
ucsparks:
The phone = $292 The "I" = $457 iPhone= 749

Abeg no kill me with laff here oh
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2016
I DON'T DO BRANDS, I DO CONTENTS!!!.. I don't follow the crowd, i stand-out!..i'll proudly settle for an least-known brand with same specs.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by davss02(m): 11:11am On Sep 24, 2016
I keep seeing iPhone 7 in my dreams Dear Lord, is it a sign?? Speak, your servant is listening 🙄

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by davss02(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2016
Kings2rule:
Of what use is iPhone 7 when your smart phone can satisfy your needs?. For me I'm ain't a phone freak my galaxy grand prime fully pimped does a lot more than all these so called expensive iPhones. when I see people going for what you may loose any minute either by robbery or damage I feel like.... it's crazy honestly.
Poor dude....change your mindset...if you have the money you won't think this way
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2016
This one don pass profit.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by mhizAnnie(f): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
mavinkalot:
Blackberry falls - Screen breaks
Nokia falls - Ground shakes
iPhone 7 falls - Owner faints...
#NothingGoesForNothing
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by samsard(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2016
dauntless15:
na brand i go chop? Abi my tecno or infinix wont satisfy my needs in a smartphone, hyping too much, making you to reason with snus, if I'm as rich as dangote i will be using a phone that is cheaper than 120k, quote at your own peril
You are still thinking like a broke dude, and you are not Dangote and honestly might never come close to him. Its all about priorities anyways, not the money. Thats why somewhat worth 70 billion dollars may not buy an iPhone, but a Kim Kardashian worth less than a billion dollars would. Priorities bro...

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by killzone(m): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
So wait you think it's only iPhone that's guilty of this, check how much they use to build Samsung flagship phones or LG or HTC , you will know it's not only Apple

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Kenneth10110(m): 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
vickey4sure:
Where do u think the money they use for marketing comes from? How will dey pay their engineers? Do u even know how much the mental effort put into the phone innovations cost? Do u know how many staffs apple hv to pay their salaries? Tecno cannot bill u such because they are aware the product isnt worth the price tag. There's something called goodwill, its like comparing an Aston martin car to a Toyota car. Thats how business works. No offence intended smiley

Have u gotten yours? Buy let's see.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by sekem: 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nansense!!!

Even if the sell it at that $292, some people will still complain.

If you have the money to buy it, buy.

If you don't have the money to buy it, then forget about it.

But let no man come here and start justifying for us why we must or mustn't buy something.

People buy things because of the perceived value they hope or intend to get from that commodity.

Thus, what you consider a total nonsense might be what someone somewhere is dying to possess.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by seenter84: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
name/brand nia day sell not product
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Maxvasia(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by chachanga: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
davss02:
I keep seeing iPhone 7 in my dreams
Dear Lord, is it a sign??
Speak, your servant is listening 🙄

My Servant, my servant, do this quick without delay
That money in your account is a seed of destiny for your Iphone
You shall withdraw it ALL and send to the account chachanga shall send you
If you shall Do this quickly, without fail; even Apple shall envy you
Go now, my son, go quickly...and make that transfer..." cool
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by Kings2rule(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
davss02:

Poor dude....change your mindset...if you have the money you won't think this way
This is not a mindset tin ok? it's a fact. at least you can how the so called iPhone people are dieing for has just been analyzed.-
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by piperson(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
paranorman:

hehehehehe... Your mentality is as expected.
Your view from the perspective of a consumer and I am thinking like a producer. Buy what you can afford or what makes sense to you. Your opinion will not stop people from buying the product here in Nigeria, even in this economic loophole we got ourselves in. Even as rich as Dangote is, he has got his own taste: he can't do cheap cars! ..... Maybe you're a student, maybe you still live with your parents. Maybe you're tenant, you will wanna build your own mansion to your taste and you'd probably buy Dangote cement, won't you? Or, would you?

My brother, we are from different worlds, I am a Martian.

Advice: Learn to express your opinion without insulting. 'twill help your spirit and make it pure!
wish he was half as sensible as you

1 Like

Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by dauntless15(m): 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
samsard:
You are still thinking like a broke dude, and you are not Dangote and honestly might never come close to him. Its all about priorities anyways, not the money. Thats why somewhat worth 70 billion dollars may not buy an iPhone, but a Kim Kardashian worth less than a billion dollars would. Priorities bro...
and you are a rich dude right? I cant be dangote because you say so, i pity your mentality, i dont think so low of my self thats why am light yrs ahead of you, ecclesiastically myopic cretin, buying a costly iPhone is not a measure of wealth, someone who doesn't own a house can own an iPhone7 just for show off, but your peanut sized brain won't let you think beyond your nose.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by VictorRomanov: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ikigia:
Why the cost of "APPLE as a brand" omitted in the estimation?? grin grin

It wasnt omitted. It's the difference between the production cost and retail price.
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by VictorRomanov: 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
dauntless15:
and you are a rich dude right? I cant be dangote because you say so, i pity your mentality, i dont think so low of my self thats why am light yrs ahead of you, ecclesiastically myopic cretin, buying a costly iPhone is not a measure of wealth, someone who doesn't own a house can own an iPhone7 just for show off, but your peanut sized brain won't let you think beyond your nose.

U guys are just saying the same thing, but with different brands of insults
Re: Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money by dauntless15(m): 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
VictorRomanov:

U guys are just saying the same thing, but with different brands of insults
i aint insulting him, I'm reminding him of who he's confused and retar,ded namby pamby

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN New Better Me Data Plan Offers 2015MB Data For N2015 / How To Reset Your Lost 2go Password / Facebook, Instagram Remove 800 Accounts From Nigeria, Egypt, UAE, Give Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.