Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,198 members, 7,867,468 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:45 PM

What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. (880 Views)

My Younger Brother Is A Nightmare -- How Can I Help Him? / Couple Spent N3m On Wedding But Got Evicted Weeks Later Cause They’re Owing Rent / Her Children Is Doing Driver & Conductor At Home.. Any Call For Concern???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
i created this account a new one for this purpose. i am going to be as real as possible. please no insults. just drop your advice peacefully.
i have just entered middle age yet if you see me for the first time you will think i am a jambite. there are many things a man should do at my age i have not done.
am yet to start a business.
no girlfriends
i have not been in a relationship
i have no disabilities
i have not driven a car
1000 job applications yet no one called me for interview
it now looks as if i have no friends
Today being TGIF another lonely weekend, when my mates are flexing in the clubs
and getting married on Saturdays.
nobody has ever looked at me as a mentor and say e.g you have this ability, you will be an engineer. except family members once in awhile but very rarely.
people hardly call to say there is a opportunity somewhere lets go for it.
i have not had sex for almost 30 years and counting.
no cliches nor hommies.
still dependent (very painfull).
i have never hosted events,
already have 1st and 2nd degrees from naija universities. yet no skills. it is as if i have not aquired any knowledge/empty.
even secondary school and primary school did not consider me for employment.
the more love and genuine interest i show for people the less i get.
so far it has been very uninteresting.
at times because of too much thinking, i lose ability to sleep for like 3 days straight.
i used to think of how i will survive if the people sponsoring or catering for me stops or are unable to.
i wonder what i will become.

i need help from from you guys (nairalanders) as to what to do, if there is still hope.
deep down i still believe there is alot to enjoy in this world. it is just that life has dealt me a serious blow.

i have limited network of buddies. no business associates, for God sakes now i ought to be in middle management.
it is now looking as if i wasted my time and money going to the university.
i am someone who is loyal, i believe in collective success rather than individual success, someone who could stick to the task at hand until it is completed.

it seems i am in a trap (like in a bottle).
i have no Godfather or Godmother, no mentors ( the people who should have mentored me have always hated me and wished i failed in life).
nothing to smile about.
no woman or man in my life to say hello and encourage me since the days of yore.
guys i am tired and fed up.

why always me?
i am always overlooked and ignored when jobs, promotions are going to be given. why?
is it character? i have in abundance. emotional intelligence? yes i have them.

i have been denied so many good things, i dont know what my offence is.
because of all these compounded problems i usually visit google as strange at it seems to ask question like when will i be on my own, get married or have a business.
it is not funny at all.
because of condition, every other parts of of my life has been affected negatively. if anyone sees me now they will not beleive i have been stagnated.

just like everyone else i desire to have a very good job, a business with steady income, get married, have kids and enjoy life like everyone else.

i also have dreams and aspirations to positively impact my immediate community and make the world a better place.

please help a friend.

please nairalanders pardon my grammar. i was not an English student.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by yvelchstores(f): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
first of all, u need to stop feeling sorry for yourself n take d bull by d horn. get out there with a positive vibe and knock on major doors without inferiority. secondly u need to stop putting ur trust in man but in God. so many things u said that are just pin pointing ur problems but I can't address all. all d best

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by inemani: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
Sometimes one needs to go spiritual when everything seem stagnant! As a living being, you are supposed to be progressing physically, socially, career - wise, financially and every other aspect relative to growth.
As an African, the spiritual factor in every family cannot be overlooked. Start there, seek help to break such Yoke! You are in a YOKE broh! I recommend you visit SCOAN (TB JOSHUA) at Lagos or CMDM ( OMOTO FUFEYIN) at Warri for deliverance.
Do you believe in God's existence? If Yes, I guess the above advice would suffice

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by akaahs(m): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
Eyaaaaah, bro i can understand hw u feel as i used to be in ur shoes. Don't give up, don't lose hope, wake up and get up. Its time to befriend people whom have been self employed and learn their ways. Change ur thinking, ur approach and life style. If u need a job or need skills or need to start business, pick up ur and go through ur contacts, identify friends with experience in self employment and business and arranged a meeting with them today or walk up to any office u desire to work and offer to work as volunteer, mine is a construction site and believe me it work like magic. Stop waiting endlessly, do something.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
akaahs:
Eyaaaaah, bro i can understand hw u feel as i used to be in ur shoes. Don't give up, don't lose hope, wake up and get up. Its time to befriend people whom have been self employed and learn their ways. Change ur thinking, ur approach and life style. If u need a job or need skills or need to start business, pick up ur and go through ur contacts, identify friends with experience in self employment and business and arranged a meeting with them today or walk up to any office u desire to work and offer to work as volunteer, mine is a construction site and believe me it work like magic. Stop waiting endlessly, do something.
thanks Sir for your suggestions.
it is just that it is a pity i wasted too many years in the university studying without complementing with acquisition of relevant skills and work experience. now i feel completely empty, the people who taught me and whom i was studying with have all deserted me.
Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
inemani:
Sometimes one needs to go spiritual when everything seem stagnant! As a living being, you are supposed to be progressing physically, socially, career - wise, financially and every other aspect relative to growth.
As an African, the spiritual factor in every family cannot be overlooked. Start there, seek help to break such Yoke! You are in a YOKE broh! I recommend you visit SCOAN (TB JOSHUA) at Lagos or CMDM ( OMOTO FUFEYIN) at Warri for deliverance.
Do you believe in God's existence? If Yes, I guess the above advice would suffice
thank Sir for your advice

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by RiloKiley: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
CEEGNetworks:
please no insults. just drop your advice peacefully.
grin

i have not had sex for almost 30 years and counting
shocked

no cliches nor hommies.
already have 1st and 2nd degrees from naija universities. yet no skills. it is as if i have not aquired any knowledge/empty.
at times because of too much thinking, i lose ability to sleep for like 3 days straight.
i used to think of how i will survive if the people sponsoring or catering for me stops or are unable to.

i need help from from you guys (nairalanders) as to what to do, if there is still hope.
deep down i still believe there is alot to enjoy in this world. it is just that life has dealt me a serious blow.

i have limited network of buddies. no business associates, for God sakes now i ought to be in middle management.
i am someone who is loyal, i believe in collective success rather than individual success, someone who could stick to the task at hand until it is completed.

i have no Godfather or Godmother, no mentors ( the people who should have mentored me have always hated me and wished i failed in life).
nothing to smile about.
no woman or man in my life to say hello and encourage me since the days of yore.

why always me?
i am always overlooked and ignored when jobs, promotions are going to be given. why?

because of all these compounded problems i usually visit google as strange at it seems to ask question like when will i be on my own, get married or have a business.
it is not funny at all.
because of condition, every other parts of of my life has been affected negatively. if anyone sees me now they will not beleive i have been stagnated.

just like everyone else i desire to have a very good job, a business with steady income, get married, have kids and enjoy life like everyone else.

i also have dreams and aspirations to positively impact my immediate community and make the world a better place.

please help a friend.

Awwww cry

You sound like a melancholiac.

Do you have any hobbies? Any specific thing you enjoy doing?
Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by Richy4(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
I will suggest that u write all the things you want to do down and tag it goal to achieve from so and so time. give the achievable ones time frame
eg
December 2016, I will enroll for a driving lesson or

November, i will join a church group were i can help... u never can tell miss right might be there waiting for u...

I do not agree that u got no skill... all u need is to practice what u have learned from the university.. when u got the job...
Some People are passing similar situation worst than yours... I will suggest u don't turn picky.. just take up any employment that comes your way to put body and soul together until the right one comes...
Hey!.. be strong ok.. ..some will like to be in your shoes with two degrees..jusk hang in there...and keep applying...it will be cool one day
Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by mimitee: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
When you think your situation is bad and you hear some other people's nightmare you end up thanking God for your situation.

Sir, I am presently in almost a situation like you but I am determined not to reach your stage before I shame the devil . Your main problem now is you are low on confidence in your ability and you will be doubting yourself if you can do good or compete with your contemporaries.

Like you I currently have few friends in fact the little friends I have presently are more or less forcing themselves to be my friends because of the fear that I may end up doing the unthinkable or based on my previous good deeds to them . I had a very terrible upbringing as a product of broken relationship .

I don't sleep more than 2hours in a day for months now.

I have resolved to get a job with constant salary even if it is security job , be prudent with my salary ( I am very good with this) , have a good saving for like 6months , get a small vehicle for campus shuttle business and from there I will start putting my life back on track . Before the end of 2017 I will be running my personal business and I am sure and certain of this with God on my side.

I know I can do it and I will do it . You too can bro.

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by gidjah(m): 9:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
I think you have stigmatised your self with an indelible stenched aura,please bro, you need to get outside of that discomforting zone you quarantined for your self o!some of us(my self inclusive)have gone through this kinds of scenario ones upon a time ,but we thank god that we weren't overwhelmed,yes o, God has raised me far above most of my Contemporaries,though I am still oncourse, yet I am always on the running side.drop the self pity things,I really do like people drowning them selves in the murky watershed off life using their god-given tongues.[b][/b]
Re: What Should I Do? My Nightmare: A Cause For Concern. by Titilayooni(f): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
i created this account a new one for this purpose. i am going to be as real as possible. please no insults. just drop your advice peacefully.
i have just entered middle age yet if you see me for the first time you will think i am a jambite. there are many things a man should do at my age i have not done.
am yet to start a business.
no girlfriends
i have not been in a relationship
i have no disabilities
i have not driven a car
1000 job applications yet no one called me for interview
it now looks as if i have no friends
Today being TGIF another lonely weekend, when my mates are flexing in the clubs
and getting married on Saturdays.
nobody has ever looked at me as a mentor and say e.g you have this ability, you will be an engineer. except family members once in awhile but very rarely.
people hardly call to say there is a opportunity somewhere lets go for it.
i have not had sex for almost 30 years and counting.
no cliches nor hommies.

nothing to smile about.

why always me?

it is not funny at all.

please help a friend.

you really need to stop been depressed...you need to move closer to God,with the way u explained it...U need to tackle it from the spiritual angle. With fervent prayers and fasting GOD will order your steps and you will fufill your destiny IJN....Remember the word of God" Seek ye 1st the kingdom of God and its righteousness and EVERY OTHER THING(Job,connection,wife,finance,car,peace of mind)shall be added unto you. God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Is 700k Enough For A Wedding Introduction And Traditional Marriage In Nigeria / Fantastic Four!!! Adorable Photos Of Nigerian Quadruplets As They Turn 7 / Laminating A Marriage Certificate Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.