Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me (2411 Views)

Benue Killings: Herdsmen Agree To Cease Fire / Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me / Niger Delta Avengers Cease Attacks On Pipelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by fearNORTH: 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
Alcatraz003:

Do you want biafra or you want to have the right to beat your chest in Nigeria because of lies your uncle selling gala in Lagos has told you? Please igbos should choose.

You cant deceive anybody about your 2nd class status in Nigeria which you seek to escape by having Biafra.

You should be ashamed that the proceeds from gala and yoghurt are being used to buy up your family lands in Lagos thus forcing you to relocate to the hinterlands.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by Alcatraz003: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
fearNORTH:

Check my signature

I have seen it and it is the same chest beating. Like i said elsewhere, whatever makes igbo feel better is fine by us but ir does not change the reality on ground.

Our fervent plea is for igbos to stop the disturbances as it is in bad taste. If you want to leave, please do so quietly. This tantrums will further push igbos down the pecking order. Ijaw has already taken the slot of igbo as the 3rd most influential tribe in Nigeria.

Make igbos comot make we see road jaree.
Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by fearNORTH: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
Alcatraz003:

I have seen it and it is the same chest beating. Like i said elsewhere, whatever makes igbo feel better is fine by us but ir does not change the reality on ground.

Our fervent plea is for igbos to stop the disturbances as it is in bad taste. If you want to leave, please do so quietly. This tantrums will further push igbos down the pecking order. Ijaw has already taken the slot of igbo as the 3rd most influential tribe in Nigeria.

Make igbos comot make we see road jaree.

Then you should stop flaring your agbo-ravaged teeth if Igbos decide to leave quietly by declaring a sit at home protest.
Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by TVTKOKO(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
fearNORTH:

My signature is strictly for peeps like you.

You should be ashamed that your father is a tenant to an Igbo man.
lmao.. Lyk seriously?? Wow! I never knew igbos have bought the whole of Nigeria o o cheesy cheesy cheesy

Unfortunately,, where i come from,, we buy properties with real money (not cocaine or blood money)and not on the top of mouth and chest beating
Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by fearNORTH: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
TVTKOKO:
lmao.. Lyk seriously?? Wow! I never knew igbos have bought the whole of Nigeria o o cheesy cheesy cheesy

Unfortunately,, where i come from,, we buy properties with real money (not cocaine or blood money)and not on the top of mouth and chest beating

Money is money my friend....

Buruji Kashamu is spoon-feeling your fathers from the proceeds of drugs.
Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by Alcatraz003: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
fearNORTH:

Then you should stop flaring your agbo-ravaged teeth if Igbos decide to leave quietly by declaring a sit at home protest.

I can assure you that all those who opemed threads against it are not yorubas. I am tired of stating it, most yorubas dont really care. In fact yorubas support it due firstly to the fact that most yorubas detest Igbos, secondly, yorubas seek a decongestion of their land which is swelled by increased migration into the society we have built fpr ourselves.

So i can categorically tell you that yorubas support Igbos to go form Biafra. The main problem is the hausas who are scared for a reason i cant fathom while at the same time killing igbos at any slight opportunity. This angle is really confusing to sane minds why you kill a people and still hold them down.

I suspect its because of oil which is located in the South South region. Igbos however need to show more seriousness by making concrete moves to show they desire this biafra. There is a need for consensus building between rich and poor Igbos on the need to present a common front and project political will to actualize the objective.

Anything short of the foregoing will further compound the problem as Nigerians will continue to be suspicious of igbos being a group who do not share common values with them.
Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by HurtgenForest: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2016
Alcatraz003:

I can assure you that all those who opemed threads against it are not yorubas. I am tired of stating it, most yorubas dont really care. In fact yorubas support it due firstly to the fact that most yorubas detest Igbos, secondly, yorubas seek a decongestion of their land which is swelled by increased migration into the society we have built fpr ourselves.

So i can categorically tell you that yorubas support Igbos to go form Biafra. The main problem is the hausas who are scared for a reason i cant fathom while at the same time killing igbos at any slight opportunity. This angle is really confusing to sane minds why you kill a people and still hold them down.

I suspect its because of oil which is located in the South South region. Igbos however need to show more seriousness by making concrete moves to show they desire this biafra. There is a need for consensus building between rich and poor Igbos on the need to present a common front and project political will to actualize the objective.

Anything short of the foregoing will further compound the problem as Nigerians will continue to be suspicious of igbos being a group who do not share common values with them.

See thread below opened by a well known yoruba guy here:

Nigeria will never split. I love the igbos and despite their secessionist tendencies, I believe they are the major reasons why Nigeria will never split. This is because, unlike any other tribe in the country, the igbos are the most migrated. You will find them in droves in almost every state across the federation. Go to the most remote villages in the southwest, you'd find a reasonable number of igbos trading/residing and you'd even see some inter-marrying with the natives.. I have too many examples.

For any secession to take place, the igbos would have to first migrate in droves back to the southeast but the opposite is what we experience everyday. To back up my claim, Go to any lagos motor park in any south-eastern town/city and you will marvel at the number of people planning to travel down to lagos from there at any given day.

If it was left to the yorubas who are fully concentrated in the southwest with a negligible number of persons in other regions, secession or splitting will be a very easy thing to do as a referendum for secession will be easy to obtain from the yoruba people at any given period but same cannot be said for the Igbos as it currently stands.

I have to say this though, I believe the igbos create a sort of religion balance in the Nigerian system. This is very needed in the system as Nigeria will most likely be an islamic state without the igbos' major Christian population. I am a yoruba christain and will certainly not be comfortable with having the North and southwest as a country together without the inclusion of the Igbos. There are a reasonable number of Muslims in Yorubaland and I know that a southwest + North-only country will have the number of Muslims overshadow the Christians. The Islam religion with its usually overbearing tendencies (sorry) will want to lord it over minority Christians. I certainly won't be comfortable with this and i'm sure a lot of Yoruba christains won't be too. I seriously don't want to experience what it could be like for Nigeria without the Igbos.

God bless Nigeria. Nobody is going anywhere!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/2645916/igbos-reason-nigeria-never-split
Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by HurtgenForest: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
Alcatraz003:

Do you want biafra or you want to have the right to beat your chest in Nigeria because of lies your uncle selling gala in Lagos has told you? Please igbos should choose.

You cant deceive anybody about your 2nd class status in Nigeria which you seek to escape by having Biafra.

[size=20pt]Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians - Maxwell Adeyemi[/size]

Writing for Naij.com from Magodo, Lagos, Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye says the Yoruba youths are no longer making their valuable contributions to the political and cultural life in Nigeria. What can the Yoruba people do to restore lost influence? Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled “Dwindling Oil Revenue: What Next for Nigeria?” posited that today, despite the pitiful state of unemployment in Nigeria, ironically, the nation is still rated as the third destination of investors and one of the fastest-growing economy in the world. Raji noted that Nigeria is a golden land of numerous opportunities for those who are resourceful, ingenious, creative, innovative, inventive, groundbreaking, enterprising, hardworking, focused, visionary and, most significantly, disciplined.

Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today. I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth. The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities. The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners.

The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos. More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas. Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners. The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops. Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths. Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity. I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease. Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively.

In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013. The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D’Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself. Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP. Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son’s expected defeat.

Victorious Buhari’s teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman. In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.
Read more: https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html

Read more: https://www.naij.com/441183-yoruba-youths-have-lost-influence-respect-of-nigerians.html
Re: Igbos Won't Cease To Amaze Me by ificatchmodeh: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
Alcatraz003:
Igbos are now comic relief in Nigeria now jareeee. We just use them as stress relief.

The reality of this igbos chest beating is that most Nigerians are now tired of telling igbos how irrelevant and inconsequential they are in the grand scheme of things.

If igbos dont make conscious efforts to leave yoruba and hausa land enmasse, Nigerians will just see them as entertainers i.e mad people who display lunacy in the market square.

Igbos please leave Nigerian land to igbo land and see actualisation of biafra within six months.

What's you business with igbo?..thats their question..+r you keep fooling yourself on their thread..
Why can't you guys stay off this biafra..
Other tribe in nigeria don't even send the igbo's and their biafra..from the north to the Ijaws,and minorities down south..
My question is why are Yourba's more pained than other part of the country..
Is their matter free them..we all love one nigeria..but you can't stop them from their idea..even nairaland wans ban their activities but today they're still here.
My man free them..not must you comment..makes you feel insecure..and that's. Not the fact or are you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Excitement As IPOB Members Regain Freedom After 1 Year In Maximum Prison. Photos / Prophet Joshua Iginla Jets Out To America To Visit Family, Church / President Buhari Cannot Escape Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.