Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Physics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Physics (676 Views)

Fraud: Essential Physics Fourth Edition!! / Waec 2016 Specimen: Biology, Physics & Agric Practicals Here 09036067426 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physics by Ay92(m): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2016
let's discuss physics ideas, theories, formulas, questions and answers
Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2016
cc jimohibrahim
Re: Physics by jimohibrahim(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
Cool....I just hope I can get to learn mechanics better on here
And get to share my knowledge here too
Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
jimohibrahim:
Cool....I just hope I can get to learn mechanics better on here
And get to share my knowledge here too

I'm looking forward to it
Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
extracted from wiki

Mechanics is an area of
science concerned with the behaviour of
physical bodies when subjected to forces or
displacements, and the subsequent effects of the bodies on their environment. It is a branch of classical physics that deals with particles that are either at rest or are moving with velocities significantly less than the speed of light. It can also be defined as a branch of science which deals with the motion of and forces on objects. Mechanics is a branch of physics which looks at objects that are moved by forces (including other bodies, or forces of nature)

2 Likes

Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
the two main branches of mechanics are classical mechanics and quantum mechanics. We'll try and explain them one after the other

1 Like

Re: Physics by jimohibrahim(m): 2:09am On Sep 25, 2016
Ay92:
the two main branches of mechanics are classical mechanics and quantum mechanics. We'll try and explain them one after the other
Go on
Re: Physics by omotayo9177: 2:46am On Sep 25, 2016
Ay92:
following. im a physicist. shoutout to you guys
Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 5:08am On Sep 25, 2016
Classical mechanics is concerned with the set of physical laws describing the motion of bodies under the influence of a system of forces. The study of the motion of bodies is an ancient one, making classical mechanics one of the oldest and largest subjects in science, engineering and technology. It is also widely known as
Newtonian mechanics.Newton's three laws of motion are important to classical mechanics.
*The first law says that, if there is no external
force (meaning there is no pushing, gravity, or any sort of power), things that are stopped will stay stopped or un-moving, and things that are moving will keep moving. Before, people thought that things stopped if there was no force present. Often, people say,
Objects that are stopped tend to stay stopped, and objects that are moving tend to stay moving, unless acted upon by an outside force, such as gravity, friction, etc....
*The second law says how a force moves a thing. The net force on an object equals the rate of change of its momentum.
*The third law says that if one thing puts a force on another thing, the second thing also puts a force on the first thing. For example, if you jump forward off a boat, the boat moves backward. Often, people say, For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
*Other laws include
.Law of Conservation of Energy: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, and instead changes from one form to another; for example, mechanical energy turning into heat energy.
.Law of Conservation of Momentum: In the absence of external forces such as friction, when objects collide, the total momentum before the collision is the same as the total momentum after the collision.
.Bernoulli's Principle: Within a continuous streamline of fluid flow, a fluid's hydrostatic pressure will balance in contrast to its speed and elevation.

In our investigation of classical mechanics we shall study many different types of motion, including:
Translational motion--motion by which a body shifts from one point in space to another ( e.g., the motion of a bullet fired from a gun).
Rotational motion--motion by which an extended body changes orientation, with respect to other bodies in space, without changing position ( e.g., the motion of a spinning top).
Oscillatory motion--motion which continually repeats in time with a fixed period ( e.g., the motion of a pendulum in a grandfather clock).
Circular motion--motion by which a body executes a circular orbit about another fixed body [ e.g., the (approximate) motion of the Earth about the Sun].
Of course, these different types of motion can be combined: for instance, the motion of a properly bowled bowling ball consists of a combination of translational and rotational motion, whereas wave propagation is a combination of translational and oscillatory motion. Furthermore, the above mentioned types of motion are not entirely distinct: e.g., circular motion contains elements of both rotational and oscillatory motion.
Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 5:16am On Sep 25, 2016
omotayo9177:
following. im a physicist. shoutout to you guys
I'm glad to have you onboard, your contributions are highly welcomed
Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 5:21am On Sep 25, 2016
Kinematic Equations
In physics, kinematics is the part of classical mechanics that explains the movement of objects without looking at what causes the movement or what the movement affects.
1-Dimensional Kinematics

1-Dimensional (1D) Kinematics are used only when an object moves in one direction: either side to side (left to right) or up and down. There are equations with can be used to solve
problems that have movement in only 1
dimension or direction. These equations come from the definitions of velocity,
acceleration and distance.
1. The first 1D kinematic equation deals with acceleration and velocity. If acceleration and velocity do not change. (Does not need include distance)
Equation: V f = v i + a t
Vf is the final velocity.
vi is the starting or initial velocity
a is the acceleration
t is time - how long the object was accelerated for.
2. The second 1D kinematic equation finds the distance moved, by using the
average velocity and the time. (Does not need include acceleration)
Equation: x = ( ( V f + V i ) / 2 ) t
x is the distance moved.
V f is the final velocity.
t is time
3. The third 1D kinematic equation finds the distance travelled, while the object is accelerating. It deals with velocity, acceleration, time and distance. (Does not need include final velocity)
Equation: X f = x i + v i t + ( 1 / 2 ) a
t 2 is the final distance moved
x i is the starting or initial distance
a is the acceleration
t is time
4. The fourth 1D kinematic equation finds the final velocity by using the initial velocity, acceleration and distance travelled. (Does not need include time)
Equation: V f 2 = v i 2 + 2 a x
Vf is the final velocity
a is the acceleration
x is the distance moved

2-Dimensional Kinematics

2-Dimensional kinematics is used when motion happens in both the x-direction (left to right) and the y-direction (up and down). There are also equations for this type of kinematics. However, there are different equations for the x-direction and different equations for the y-direction. Galileo proved that the velocity in the x-direction does not change through the whole run. However, the y-direction is affected by the force of gravity, so the y-velocity does change during the run.
X-Direction Equations
Left and Right movement
1. The first x-direction equation is the only one that is needed to solve problems, because the velocity in the x-direction stays the same.
Equation: X = V x ∗ t
X is the distance moved in the x-direction
Vx is the velocity in the x-direction
t is time
Y-Direction Equations
Up and Down movement. Affected by gravity or other external acceleration
1. The first y-direction equation is almost the same as the first 1-Dimensional kinematic equation except it deals with the changing y-velocity. It deals with a freely falling body while its being affected by gravity. (Distance is not needed)
Equation: V f y = v i y − g t
Vfy is the final y-velocity
viy is the starting or initial y-velocity
g is the acceleration because of gravity which is 9.8 m / s 2
t is time
2. The second y-direction equation is used when the object is being affected by a separate acceleration, not by gravity. In this case, the y-component of the acceleration vector is needed. (Distance is not needed)
Equation: V f y = v i y + a y t
Vfy is the final y-velocity
a y is the y-component of the acceleration vector
t is the time
3. The third y-direction equation finds the distance moved in the y-direction by using the average y-velocity and the time. (Does not need acceleration of gravity or external acceration)
Equation: X y = ( ( V f y + V i y ) / 2 )
t
Xy is the distance moved in the y-direction
V fy is the final y-velocity
t is the time
4. The fourth y-direction equation deals with the distance moved in the y-direction while being affected by gravity. (Does not need final y-velocity)
Equation: X f y = X i y + v i y − ( 1 /
2 ) g t 2. Xf is the final distance moved in the y-direction
xiy is the starting or initial distance in the y-direction
v iy is the starting or initial velocity in the y-direction
g is the acceleration of gravity which is 9.8 m / s 2. t is time
5. The fifth y-direction equation deals with the distance moved in the y-direction while being affected by a different acceleration other than gravity. (Does not need final y-velocity)
Equation: X f y = X i y + v i y + ( 1 /
2 ) a y t 2 is the final distance moved in the y-direction
xiy is the starting or initial distance in the y-direction
v iy is the starting or initial velocity in the y-direction
t is time
6. The sixth y-direction equation finds the final y-velocity while it is being affected by gravity over a certain distance. (Does not need time)
Equation: V f y 2 = V i y 2 − 2 g x y
Vfy is the final velocity in the y-direction
V iy is the starting or initial velocity in the y-direction
g is the acceleration of gravity which is 9.8 m / s 2 or 32 f t / s 2. xy is the total distance moved in the y-direction
7. The seventh y-direction equation finds the final y-velocity while it is being affected by an acceleration other than gravity over a certain distance. (Does not need time)
Equation: V f y 2 = V i y 2 + 2 a y x y
Vfy is the final velocity in the y-direction
V iy is the starting or initial velocity in the y-direction
x y is the total distance moved in the y direction
Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 5:23am On Sep 25, 2016
mechanics is just too wide, so we'll have to entertain questions on classical mechanics before we proceed
Re: Physics by Ay92(m): 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
hello! are we still following

(1) (Reply)

UNN JUPEB Admission List 2016/2017 Released / Poly Ibadan National Diploma Cut Off Mark For 2016/2017 Admission / My First Time In Lagos ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.