Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG (26924 Views)

2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development / We Are Using Recovered Looted Funds To Finance 2017 Budget – FG / 2017 Budget: FG To Spend N100m On Kitchen Utensils For Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by AntiWailer: 10:41am On Sep 25, 2016
majekdom2:
Borrowing is out of it... borrowing to fund bullet proof cars and useless lifestyle of these politicians?? which wholly owned Nigerian asset is still functioning? It will fail brother as long as it is a "Nigerian" asset. Why some like NLNG are still functioning is because of the stakes of the IOC's, yet if only you know what those guys are going through. NNPC is still surviving because it is "oil"related. If they say it is to fund the budget i.e their lifestyle let's see what they will use and fund next year's own given that oil price will not go up anytime soon.

Even if we sell the national asset and they still buy bullet proof cars.

Borrowing this time is the best thing to do.

I agree with you on reasons why Nigeria Assets will fail. Reason i said. Partner Private organizations.

Arrange the stake to several organizations and retain a percentage that will make u av a say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2016
Dutchboy:

http://punchng.com/sale-national-assets-needed-fund-2016-budget-fg/

APC are a bunch of scammers!They plan on selling National Assets to fund the 2016 budget. Will they sell Nigerians into slavery to fund the 2017 Budget?This is the problem with Africans and the black man, inherently corrupt and short sighted.
Behind the scenes the arrangement has already been concluded and the price tag of $15 billion re-echoed by Dangote and CBN Governor Emefiele for the assets has been finalised.The conspiracy is now in the next stage to implement to sale regardless of the fact most Nigerians oppose it,that is why Buhari wants Emergency powers.
The money Dangote,Saraki,Wale Tinubu,David Mark that was exposed they were hiding in Panama Central America earlier this year through briefcase companies in the leaks to avoid paying taxes and storing their loot will be used to purchase the assets at rock bottom prices.
... Oh my God! When you think that you have heard it all. Where are the acclaimed "RECOVERED LOOTS" for Pete's sake?

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 25, 2016
GenBuhari:
The source is punchng not punch.
Are you an illiterate?Open the link and you are on the Punch website.

2 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Ugogenius(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2016
Itz ok, God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Paperwhite(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Thunder fire baba angry
shocked cheesy.Wetin happen again bro.? Guess that was the sweet melody you kept singing all along?
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2016
AntiWailer:

I agree with you on reasons why Nigeria Assets will fail. Reason i said. Partner Private organizations.

Arrange the stake to several organizations and retain a percentage that will make u av a say.
The National Assembly members are the highest paid members in the world.We can see the affluence of members like Dino Melaye that rubs his obscene wealth on social media in our faces courtesy of being a member of this elusive club. Not once did the National Assembly members suggest a cut in their salaries or constituency allowances that ranges between 120-160 million naira annually,that they usually embezzle.
Also,the Governors never made a suggestion that their security votes each month that ranges from 200-500 million depending on the state should be cut.They still continue to maintain 40 car convoys of the most luxury and expensive cars such Mercedes,BMW and Toyota Landcruisers.
If we sell all the proceeds will be used to maintain the ineffiencencies in the system and we will be back to square one. As long as Nigerian leaders are not ready to make any sacrifice,they can keep selling asset until there is nothing left to sell and nothing will still change.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/nigerian-lawmakers-are-the-highest-paid-in-the-world/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by onatisi(m): 10:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Well done buhari
Well done apc
Pls don't forget to sell the people too oooo

3 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by onatisi(m): 10:59am On Sep 25, 2016
They will sell some assets this year ,next year they will borrow and still sell more assets . By the time this government leaves office it will be a miracle of the nation debt portfolio doesn't reach 20 trillion

3 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by onatisi(m): 11:01am On Sep 25, 2016
Dutchboy:

They are selling assets to fund 2016 budget ,when the year has only 12 weeks to go!
Wonderful buhari
Marvelous apc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2016
AntiWailer:

with time, they will not have funds to buy bullet proof cars, they will result to high tax on individuals and bodies and sure you'd expect a revolution. Tho, tax and cost driven structure is a means to development but not in a country where recurrent expenditure is what it is as with Nigeria. @ bolded ; yes, some of this assets are in partnership with private firms i.e NLNG, yet, it is not as functional as it should be. Already, some of the IOC's are threatening to pull out of it. The main problem being contracting cycles and decision making.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by onatisi(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2016
This buhari government will be the worst government in the history of west Africa and if not Africa in general,their economic failures and the absolute stupidity of the dullard president will be used as case studies for many economics students in the years to come,the only bitter problem is the Nigerian masses that will suffer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by dancewith: 11:09am On Sep 25, 2016
This is so wrong. By my own calculations, subsidy removal should have generated billions of dollars in savings. What happened to that windfall? TSA also must have mopped up trillions of naira. Where are the money? This clearly is a guise to sell off juicy national wealth to a favoured few most of whom would be proxy to the real owners who no doubt would be our government officials. Shame

3 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by nkemjacob2(m): 11:10am On Sep 25, 2016
Oh Godd help dis country we have entered into the wrong leadership. In addition has apc recover all the stolen funds from obj, ameachi, tinubu, daziani, jonathan and wife, dangote, buratai, those havin asset abroad and within. Moreover are they suppose to sell national asset without publice vote?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Rilwayne001: 11:12am On Sep 25, 2016
ajepako:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Firefire wa gbo Rili aburo wa oh....

Aburo...pele jare....

Isnot a joking sturvz angry angry sad
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by mankand(m): 11:15am On Sep 25, 2016
The question is that, selling of national assets to fund 2016 budget in September/October 2016?

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Rilwayne001: 11:16am On Sep 25, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

you had other options, PDP and APC weren't the only party that had candidates contesting for President. you all were bamboozled and fooled by the same people who you were trying to run away from. 2015 really exposed how foolish and ignorant the masses were. But do I blame you people when history has been removed from the school curriculum? there is a popular saying that goes thus: a child who doesn't ask what killed his parents will also be killed by that same thing. those of us who saw this coming tried to warn you people but we were called names.... now look at were we all find ourselves! we're all in it together. true that, but the guilt is on you all who brought us all here!

Aside PDP and APC, which party did you vote for?
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by AntiWailer: 11:19am On Sep 25, 2016
Dutchboy:

The National Assembly members are the highest paid members in the world.We can see the affluence of members like Dino Melaye that rubs his obscene wealth on social media in our faces courtesy of being a member of this elusive club. Not once did the National Assembly members suggest a cut in their salaries or constituency allowances that ranges between 120-160 million naira annually,that they usually embezzle.
Also,the Governors never made a suggestion that their security votes each month that ranges from 200-500 million depending on the state should be cut.They still continue to maintain 40 car convoys of the most luxury and expensive cars such Mercedes,BMW and Toyota Landcruisers.
If we sell all the proceeds will be used to maintain the ineffiencencies in the system and we will be back to square one. As long as Nigerian leaders are not ready to make any sacrifice,they can keep selling asset until there is nothing left to sell and nothing will still change.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/nigerian-lawmakers-are-the-highest-paid-in-the-world/

I agree with u. In a time like this, sacrifices first before we start looking for more money.

My submission is just that while looking for more money, we should borrow and not sell National Assets out rightly.

If we borrow to fix refinery and sell 60% of Govt stake in all refineries.

The partners will drive it to profitability and Govt will make money back to service the loans.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by AntiWailer: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2016
majekdom2:
with time, they will not have funds to buy bullet proof cars, they will result to high tax on individuals and bodies and sure you'd expect a revolution. Tho, tax and cost driven structure is a means to development but not in a country where recurrent expenditure is what it is as with Nigeria. @ bolded ; yes, some of this assets are in partnership with private firms i.e NLNG, yet, it is not as functional as it should be. Already, some of the IOC's are threatening to pull out of it. The main problem being contracting cycles and decision making.

The partnership will fail as long as Govt still have controlling stake.

My advise is selling 60% of the stake and just wait for profitability

That way, Govt have no monopoly of decisions on such.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by amazingspiderma: 11:26am On Sep 25, 2016
Dutchboy:

I apologize,I was one the supporters of APC on nairaland during the Presidential elections. I thought Buhari was actually sincere,I fell for the APC scam,but now my eyes are opened.

The sad truth is that opening your eyes does not change anything right now. As an electorate your real power is expired, it lies in the polling unit,you have used it already.
A revolution will not work in a society like ours where every action is seen from a religious or tribal point of view.
Only pray that you survive the self inflicted hardships for the next few years, so that you vote right at the polling unit next time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Reference(m): 11:46am On Sep 25, 2016
What are they waiting for. They should be sold, period.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by ephi123(f): 11:46am On Sep 25, 2016
dancewith:
This is so wrong. By my own calculations, subsidy removal should have generated billions of dollars in savings. What happened to that windfall? TSA also must have mopped up trillions of naira. Where are the money? This clearly is a guise to sell off juicy national wealth to a favoured few most of whom would be proxy to the real owners who no doubt would be our government officials. Shame

Precisely

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by ephi123(f): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2016
Where are all the usual nairaland zombies? Shame will not let them talk. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2016
ephi123:
Where are all the usual nairaland zombies? Shame will not let them talk. Smh

The have all gone silent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Obynolee(f): 11:55am On Sep 25, 2016
Dutchboy:

I apologize,I was one the supporters of APC on nairaland during the Presidential elections. I thought Buhari was actually sincere,I fell for the APC scam,but now my eyes are opened.

It's too late bro,the damages have been done,let's enjoy it while it lasted.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by mankan2k7(m): 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
Sell and share d money among Nigerians and let us forget Nigeria once and for all
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Olaone1: 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
Na wa oo

Gbawe

OAM4J

Aresa undecided

3 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by bigfreak: 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
sultaan:
Well you can lay your hands on me, and you will say the blessings God has put in your heart.

If only you people will stop looking at APC/PDP and start looking at Nigeria you will be in a better shape when this hits the ground.

Go back to the farm tomorrow morning and stop wasting valuable data to spew APC/PDP feud messages.

Look up what is happening in Venezuela(Nigeria's problem worsen from self imposed embargo), Saudi's budget deficit.

Nigeria has been a welfare state for too long now its time for everyone to take care of his family not the party stalwart paying your stipend.

Those that go to the farm first will make money while commodity price is high, when everyone hits the farm food prices will fall because most will be self sufficient. Think how did Nigerians lived and flourish in the early 80's oil was $13/barrel and if you were not born by then good thing the young ones learn very fast

Funny thing is buhari was around in the early 80s. Disaster isn't supposed to happen twice but hey u fail to see the big picture

3 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by altitudee: 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
[b][/b]Read some comments and i was displeased at it.... The country is going through recession or whatever name they call it...I'm no supporter of any party(stating a fact)... in my own opinion, the problem at hand does not have anything to do with the Ruling or No Ruling Party, Past or Present. we are faced with individual problems, individual habits, individual character, individual goals, individual agenda, individual mindset and so on.
An individual is elected into a government office, before the election he/she promised Heaven and Earth but after the election he/she is no where to be found and then at the end of his/her tenure, he/she comes back to us with a bag of rice and tin milk, pleading for another tenure, after which we vote for that individual again..now at the end of both tenure we are told that he/she embezzled trillions of Naira and yet some people will still defend such person.
The solution to solve the present predicament is what we should be after not pointing fingers... Selling the National asset is liking to selling our Fathers sweat n our grand children inheritance...
If u were made the President of the Great Nation for just a day what will be your solution on the issue at hand?
Thanks.....
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by tonio2wo: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
Thieves!!! Ole!!! Ndioshi!!! Barawo!!!

Useless government of liars! angry

3 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by kudos4u(m): 12:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
Then the federal government is stupid grin

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by tonio2wo: 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
sultaan:
Well you can lay your hands on me, and you will say the blessings God has put in your heart.

If only you people will stop looking at APC/PDP and start looking at Nigeria you will be in a better shape when this hits the ground.

Go back to the farm tomorrow morning and stop wasting valuable data to spew APC/PDP feud messages.

Look up what is happening in Venezuela(Nigeria's problem worsen from self imposed embargo), Saudi's budget deficit.

Nigeria has been a welfare state for too long now its time for everyone to take care of his family not the party stalwart paying your stipend.

Those that go to the farm first will make money while commodity price is high, when everyone hits the farm food prices will fall because most will be self sufficient. Think how did Nigerians lived and flourish in the early 80's oil was $13/barrel and if you were not born by then good thing the young ones learn very fast

So i should go to the farm while money for the welfare package am to get as a citizen( good road, electricity, security, job, etc) is being squandered but the Idiots in power? If they want us to go to farm them they should stop any form of taxation on us and allow resource control to run. Period!

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by majalisa(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
Johnpaul88:
It is a right decision to sell off assets that have become liability to the government. No point in them being there and gulping billions of dollars in maintenance without yielding any dividend to the people it is meant to serve. It is not a popular decision but it is the right one.
and what stops them from changing those liabilities to assets?iwhat a retrogressive change!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje / Ministerial Appointments: No Going Back On Sep 30- Presidency / EFCC Recovers N4billion Cash From Ex-Niger State Deputy Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.