Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG (26916 Views)

2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development / We Are Using Recovered Looted Funds To Finance 2017 Budget – FG / 2017 Budget: FG To Spend N100m On Kitchen Utensils For Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by dam4wummy(m): 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
fund 2016 budget when we are already in 2017 abi how many months remain for this year to run out, cos I'm sure before they finish selling the assets the year would have run out.

When he was crying for not winning to serve The nation, one would have thought he really loved this country

5 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by kosasly(m): 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
jmoore:
2017- APC led government sells National assets to fund budget.

2018, what will they sell? Mumu government.
2018, they'll sell Nigeria Police Force and NYSC. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
cococandy:
i know it's not bad thing. But I don't trust him/his motives

I know but can we trust any Nigerian polititcian? undecided

Different topic.

Happy Sunday dear.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by cococandy(f): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

I know but can we trust any Nigerian polititcian? undecided

Different topic.

Happy Sunday dear.
Happy Sunday darl kiss

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by babababa1: 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
Asset sell off is a wise decision most great countries have taken. Each time I go to my State Capital and see a large expanse of land and buildings lying fallow and not put to productive use, I ask and wish Federal govt could give concession to states to own or ise those assets.

This link helps understand what happens in the global atmosphere on govt asset sell off.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21593458-advanced-countries-have-been-slow-sell-or-make-better-use-their-assets-they-are-missing
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by kehindetawede: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
May God save Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by chachanga: 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Paperwhite:
APC have reach the peak of their lies & cluelessness.What becomes of all the recovered,borrowed & all the media propaganda monies.By the time another government will unearth all APC's corruption in future time,Nigerians will surely curse the day they allow these crooks into our political space.#CHANGEISALLABOUTLIES&SCAM.

That will be the day of the ultimate revelation when those who staunchly supported them in their destructive tomfoolery will see themselves as the ultimate bastard-mongrels of the Nigerian stock!

Like my s/west friend patiently explained to me after using it on a bus driver, they are "awon weyrey jatijati"!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Asito(m): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
Destined2win:
Selling NATIONAL assets to fund budget?

What do we do with this nation.

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by CarroltonFarms: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
It's a shame the type of leaders we have in that country. I didn't know asset striping was one of the recovery step to get a country out of recession, in fact I'd never heard of it until now. All case studies of anti-recessionary policies I've heard of never included selling of assets! This is what you get when you get a commercial banker as the CBN Governor, they are running the country's economy like a freaking limited partnership!What happened to monetary policy and fiscal policy? What happened to the borrowing power of the of the FG? If we sell those assets now, what happens next time there's a recession? Sell FG's Taxing rights to a private company? I have a lot of respect for Mr. Dangote, but I don't believe he's a monetary policy expert or an Economist and his suggestion is not in the interest of the people --on this matter.

With all due respect, the FGN has more tools in it's arsenal than any business entity and also more responsibility to more people than any business, and should not be thinking like or taking advice from a businessman! If Mr. Dangote were to be sincere in his advice to the presidency, he should be telling them that no business will survive if it spends two third of it's budget on it's board members--our elected officials! But he didn't, maybe because they are his friends and allies? Or maybe because he's counting on them to approve his bid for the national assets of his choosing in the closed to 99.9999% of Nigerians auctions of our national assets they are planning!

Mr President, I've heard you do not take kindly to being told what to do even if it's the right thing, I can understand that. But in this dire moment, you need to make changes! The monetary policy or the lack of one has failed your administration, one might even think that that's what exacerbated this crisis. The CBN governor needs to be replaced. Seek advice from people other than those surrounding you that seems to be more interested in self enrichment by any means possible than safe guarding the future and hope that is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by olash007: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
Dottore:
Obasanjo sold NITEL
GEJ sold NEPA
Buhari wants to sell NLNG

His successor will Sell Coal Corporation, Water Corporation, Railway Corporation and others till it will remain to sell Aso Rock especially as we have started hearing about its house rent and so, then they will sell Government Houses and eventually Local Government Secretariats. Who knows one day government workers will be placed in batches for auction and sales.
Very mysterious country.

Bros transfer market no dey open for September na. Wait till January, they will sell d nation. Chelsea was nowhere until Roman Abramovich bought it.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by solreb: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
As far as I am concerned, it makes business sense to sell nonperforming assets like the refineries. No need to get sentimental about that. What is important is that the proceeds from such transactions be used to divers the economy and create wealth. Businesses sell any of their units to achieve objectives for greater good of the company. A number of people here just get sentimental negatively about APC and Buhari's government. Can anyone please tell me that he will continue to pump money on business units that continue to generate losses (like the refineries) just because they want the business units in their legacy?
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by ibietela2(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
Dutchboy:

I apologize,I was one the supporters of APC on nairaland during the Presidential elections under a different moniker. I thought Buhari was actually sincere,I fell for the APC scam,but now my eyes are opened.

You must be Passingshot

2 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
ibietela2:

You must be Passingshot
No, I am Dutch.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by CarroltonFarms: 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
solreb:
As far as I am concerned, it makes business sense to sell nonperforming assets like the refineries. No need to get sentimental about that. What is important is that the proceeds from such transactions be used to divers the economy and create wealth. Businesses sell any of their units to achieve objectives for greater good of the company. A number of people here just get sentimental negatively about APC and Buhari's government. Can anyone please tell me that he will continue to pump money on business units that continue to generate losses (like the refineries) just because they want the business units in their legacy?

But they are not talking about non performing assets now are they? They are talking about a cash cow! The golden goose if I might say. The NLNG is probably one of the most critical government asset still standing with so much potential for the future. Believe they don't want to buy the refineries, it's probably outdated (technology-wise), and whomever buys the refineries would probably strip it, find out what happened with delta steel.

Also another point of correction, a country is not a business! Any country that operates like a business will surely meet it's demise sooner rather than later. If Nigeria was a business, they would have forfeited their rights to taxation among many other rights, long ago, as they have neither provided security nor sovereign dignity as would contractually be obligated by the constitution. Companies exist solely to make profits, and profits is the least of the a country's goal.

Most importantly, in a country of over 160 million people, why do we spend over 2/3 of our yearly budget on less than 2 million people--the number of our civil servants and elected officials at all levels put together?

2 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by 1stdammy: 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
PentiumProf:

You spoke my mind
Is it 2016 that is coming to an end that they are funding it's budget
Apc and buhari are bunch of fools
They will tell you 2016 budget runs till May/June 2017 or thereabout............stupid people, so calous

3 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Yagba: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
... Take over the oil wells from those lazy money-makers and rake in the money.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by naija247: 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
They make it sound like selling things like refineries is like selling bags of rice. How long do they think it will take from the bidding process to the payment? Yet they want to fund 2016 budget, even if the budget runs to May 2017, it leaves them with less than 8 months to look for buyers. From past experiences these sort of things take time.

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by jamesjoel142(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
This is exactly what APC have done to Nigerians

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by BigIyanga: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
Selling national assets to fund a budget that's is 70% recurrent expenditure? This is an MVP govt of profligacy!!
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by mrsiso(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
Government should do normal. Selling country's asset isn't the way forward but another gymicks to enrich some few Nigerians who already own the country. Afterall, the I belong to everybody slogan wasn't even his so why believe what they say. Lots of properties have been seized by EFCC why not auction them or even allow Nigerians own these assets by way of selling shares to us. Funding 2016 budget in September is another funny thing I can't comprehend, will there be a budget for 2017?
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by olumidazz: 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
Why not sell this stupid democracy back to the military. It's the only option available

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by brideman: 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
well may be our politicians have started dividing the country and its assets
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by BigIyanga: 2:08am On Sep 26, 2016
We warned them and their zombie followers that the budget was unrealistic and unlikely to be funded, they called us names and refused to say how they were going to fund the budget.
They said that non-oil sector was going to fund over 80% of the budget, now they're saying that they want to sell oil assets to fund the budget. So you passed a budget without knowing your source of funding??

1 Like

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by davidif: 2:23am On Sep 26, 2016
Dutchboy:

http://punchng.com/sale-national-assets-needed-fund-2016-budget-fg/

APC are a bunch of scammers!They plan on selling National Assets to fund the 2016 budget. Will they sell Nigerians into slavery to fund the 2017 Budget?This is the problem with Africans and the black man, inherently corrupt and short sighted.
Behind the scenes the arrangement has already been concluded and the price tag of $15 billion re-echoed by Dangote and CBN Governor Emefiele for the assets has been finalised.The conspiracy is now in the next stage to implement to sale regardless of the fact most Nigerians oppose it,that is why Buhari wants Emergency powers.
The money Dangote,Saraki,Wale Tinubu,David Mark that was exposed they were hiding in Panama Central America earlier this year through briefcase companies in the leaks to avoid paying taxes and storing their loot will be used to purchase the assets at rock bottom prices.

What's wrong with selling national assets? we did it with NEPA and NITEL.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by MDOLOFU: 3:31am On Sep 26, 2016
2016 or 2017? We are almost at d end of September 3month to go n u need to sel to found 3month? APC ooo 2017 u will sel some state
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by obaaderemi: 4:46am On Sep 26, 2016
Dutchboy:

I apologize,I was one the supporters of APC on nairaland during the Presidential elections under a different moniker. I thought Buhari was actually sincere,I fell for the APC scam,but now my eyes are opened.
Buhari is just as corrupt as any of the past leaders but if jonathan had been left there he couldnt have done well too.the ruling class is corrupt.the mistake people will make in2019 is to bring pdp back instead of looking 4 another party
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by EternalTruths: 4:53am On Sep 26, 2016
CarroltonFarms:
It's a shame the type of leaders we have in that country. I didn't know asset striping was one of the recovery step to get a country out of recession, in fact I'd never heard of it until now. All case studies of anti-recessionary policies I've heard of never included selling of assets! This is what you get when you get a commercial banker as the CBN Governor, they are running the country's economy like a freaking limited partnership!What happened to monetary policy and fiscal policy? What happened to the borrowing power of the of the FG? If we sell those assets now, what happens next time there's a recession? Sell FG's Taxing rights to a private company? I have a lot of respect for Mr. Dangote, but I don't believe he's a monetary policy expert or an Economist and his suggestion is not in the interest of the people --on this matter.

With all due respect, the FGN has more tools in it's arsenal than any business entity and also more responsibility to more people than any business, and should not be thinking like or taking advice from a businessman! If Mr. Dangote were to be sincere in his advice to the presidency, he should be telling them that no business will survive if it spends two third of it's budget on it's board members--our elected officials! But he didn't, maybe because they are his friends and allies? Or maybe because he's counting on them to approve his bid for the national assets of his choosing in the closed to 99.9999% of Nigerians auctions of our national assets they are planning!

Mr President, I've heard you do not take kindly to being told what to do even if it's the right thing, I can understand that. But in this dire moment, you need to make changes! The monetary policy or the lack of one has failed your administration, one might even think that that's what exacerbated this crisis. The CBN governor needs to be replaced. Seek advice from people other than those surrounding you that seems to be more interested in self enrichment by any means possible than safe guarding the future and hope that is Nigeria.

When will you apply your education to good use

CBN never proposed sales of Nigerian assets

You sound like a person from a particular part of Nigeria known for their educated illiteracy.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by EternalTruths: 4:54am On Sep 26, 2016
Dutchboy:

Tell us the moniker.

2 Likes

Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by mindtricks: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2016
Yes, it is a very welcome idea that in the face this recession we sell our National Assembly, especially this set who majority continually shout change but continue to deliver shame and poverty.

We should sell our National Assembly who keep getting paid fat amounts as if we are in a state of economic boom, they are our National Liabilities and are what we should sell, NOT sell our National Assets!
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by tonyobj(m): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2016
The Nigerian government is now legalizing money laundering.
Shouting loud and clear...

Come let's help you wash your stolen dirty money.
Come buy a national asset.
Come as an individual.
Come as a consortium.
Come one come all.

Hurry while stock lasts.
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Speaker051: 7:37am On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 26, 2016
obaaderemi:
Buhari is just as corrupt as any of the past leaders but if jonathan had been left there he couldnt have done well too.the ruling class is corrupt.the mistake people will make in2019 is to bring pdp back instead of looking 4 another party
for me oo, I think PDP has more to prove to Nigerians to correct their past wrongs than any other party if voted into power. if Jonathan had biyn there, we won't have been this backward by now, am vouching for anybody but that's an obvious fact. We all know that wisdom comes from knowledge n experience. PDP has the experience, so I would rather vote for PDP candidate has good academic knowledge n experience. than any other party who don't know fadin about presidential leadership, cos they will still be figuring it out by using Nigeria as an experiment of trial and error, as apc is doing now. But if we don't want to go back to PDP again, my fellow Nigerians we should look for candidate that has good knowledge about leadership, sound academically, mostly important economic wise and of course experience is a plus as well. APC is never the way to go, I didn't do it last presidential election, talk more of now they re proving what was said about them during the elections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Road Named After Ellen Johnson Sirleaf In Imo Commissioned By Okorocha (Photos) / Pdp Convention Those Who Absconded Should Not Come And Inherit Our Party : Mark / Fayose, Saraki, Atiku Attend Meeting Of Presidential Campaign Council In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.