Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola (2878 Views)

Top 10 States With The Most Handsome Men In Nigeria – Do You Agree? / Every Girl Mastur-bates..how True Is This Statement??? / "We Date This And Marry This": Guys, Do You Agree With This Pic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by kayo80(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
During the course of a recent interview, fast rising Nollywood actress, Bolaji Ogunmola said...

"If a man has all the prospects but poor, then his goal at that time should be finding money and not a woman."

Ladies and gentlemen, do you agree with this statement?

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
100% correct.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by kayo80(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
100% correct.

Okay. I would love to hear from other people on here too.
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
kayo80:

Okay. I would love to hear from other people on here too.

Only people with sense will agree. But boys who think with their balls won't.

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by kayo80(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Only people with sense will agree. But boys who think with their balls won't.

Wait, so you mean a poor man has no rights dating at all?
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
kayo80:

Wait, so you mean a poor man has no rights dating at all?

Is that what the quote said? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by Laveda(f): 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
I agree, that should be his top priority tho it won't be a bad idea if there's a sensible and understanding woman by his side. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by zicoraads: 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
Laveda:
I agree, that should be his top priority tho it won't be a bad idea if there's a sensible and understanding woman by his side. smiley
Werin do BBM? tongue
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by zicoraads: 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
She is right. If you can't get your woman the basic niceties, your goal should be making money, not chasing after women. Get the money and it'll be them doing the chasing.
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by kayo80(m): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Is that what the quote said? undecided

It might imply that. What do you understand about the quote?
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
To deviate a bit from the premise of this post. I am really not all that comfortable with the way the Bolaji framed her statement, where she stated that "every man's aim should be finding money and not women." And the fact that money and women are used comparatively in the same sentence, is a bit disconcerting. As if women are a treasure that every rich man should find, after finding another equal treasure, in money.
It sort of dehumanizes women and degrades them to precious objects that only men who are financially comfortable should seek for.

I believe society sort of has this distorted view on marriage, which is heavily influenced by religion, where women are basically trophies to be won or acquired by powerful and wealthy men, and I am not entirely against this view, but I think in a modern era which we currently exist in, we should try to change our views on marriage. Marriage should be seen as a partnership enterprise between two equal humans, who are affectionately oriented towards each other, not a "strictly men" ultimate search, with a woman as the ultimate treasure.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
Who's she angry
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
kayo80:

It might imply that. What do you understand about the quote?

It didn't say don't date, but if he doesn't have any gf dating shouldn't be his priority.

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2016
zicoraads:
She is right. If you can't get your woman the basic niceties, your goal should be making money, not chasing after women. Get the money and it'll be them doing the chasing.

What do you mean by "get your woman the basics niceties "? undecided
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:
To deviate a bit from the premise of this post. I am really not all that comfortable with the way the writer framed her post, where she stated that "every man's aim should be finding money and not women" and the fact that money and women are used comparatively in the same sentence. As if women are a treasure that every rich man should find, after finding another equal treasure, in money.
It sort of dehumanizes women and degrades them to precious objects that men who are financially comfortable seek for.

I believe society sort of has this distorted view on marriage, which is heavily influenced by religion, where women are basically trophies to be won or acquired by powerful and wealthy men, and I am not entirely against this view, but I think in a modern era which we currently exist in, we should try to change our views on marriage. Marriage should be seen as a partnership enterprise between two equal humans, who are affectionately oriented towards each other, not a "strictly men" ultimate search, with a woman as the ultimate treasure.

A female who wants to be seen as a trophy will be seen as such.
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by kayo80(m): 8:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hmm! In the end, it's a man's world. Just get the money, and you will enjoy life to the fullest. Really, in this world, money is one of the most important things to have.
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by zicoraads: 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

What do you mean by "get your woman the basics niceties "? undecided
Anniversaries...Birthdays...little presents. Surprises...dinner. Outings. Ain't those basics? tongue
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by DozieInc(m): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
there is some truth in what she said, but, should been poor stop someone from pursuing a relationship with the opposite sex?? My answer is NO, I believe some things in life dont follow a particular sequence.

I know a man that married poor, infact rice with palm oil was a regular meal, but that was more than 15yrs ago, today the man gives out cars like its nothing, now what would your advice to that man 15yrs back ?? to chase money first??

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
zicoraads:

Anniversaries...Birthdays...little presents. Surprises...dinner. Outings. Ain't those basics? tongue

....and which rule says only the man can/should initiate this?
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by kayo80(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:
To deviate a bit from the premise of this post. I am really not all that comfortable with the way the Bolaji framed her statement, where she stated that "every man's aim should be finding money and not women," and the fact that money and women are used comparatively in the same sentence. As if women are a treasure that every rich man should find, after finding another equal treasure, in money.
It sort of dehumanizes women and degrades them to precious objects that only men who are financially comfortable should seek for.

Gold medal for you sir. Your comment is golden.
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by zicoraads: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

....and which rule says only the man can/should initiate this?
Did I say only he should? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
zicoraads:

Did I say only he should? undecided

Your statement implied it undecided
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
ewwww! #stretchmarks

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by zicoraads: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Your statement implied it undecided
Is it then my fault if you inferred wrongly? You need English lessons tongue

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

A female who wants to be seen as a trophy will be seen as such.

The issue of choice is a rather different ball game entirely, and doesn't really feed into this. How we perceive ourselves isn't actually an independent, conscious, well contemplated decision we arrive at. Most times, this perception is a precise product of conditioning. Studies have shown that self perception is heavily a product of conditioning. Most females don't decide to see themselves as trophies, they are conditioned by society to see themselves as trophies. And statements like Bolaji's, which usually go unexamined and exciorated, help nourish this negative conditioning.

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
Xensity:

The issue of choice is a rather different ball game entirely, and doesn't really feed into this. How we perceive ourselves isn't actually an independent, conscious, well contemplated decision we arrive at, most times, this perception is a precise product of conditioning. Studies have shown that self perception is heavily a product of conditioning. Most females don't decide to see themselves as trophies, they are conditioned by society to see themselves as trophies. And statements like Bolaji's, which usually go unexamined and exciorated, help nourish this negative conditioning.

What do you mean by conditioned to see themselves as trophies?... I believe everyone has a choice to make, you can decide to go with or against societies "conditioning".
The statement from the actress is not only reasonable but logical. If you feel as a guy you have potentials to be great, that your goal, instead of chasing girls upandan and counting sexcapades... That's what I believe she meant by that statement.
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
zicoraads:

Is it then my fault if you inferred wrongly? You need English lessons tongue

School me, professor undecided
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by Laveda(f): 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
zicoraads:

Werin do BBM? tongue

tongue
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by FvckShiT(m): 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
angry Fūck yés
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by zicoraads: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

School me, professor undecided
School you? Young lad, trust me, you really can't afford my services cool tongue
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
zicoraads:

School you? Young lad, trust me, you really can't afford my services cool tongue

Me?... Young lad?..... your brain has gone soft undecided
Re: Do You Agree With This Statement From Nollywood Actress, Bolaji Ogunmola by safarigirl(f): 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
She's right. Nothing annoys me more than seeing a young, struggling man looking to set up relationships with women

As far as i'm concerned, women are a distraction you simply don't need until you're mature in mind and finance. This means that men without stable income and small boys should stay away from women.

So, in addition to not being financially stable, if you're not at least old enough to take alcohol in every country of the world, even if you're a rich boy, you shouldn't be in a committed relationship because more often than not, small boys suck at money management and most girls following those small boys are gold diggers (cc Alex Iwobi and the albino he's dating )

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Can Answer This Riddle? / Wynerz Love Doctor. Do you need a extremely handsome sugar boy. / Am Shocked!! My Student Just Told Me Her Uncle Rapes Her Often..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.