Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. (17606 Views)

Side Chick Attends Her Boyfriends' Church Wedding In Her Wedding Gown(video) / Man Cancels Wedding In Anambra, A Day To D-Day After He Caught Fiancée Cheating / If Your Spouse Ex Brings This Range-Rover On Your Wedding Day (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 12:35am On Sep 25, 2016
Today I really want to write on a very sensitive issue as regards the emotional torture many ladies go through in the hands of guys who use recession or lack of funds as an excuse for not wanting to take the bold step.

Do you know that most times when a guy of marriageable age says "i'm not ready" what he is actually saying is that he is not financially buoyant at the moment to have a grand wedding ceremony and not that he is not ready for marriage proper.
It is quite amazing that many ladies of marriageable ages find it so convenient to be used as unmarried wives by guys in the name of lack of financial readiness and the lady will even support the guy's stands yet he is always ready to do what a husband does to a wife on the lady and she will gladly play along hoping that when the guy is finally ready, he will marry her.

Most ladies tend to realize too late how foolish they have been because in many cases, the guy in question usually dumps them for another lady when "he is finally ready" after doing them in a reckless manner...

So what exactly can be done to remedy the situation expecially during this very difficult times of economy turbulence?

Yes there are some people who have the money to organize very lavish wedding ceremony and this piece is not for those set of people but it is for the majority of ladies out there who dream of a very flamboyant wedding and all the razzmatazz that comes with it yet have a guy who can't afford such flamboyant wedding at the moment.

I can't seem to understand the rationale behind the flambouyant wedding ceremony culture of Nigerians and despite the economy situatiob,many ladies still make it a do or die affair when it comes to having a grand wedding even when citizens of countries with good economy only go for a low key wedding but what many Nigerian ladies should knoew is that most expensive weddings you see in Nigeria are sponsored

Nevertheless it is the dream of most ladies to have a grand wedding and every man owes his woman one but who says you can't have a grand wedding when the funds are available?, must you wait until you have big money for a grand wedding before getting married?, does it not make sense to find a way around an expensive wedding for the time being and settle for a low key one rather than continue to allow a man use you in the name of courtship or lack of readiness?

My point is this; Most guys don't ever think about marriage as long as they are enjoying the benefits of a married man so If you have a man who claims to love and desire you and you also desire him please stop wasting time and stop getting used and do the needful as long as both of you are bringing something to the table and he has a decent apartment of his own.

1.Do a decent introduction
2 Let him pay a decent bride price on you.
3.Go to the registry.
4.Settle down as a couple and start a life together.
5.Build your life and save up for a grand wedding.

You may say I'm blabbing but the truth is that i have heard of many guys who dumped ladies that have waited so long for them and i have also heard of ladies who left a man they desire and who also desires them because there is a guy somewhere who seem to be ready for a grand wedding ceremony. Be with a man you truly desire and who also wants you and understand that true wealth is progressive and not sudden and it is better to have a low key wedding for the time being than allowing one guy to use you as an unmarried wife and probably dump you for another lady whenever he is ready to have a grand wedding ceremony.

I hope this makes sense.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 12:52am On Sep 25, 2016
laveda you never sleep?
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Laveda(f): 12:55am On Sep 25, 2016
In a way you made sense today. undecided

Sometimes, the fault is usually from the woman, they wanna do things above their level, they want theirs to be like that of the others forgetting their financial status hence going to lend and do all of that. undecided

If your man has a good house and a source of steady income, there's actually no need setting your eyes on that "high key" wedding, afterall its just a one day thing..

But then, this shouldn't make them rush into marriage if the man says he isn't ready.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Laveda(f): 12:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Toks2008:
laveda you never sleep?

Lol about to.
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 12:59am On Sep 25, 2016
Laveda:
In a way you made sense today. undecided

Sometimes, the fault is usually from the woman, they wanna do things above their level, they want theirs to be like that of the others forgetting their financial status hence going to lend and do all of that. undecided

If your man has a good house and a source of steady income, there's actually no need setting your eyes on that "high key" wedding, afterall its just a one day thing..

But then, this shouldn't make them rush into marriage if the man says he isn't ready.

lol! that phrase made sense today got me cracked up..the truth is that I always make sense but it all depends on how you interprete my threads.

Nevertheless as long as the lack of readiness is not hinged on lack of funds no wahala.

Btw you look sweet in that dp.

6 Likes

Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Laveda(f): 1:00am On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Laveda(f): 1:02am On Sep 25, 2016
Toks2008:

lol! that phrase made sense today got me cracked up..the truth is that I always make sense but it all depends on how you interprete my threads.

Nevertheless as long as the lack of readiness is not hinged on lack of funds no wahala.

Btw you look sweet in that dp.
Lol not all the time.

I'll tell her, good night. smiley
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 1:04am On Sep 25, 2016
Laveda:

Lol about to.

I had a siesta so I am so awake.

Odaro
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 25, 2016
Just go to court, pay 40k and you're married. Simple! undecided

1 Like

Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Just go to court, pay 40k and you're married. Simple! undecided

Not that simple dude..you need to pay her bride price too to be qualified as truly married according to culture and tradition of the land

11 Likes

Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toks2008:

Not that simple dude..you need to pay her bride price too to be qualified as fully married according to culture and tradition of the land
dude? Don't piss me off undecided.....now I get it smiley
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
ItsQuinn:
dude? Don't piss me off undecided.....now I get it smiley

Wettin dey worry you? Berrer calm down cos today na sunday.
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toks2008:

Wettin dey worry you? Berrer calm down cos today na sunday.
you called me a dude undecided
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
ItsQuinn:
you called me a dude undecided

Abi nah damsel you be?

Your user ID is not gender specific tho.
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toks2008:

Abi nah damsel you be?

Your user ID is not gender specific tho.
okay my apologies, now you know I'm a female
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by dollyjoy(f): 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ok,noted.
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by ILoveToFuCcK: 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
Bro toks what about how to fast-track my fυcking escapades during recession? cry sad
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
ILoveToFuCcK:
Bro toks what about how to fast-track my fυcking escapades during recession? cry sad

See user name...God have mercy .

2 Likes

Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
ItsQuinn:
okay my apologies, now you know I'm a female

Not sure yet o.
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toks2008:

Not sure yet o.
but please don't call me dude next time okay, thanks smiley
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
grin OK edud

ItsQuinn:
but please don't call me dude next time okay, thanks

1 Like

Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Toks2008(m): 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lalasticlala I believe this is good enough for a wider view.
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by aninexzy(m): 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
U're on point bruh!
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by JoanJohnson(f): 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
True
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
cool
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by kennyblaze007(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lol...So true
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by weblord1900: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by 9jaAngryChild: 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
so True
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by babyfaceafrica: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lolz
Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
If you ain't cool with lowkey wedding.....just carry your wahala and go

3 Likes

Re: Fast-Tracking Your Wedding in the wake of Economy Recession. by ladyflair: 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
Op, you are right on point... That's exactly my plans.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Love Realy Fades Away? / Ladies, Can You Fight Over A Man? : Vote / Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.