Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? (14827 Views)

Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Is Restitution Necessary For Repentance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes:

I know you're just faithfully relaying what you've been told by your pastors in bible school or something.

You may not know this, but protestantism is actually a form of heresy. Google is there. Use it. Better still, read the writings of the early Church Fathers.

The Catholic Church is a pagan organization according to you?

Then I wonder what you're doing quoting a book compiled by a pagan organization?

The just may live by faith, but nowhere does it state in the bible that justification or salvation is by faith ALONE.

I challenge you to bring out that verse. Take your time.

Nobody told me anything. I read and found out for myself.

You're right. Catholic Jesuits have permeated protestant churches and perverted protestantism. But GOD still has a people on earth who would not bow to baal.

The Bible was not written by Catholic priests. The canons of the Bible were compiled when the Church had not gone into apostasy.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tete7000(m): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You can call Martin Luther whatever you want, but that does not change the fact that he was instrumental in exposing the catholic church for all to see. The catholic church practised paganism in the name of christianity, and hid the Bible from the people. Thank GOD for Martin Luther, the hero of protestantism.

The Just shall live by faith, okay? Sola Fide!

The Catholic church is not a Christian organization: it is a pagan organization. Virtually all they practise today have no root in the Bible.

Open your eyes!

If you are not a member of the Lutheran church and you believe this much in Martin Luther, I should ask you why? Your not being in that church will be a height of hypocrisy on your part. Your man that exposed catholic hypocrisy formed the Lutheran Church.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
tete7000:

There is nothing to be astonished about. I know well about the church and even teach the faith to others. It is ignorants like you that should come and learn.

You know well about the church? Are you sure? Do you know who the adulterous woman of Revelation 17 and the Babylon of Revelation 18 is? You need to know more.

If reading the Bible and living by it is what you call ignorance, then I'm happy being ignorant, 'cos I know it will lead me into Heaven.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
tete7000:

If you are not a member of the Lutheran church and you believe this much in Martin Luther, I should ask you why? Your not being in that church will be a height of hypocrisy on your part. Your man that exposed catholic hypocrisy formed the Lutheran Church.

You're wrong. Luther did not form any church. Luther simply disagreed with the Catholic church because He read the Bible! Immediately Luther wrote his theses and published them, the church declared him a heretic and started hunting him.

When did Luther have time to start a church? Is it in the prison dungeon where the Catholic church put him? Or is it before the abominable seat of the pope where He defended the Bible? Or is it at the stake where the Catholic church burned him alive?

You need to read more.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The word "baptism" is gotten from the Greek word "baptizo" which means to immerse, or submerge, especially in water. It follows then that the only method of baptism is by immersion, or else you're not doing baptism.

One criterion for baptizing an individual is that s/he must be taught Christ's commandments, and s/he must understand, and s/he must be willing to be baptized. Now, how can you teach an infant the Bible? Can the baby understand that Jesus is Lord? Did the baby give its consent to baptism?

Can you point out a single instance where someone was "baptized" by sprinkling in the Bible? Please, research on these things and find out for yourself.

...and of course you're relaying faithfully the second error of protestantism which is sola scriptura, scripture alone.

There are copious writtings that show that infant baptism was practised amongst the early Christians. Is there anywhere in the bible that specifically forbids baptism by sprinkling or infant baptism?

If there is please show us.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Davidblen(m): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
noblefada:

It's not always good to have half truths or not to be knowledgeable about things concerning the faith. So of rely on hearsay or half truths, if you're truly interested in knowing about Baptism, please go to web address www.livingworldmedia.org and download the message "Baptism and the Communion table", it is free of charge, it will tell you all you need to know and much more.

And for the records, Jesus Christ NEVER baptized anyone with WATER and did not ask anyone to!
"1Cor 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect".

Thanks For The Website But The Verse U Put Says 'To Preach The Gospel' But We Are Talking About Salvation
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Amaga(m): 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I'm actually pained that the Catholic Church is leading millions into hell. ALL her teachings are false and without biblical bases.

I'm grateful to GOD that we have the Bible, anyways. The Catholic church tried to hide the Bible from the people, so that she can hold absolute sway on matters of doctrine. She knows that should the people read the Bible, she'd be exposed. The church burned many copies of the Bible and killed the people that tried to translate the Bible from the obscure Latin to English and other languages; people like Tyndale and Luther. The Word of GOD is a lamp and a light(Psa. 119:105). It's entrance brings light and understanding(Psa. 119:130).

Thank GOD we have the Bible today, and that we have the opportunity to read and live our lives according to GOD's word, and not according to the traditions of men.

I wanted to have a theological discussion with you about the Catholic church but won't because of the following reasons:
1. You said ALL her teachings are false. This is untrue and tells me you have a closed mind.
2. You said the Catholic church is leading millions to hell. This means you have made yourself a judge and Christ warned us not to judge. By the way, the Catholic Church has about a billion plus.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes:

...and of course you're relaying faithfully the second error of protestantism which is sola scriptura, scripture alone.

There are copious writtings that show that infant baptism was practised amongst the early Christians. Is there anywhere in the bible that specifically forbids baptism by sprinkling or infant baptism?

If there is please show us.

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Tim. 3:16.

The Bible alone is profitable for doctrine, not the commandments of men. Jesus condemned the Pharisees for teaching the commandments of men as doctrine in Matt. 15:9.

Early Christians never did infant baptism nor did they do any sprinkling. Don't read only Catholic literature. This abominable practice was introduced after the church went apostate and grew in disregard for GOD's word.

If anything, a "Christian" should follow Jesus' method of immersion.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
Amaga:

I wanted to have a theological discussion with you about the Catholic church but won't because of the following reasons:
1. You said ALL her teachings are false. This is untrue and tells me you have a closed mind.
2. You said the Catholic church is leading millions to hell. This means you have made yourself a judge and Christ warned us not to judge. By the way, the Catholic Church has about a billion plus.

I would more than love to discuss the Bible with you.

But trust me, a careful comparism of catholic doctrines with the teachings of the Bible will leave you astonished. You know the worse? The church even knows that she has perverted the teachings of the Bible.

Yea, the church has population. Broad is the way the leadeth into destruction, and many there be that go in thereat.(Matt. 7:13).

The truth has never ever been popular, and 99.9% of the time, the crowd has been wrong.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Nobody told me anything. I read and found out for myself.

You're right. Catholic Jesuits have permeated protestant churches and perverted protestantism. But GOD still has a people on earth who would not bow to baal.

The Bible was not written by Catholic priests. The canons of the Bible were compiled when the Church had not gone into apostasy.

Wow, you're unbelievable.

First how did Jesuit priests permeate protestant churches? You've been reading comic books or what?

Second, I didn't say the bible was written by Catholic priests. Refer to my earlier post please.

The bible was COMPILED by the Catholic church. The bible as we know it now wasn't even in existence centuries after the death, resurrection and ascension of Christ into heaven.

The structure of the Church that compiled the bible is the same as the Catholic Church today.

It was not until the Council of Carthage 397 years after Jesus death and subsequent approval by Pope Innocent I, that a New Testament was put together.

Prior to that date, hundreds of gospels and “apostolic” writings were floating around in many different languages, some not so good or some even controverted.

It was the Catholic Magisterium, guided by the Holy Spirit, which separated the good writings from the bad and selected the 27 books that are now found in the New Testament bible today.

Widen your knowledge base. The bible itself cannot tell you its own history and origin.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by laikas: 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes:

There's only one type of baptism.

Whether you perform the baptism by immersion or by sprinkling, it's still the same. Whether it's infant baptism or adult baptism, it's still the same baptism with the same result.
my dear just sleep, yhu've just shown me how ignorant yhu are. Go and read yhur bible very well. swit drimz.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

But trust me, a careful comparism of catholic doctrines with the teachings of the Bible will leave you astonished. You know the worse? The church even knows that she has perverted the teachings of the Bible.

Yea, the church has population. Broad is the way the leadeth into destruction, and many there be that go in thereat.(Matt. 7:13).

The truth has never ever been popular, and 99.9% of the time, the crowd has been wrong.

I'm sorry, your conclusion is based on what exactly?

Let me guess, you sit at home and translate the bible by yourself and come to your own conclusion right?

I'm sure you're going to tell me next that you're guided by the holy spirit too.

I bet the reformers, Luther, Calvin and Swingli all thought they were being guided by the holy spirit too.

The fruit of the spirit that guided them is very apparent today. Guess how many protestant sects we've had since Luther broke away? Uncountable. And new one being formed by the hour all translating the bible differently and all claiming the holy spirit.

What a mess!
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tete7000(m): 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You're wrong. Luther did not form any church. Luther simply disagreed with the Catholic church because He read the Bible! Immediately Luther wrote his theses and published them, the church declared him a heretic and started hunting him.

When did Luther have time to start a church? Is it in the prison dungeon where the Catholic church put him? Or is it before the abominable seat of the pope where He defended the Bible? Or is it at the stake where the Catholic church burned him alive?

You need to read more.

Luther started a reformation that led to a split and the formation of the lutheran church. Google can help you. I am posting a link here for your education: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheranism.
Learn first before seeking to educate others. If you are not in the lutheran church, I insist again you are an hypocrite. Luther didn't start pentecostalism of today.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Amaga(m): 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

'Broad is the way that leads to destruction' does not give us the right judge and say who goes to hell or not.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
laikas:

my dear just sleep, yhu've just shown me how ignorant yhu are. Go and read yhur bible very well. swit drimz.

Yes Mr. Bible scholar.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes,

I know about the compilation of the Bible and all that. However, that she compiled the canons of the Bible does not make the church the arbiter of doctrines. Ezra the priest-scribe compiled books of the Hebrew Bible too but you don't see him acting like He is GOD.

I'm not surprised that you're suprised to know that Jesuits have permeated protestantism. I won't even be surprised if you don't know who Jesuits really are and what they do, in spite of their sanctimonius appearance.

These people enter protestant churches and pretend to be repentant. They are baptized and accepted into the church and they quickly climb their way to the top of the church's hierarchy, where they join the decision-making boards. There they begin to pollute the church with catholic teachings, and that is what you have today.

Not long ago the Lutheran church went and apologized to the catholic church. Can you imagine what Luther would do if he heard that?

You need to read more.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
tete7000:

Luther started a reformation that led to a split and the formation of the lutheran church. Google can help you. I am posting a link here for your education: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheranism.
Learn first before seeking to educate others. If you are not in the lutheran church, I insist again you are an hypocrite. Luther didn't start pentecostalism of today.

Yes. Among the protestant churches are the Lutherans. However, Luther never personally founded a church and called it by his name.

You can call me a hypocrite. The Pharisees called Jesus Beelzebub. If I am a hypocrite for preaching the Bible, then I glory in my hypocrisy.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tete7000(m): 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You know well about the church? Are you sure? Do you know who the adulterous woman of Revelation 17 and the Babylon of Revelation 18 is? You need to know more.

If reading the Bible and living by it is what you call ignorance, then I'm happy being ignorant, 'cos I know it will lead me into Heaven.

You can allude anything you like to those scriptures. Why should I believe you when ordinary history of the lutheran church you don't even know. Is it your interpretation of the most complicated book in the scripture I should now rely on? Definitely No. He who is not faithful in little things,Jesus said can't be trusted with big things. He who lacks understanding of mundane history can't be my bible teacher. I wish you luck on your journey to heaven.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
Amaga:

'Broad is the way that leads to destruction' does not give us the right judge and say who goes to hell or not.

However, it tells us that the way the leads to destruction contains many people.

Don't ever misquote me: I have not condemned catholics. I have not said that all catholics will go to hell. There are people who are worshipping GOD in all sincerity according to the light they have in the catholic church. Jesus said that He has sheep in many other folds, and He must bring them out from the wrong folds, and unite them in obedience to Him.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Ioannes,

I know about the compilation of the Bible and all that. However, that she compiled the canons of the Bible does not make the church the arbiter of doctrines. Ezra the priest-scribe compiled books of the Hebrew Bible too but you don't see him acting like He is GOD.

I'm not surprised that you're suprised to know that Jesuits have permeated protestantism. I won't even be surprised if you don't know who Jesuits really are and what they do, in spite of their sanctimonius appearance.

These people enter protestant churches and pretend to be repentant. They are baptized and accepted into the church and they quickly climb their way to the top of the church's hierarchy, where they join the decision-making boards. There they begin to pollute the church with catholic teachings, and that is what you have today.

Not long ago the Lutheran church went and apologized to the catholic church. Can you imagine what Luther would do if he heard that?

You need to read more.

First you admit that the compiler of Sacred Scriptures is the Catholic Church, then you go ahead and tell me it doesn't give them the right to interpret it. Wow.

If we can both agree that the Catholic church compiled the bible then here's the implication.

It's either the Catholic Church is divinely guided by the Holy Spirit and thereby infallible in all matters of morals and faith which makes the bible authentic and free from error OR

the Catholic is filled with errors which means it isn't divinely protected from making mistakes in matters of faith and morals, therefore there's no assurance that the Bible is free from errors since it was compiled by fallible Church magisterium.

Oya, pick one.

As for your tall tale about Jesuit priests, I know the comic book you've been reading. I read it too owhen I was in the secondary school. Filled with grotesque conspiracy theories that only exist in the author's imagination, just to sway people like you who are ready to believe anything about the Catholic church.

Not a single proof, not even a verifiable name of anybody anywhere.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
tete7000:

You can allude anything you like to those scriptures. Why should I believe you when ordinary history of the lutheran church you don't even know. Is it your interpretation of the most complicated book in the scripture I should now rely on? Definitely No. He who is not faithful in little things,Jesus said can't be trusted with big things. He who lacks understanding of mundane history can't be my bible teacher. I wish you luck on your journey to heaven.

Don't believe me, please. I only beg one thing of you: Please, read the Bible for yourself and ask the holy spirit to open your eyes. Do that, in comparison with history. "My people perish for lack of knowledge."

I am not a qualified Bible teacher. I do not count myself to have apprehended. I strive to know more.

I pray that one day the Holy Spirit will open your eyes.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ioannes:

First you admit that the compiler of Sacred Scriptures is the Catholic Church, then you go ahead and tell me it doesn't give them the right to interpret it. Wow.

If we can both agree that the Catholic church compiled the bible then here's the implication.

It's either the Catholic Church is divinely guided by the Holy Spirit and there is infallible in all matters of morals and faith which makes the bible authentic and free from error OR

the Catholic is filled with errors which means it isn't divinely protected from making mistakes in matters of faith and morals, therefore there's no assurance that the Bible is free from errors since it was compiled by fallible Church magisterium.

Oya, pick one.

It is funny that the Catholic church doesn't abide by the Bible she compiled as a creed of doctrine.

Can it be that the Spirit that led her to compile the Bible is no longer in her?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tete7000(m): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Yes. Among the protestant churches are the Lutherans. However, Luther never personally founded a church and called it by his name.

You can call me a hypocrite. The Pharisees called Jesus Beelzebub. If I am a hypocrite for preaching the Bible, then I glory in my hypocrisy.

Read my link! Luther was a church's monk, after the reformation, he left the church, got married and continued to be a minister elsewhere. The church separated from church were built on his theology. He started the rebellion and continued to be the focal point after the split for the luthrians. He provided the theological foundation on which their church was founded. How can you now say he did found a church? Stop living in denial. A thorough study of your history will help you. Your problem is you already chose what to believe.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by marv1: 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
If u want to make heaven it is needful as jesus laid the foundation of our salvation. He was bamptised in water by his example. Read john 3: 3, 5. In the law of God u must keep to all intructions of God. Not 99.9%.
Davidblen:
The Bible Says In Ephesians 1:7 That
" In Whom We Have Redemption Through His Blood, The Forgiveness Of Sins, According To Riches Of His Grace"
But Today Many Churches Have Adopted The Style Of Baptism For Salvation.It Is Either By Baptism By Water Or Baptism By Mansion (purification) But Christ Died For Our Sins On The Cross Of Calvary For Our Santification. To Me The Baptism Is Not Neccesary
Anybody Should Comment His/her Opinion
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
tete7000:

Read my link! Luther was a church's monk, after the reformation, he left the church, got married and continued to be a minister elsewhere. The church separated from church were built on his theology. He started the rebellion and continued to be the focal point after the split for the luthrians. He provided the theological foundation on which their church was founded. How can you now say he did found a church? Stop living in denial. A thorough study of your history will help you. Your problem is you already chose what to believe.

Fine. What does that change? Does it change the fact that Luther was a pious man through whom GOD worked to bring light to people and dispel the darkness of catholic teachings?
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tete7000(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Don't believe me, please. I only beg one thing of you: Please, read the Bible for yourself and ask the holy spirit to open your eyes. Do that, in comparison with history. "My people perish for lack of knowledge."

I am not a qualified Bible teacher. I do not count myself to have apprehended. I strive to know more.

I pray that one day the Holy Spirit will open your eyes.

I have heard you. The holy Spirit resides in the church and operates through it. In as much as I believe each person should study the bible, the church through its headship resolves issues when controversy arises. In the bible itself, you see that when the apostle convened to resolve the issue of circumcision among the gentiles. If all begins to carry bible, read and give interpretation as desired, we end up with confusion. Something already prevalent among us. The church compiles the bible, the church existed before the bible, the church has authority to interprete the bible. That is my take.

2 Likes

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tete7000(m): 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Fine. What does that change? Does it change the fact that Luther was a pious man through whom GOD worked to bring light to people and dispel the darkness of catholic teachings?

It changes the fact that you are not knowledgeable enough to teach what you supposedly claim to know.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
tete7000:

I have heard you. The holy Spirit resides in the church and operates through it. In as much as I believe each person should study the bible, the church through its headship resolves issues when controversy arises. In the bible itself, you see that when the apostle convened to resolve the issue of circumcision among the gentiles. If all begins to carry bible, read and give interpretation as desired, we end up with confusion. Something already prevalent among us. The church compiles the bible, the church existed before the bible, the church has authority to interprete the bible. That is my take.

The books of the Bible existed before the church. The church simply put them together.

The church doesn't have the authority to interprete the Bible wrongly for material gain. The Holy Spirit is given to every believer, and He interpretes the Bible to them.

I wish you well. And I pray that you'll realise soonest that nobody will be admitted into Heaven by church.

1 Like

Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by ozuomba: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
Yes, baptism is so necessary. Baptism is a sacred ordinance which is an eternal doctrine, that is, it was before the foundation of this world was laid. It is a saving ordinance instituted by the Gods for man in his path to perfection. The Lord made it clear to Nicodemus in the bible that except a man is born of the water and the spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven. Thus, the savoir in all His purity still got baptized (born of the water) in order to fulfill all righteousness. Even Gods are bound to obey their words and to the children of men the right path to celestial bliss. Then He went ahead to be confirmed by the Holy Ghost which is baptism of the spirit.So the first principle of the gospel is faith in Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism by immersion for the remission of sin by him that have the priesthood authority to administer such and laying on of hands to confer the companionship of the Holy Ghost by a priesthood holder. When one partakes of an ordinance he automatically enters into a covenant with God. An ordinance is a sacred rite or ceremony performed before human witnesses, unseen principalities, glories of heavens and before angels and God, testifying before these that that person being baptized or conferred with the Holy Ghost has willing chosen to serve God take upon him the name of Christ, to obey Him in all things, at all places. Then God will promise to bless such with all that He hath. smiley
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
tete7000:

It changes the fact that you are not knowledgeable enough to teach what you supposedly claim to know.

I already made it clear that I do not count myself to have apprehended. grin

However, I know enough to detect the paganism and absolute corruption practised in the catholic church.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by tete7000(m): 10:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The books of the Bible existed before the church. They church simply put them together.

The church doesn't have the authority to interprete the Bible wrongly for material gain. The Holy Spirit is given to every believer, and He interpretes the Bible to them.

I wish you well. And I pray that you'll realise soonest that nobody will be admitted into Heaven by church.

You want to begin teach me history of the bible again after I just showed you your knowledge of history is shallow? Oga, go and sleep. You have nothing to teach me. Good night.
Re: Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It is funny that the Catholic church doesn't abide by the Bible she compiled as a creed of doctrine.

Can it be that the Spirit that led her to compile the Bible is no longer in her?

Two things:

First I notice you conveniently sidestepped my question. No problem. It's still going to come back and bite you in the @ss soon enough.

Second, it's hilarious that you'd rather conclude that the Catholic Church was given the Holy Spirit to compile the books of the Scripture but weren't given the Holy Spirit to interpret it. Funny right?

So here's it again. Its either the Catholic Church has the Holy Spirit to compile the Bible in which case She also has the Holy Spirit to interpret it which means the Bible is authentic and true, OR

The Catholic Church doesnt have the Holy Spirit now, which means it didn't when it was compiling the Bible, which means we can't trust that the Bible is free from error.

Which one do you settle for. Those are the only options and I'm baffled at times that Protestants don't even think about it this way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Barack Obama Gay Sex Scandal New Evidence / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome / How Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola Died - Prophet I.o. Ogedegbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.