Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,263 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election (14915 Views)

Exclusive: Suswam Begs To Return Part Of His Loot / Soludo Enjoying His Loot! / Breaking News : 'oga Na Thief Man': Why Ex-ig Ehindero Moved His Loot So Late (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2009
this Country is a terrible one.theres nothing this yar adua govt can not just ccok up to bring any1 down.What do they want from a dead man? A man that won the most freest and fairest election in Nigeria.ALL other sectors in the country have collpsed they cant fix it,,All they say is we are figthing corruption.Fix federal roads in lagos fix health care,fix electricity, Fix strikes and fix electoral malpractises. THe corrupt people that are alive i.e exgovernors and co are still walking freely yet we 're talking of a dead man who was corrupt. Unserious people
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by bawomolo(m): 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2009
Would it be right for me to give chimaroke a pass for investing his huge loots in nigeria? NO!
For the fact that people are defending Abiola because of their ethnic affiliation with him shows us why nigeria may never work as one.

I agree nuzo. Nigerians can be bought for cheap
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by KnowAll(m): 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
lets have the ''abounding evidence'' of the house built in Minna as a result of stolen wealth. While you are at it let's also know how Abiola was able to afford the numerous businesses he

IBB was there for 8 good years, he was selling oil to the whole world yet our Railways parked up, NEPA parked up, the Naira was devalued by 200% during his tenure, all the express-ways in the nation became death traps. If IBB has not stolen the money earned from oil through out those 8 years where is the money then, he is the custodian of the treasury.

If I give u $20 billion dollars to hold for me only to ask u for the money back, and u turn around and tell me what money. What did IBB do with all the money he earned from the sale of oil during his tenure.

In IBB case one can revisit the sins of his close colleague and partner in crime in the person of Abacha to him, it is an established fact Abacha stole in excess of $15 billion in the short time he ruled Nigeria, there is als a saying birds of the saying feather flock together.

Abacha being IBB’s right hand man was privy to the inner workings of the tresasury, if he Abacha can amass so much money in a short time how much more his mentor.

At least in Ghana in other to justify the reasons of killing all those ex president Rawlings decided not to build a house for himself insisting to the public that he his broke that is why he still lives in the official Presidential Castle.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Mamajama(m): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2009
What a useless nation been ruled by bunch of lunatics. We are quick to investigate a dead man while the greatest looter of all time is parambulating in Minna.

Why cant they invite IBB for questioning?

How did a retire general get so rich over night? Are his ancestors from Saudi?
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by lannre(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
iF YOU LIKE SUPPORT Yoruba LOOTERS,IF YOU LIKE APPRAISEIGBOLOOTERS,YOU MAY PREFER TO WORSHIP HAUSA LOOTERS. ALL I  KNOW IS FRAUD IS NOT TRIBALISM. FRAUD DON'T DISCRIMINATE . WHEN IT COMES TO CORRUPTION THERE IS NO rasciscm wITH MUCH HATRED HERE IN NAIRALAND KEEP FIGHTING AND PROTECTS YOUR TRIBE. THEY ARE ENJOYING THE LOOTS
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by IYANGBALI: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2009
kai as the man dey dash money yanfu yanfu before he died i like am so tay i name my 4 children after him

1, MOSHOOD

2, KASHIMAWO

3, OLAWALE

4, ABIOLA

una na wetin i go do now wey i know say the man na ogbologbo? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by bricks(m): 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2009
okuyelu:

I dont know how old you are but did u witness any of the transitions?
Please pardon my french, but trully and sincerely, which of your father's money did he steal?

uncle!uncle!! please tell us a story ,, how many transitions have u seen?

how old are u too?-pardon my french but u talk like a stupid old man!
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by GeorgeD1(m): 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
so much abiola hate going on here. i wonder if it would have made any difference if the man was a millitary man? we know who pocketed 40billion naira gulf war windfall and today he is still walking about a free man. no one dares throw a glance in his direction. oh gosh! why are we so cowardly in this country? we know how to malign the dead while extolling and cowing away from living robbers! what a shame!
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by okuyelu: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
bricks:

uncle!uncle!! please tell us a story ,, how many transitions have u seen?

how old are u too?-pardon my french but u talk like a stupid old man!

LOL! oga relax o, I asked a very simple and straight forward question; undecided  i wouldn't want to trade words with you because it isn't anything personal but it is sad that some nigerians are quite myopic and cloud their judgements with sentiments and  unjust hunger to see others fall. Try to read his biography ok, that guy was a genius and you will definately gain a thing or two from it. TTYL
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by bricks(m): 6:28pm On Oct 15, 2009
okuyelu:

LOL! oga relax o, I asked a very simple and straight forward question; undecided i wouldn't want to trade words with you because it isn't anything personal but it is sad that some nigerians are quite myopic and cloud their judgements with sentiments and unjust hunger to see others fall. Try to read his biography ok, that guy was a genius and you will definately gain a thing or two from it. TTYL

well, IBB too is considered a genius too, maybe we should also read his biogarphy while we are at it abi? grin
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Kabikala(m): 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
From graduating at the very top of his class in the Scottish university where he earned his accountancy degree, to his meteoric rise to the hierarchical pole position in ITT for Africa and the Middle East, MKO Abiola's entire life was the stuff of profoundly inspirational legend, but since Abiola happened to be born a Nigerian, the natural assumption that will continue to be made by most is that the man's colossal wealth accrued by virtue of corrupt practice, as opposed to being the JUST reward for a gruelling and epic lifetime of hard work, entrepreneurial genius, bravery and perseverance.

If there ever remains but one single unrepentant admirer of MKO Abiola left on this planet, that person would be me.

Rest in peace,  Baba Kola.    All is well.

Thanks Jakumo for this piece. I doff my hat for you for choosing to stand out from the crowd.

I will always admire the man MKO Abiola. He is a legend and one of the greatest Nigerians that ever lived.

Whatever anyone might have against him, Nigerians knew all these and even worse things about him but still went ahead to choose him as their president. All of these issues were publicised while he was running for president yet Nigerians preferred him and stood with him in the battle for the actualization of the mandate.

If everyone is to be tested by fire who will stand? Awolowo? Bola Ige? Azikiwe? Tai Solarin? Fela? Gani? Soyinka?
But all these guys are yet heroes because their weaknesses pale in comparison to their many acts of greatness.

And to those (Aloy~Emeka and Fhemmmy) who said God did not want Abiola to rule this country, so the God you are referring to wanted Abacha, Babangida, Obasanjo and Umaru to rule us? That God must really love us.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by lawrence83: 6:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
IYA NGBALI:

kai as the man dey dash money yanfu yanfu before he died i like am so tay i name my 4 children after him

1, MOSHOOD

2, KASHIMAWO

3, OLAWALE

4, ABIOLA

una na wetin i go do now wey i know say the man na ogbologbo? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
grin grin grin grin grin incarcerate them like they did to him and feed them with poisonous tea so they can die in prison, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, may b get kudirats to come and jack them up. . , . .
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by lawrence83: 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2009
abiola was so what like a king in his time, cos he gathered so much affluence may be fraudulently or otherwise, i no not, bt wish ever way his dead now and long gone, and this issue of him bin a fraudster should be forgotten, he has lived his life.

dont understand what the federal govt what with him or his family, they should face those ones that are still breathing not the dead, he is long gone.

just a piece of my mind.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by bighead1(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2009
So if the fool abiola had assumed office he would have fucking used nigeria's money to restore himself
[center]"OH GOD" MAY HIS FRAUDULENT SOUL ROT IN HHHEEELLL.[/center]
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by IYANGBALI: 8:38pm On Oct 15, 2009
lawrence83:

grin grin grin grin grin incarcerate them like they did to him and feed them with poisonous tea so they can die in prison, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, may b get kudirats to come and jack them up. . , . .
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by AloyEmeka6: 11:46pm On Oct 15, 2009
KnowAll:

In Africa we don’t talk evil about the dead, and this is a norm and custom that cut across every tribe in African, we are only reminding the poster of the thread to live up to his inherent continental responsibility as an African unless the person who posted this vile and foul language topic is “ an Akata”

In Africa?. Why the continuous battering of Abacha, Awolowo, Nzeogwu etc on Nairaland?. Didn't you guys remember that we don't speak evil of the dead then?. I guess we should forget what Abacha did to Nigerian citizens and how he cleaned up our accounts with his tongue simply because he is dead?.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by AloyEmeka6: 12:03am On Oct 16, 2009
mygladness:

All the venom on this forum has revealed the frustration of the poser and his cohorts.

Initially I thought the poser was talking from the position of ignorance but further revelation simply shows that there is a hidden agenda.

Abiola never held political office yet u accused him of looting and continues to make "sinful" comments about him in this regard.

Guys, you have sure earned your pay for today, am sure your pay-master will be happy with you.

Let the dead rest in peace. Enough of the ranting.

Take another brief from your sponsors lo!

It's called poster/OP and not poser.

Arthur Nzeribe got his loot from neighboring African countries especially Ghana. Should we regard him as a benefactor because he didn't loot his fortune from Nigeria?. What is the history behind Abiola's wealth?. A repentant thief will be welcome in my world if restitution follows his repentance.  He was not even repentant because he wanted to go back FOR MORE only to be stopped by others who discovered the loot after his ITT saga.

Think about this:
Abiola was one of the first Nigerians to loot money from contracts. Obasanjo and Gowon ruled Nigeria in the 70's yet all they got was a farm and one storey building respectively. Shehu Shagari and Buhari left office as head of states hoping to live on their gratuities. It was IBB who took similar steps like Abiola and Umaru Dikko to loot gbogboye. For the fact that Buhari, a former head of state agreed to head PTF under Abacha so he can make small change and pay his bills shows he left that office with nothing. Idiagbon too got nothing. So, trying to air brush Abiola's sins because of his benevolence will not cut it. Dangote received huge contracts under Abacha and turned it into a fortune. Does it mean we should forget the various contracts he collected money upfront and didn't deliver?.

If that is the case, why didn't y'all defend Obasanjo when he claimed the 6000 jobs?. He stole from us, repented like Abiola and employed our citizens. Tell me the difference here?
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by AloyEmeka6: 12:12am On Oct 16, 2009
mygladness:

Why is Abiola so disparaged on this forum?

I could not just believe all these are being said about a philanthropist whose status remains unmatched twelve years after.

I had a lecturer in the University who is from the East, until we called him to order, this man will spend almost half of his lecture time telling us how he had the privilege of globe trotting with Abiola on his repatriation campaign against the Western countries. He would reel out number of people, associations, community, and clubs that cut across ethic groups that are benefiting from Abiola's wealth by a way of sponsorship, scholarship, project execution and other form of support.
I was at an event where Abiola was the special guest, this man came in and greeted everyone warmly - a demonstration of humility that is uncommon among his likes.

Why would you accuse of Abiola of looting when he did not hold any political office in his life -time?

I believe the man made his money as a smart businessman except there is an evidence contrary to this position which should be brought forward if exist.  

Please let's be guided in our utterances.

Nobody is disparaging him. The truth hurts but he stole from us and his actions led to a century of epileptic telecommunication in Nigeria before the advent of GSM. ITT will continue to trail him and all other underhanded deals with the same military junta that murdered him.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by AloyEmeka6: 12:24am On Oct 16, 2009
By application, in Nigeria political space, from the Northern perspectives or worldviews, there is no such thing as, separation of Church and State and/or separation of Muslimism and the State. To them, the two entities are intertwined. For example, in other to reforce this suspicion parallel of Abiola, are possible motivated orthodoxies: I] [b]Let us draw or review estimable evidence at ITT establishment if you will. It was gathered that Abiola, staged, and acted criminally in the way he took over the chairmanship at ITT, from his American boss. My source succinctly remarked that Abiola and his cronies’ dramatized this by upstaging and dethroning the Chairman at ITT. This was effectively executed by theatrically painting, photographing, blackmailing the American ITT chairman—as an eternal and unrepentant drunkard, who could not retrieve or collect American funds from the Nigerian government, even, after ITT Nigerian-operational power-house has completed its works, as assigned her. Through this machination, Abiola was upgraded and appointed ITT chairman for Africa and the Middle-east. The larger pitfalls were not long exposed. Not sooner after he was appointed ITT chairman, Abiola, opted, and demanded to work for the ITT establishment on commission basis rather than on salary pay-capped arrangement.

Abiola, now in the zone of leadership, a contract of a staggering 75 million, was upped by Abiola. Abiola, zeroed in for a kill. He greedily adding zero [0] behind seventy-five [75], that turns 75 into 750 million. He was not alone. This disposition and operation was effectively executed through collaborations with insiders who knew the ropes, mainly, some of his discredited military officers-friends at the military establishments. He got away with a crime; making a whopping illegitimate millions for himself and his friends. Our information gathering radar shows that Babangida, Obasanjo, late Shehu Musa Yar’dua and others benefited from the ITT’s emissaries, commissions and, contracts. M.K.O. Abiola, became a multi-million over-night, engineered and fortified by strong military contacts. In the meantime, this is happening at a time, the entire nation watches its dying population waste away without basic amenities such as: steady electricity, water, road or housing; lack of adequate learning facilities from primary school up to tertiary institutions; as the system systemically manufactured yet, anew, fraudulent millionaires and billionaires, who cannot, in all honesty account for the source of their wealth[/b]

At this instance, Doe, was believed to have contacted Babangida for technical assistance. Babangida promised heaven and earth , that he will send in ECOMOG to restore order immediately and everything will be alright. In the meantime, may I state that there is no peace in the hearts/minds of thieves especially, when it comes to stolen public funds. Nigerian looters, believe it or not, will tell you that they live in fear every second of their lives and, will probably succumb [if they refuse to repent and return public funds to their proper places] to hyper-tension, high-blood-pressure, or worst, heart-attack.

Folks, five [5] billion dollars from Liberian treasury was at stake. Liberian tyrant, Samuel Doe, have looted the Liberian treasury worth more than five billion dollars. Some of this Fund was partly, donated by USIS, and other development agencies abroad hoping to assist build and improve, Liberia and make life much better for its peoples. But, reverse was the case, its pupported leadership had a hidden agenda in their hearts—mischievousness. In the meantime as Doe and Co were running out of time, it became evident, that, regional criminals with their regional partners were desperately looking for a regional safe heaven to keep their windfall. Doe, contacted his big brother, Nigerian Field-Marshal, Babangida, for assistance. Initially, it was gathered that Babangida, refused taking-in, the five billion dollars—stating his position as a military leader. He however, directed his wife, Miriam Babangida, to assist launder the funds into her multifaceted, financial networks.

Miriam Babangida, took the five [5] billion, and quickly contacted a long time family friend, Abiolas. Information has it that Simbiat Abiola who subsequently lodged the finances into her personal account in good faith, was Miriam’s contact. Unfortunately, Simbiat went through undisclosed illness, succumbed to this illness and passed-away. The financial activities and records show that the financial documentations in respect to these financial transmissions or transactions as discovered, indicates that it was willed, to Kola Wole Abiola.

Finally another opportunity came to the Babangidas. Miriam and Babangida, came on a condolence visit to the diseased family-friend, on the passing-away of Simbiat Abiola. With this window of opportunity, it was gathered that Babangida mentioned the five [5] billion to M.K.O. Abiola. Information has it that Abiola, was outraged that financial matters could be raised by Babangida, while he was bereaved, and going through the emotions and pains of his beloved wife, Simbiat who passed away.
Babangida and Miriam, left for home, to allow, the dead rest in peace. Within the space of weeks or months that year, the elections results, specifically presidential elections results, began to trickle in.

Statistical and numerical indicators show, that the first barge of results from 14 states with its computations had Abiola, winning. Babangida, contacted yet again, Abiola,asked him to release the five billion [five [5] billions dollars. Now remember, that the said five billion was Liberians, and by no means, belonged to Abiola nor Babangida. However, the two thieves fought over it. In the ensued conversation, Babangida indicated to Abiola, that if, the money wasn’t released, he will annul the entire elections. Abiola wanted to be President and also, wanted to keep the billions too. Greed! In a delusional effort, Abiola, launched into intensive search for Kola. Repeated phone calls was placed on Kola, in whose account the funds, was believed to have been deposited. Surprisingly to Abiola, Kola disappeared with the thin air. Kola, it was gathered, became a changed man, and, intentionally refused to speak, pick-up calls or converse with his father.

Carlisle U.O. Umunnah Is a New York Based Freelance Writer

June 2006

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=3238
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by bidemi12(m): 12:34am On Oct 16, 2009
@alloy emeka your literary/analytical skills are getting better and better. I'm very impressed.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by AloyEmeka6: 3:25am On Oct 16, 2009
agitator:

You see this is the general mentality of Nigerians like i use to say over and over.

This scenario is what used to happen when policemen started collecting money from commercial vehicle drivers, the passengers use to justify it being that the policemen stand under the sun all day, and giving them =N=5 was nothing compared to what they are doing.  These people forgot that, it is what the policemen were employed to do and are being paid for.  Now every major road mostly in south nigeria you have policemen in some places as at intervals of 500m just to collect money and we are now crying, this happens right in front of police stations (toll gates).

Go to ministries you hear the slogan "where man work na there him dey chop". the same scenario is on, if you want to conduct any official business after paying the official amount you are required to part with some extra money for the hardworking officals.

Just take a look everywhere, you will see what I'm telling you.

Now the new kid on the block is "steal and invest it in Nigeria then you are justified"

and some morons will come and preach to me to see the positives in Nigeria to make things better.

Is this not the same thing the whole African continent had been accusing the colonial master of doing, stealing from them and using to develop their countries and later giving peanuts as aids to further enslave Africa?

Why are we then asking for reparations?

They not only stole our money but  it's beginning to look like they stole our minds too. Your police example caught my attention. I hear that all the time.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by bawomolo(m): 4:44am On Oct 16, 2009
hmm interesting articles
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by kirkmikel: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2009
Shame on all of you, you all will die one day and your names will be dragged in the mud eternally and i am sure most of you are yahoo yahoo boys because maga no gree pay again you need somewhere to pour your anger and some IDIOT gave you an avenue .
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Vavavoom(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2009
kirkmikel:

Shame on all of you, you all will die one day and your names will be dragged in the mud eternally and i am sure most of you are yahoo yahoo boys because maga no gree pay again you need somewhere to pour your anger and some IDIOT gave you an avenue .

Lack of what to say abi? Respond to the article, trying to defend the indefensible.

Aloy~Emeka:

By application, in Nigeria political space, from the Northern perspectives or worldviews, there is no such thing as, separation of Church and State and/or separation of Muslimism and the State. To them, the two entities are intertwined. For example, in other to reforce this suspicion parallel of Abiola, are possible motivated orthodoxies: I] [b]Let us draw or review estimable evidence at ITT establishment if you will. It was gathered that Abiola, staged, and acted criminally in the way he took over the chairmanship at ITT, from his American boss. My source succinctly remarked that Abiola and his cronies’ dramatized this by upstaging and dethroning the Chairman at ITT. This was effectively executed by theatrically painting, photographing, blackmailing the American ITT chairman—as an eternal and unrepentant drunkard, who could not retrieve or collect American funds from the Nigerian government, even, after ITT Nigerian-operational power-house has completed its works, as assigned her. Through this machination, Abiola was upgraded and appointed ITT chairman for Africa and the Middle-east. The larger pitfalls were not long exposed. Not sooner after he was appointed ITT chairman, Abiola, opted, and demanded to work for the ITT establishment on commission basis rather than on salary pay-capped arrangement.

Abiola, now in the zone of leadership, a contract of a staggering 75 million, was upped by Abiola. Abiola, zeroed in for a kill. He greedily adding zero [0] behind seventy-five [75], that turns 75 into 750 million. He was not alone. This disposition and operation was effectively executed through collaborations with insiders who knew the ropes, mainly, some of his discredited military officers-friends at the military establishments. He got away with a crime; making a whopping illegitimate millions for himself and his friends. Our information gathering radar shows that Babangida, Obasanjo, late Shehu Musa Yar’dua and others benefited from the ITT’s emissaries, commissions and, contracts. M.K.O. Abiola, became a multi-million over-night, engineered and fortified by strong military contacts. In the meantime, this is happening at a time, the entire nation watches its dying population waste away without basic amenities such as: steady electricity, water, road or housing; lack of adequate learning facilities from primary school up to tertiary institutions; as the system systemically manufactured yet, anew, fraudulent millionaires and billionaires, who cannot, in all honesty account for the source of their wealth[/b]

At this instance, Doe, was believed to have contacted Babangida for technical assistance. Babangida promised heaven and earth , that he will send in ECOMOG to restore order immediately and everything will be alright. In the meantime, may I state that there is no peace in the hearts/minds of thieves especially, when it comes to stolen public funds. Nigerian looters, believe it or not, will tell you that they live in fear every second of their lives and, will probably succumb [if they refuse to repent and return public funds to their proper places] to hyper-tension, high-blood-pressure, or worst, heart-attack.

Folks, five [5] billion dollars from Liberian treasury was at stake. Liberian tyrant, Samuel Doe, have looted the Liberian treasury worth more than five billion dollars. Some of this Fund was partly, donated by USIS, and other development agencies abroad hoping to assist build and improve, Liberia and make life much better for its peoples. But, reverse was the case, its pupported leadership had a hidden agenda in their hearts—mischievousness. In the meantime as Doe and Co were running out of time, it became evident, that, regional criminals with their regional partners were desperately looking for a regional safe heaven to keep their windfall. Doe, contacted his big brother, Nigerian Field-Marshal, Babangida, for assistance. Initially, it was gathered that Babangida, refused taking-in, the five billion dollars—stating his position as a military leader. He however, directed his wife, Miriam Babangida, to assist launder the funds into her multifaceted, financial networks.

Miriam Babangida, took the five [5] billion, and quickly contacted a long time family friend, Abiolas. Information has it that Simbiat Abiola who subsequently lodged the finances into her personal account in good faith, was Miriam’s contact. Unfortunately, Simbiat went through undisclosed illness, succumbed to this illness and passed-away. The financial activities and records show that the financial documentations in respect to these financial transmissions or transactions as discovered, indicates that it was willed, to Kola Wole Abiola.

Finally another opportunity came to the Babangidas. Miriam and Babangida, came on a condolence visit to the diseased family-friend, on the passing-away of Simbiat Abiola. With this window of opportunity, it was gathered that Babangida mentioned the five [5] billion to M.K.O. Abiola. Information has it that Abiola, was outraged that financial matters could be raised by Babangida, while he was bereaved, and going through the emotions and pains of his beloved wife, Simbiat who passed away.
Babangida and Miriam, left for home, to allow, the dead rest in peace. Within the space of weeks or months that year, the elections results, specifically presidential elections results, began to trickle in.

Statistical and numerical indicators show, that the first barge of results from 14 states with its computations had Abiola, winning. Babangida, contacted yet again, Abiola,asked him to release the five billion [five [5] billions dollars. Now remember, that the said five billion was Liberians, and by no means, belonged to Abiola nor Babangida. However, the two thieves fought over it. In the ensued conversation, Babangida indicated to Abiola, that if, the money wasn’t released, he will annul the entire elections. Abiola wanted to be President and also, wanted to keep the billions too. Greed! In a delusional effort, Abiola, launched into intensive search for Kola. Repeated phone calls was placed on Kola, in whose account the funds, was believed to have been deposited. Surprisingly to Abiola, Kola disappeared with the thin air. Kola, it was gathered, became a changed man, and, intentionally refused to speak, pick-up calls or converse with his father.

June 2006

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=3238
[/quote

Aloy, now, that's backing up position with facts. I was in my JSS3 when the whole IBB-Abiola paddy-paddy went up in smoke, even as at then I wondered how so close a friendship was perceivedly being ruined by IBB, but somehow as a teenager I got to know this story although not as factual as you have it here. Nice work bro. Bravo, keep telling it as it is even if some tribal apologist are bent on telling us otherwise. Like someone said, ''there minds have been stolen, brainwashed to the point where half-truths is the real deal.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Vavavoom(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

June 2006

Aloy, now, that's backing up position with facts. I was in my JSS3 when the whole IBB-Abiola paddy-paddy went up in smoke, even as at then I wondered how so close a friendship was perceivedly being ruined by IBB, but somehow as a teenager I got to know this story although not as factual as you have it here. Nice work bro. Bravo, keep telling it as it is even if some tribal apologist are bent on telling us otherwise. Like someone said, ''there minds have been stolen, brainwashed to the point where half-truths is the real deal.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Vavavoom(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2009
KnowAll:

lets have the ''abounding evidence'' of the house built in Minna as a result of stolen wealth. While you are at it let's also know how Abiola was able to afford the numerous businesses he

IBB was there for 8 good years, he was selling oil to the whole world yet our Railways parked up, NEPA parked up, the Naira was devalued by 200% during his tenure, all the express-ways in the nation became death traps. If IBB has not stolen the money earned from oil through out those 8 years where is the money then, he is the custodian of the treasury.

If I give u $20 billion dollars to hold for me only to ask u for the money back, and u turn around and tell me what money. What did IBB do with all the money he earned from the sale of oil during his tenure.

In IBB case one can revisit the sins of his close colleague and partner in crime in the person of Abacha to him, it is an established fact Abacha stole in excess of $15 billion in the short time he ruled Nigeria, there is als a saying birds of the saying feather flock together.

Abacha being IBB’s right hand man was privy to the inner workings of the tresasury, if he Abacha can amass so much money in a short time how much more his mentor.

At least in Ghana in other to justify the reasons of killing all those ex president Rawlings decided not to build a house for himself insisting to the public that he his broke that is why he still lives in the official Presidential Castle.

Abeg make you try read this rejoinder:
By application, in Nigeria political space, from the Northern perspectives or worldviews, there is no such thing as, separation of Church and State and/or separation of Muslimism and the State. To them, the two entities are intertwined. For example, in other to reforce this suspicion parallel of Abiola, are possible motivated orthodoxies: I] Let us draw or review estimable evidence at ITT establishment if you will. It was gathered that Abiola, staged, and acted criminally in the way he took over the chairmanship at ITT, from his American boss. My source succinctly remarked that Abiola and his cronies’ dramatized this by upstaging and dethroning the Chairman at ITT. This was effectively executed by theatrically painting, photographing, blackmailing the American ITT chairman—as an eternal and unrepentant drunkard, who could not retrieve or collect American funds from the Nigerian government, even, after ITT Nigerian-operational power-house has completed its works, as assigned her. Through this machination, Abiola was upgraded and appointed ITT chairman for Africa and the Middle-east. The larger pitfalls were not long exposed. Not sooner after he was appointed ITT chairman, Abiola, opted, and demanded to work for the ITT establishment on commission basis rather than on salary pay-capped arrangement.

Abiola, now in the zone of leadership, a contract of a staggering 75 million, was upped by Abiola. Abiola, zeroed in for a kill. He greedily adding zero
behind seventy-five [75], that turns 75 into 750 million. He was not alone. This disposition and operation was effectively executed through collaborations with insiders who knew the ropes, mainly, some of his discredited military officers-friends at the military establishments. He got away with a crime; making a whopping illegitimate millions for himself and his friends. Our information gathering radar shows that Babangida, Obasanjo, late Shehu Musa Yar’dua and others benefited from the ITT’s emissaries, commissions and, contracts. M.K.O. Abiola, became a multi-million over-night, engineered and fortified by strong military contacts. In the meantime, this is happening at a time, the entire nation watches its dying population waste away without basic amenities such as: steady electricity, water, road or housing; lack of adequate learning facilities from primary school up to tertiary institutions; as the system systemically manufactured yet, anew, fraudulent millionaires and billionaires, who cannot, in all honesty account for the source of their wealth

Finally another opportunity came to the Babangidas. Miriam and Babangida, came on a condolence visit to the diseased family-friend, on the passing-away of Simbiat Abiola. With this window of opportunity, it was gathered that Babangida mentioned the five [5] billion to M.K.O. Abiola. Information has it that Abiola, was outraged that financial matters could be raised by Babangida, while he was bereaved, and going through the emotions and pains of his beloved wife, Simbiat who passed away. Babangida and Miriam, left for home, to allow, the dead rest in peace. Within the space of weeks or months that year, the elections results, specifically presidential elections results, began to trickle in.

June 2006

Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Vavavoom(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2009
Kabikala:

Thanks Jakumo for this piece. I doff my hat for you for choosing to stand out from the crowd.

I will always admire the man MKO Abiola. He is a legend and one of the greatest Nigerians that ever lived.

Whatever anyone might have against him, Nigerians knew all these and even worse things about him but still went ahead to choose him as their president. All of these issues were publicised while he was running for president yet Nigerians preferred him and stood with him in the battle for the actualization of the mandate.

If everyone is to be tested by fire who will stand? Awolowo? Bola Ige? Azikiwe? Tai Solarin? Fela? Gani? Soyinka?[/b]But all these guys are yet heroes because their weaknesses pale in comparison to their many acts of greatness.

And to those (Aloy~Emeka and Fhemmmy) who said God did not want Abiola to rule this country, so the God you are referring to wanted Abacha, Babangida, Obasanjo and Umaru to rule us? That God must really love us.

''If everyone is to be tested by fire who will stand? Awolowo? Bola Ige? Azikiwe? Tai Solarin? Fela? Gani? Soyinka?''

Good, that's what some level heads have been trying to point out but some tribal chauvinist would have us believe otherwise.
Abiola wasn't a saint, but perceivably better than IBB, Abacha and co. And yes, God didn't want Abiola to rule, if He did MKO would have been president, that my friend shouldn't be hard ot comprehend. God's will superceedes man's.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by KnowAll(m): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2009
@Vavavoom and Aloy Emaka

So in essence Kola Abiola is a billionaire, money is evil, how come he is not flexing his money like the Dangote’s and Otedola’s even though the whole world now know they are owing the banks billions, u cannot have $5 billion dollars and be quite about it. You will want to be seeing and to be seeing is to get involve in Politics.

Why is Mohammed Abacha getting involve in Politics, it is because he has too much money, a billionaire does not sit on his laureal, they flex even the most introvert billionaire.

That is a Cock and Bull story.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by GeorgeD1(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2009
Vavavoom:

you guys keep revising history. i'm not surprised you're towing this line-afterall you are modest enough to admit you were in jss3 during this whole saga. keep believing all the lies your racially biased uncles shoved down your throat.
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Vavavoom(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2009
George_D:

you guys keep revising history. i'm not surprised you're towing this line-afterall you are modest enough to admit you were in jss3 during this whole saga. keep believing all the lies your racially biased uncles shoved down your throat.

At least try to counter what has been put forward instead of rabble rousing. All this holier-than thou posturing hasn't answered the question put forward, at least tell us Abiola wasn't a friend of IBB's for a start. Your likes are the type who'll have us beleive Obansanjo never did any wrong when he was in power. Tell me about the history you know about your much beloved MKO that my uncle brainwashed me about, let's hear at least the supposed friendship he had with a much dispised IBB and co. Tell me so that I no go revise am< I dey wait>
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by bibiking1(m): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2009
George_D:

Dude, History is written so that we can learn from them. We do not have to be around during an inicdent to be knowledgeable about event. Thats why there are news prints and journals!!
Re: Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election by Vavavoom(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2009
KnowAll:

@Vavavoom and Aloy Emaka

So in essence Kola Abiola is a billionaire, money is evil, how come he is not flexing his money like the Dangote’s and Otedola’s even though the whole world now know they are owing the banks billions, u cannot have $5 billion dollars and be quite about it. You will want to be seeing and to be seeing is to get involve in Politics.

Why is Mohammed Abacha getting involve in Politics, it is because he has too much money, a billionaire does not sit on his laureal, they flex even the most introvert billionaire.

That is a Cock and Bull story.

You now assert that money is evil? Don't you have some in your pocket?<grin> abeg pass am come make I keep evil in my pocket. Try relating that assertion of yours to Abiola, I mean money being evil and him, haa starting to get a picture now? See unlike you I hold no brief for the thieving aristocrat: IBB, Abacha, Obj, and the bunch that have kept us all in this state. Mohammed Babaginda & even Mohammed Abacha are  scions off the line of thieves and so is Kola. Their fathers were all friends, paddy men who at various times influenced critical decisions of this country and while they may not be here today shouldn't stop anyone from asking for accountability. Wether a billionaire thief flexes with his loot or not is not the question, ABIOLA WAS NO SAINT-He frolicked with IBB and co benefitted immensely and perecivedly had a change of heart after im belle don full.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Uncovers New Methods Of Vote-buying / EFCC Raids Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s Home / Nigeria Looks To Russia, Pakistan For Arms, With Continuing US Embargo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.