Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today (23908 Views)

High Speeding Car Fall In A Culvert, Luckily No Life Was Lost. / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More / Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Deen77: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2016
Deen77:
Remember growing up then.

Plus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Purposebabe(f): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
We had Tony Tetuila

#singing Tony Tetula's song. Chai! One of my best musicians then. Dem dey sing sense

E Go BETA
Tel your mummy o, tell your daddy, E go beta
This na the message from Tony Tetula, E go beta.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Emmex0804(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2016
#irepexmay#.....What set are you.

IncredibleJoe:
Dat Palito radio na confirm thing oh... Remember those days when I carry it all about in Mayflower...
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by abumeinben(m): 11:48am On Sep 27, 2016
sukkot:
its called multitasking. plus i am in europe where is 24 7 internet is dirt cheap so i am always logged into nairaland on my laptop even when i am doing other work on the side. then i check from time to time to see if i have mentions or if there is new topic. the benefits of living in europe mate. i get to be logged into the net for 24 hrs a day and for 30 days a month and only pay like 12 thousand naira equivalent wink

Yeah yeah..madam Europe... internet here is also up here for 247, no interrupt...and you only need 10k to get unlimited data... okwaya...

By the way, shey na Germany u dey?
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 11:51am On Sep 27, 2016
abumeinben:

Yeah yeah..madam Europe... internet here is also up here for 247, no interrupt...and you only need 10k to get unlimited data... okwaya...

lolzzz. are you serious ? in naija you only need 10k to get unlimited data ? please whats the name of the company ? . I am in England bro not germany. although i have been to germany twice
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by abumeinben(m): 11:54am On Sep 27, 2016
sukkot:
lolzzz. are you serious ? in naija you only need 10k to get unlimited data ? please whats the name of the company ? . I am in England bro not germany. although i have been to germany twice

Ntel of natcom ma....4G LTE..seems you left 9ja in 1851

Ehen, how Germany matter na?
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
abumeinben:

Ntel of natcom ma....4G LTE..seems you left 9ja in 1851

Ehen, how Germany matter na?
lol yeah i left a long time ago. am coming back home to settle this year though insha Allah God willing. thanks for the info. i need that service when i get to naija. how is germany ? very nice place if you go to major multicultural cities like munchen, stuttgart, dusseldorf, etc. its a very great place to be if you are young and have no care in the world. but as you get older you start to feel lonely there and you want to be around people who look like you. so if you are under 25 ? its a great place. if you are over 30 ? not so great. unless the only thing that matters to you in life is food and an organized society. but if you are more into culture and eating african foods and going to african parties and just living a great life culturally and spiritually then you will want to stay away from germany or europe. i hear ghana is good

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by proudly9ja(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
sukkot:
lol yeah i left a long time ago. am coming back home to settle this year though insha Allah God willing. thanks for the info. i need that service when i get to naija. how is germany ? very nice place if you go to major multicultural cities like munchen, stuttgart, dusseldorf, etc. its a very great place to be if you are young and have no care in the world. but as you get older you start to feel lonely there and you want to be around people who look like you. so if you are under 25 ? its a great place. if you are over 30 ? not so great. unless the only thing that matters to you in life is food and an organized society. but if you are more into culture and eating african foods and going to african parties and just living a great life culturally and spiritually then you will want to stay away from germany or europe. i hear ghana is good
What if you're between 25 and 30? smiley

England is good though. Organised and you can actually aspire to great heights as long as you're ready to integrate into the society
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Boyooosa(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Handsomecole:
So glad to have grown up in the 90's. It was so amazing and highly creative. With huge regard for morals.

*Kite
#Tales by moon light

#secrets of the sand

#when we use the golden cigarette wrapper and bulb and milk cup to make trophy during street to street football.
We can go on and on.
Did u live in my street, i was the one that did (host) the first one in my street. And my team won it #backtoback cheesy
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Adonike(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
Quite Nostalgic!!!

cry
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Jay542(m): 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
90's baby. That year

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2016
proudly9ja:

What if you're between 25 and 30? smiley

England is good though. Organised and you can actually aspire to great heights as long as you're ready to integrate into the society
[b]thats the problem. integrating into the society. well i will put it like this ? there are some people who are very aware of everything happening around them and they feel they are created as supreme beings and are very aware of the unspoken inferior status placed on minorities especially blacks. these type of people are spiritually aware of their sorroundings. these type of people are all returning home to nigeria, and if you are very aware you will discover there is a brain gain back into nigeria in the past 5 years. like everybody is returning back to nigeria. you will notice tens of thousands of people are returning to nigeria each year from america and europe. these are the types returning

then you have the type of people who are totally spiritually blind and are unaware and the only thing that matters to them is just being abroad and having food and house in a ' civilized ' society. now these types will die there and will never return

so these are the two types of people. now with regards to 25 - 30 year olds ? my advice ? if at this age you are not already in europe or america ? just forget it. unless you are a rich person going to buy a second home there to go and relax. if you are going to hustle ? this the wrong time to go. there is deep recession and anger everywhere and especially in america the police are taking out their anger on black people. so if you are 25 - 30 and still in naija ? just stay there. no point travelling out at all. but hey ? this is just my advice, live your life how you want but you will surely come on nairaland frontpage to cry about how europe is hard lolzzz[/b]
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Rilwayne001: 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
We had Baba Dudu

Otherwise IFA OLOKUN asorodayo grin grin grin
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by abumeinben(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
sukkot:

Well, we're waiting for you ..did you say settle?

Like settle as we refer to it here? Not bad.

Well, Germany runs is for MSc, if I need fun, there's more than enough here.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
abumeinben:

Well, we're waiting for you ..did you say settle?

Like settle as we refer to it here? Not bad.

Well, Germany runs is for MSc, if I need fun, there's more than enough here.
oh ok if its just Msc then you are good to go. yes bros, i am coming to settle in my fatherland forever. life is too short to be in another mans country forever wink
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Laido: 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
malton:
Memories back then.

I remember those days when life was simple.

Humans were reasonably ambitious.

We used to walk down the streets at nights without looking over our shoulders.

We used to think that thieves were the worst things in life we had to face.

One naira was worth a whole lot.

We never cared how much the exchange rate was.

People were contented having just enough to get by.

Nigerians used to love each other genuinely.

There was respect and cheer for charismatic leaders; Shonekan was praised to the high heavens, at least, where I was in Kaduna at the time.

I was only just a boy at the time, but I was wise enough to know that things are different now.

No thanks to our leaders, we have grown retrogressively.

Academic standards have fallen.

Moral decadence everywhere.

Materialism is the order of the day.

Hatred has us enslaved.

Greed has us betraying our own.

Inordinate ambitions have become commonplace among youths who cannot even build a pot from clay.

A lot has changed, but you can be the difference you want to see. Do not let the quest for the transient rob you of your pride and love for humanity.

May we get it right someday!

Hmm. Amen oo.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by caprini1: 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
abumeinben:

but with just 5k I have 25gig from Glo,which everybody in my house is connected to,and we don't exhaust it in 30 days,....I mean laptops ,phones ,tablet etc.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Tobitrueman(m): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
Not to forget palitos! Best buddies for life

This was my 'Walki-Talki". Had to go carry firewood so as to buy this then. How I loved it.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by daveP(m): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
good one days....

1 Like

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by daveP(m): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
good old days....

Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by abumeinben(m): 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
sukkot:
oh ok if its just Msc then you are good to go. yes bros, i am coming to settle in my fatherland forever. life is too short to be in another mans country forever wink

When are you coming?

Me never see pans (£) before o...carry come o
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by abumeinben(m): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
caprini1:
but with just 5k I have 25gig from Glo,which everybody in my house is connected to,and we don't exhaust it in 30 days,....I mean laptops ,phones ,tablet etc.

Nawao
And I just paid 2500 for 5gig with Airtel embarassed
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Aristotle96(m): 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
And this:
pls do u know were I can get this tales by moonlight sound. Track? I wanna score it pls embarassed
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
abumeinben:

When are you coming?

Me never see pans (£) before o...carry come o
anyday before december. the date not set in stone yet. lol pand stalin
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by proudly9ja(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
sukkot:
[b]thats the problem. integrating into the society. well i will put it like this ? there are some people who are very aware of everything happening around them and they feel they are created as supreme beings and are very aware of the unspoken inferior status placed on minorities especially blacks. these type of people are spiritually aware of their sorroundings. these type of people are all returning home to nigeria, and if you are very aware you will discover there is a brain gain back into nigeria in the past 5 years. like everybody is returning back to nigeria. you will notice tens of thousands of people are returning to nigeria each year from america and europe. these are the types returning

then you have the type of people who are totally spiritually blind and are unaware and the only thing that matters to them is just being abroad and having food and house in a ' civilized ' society. now these types will die there and will never return

so these are the two types of people. now with regards to 25 - 30 year olds ? my advice ? if at this age you are not already in europe or america ? just forget it. unless you are a rich person going to buy a second home there to go and relax. if you are going to hustle ? this the wrong time to go. there is deep recession and anger everywhere and especially in america the police are taking out their anger on black people. so if you are 25 - 30 and still in naija ? just stay there. no point travelling out at all. but hey ? this is just my advice, live your life how you want but you will surely come on nairaland frontpage to cry about how europe is hard lolzzz[/b]
The earth's the Lord's and it's fullness thereof.

My take is that where you're located is a function of your role is God's overall design. That one is born in Nigeria or anywhere else in the world does not limit your life journey to that geo location. One will face challenges everywhere in the world, just locate your calling and face life.
God has blessed me with opportunities here and I'm grateful. I've friends that God has blessed with opportunities in Nigeria or evenue in other countries - Ghana, Kenya, US, and do on. Foreigners also go to Africa and settle there. They found their calling and stuck to it irrespective of the challenges.

The interesting thing is you can even get opportunities in this country just because you're not Caucasian.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by abumeinben(m): 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
sukkot:
anyday before december. the date not set in stone yet. lol pand stalin

Ok...Sha bring pans cos me gonna ask yoy
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by dam4wummy(m): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
Wetin consan us wit yesterday? Oga abeg, arrange yoself n face tomoro joor

these little children of nowadays sha.....
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Carter4luv(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2016
wow remembering the old school days, wen garri 1 cup was #10. where #5 was very useful to refresh urself. now #5 is irrelevant. the young shall grow.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Bollinger(m): 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
malton:
Memories back then.

I remember those days when life was simple.

Humans were reasonably ambitious.

We used to walk down the streets at nights without looking over our shoulders.

We used to think that thieves were the worst things in life we had to face.

One naira was worth a whole lot.

We never cared how much the exchange rate was.

People were contented having just enough to get by.

Nigerians used to love each other genuinely.

There was respect and cheer for charismatic leaders; Shonekan was praised to the high heavens, at least, where I was in Kaduna at the time.

I was only just a boy at the time, but I was wise enough to know that things are different now.

No thanks to our leaders, we have grown retrogressively.

Academic standards have fallen.

Moral decadence everywhere.

Materialism is the order of the day.

Hatred has us enslaved.

Greed has us betraying our own.

Inordinate ambitions have become commonplace among youths who cannot even build a pot from clay.

A lot has changed, but you can be the difference you want to see. Do not let the quest for the transient rob you of your pride and love for humanity.

May we get it right someday!

Most people don't realize this but the turning point in our history was when OBJ became president. The country went to shiit when that happened.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by sukkot: 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
proudly9ja:

The earth's the Lord's and it's fullness thereof.

My take is that where you're located is a function of your role is God's overall design. That one is born in Nigeria or anywhere else in the world does not limit your life journey to that geo location. One will face challenges everywhere in the world, just locate your calling and face life.
God has blessed me with opportunities here and I'm grateful. I've friends that God has blessed with opportunities in Nigeria or evenue in other countries - Ghana, Kenya, US, and do on. Foreigners also go to Africa and settle there. They found their calling and stuck to it irrespective of the challenges.

The interesting thing is you can even get opportunities in this country just because you're not Caucasian.
thats not the point. the point is being in a country where those ruling dont look like you. its not good. even the bible tells you so, seeing as you quoted Jesus and God I assume you regard the bible

jeremiah 30 vs 21 Their leader will be one of their own, and their ruler will come from among them.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by Dfinex(f): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
Deen77:
Remember growing up then.
those note books. .....they bring back memories.
Re: Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today by caprini1: 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
abumeinben:

Nawao
And I just paid 2500 for 5gig with Airtel embarassed
2500 is 10 gig and 3000 is 12gig with glo.......my dstv subscription is now 6k monthly ,i watch premiership and la liga there ,champions league and other football matches i watch live on my laptop with the glo subs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways To Remain Poor / Man Clears And Carries Gutter Content With Bare Hands / Accident Between A 40 Feet Container And Cars In Ihiala, Anambra (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.