Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job (9695 Views)

4 Funny Ways To Impress Interviewers At Any Interview And Get The Job / The Job Factory / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by sinola(m): 7:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Dear ops......
Thank you for this wonderful piece of information.However,my question is what if one don't have any access to reach them like the one i attended just few weeks back,i was actually called using a hidden number,in that case,how will one reach the interviewer or maybe the employers.
I want to know whether one can channel the 'thank you' letter to the company's official email address or maybe through security post.
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by peterjero(m): 8:22am On Sep 28, 2016
sinola:
Dear ops......
Thank you for this wonderful piece of information.However,my question is what if one don't have any access to reach them like the one i attended just few weeks back,i was actually called using a hidden number,in that case,how will one reach the interviewer or maybe the employers.
I want to know whether one can channel the 'thank you' letter to the company's official email address or maybe through security post.
This was how I got the details, after the interview I asked the man for his card and he declined and insisted politely because I came for sales job interview and a salesman never accepts a no he eventually accepted. No matter how big a company is, the company is week that's why they need your strength, I will be interviewing people on Friday surprisingly I'm scared. So never be afraid of the interview because you have nothing to loose.
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by babyfaceafrica: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2016
Lero15:

What will be may not be. Nothing is certain.
death is certain
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by Lero15(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
death is certain
lol
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by samadet(m): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2016
Good points and encouraging.
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by Hemdy4jazz: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2016
Am a living witness by God grace. I just landed a new job last week. After tough interview session that has to do with Engineering background and good experience, because I didn't get enough chance to prepare my self well for the interview I my scored myself 70%. When I got home I was furious with my self and I decided to text back the number that message me for the interview. I thanked him for given me an opportunity and told him I might had bad interview but that was not all in my pocket. The following day, I received a text message to appear for the second and third phase of the interview and I eventually picked Base on experience, my clever move and ultimately by Allah grace.
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by cdoffx(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2016
good point raised
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by Zirah: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2016
You got the job in spite of your thank you letter not because of it. Note the difference.

If you think your thank you letter got you that job, you might as well have your thank you letter in handy each time you screw on that job. You got the job because you were better than other candidates. Nothing else.

Hemdy4jazz:
Am a living witness by God grace. I just landed a new job last week. After tough interview session that has to do with Engineering background and good experience, because I didn't get enough chance to prepare my self well for the interview I my scored myself 70%. When I got home I was furious with my self and I decided to text back the number that message me for the interview. I thanked him for given me an opportunity and told him I might had bad interview but that was not all in my pocket. The following day, I received a text message to appear for the second and third phase of the interview and I eventually picked Base on experience, my clever move and ultimately by Allah grace.
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by KenModi(m): 9:52am On Sep 28, 2016
LastMumu:

You ma sef dey book space, chai. grin

Someone has taken his time to write an educative piece that would be beneficial to all job seekers to aid them in getting jobs on time, you lot had to find a way of squeezing religion into it. Nigerian graduates, I bow for una.

Believing in God doesnt necessarily make one religious.

@your moniker......let me comment my reserve grin
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by jojothaiv(m): 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
queenmonalisa01:
my dear thank you letter or not if the witch for ur community dey worry you nah only God go fit help you. why not write the thank you letter to God
Hmmm, smiles in Awori..
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by nenergy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
My brother, you've spoken well. Sadly Nigerian HRMs aren't professionals themselves, hence they don't value things like this.
Re: 5 Reasons A Written Thank You Letter Can Land The Job by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
That's not true.
femi4:
All this rubbish point doesn't work in this part of the world.

What will get you job in Nigeria are just 2points.

1. Know God

2. Know people that matter

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exxon Mobil & Shell Test / N-power Beneficiaries Threaten To Embark On Strike / Nationwide Recruitment At Sustainable Development International, SUSDEVI, Januar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.