Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,642 members, 7,854,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

In The Beginning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Beginning (791 Views)

September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse / Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum / Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Beginning by mantraa: 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2009
Please can a christian watch this short animated video then explain to me how the creation story in the bible makes sense. 

Part 1: in the beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcWR9sjBy3A&annotation_id=annotation_65236&feature=iv

Part 2: adam and eve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRGnPIlclps&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=0886D8914D5FA08F
Re: In The Beginning by noetic15(m): 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2009
why dont YOU watch the video and then ask questions. . . . .to educate ur ignorance and concerns.
Re: In The Beginning by RiffRaff: 11:39pm On Oct 14, 2009
Dont waste ur time on mytological story. Zeus really startd d world.
Re: In The Beginning by lightwalk(m): 6:10am On Oct 15, 2009
delusions grin grin cheesy
Re: In The Beginning by jagunlabi(m): 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2009
No,eledumare did.
Riff-Raff:

Zeus really startd d world.
Re: In The Beginning by mazaje(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
Allah did. . .
Re: In The Beginning by jagunlabi(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
chineke did . . .
Re: In The Beginning by DeepSight(m): 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2009
Mazaje/ Jagunlabi -

Is it your expectation that all the peoples of the world would have the same word for the Creator, regardless of their different languages
Re: In The Beginning by mazaje(m): 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2009
Deep Sight:

Mazaje/ Jagunlabi -

Is it your expectation that all the peoples of the world would have the same word for the Creator, regardless of their different languages

What has different names got to do with different myths?
Re: In The Beginning by DeepSight(m): 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2009
^^^ Does it not strike you that the myths have a common denominator, to wit: that a "Supreme being" created the world?

Is it not pedantic to labour over the obvious fact that each tribe would embellish that common denominator with side-tales to suit its cultural fancies

How does that matter at all??
Re: In The Beginning by jagunlabi(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2009
No.I do not expect them to have the same label for the creator regardless of their different languages.And neither do i expect them to try and impose their own ideas of the creator on the other as is obviously done today.Why should arabs, jews, or anglo-saxons impose their own label and idea of the creator on a yoruba person like me,as if i don't have my own labels or ideas of what the creator is or should be, like they do?Why can't they keep their ideas and labels to themselves and leave me with mine?Why try so desperately to convince me that my ideas and labels of the creator are wrong and theirs are right?Can you see the problem,deepsight?
Deep Sight:

Mazaje/ Jagunlabi -

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan Kerim / God Can Meet Your Needs This Way / Good Words To Hear And Good People To See That May Benefit The Individual.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.