Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi (19623 Views)

States To Receive 13% Derivation From Mining Revenue — FG / FG Secures 13% Derivation Mining Revenue For States / RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
Absolute nonsense. Why must Federal Govt still control solid minerals. States should own 100% and pay tax to these idiots at Abuja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by RockHard: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
timeman:
Afonja Slaves in SW & North better go back to SE & start digging up coals for their own share of 13%.
Kiss the truth!

Receive sense and learn. Smh.

http://businessdayonline.com/ogun-emerges-mining-capital-of-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by watchindelta(m): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:
Some Niger Delta Avengers are already upset, the poster above me calling the mining state parasite. In real sense you're the Parasite. Read again, they did not say the revenue will come from oil, rather from the solid minerals extracted from their own land. Hatred will kill you.
so who na don leave igbo undecided so na niger delta u ppl wan face em. as u take kn say na niger delta self
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Caseless: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
Great!
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Caseless: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:
Some Niger Delta Avengers are already upset, the poster above me calling the mining state parasite. In real sense you're the Parasite. Read again, they did not say the revenue will come from oil, rather from the solid minerals extracted from their own land. Hatred will kill you.
don't mind the cow.

1 Like

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by 4nobody4every1: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by wristbangle: 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
modath:

You can say that again, Ilesa in Osun state has major gold deposits that chinese have been illegally mining, it's with speed that the governor will begin shook eye now.

On point modath. Long time smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Dalek(m): 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
tiwiex:

I thought the 13% derivation was to compensate the oil producing states. The goose that lays the golden egg. I see no justification in giving part of it to the mining states unless it can be proven they contribute significantly to the purse. I also foresee another problem. Many states have solid minerals even in the north. This seems like a strategy to share 13% derivatives to states that were not even part of the idea. When solid minerals start generating revenue, they can take 13% of that. I thought Fayemi's job was to bring in FDI to make that sector viable?

plss do understand the point, they are not giving them 13% derivative out of oil revenue. This 13% will be coming from the revenue generated by states who mine solid minerals. so your oil is safe.... ok

2 Likes

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by yaki84: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:
if u been read well n comprehend u for see say d 13percent na from fund wey federal govt set aside from oil revenue to take establish or develop d mining sector.
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Caseless: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
tiwiex:

I thought the 13% derivation was to compensate the oil producing states. The goose that lays the golden egg. I see no justification in giving part of it to the mining states unless it can be proven they contribute significantly to the purse. I also foresee another problem. Many states have solid minerals even in the north. This seems like a strategy to share 13% derivatives to states that were not even part of the idea. When solid minerals start generating revenue, they can take 13% of that. I thought Fayemi's job was to bring in FDI to make that sector viable?
I don't understand "even in the north" . Over 75% of solid minerals found in Nigeria are in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Teechawa: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
States should be given 50% while the FG takes 50% of the proceeds of the mine. Then and only then will we see so many mines opening up. In fact, states will pay whoever to discover economically viable mines. States will ensure that the mines work effectively and efficiently.
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by danot1030: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good policy. niger delta is gradually losing relevance, their hooliganism has ended becoming a blessing in disguise to Nigeria, we soon discovered that it's not only through oil that we can make money, thus bringing some none oil producing states with solid minirals to relevance.

1 Like

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by reptile1: 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hope they're giving them 13% from sale of their solid mineral not crude oil? undecided
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Caseless: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

Go and read again, He says active mining state. You said "even in the north". So north is your problem, it's the land you hate. I see
kogi people will be like ? Coal and limestone being actively mined by dangote and if their stolen oil well is recovered, and they become an oil producing state, I think the state will be rich again. They better change the slogan of the state to "multiple 13 % derivator "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
yaki84:

if u been read well n comprehend u for see say d 13percent na from fund wey federal govt set aside from oil revenue to take establish or develop d mining sector.

And what was used to establish the oil sector decades ago? ist not from Federal government account with money from cotton, cocoa and groundnut. Just because you don't know history, doesn't mean everyone is like u
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by enigma2007(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

And what was used to establish the oil sector decades ago? ist not from Federal government account with money from cotton, cocoa and groundnut. Just because you don't know history, doesn't mean everyone is like u

Good response! Most of them thought that the oil wells/fields flowed out of the ground automatically..
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by anonimi: 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
4nobody4every1:
U no dey taya grin grin grin

Shey the public servants don tire to dey steal our money ni?
So why me sef go tire to dey expose them, in the hope that their 200 million mumu fellow citizens will wake up.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMWUS1W_ITc

1 Like

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Rett0: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

You just realized it's their land. The same people shouting crush NDA. You now know what hatred means. The major reason why Nigeria won't prosper is Tribalism
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by anonimi: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

I thought that it was the Multinational oil companies that were LICENSED to establish the sector that brought in the money.
Am I wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by wink2015(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nonsense! It is laughable for Minister Fayemi to thinks Nigeria can make so much from mining. I do not think so. It is just a political weapon to blackmail the Niger deltan who are calling for resource control.
So the talk about paying 13 per cent to states with viable mining sectors is just a political tool just to spit on the face of the Niger deltan.

There is no way Nigeria can get the kind of money they receive from petroleum exporting in the solid mineral mining.

Mining in itself is arduous, tasking, with long suffering. It is not like the easy petroleum where you just pump crude and export and get your dollars.

Nigeria should go and study the stress Australia passed through to get their mining sectors to an international standard.

Meanwhile, the government is creating the false impression that mining is just starting in Nigeria whereas states government in Nigeria have been conducting mining secretly for years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
enigma2007:

Good response! Most of them thought that the oil wells/fields flowed out of the ground automatically..

They are brainless, selfish and self-interested
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by 4nobody4every1: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
anonimi:

Shey the public servants don tire to dey steal our money ni?
So why me sef go tire to dey expose them, in the hope that their 200 million mumu fellow citizens will wake up.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMWUS1W_ITc
If Buhari must win the next election, he must get you arrested and locked up because you are destroying APC change mantra on Naiarland, l have tracked your IP and l know your location, expect EFCC within the next 48 hours, anonimi must be arrested grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Rett0: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

So you don't know that ND contributed to the national revenue in the days of Agricultural export. Please wake up N stop being Tribalistic

1 Like

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
anonimi:

I thought that it was the Multinational oil companies that were LICENSED to establish the sector that brought in the money.
Am I wrong?

You are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by anonimi: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:
You are wrong.

Kindly explain, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by rudekidd: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

groundnuts didn't contribute sh*t to Nigeria cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by CSTR2: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by modath(f): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
wristbangle:

On point mo. Long time smiley

smiley
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
anonimi:

Kindly explain, thanks.

Money from Federal account was used to found the project though it involves contribution from international companies. The same thing in mining, example is Kaduna nickel is being done by Australian company though money from Federal account is used.
Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
[s]
CSTR2:
You are brainless.
Who cares what minerals you find in your God-forsaken land? It is not going to improve your lives anyway given how corrupt and backward you northern folks are. It is just more wealth for your many oligarches while poverty and standard of living drops.
I would have been more joyful if discovering these minerals means northern secession from the south. That would have been the real good news.
[/s]

Ipob

2 Likes

Re: Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi by Blue3k(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
Billyonaire:
Absolute nonsense. Why must Federal Govt still control solid minerals. States should own 100% and pay tax to these idiots at Abuja

Thank you I ask this daily nobody seems to notice. There needs to be constitutional reform to make it so land and mineral rights are returned to individuals. Take it out of domain of Fedreal Government. Stop national cakes and let states compete for investment in market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Loans: Nigeria Is Now On The Auction Market - PDP / Buhari And Akufo-Addo Meet In Aso Rock / Buhari's Appointments Favoured The North More - New Telegraph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.