Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Watercooled PC Build For The Missus - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Watercooled PC Build For The Missus (7261 Views)

Looking For The Best Performance-per-dollar Gaming Pc Build / PC Build For Fellow Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:26am On Sep 30, 2016
**UPDATED 29/10/2016, SEE NEXT PAGE**

PRICE LIST (incomplete)- - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/fLbW9W

With the missus wanting to record her MKX gameplay at 1080p60 and share on Youtube, it's about time she got herself a new PC...previous one sold and due to constraints mine can't be used (who would, its my second lover)

This build will have custom liquid loop, braided cables, and coolant. Color scheme is white, black and purple.

Her new PC will be her xmas present (to herself because she does things like that) so the components will be purchased between now and xmas.

Part acquired for now are the
XSPC Raystorm CPU cooler,
XSPC 240mm Radiator (Black)
Avexir Core series (White)
EKWB compression fittings (Black),
Thermaltake 120mm LED fans (White LED)
Corsair SFX 450W PSU

Proposed parts are the
Parvum Veer ITX case (White)
Core i5-6400
Soft clear tubing
Coolant (Purple)
Nvidia GTX1060/AMD RX470

More Parts Description Below & Next Page

1 Like

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by KazukiIto(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2016
No need to order for popcorn and yoyo bitters, xmas still far. Anyway, your students are following...
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2016
KazukiIto:
No need to order for popcorn and yoyo bitters, xmas still far. Anyway, your students are following...

Haha! I hear that...special ticket reserve for you sha! on standby
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by KazukiIto(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2016
AKBliv010:

Haha! I hear that...special ticket reserve for you sha! on standby
Thank you Sir...
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by bertoseve: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
Akbliv010 doing his thing! i remember you made mention that you will be building a rig for THE MISSUS.,,, now its live! you have the full attention of your students on this, am interested how this will turn out.
AKBliv010:
With the missus wanting to record her MKX gameplay at 1080p60 and share on Youtube, it's about time she got herself a new PC...previous one sold and due to constraints mine can't be used (who would, its my second lover)

This build will have custom liquid loop, braided cables, and coolant. Color scheme is white, black and purple.

Her new PC will be her xmas present (to herself because she does things like that) so the components will be purchased between now and xmas.

Corsair SFX 450W PSU

Proposed parts are the
Core i5-6400
Soft clear tubing
Coolant (Purple)
Nvidia GTX1060/AMD RX470

Stay tuned for more
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
bertoseve:
Akbliv010 doing his thing! i remember you made mention that you will be building a rig for THE MISSUS.,,, now its live! you have the full attention of your students on this, am interested how this will turn out.

This should look good, we've talk about this back and forth. It started out as a HTPC for watching movies and that's evolved to doing something bit more productive and still have access to some of my games on steam and similar...but it was always going to be pimped with a custom liquid loop, RGB lighting.

1 Like

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by 3KINGZ18: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Bro two high end graphics card are you gonna place that in the pc
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
3KINGZ18:
Bro two high end graphics card are you gonna place that in the pc
It's going to just one bro...I think she will settle for the AMD RX470 and get a waterblock for it.
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by 3KINGZ18: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
AKBliv010:
It's going to just one bro...I think she will settle for the AMD RX470 and get a waterblock for it.
k then ride on
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by FK4reel(m): 2:56am On Oct 04, 2016
new student in the class! lemme get my paper and pen asap. akbliv, 3king, berto, kazu carry on!
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2016
FK4reel:
new student in the class! lemme get my paper and pen asap. akbliv, 3king, berto, kazu carry on!

where my attendance list sef? lool....thanks for joining bro...hope you pick up a thing or 2...
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by KazukiIto(m): 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
Akbliv I need the cheapest copy of legal CS:GO, I've got the pirated version. I want to go pro. You know where I can get it?
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
KazukiIto:
Akbliv I need the cheapest copy of legal CS:GO, I've got the pirated version. I want to go pro. You know where I can get it?

https://www.g2a.com/counter-strike-global-offensive-global.html

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/counter-strike-global-offensive-pc-cd-key-steam

1 Like

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by Joered63: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
AKBliv010:

where my attendance list sef? lool....thanks for joining bro...hope you pick up a thing or 2...

pls sir, I have a budget of about 165k but with the current recession I need ur advice on the better option between buying a new laptop or building a PC.
I already have an old laptop which meets my casual needs like movies, and other basic functions, but I need to explore the world of gaming like u guys and also be able to do some light architectural designs seamlessly. thanks

1 Like

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by RX480(m): 1:09am On Oct 06, 2016
don't mind me

1 Like

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 7:39am On Oct 13, 2016
Sneak peek. XSPC Raystorm CPU waterblock

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by ibawon(m): 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
AKBliv010:
Sneak peek. XSPC Raystorm CPU waterblock
Boss when I saw this I opened my mouth and said
WOW shocked
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by kimco(m): 1:07am On Oct 16, 2016
AKBliv010:

Corsair SFX 450W PSU

Proposed parts are the
Core i5-6400
Soft clear tubing
Coolant (Purple)
Nvidia GTX1060/AMD RX470

Stay tuned for more

How much is it costing you?
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 9:09am On Oct 16, 2016
kimco:

How much is it costing you?

Will include this when all parts are purchased with custom builds things can change quite easily. The budget is £500 but I already have some parts from a previous build.
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by FK4reel(m): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2016
ibawon:

Boss when I saw this I opened my mouth and said
WOW shocked
Damn! I open my mouth. I'll not ask questions now.
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
FK4reel:

Damn! I open my mouth. I'll not ask questions now.
abeg feel free to ask questions o
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hi, guys a midway update as all the core components have arrived. So what do we have

CPU:
We found a very good deal on the i5-6600 for the price of the i5-6400 so this was pretty much a no-brainer. The i5-6600 is a 4C/4T(4 core, 4 threads) CPU with a base clock of 3.3GHz and boost to 3.9GHz with a TDP ( Thermal Design Power) of 65W and will be more than enough for 1080P gaming and light video editing. We decided to go for the non-K series as there are no plans to do any overclocking. Getting a non-K series CPU influenced the choice of the motherboard, a non-Z series motherboard.

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Motherboard : Asus H110i, a mini-itx motherboard that features DDR4 memory compatibility and supports upto 32GB using 2 DIMM slots, UEFI Bios, Fan Xpert 2+, Intel 1151 (i3/i5/i7) support with Turbo boost Technology, 6 USB 2.0, 4 USB3.0 ports, 4x SATA 6GB/s ports. With an excellent price point, it fits very well within the budget.

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
RAM: Avexir Core White Series. Only 8GB will be used for this build which is adequate for the missus' gaming and daily usage. The modules with heatsink that have white LEDS to give it edge when placed in a windowed case. The RAM's XMP profile sports a chip clocked at 2400MHz with timings CL16-16-16-36 at 1.2V. The fast memory will help improve gaming recording, encoding and a small impact on gaming.

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
XPSC Raystorm CPU cooler - the custom liquid loop won't be complete without this exceptional product from XSPC. This is supplied with 2x white LEDs to provide a nice outline on the CPU block when powered on. This should keep the CPU will within design limit tempartures when being tasked.

1 Like

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
GPU: AMD RX470 - This was a tough one to choose but the missus was sold with AMD's new and improved tech support and companies development plans (shrugs). The card isn't much slower than the RX480 but the price point was very good and I'd recommend this over the RX480 for 1080P gaming. This card by Saphirre is an overclocked version and sports a core clock of 932Mhz and boosts to 1216 Mhz, 4GB VRAM@ 7000Mhz, is VR + HDR + Freesync + Crossfire Ready and DX12 optimised on the FinFET 14nm.

1 Like

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
EKWB RX480 waterblock - This was bought for the complete water loop system to cool the core components. The RX470 and 480 share the same PCB layout hence the RX480 block. This will keep the GPU core temperature in check and give some room for overclocking, after all it allows it.

This product also ships with a single slot bracket to convert the dual slot on the original cooler when the waterblock is installed (video coming)

Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by KazukiIto(m): 6:43am On Oct 18, 2016
Class is in session.
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by 3KINGZ18: 7:19am On Oct 18, 2016
Guys between core i7 and core m which one is more powerful
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 7:59am On Oct 18, 2016
KazukiIto:
Class is in session.
Lool..dis guy sef, no kee mi with laff.
Re: Watercooled PC Build For The Missus by AKBliv010(m): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2016
3KINGZ18:
Guys between core i7 and core m which one is more powerful

I've compared the fastest processor in the Core M series with an i7-5500U as the Core M only has 2C/4T. They both operate very closely in performance as we see the boost clocks are very similar...where the Core M is desirable is power consumption so you laptop will run cooler 15W of the core i7 and 4.5W for the core M

If you have specific models numbers, please share.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Top 10 Video Games / Game Development Courses & Certification Online / Android Fifa 14 2016/2017 Latest Transfers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.