Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,707 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

PC Build For Fellow Nairalander - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PC Build For Fellow Nairalander (10961 Views)

Looking For A Good Gaming Chair Who Can Support A Big Fellow / Looking For The Best Performance-per-dollar Gaming Pc Build / Watercooled PC Build For The Missus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
Folling a request from a fellow nairalander, I will be building a budget oriented PC here and shipping to Nigeria. It's a mix of new and used parts based on the availablily of some of the components required. It should be noted other options of parts choice were discussed and this was tailored for his needs and budget.
The build will be primarily used to run some Engineering CAD software and light video editing tasks and also be able to handle some gaming.

Here's a parts list

CPU - Intel core i5-2400 - This is compatible with the LGA1155 socket and sports 4 physical cores so will be great for multitasking and running applications that make use of multithreading.
Motherboard - Asus H61M microATX motherboard
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB - excellent 1080P card with the 4GB buffer...most games will run at High Setting
RAM - Team Elite 1600MHz DDR3 8GB - this is very essential for multitasking and CAD/Light video editing programs
PSU - Corsair 430W 80+ certified semi modular unit. This should make cable management easier to deal with.
HDD - 2000GB Western Digital hardrive...plent of space for games, music and videos
Case - Corsair Carbide 88R windowed case- good airflow case when its time for gaming, silent for when doing light tasks.
Case fan - Antec True UFO 120mm White LED airflow fan

I should have the parts delivered by the end of the week and hopefully will upload a video build of it...I just need a camera stand or cameraman grin... I'll have to ask the missus nicely.

3 Likes

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
one more item in the parts list

Wireless Network card - TP LINK 150MBps wireless network card
Monitor - 22inch PC Monitor

I've noticed a few typos in the original post but can't change them as I may get banned (which I did get intially) so bear with me.
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
What an intro! cheesy, definitely caught my attention ....i'll be following this for sure.
AKBliv010:
Folling a request from a fellow nairalander, I will be building a budget oriented PC here and shipping to Nigeria. It's a mix of new and used parts based on the availablily of some of the components required. It should be noted other options of parts choice were discussed and this was tailored for his needs and budget.
The build will be primarily used to run some Engineering CAD software and light video editing tasks and also be able to handle some gaming.

Here's a parts list

CPU - Intel core i5-2400 - This is compatible with the LGA1155 socket and sports 4 physical cores so will be great for multitasking and running applications that make use of multithreading.
Motherboard - Asus H61M microATX motherboard
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB - excellent 1080P card with the 4GB buffer...most games will run at High Setting
RAM - Team Elite 1600MHz DDR3 8GB - this is very essential for multitasking and CAD/Light video editing programs
PSU - Corsair 430W 80+ certified semi modular unit. This should make cable management easier to deal with.
HDD - 2000GB Western Digital hardrive...plent of space for games, music and videos
Case - Corsair Carbide 88R windowed case- good airflow case when its time for gaming, silent for when doing light tasks.
Case fan - Antec True UFO 120mm White LED airflow fan

I should have the parts delivered by the end of the week and hopefully will upload a video build of it...I just need a camera stand or cameraman grin... I'll have to ask the missus nicely.
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by KazukiIto(m): 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
How much will it cost for this build? In naira.
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
KazukiIto:
How much will it cost for this build? In naira.
we are looking in the region of #200k+ All in PC, monitor, keyboard & mouse + shipping (depending on weight of item)
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:11am On Aug 24, 2016
CCTV Mounted ..

Following cool ..

2 Likes

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by KazukiIto(m): 6:52am On Aug 25, 2016
AKBliv010:
we are looking in the region of #200k+ All in PC, monitor, keyboard & mouse + shipping (depending on weight of item)
$500. Continue...
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hi peeps, it's been quite a while now. Just been gathering the parts required for this NL Build which is now done and I got a tripod for my camera so I went ahead with a video...pardon the amatuerish look. If you are good at editing video, writing scripts, hit me up on my email blivak010@gmail.com

Video link -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kHTcH5dBFs

5 Likes

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by Ayoro(m): 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
This is a machine. You are taking gaming to another level. I will encourage everyone to get one of these.

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2016
Pretty nice video you gat here, even though you are claiming amature. wink Thing is,videos like this are meant to pass on a message and educate and my! did this video do it! smileyam sure a lot of us here in 9ja will like to get one budget build like this built for then by you....any seriuos gamer will. th
AKBliv010:
Hi peeps, it's been quite a while now. Just been gathering the parts required for this NL Build which is not done and I got a tripod for my camera so I went ahead with a video...pardon the amatuerish look. If you are good at editing video, writing scripts, hit me up on my email blivak010@gmail.com

Video link -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kHTcH5dBFs

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by icekream(m): 10:57am On Aug 28, 2016
Nice one bro... Would also love to get one soon as I have cah

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
Build is now complete-ish. Just waiting for a replacement HDD and install the OS etc. I'm running Windows 10 off my own laptop SSD. There's a time-lapsed video of the build in the making but for now I share some photos. I'm currently using the PC as I type. I'm impressed with it's performance for daily tasks it's quick. I'll be doing some gaming benchmarks later and [s]I'll post in the relevant section, gaming on the GTX 960 thread.[/s]

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2016

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by Toroze(m): 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
Oh snap that looks....Wow
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
Toroze:
Oh snap that looks....Wow
Thanks bro, coming from you...I feel honored!
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
HD Video AC:Syndicate on NL Build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFBgz9pzT40

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
Batman Arkham Knight NL Build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAji6i5BS8E

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
Video Encoding with Xilisoft Converter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWaq5-7cQ8o

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lolz, AKBliv010 ,what can i say...like the other dude said, p.c build pictures are WOW! shocked ,haven seen this, one would be wondering how is it that you say some of the components are used,...they look new to me! besides the you did a very professional job here, by that i mean the assembly resembles that done by a professional, all the cables are well tucked in(do you have a standard blue print from any brand). you took your time in doing a perfect job. anybody opening this system may be tempted to think its factory supplied or assembled.
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
As one of your "students" in this class, i did't just view the videos you uploaded, i downloaded them, reason being that, i'll like to refer to them from time to time in other to understand and explain this build, yes, its a budget build but you selected the components very well thereby having them compliment each other to chun out performances that are well above a budget build's smiley this my friend, is a RIG! .....look,... all of us should be looking to you to build their own!
AKBliv010:
HD Video FIFA16 on NL Build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rrqmVPYFGQ
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 11:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
bertoseve:
Lolz, AKBliv010 ,what can i say...like the other dude said, p.c build pictures are WOW! shocked ,haven seen this, one would be wondering how is it that you say some of the components are used,...they look new to me! besides the you did a very professional job here, by that i mean the assembly resembles that done by a professional, all the cables are well tucked in(do you have a standard blue print from any brand). you took your time in doing a perfect job. anybody opening this system may be tempted to think its factory supplied or assembled.

Thanks man, really appreciate your feedback. Cable management for me is a must...it's essential when using a windowed case but also aids optimum airflow inside the case and in future makes cleaning out dust easier to manage without wires in the way.

There's no blueprint, every case design is different you have to work around it, using it to it's full potential.

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2016
bertoseve:
As one of your "students" in this class, i did't just view the videos you uploaded, i downloaded them, reason being that, i'll like to refer to them from time to time in other to understand and explain this build, yes, its a budget build but you selected the components very well thereby having them compliment each other to chun out performances that are well above a budget build's smiley this my friend, is a RIG! .....look,... all of us should be looking to you to build their own!

I can put together rigs for different requirements. The key components required for instance a Media content creation rig, gaming rig, web browsing rig are all different but that what I enjoy doing..knowing the limits of each component makes it easy to carefully choose them to compliment each other.

1 Like

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by bertoseve: 12:13am On Aug 29, 2016
well said, bro, well said smiley
AKBliv010:

I can put together rigs for different requirements. The key components required for instance a Media content creation rig, gaming rig, web browsing rig are all different but that what I enjoy doing..knowing the limits of each component makes it easy to carefully choose them to compliment each other.
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 9:25am On Aug 29, 2016
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
DOOM 2016 NL Build

[s]I recorded this video in 4K and encoded in 4K too so hopefully this should be very sharp, well if you've got the bandwidth...it will chew through your data so be mindful.[/s]

I think I need a 4K monitor to record..I try that tomorrow. Sorry for the poor audio quality...i'll work on it next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz4u65XBB5I
Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by KazukiIto(m): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice video. Learnt a lot. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PC Build For Fellow Nairalander by AKBliv010(m): 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
Light Video Editing NL Build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZv8t7XHcR0

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony / Ibadan Gamers Here / Koswc Fifa 21 World Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.