Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) (34139 Views)

Facts About HIV And AIDS Everyone Should Know / 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment / 5 Dreaded Facts About HIV And AIDS That You Need To Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by freetowns: 12:19am On Oct 10, 2016
HIV/AIDS is very real. It is easier for the virus to b transmitted through same sex (homosexuals). Studies have revealed that transmission of HIV through heterosexual sex is 1 in 1000 times. This is more reason why some people might believe it doesn't exist. Also it is easier for a guy to infect a woman with HIV than vice versa. This is because the male sexual organ has just one tiny opening which makes it harder than d female sexual organ which it's opening is way bigger and the virus can transfer easily.
I am amazed that Nigerians do not know that HIV can be prevented by at least 95% by use of d same drug used by positive people. This drug is termed PREP. If u want to go skin to skin and prevent urself getting d virus to d bearest minimum, then my brother u shuld go and get the ARV drugs and take them. That's the same with gay people who have anal sex with their gay partners. Taking and using ur PREP drugs whilst having anal sex with ur partner would prevent you from getting d virus by at least 95%. Also married men who have tested positive to HIV and have an undetectable Viral load can also make it almost impossible to transfer the virus to their wives by making sure their negative wive take the PREP drugs too. This is like a vaccine against HIV, only that u take the drugs everyday like ur positive /reactive partner.

Trust me when I say Nigerians are still in d dark when it comes to HIV. This is why it is killing and infecting us in the hundreds every day.

At the end of the day, go and get tested every 6months.Early diagnosis would help u live a longer and better life like ur negative friends.

Advantage of early diagnosis
You would get to do a full body work test which might show if u are developing any other form of illness like cancer, diabetes, liver and kidney issue before it kills you. But when people are negative, they are not subdued to this overall body test. This is why HIV negative people still die frequently more than those who are positive.

Also when u find out ur HIV status, it would help you live a much better, healthier life than u live now when u are negative.

It will also help you save ur family and children.

Go get tested today Guys. Hiv is no longer a death sentence. Cancer is more deadly than HIV.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 2:54am On Oct 10, 2016
iwadobo:

That thing Na scam . HIV test read some harmless chromosomes in your system and tagged it HIV . I know of okada rider who had an accident and was rushed to the hospital somewhere in Abule Egba , Lagos . The doctor in the private hospital tested his blood for HIV and he was found to be positive , he was the reader referred to sango general hospital Ota, where it was confirmed to be true . But this guy never agreed that he has some hidden sickness as he has never fallen ill for once though a Chian smoker . Every now and then , he was made to queue along people suffering from various illnesses such as K . Sarcoma, tuberculosis skin diseases etc all in the name of rerunning HIV test for viral load.

When the guy confided in me his predicament, I made him to do some searching as to why HIV cannot and will NEVER be the cause of AIDS and why he should stop queing with those people suffering from very contagious diseases. After some searches, he came and told me he has read ,he has watched videos and listen to tapes online and that he is now convinced that the AIDs merchant just wanted to have him killed so as just to count him among people who were positive and later died of AIDs or developed AIDs before they started taken HART . Since 2005 that this thing happened , this guy despite being a chain smoker , with poor living conditions has not even have malaria let alone skin rashes . The wives and children all living heathyly .

So, before you kill yourself when diagnosed of HIV , just know you are only worrying yourself for nothing . You will only die now or developed any major illness when u allowed yourself to be manipulated by those agents of AIDs merchants .

Also, I saw a certain Ibo woman who is a devote to the core . When she was attending ante natal care in a private hospital, she asked to take HIV test and she was found to be positive . So, ahe was asked to go to a government hospital with her husband and children .on getting there , tests were conducted and none of her husband or children was found to be positive . And being a woman known and trusted by her husband, the husband said no, I can never believe this . I know my wife cannot sleep with another man, she has not done any blood transfusion and she had never had any cause to be injected by any Dr or nurse . And being a deeper life member, a devote for that matter , she doesn't go to the salon, so where is the source of this demon in our family . Though I don't know whether she us taking the poisonous HAART, but since 2011 that this thing happened, the woman is still living fine and the baby girl she gave birth to has no sign of illness in her . Yet, the man relocated in shame . He left Abule Egba for igando where he has his personal structure that was not fully ready by then .

This AIDS is just a collection of many known diseases with a positive test to some non existent virus.

THE INCUBATION PERIOD FOR HIV IS (FIFTEEN)15 YEARS!!!

There are people who are resistant. They are carriers and infect other people but the virus does not attack their cells. The occurrence can be as high as 38% in affected couples where you find only one tests positive for the antibody. The other will only test positive is another test is done, which looks for the virus as opposed to antibodies.

HIV is a condition that kills white blood cells. That is why other infections in turn kill the person. It may have been made in a lab but it's very real.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 10, 2016
The dangerous misinformation in this thread is alarming.

The government needs to start spreading information about HIV to save lives.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 10, 2016
GenBuhari:
HIV is a hoax.

AIDS is real but easily curable condition.

HIV is a fraud used as the excuse to use fraudulent HIV meds kill immune system giving the condition called AIDS, which is curable provided the toxic meds are stopped.

People died more before the introduction of ARVs. Nowadays people on treatment are the healthiest people around.

I buried a lot of neighbours and relatives who died in the 90s when Africans were not given ARVs and the UN was busy discussing whether or not Africans could be confused by the required ARV administration routine. Now the only people who die are people in denial and people who do not go for treatment.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 10, 2016
emi14:
Hiv is real what I disagree is that Nigeria is 1st to 3rd most affected in the world. You didn't mention Botswana and Uganda. Research again.
Uganda and Botswana embarked on an education drive that taught people about HIV, prevention and care and the rate of infection reduced. With the misinformation I see here, chances of infection are higher in Nigeria.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 10, 2016
GenBuhari:
My friend our job is not an easy one. I have been on this for 2 years now trying to explain how AIDS is a white man's hoax design for depopulation of Africa.

Many Africans unfortunately are still mentally enslaved and can't question anything the white man tells them even when evidence of white man 's lies are glaring.
God bless you my brother
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by morayo3: 5:12am On Oct 10, 2016
beefblaze:
[center][/center]

Guy u sure sey u neva get d disease, no come dey look for more victims here on NL oooh.. Guys beware... undecided
GBAM
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by madridguy(m): 5:27am On Oct 10, 2016
Ok
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Mann11: 6:07am On Oct 10, 2016
Ighoga898:
I didn't read ur write up. I'm only here to tell people dat it doesn't exist.
It's someone like you that will believe that AIDS stands for American Idea of Discouraging Sex. AIDS is really real.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by emi14: 6:14am On Oct 10, 2016
Muafrika2:

Uganda and Botswana embarked on an education drive that taught people about HIV, prevention and care and the rate of infection reduced. With the misinformation I see here, chances of infection are higher in Nigeria.

Oga my information is not based on media and correspondence. Am on the ground . Travel out, do not clinch to international media misinformation and misleading stories . Am not taking sides rather been realistic.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 10, 2016
Ighoga898:

I liken d way money goes around in circulation to sex.. say 4 instance a certain #20 note is contaminated with a certain deadly disease. Could u begin to imagine how many people dat would die contaminating dat disease. I site dis example bcoz sex circulates desame way money does.

What are you even arguing? Some things are not supposed to be used for jokes.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 10, 2016
GenBuhari:
Ighoga898 does have a point that any contagious disease would over a few decades would be expected to have infected a far greater proportion of the world population at least 50% by now after 40 years.

I am sure mathematicians would understand my argument.

Firstly HIV is not contagious, it's only infectious, and there's only a very limited number of ways thru which you can get the virus, if you avoid any process that would make you exchange;
*blood
*.semenal fluid
*vaginal fluid
*breast fluid
with someone else, HIV no go see you for this life.

Secondly, do you know that anti retroviral therapies have gotten do developed that people who have the virus can now live a healthy long life, once they're taking treatment. Oh you're expecting to still see wasted bony sick patients before you know new people are getting infected?

There are now drugs that even help you to prevent infection and equally there are drugs you take soon after a possible exposure to prevent the virus from incubating even if it has gotten in ur system. (PrEP & PEP)

So the west wants to depopulate Africa and the best they could do is bringing a virus that doesn't kill you for at least another 10yrs after infection, do you even think before you write?

HIV has been caged so much that with the right education, it'd no longer be a threat to human race, but it's people like you who go about confusing people that are obstacles towards eradicating this thing.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 10, 2016
GenBuhari:
If you want to ignore the truth you do so at your own peril.

The AIDS hoax was devised as a way to depopulate Africa.

Wake the f.. Up black people!

Same way polio vaccine was meant to depopulate you, which begs the question, what have you achieved with this your "population"?
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2016
frankloloko:
Don't just google about the sympton you will kill yourself . If you feel you're infected go and buy multivatamins it will slower it and increase your cd4 . It's even more save than using anti viral . Prayer will also help . Sex is every where and girls will always go for the money .

Multivitamins, really? Do you know what multivitamins are?? SMH...
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Caseless: 7:12am On Oct 10, 2016
Ighoga898:
what an illiterate.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by iceberylin(m): 7:20am On Oct 10, 2016
Ighoga898:

if it exists as u claim, wouldn't it have spread across everyone living. my point is if u re d most protective person by using protection or abstaining 4rm sex entirely, there re still other ways dat include every day inevitable daily activities... if u still doubt me any further download Bleep ILLUMINATI by Eminem.
low Iq and high confidence. very bad combination.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 10, 2016
Caseless:
what an illiterate.
idiot
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2016
kenedy175:

Your own ignorance is worse. After I saw the song you said that Eminem sang, I gave up on you. No need arguing on this HIV thing with you sef
what the hell is wrong with you
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2016
Ighoga898:
It does exist, but the answer to your question why we all aren't dead yet is viral load, you see if a hiv positive person have sex with 10 people once, it doesn't mean the 10 people will be infected. It's very possible none of them get infected or 1 or 3 persons do. Their are conditions the virus needs to be transferred, Nigeria is misinformed, if the virus must spread by any fluid contact then yes we might all be dead.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 10, 2016
grossintel:
It does exist, but the answer to your question why we all aren't dead yet is viral load, you see if a hiv positive person have sex with 10 people once, it doesn't mean the 10 people will be infected. It's very possible none of them get infected or 1 or 3 persons do. Their are conditions the virus needs to be transferred, Nigeria is misinformed, if the virus must spread by any fluid contact then yes we might all be dead.
thanks for your meaningful mention. but the rest mumu resorted to insulting me instead of trying to see my point or give me benefit of the doubt.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2016
misscall247:
u foolish ooo,DAT is an estimation
Thanks for the insult
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by sweetilicious(f): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2016
Protect yourself people. This disease is a hinderance to success and growth
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by iwadobo: 8:45am On Oct 10, 2016
Muafrika2:

THE INCUBATION PERIOD FOR HIV IS (FIFTEEN)15 YEARS!!!

There are people who are resistant. They are carriers and infect other people but the virus does not attack their cells. The occurrence can be as high as 38% in affected couples where you find only one tests positive for the antibody. The other will only test positive is another test is done, which looks for the virus as opposed to antibodies.

HIV is a condition that kills white blood cells. That is why other infections in turn kill the person. It may have been made in a lab but it's very real.

Again, the goal post has been shifted from 10 to 15. Truth is that if a virus stays in your body for that long without being able to attack you, it simply means you have subdued the virus . It is a misnomer or even anti science for anyone to think that a virus which has been dormant in the body of the host for fifteen years could still come back and harm the host . By then, if it has not died with the host cells that harbour it, it has become part and parcel of your body and remain harmless . Those guys you see in hospitals have normal sicknesses,it is only a positive test to HIV that makes them AIDS patients.

Which test looks for hiv in the body? Don't you know the prof that invented the PCR which is being used to detect the so called viral load is against its use for such ? According to him, the way the HIV scientists are employing that device to look for HIV is a direct contrast to how he designed the device to be used . He is not just a prof, he is a Nobel prize winner for that invention and he is a denialist .
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Prechy08(m): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2016
Ighoga898:

Nothing kills more than ignorance and its not an excuse in law, health and others
My advise for you my dear friend is to take a work to any Federal Medical Hospital or General Hospital near you, find out their various Date when those affected comes for their Anti-retroviral drug.
Those on that drug look healthier than You, you will never believe
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by iwadobo: 8:59am On Oct 10, 2016
sweetilicious:
Protect yourself people. This disease is a hinderance to success and growth

HIV, if it even exists , is harmless and powerless. The fact is since the AIDS scientist and the big pharma want to make money from it , they have made the test for it mandatory for anything you wanna go for. In that case , you will see a young healthy guy/girl being denied employment because he/she has certain chromosome which doesn't make him/her sick . Prior to the test, the person might have not visited any hospital for any form of ailment ,be it minor or major. But at the end, the person is discriminated against, sidelined , denied and is thereby traumatized. Know it now, you could be a virgin, without any form of blood transfusion, or injection and u could still be tested positive .

In Japan, there was a certain village where people don't go out or have strangers living with them, when the test was conducted , some of them were found to be positive. The question was ,how come ? Who gave them the virus? These are people that were born and bred in that village without mingling with anybody outside their community . They are primitive people ,hence do not go to the hospital. How come some of them became positive to HIV?

Also, there were some blood samples of some soldiers, taken during the second world war, and when they were tested , it was discovered that some of them were positive. Now if hiv has been that long in existence before it was discovered in 1982, by now the whole world would have gone into extinction courtesy of HIV. Let's be wise jor . I only pity those who have suffered for just being positive to some non existing virus .
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by iwadobo: 9:05am On Oct 10, 2016
Prechy08:

Nothing kills more than ignorance and its not an excuse in law, health and others
My advise for you my dear friend is to take a work to any Federal Medical Hospital or General Hospital near you, find out their various Date when those affected comes for their Anti-retroviral drug.
Those on that drug look healthier than You, you will never believe

Looking healthy is different from being healthy . I visit hospitals regularly and I can tell you those guys have normal illnesses. I once advised a guy to save his life by just treat himself of any sickness he had and stop queueing along with those guys with terminal and contagious diseases and since then, the guy can't be happier . . HIV=AIDS is science fraud . Teach them how to read but not how to reason , that was what the white did to the blacks
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2016
Ighoga898:

if it exists as u claim, wouldn't it have spread across everyone living. my point is if u re d most protective person by using protection or abstaining 4rm sex entirely, there re still other ways dat include every day inevitable daily activities... if u still doubt me any further download Bleep ILLUMINATI by Eminem.

I am not sure if Albert Einstein was born better than others, but am 100% sure some people are born stupid!

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by PierreDeFermat(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2016
gebest:
Op don't create parnic on people's heart, u would ve added that, one can still leave a normal life if taken his drug regularly so its not a death sentence, so PLHIVAIDS entertain no fear, its not a death sentence just keep taking ur drugs regularly.
how many people can afford the drugs?
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
PierreDeFermat:

The drugs are given out free of charge, even in Nigeria.
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by gebest: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
PierreDeFermat:
its free
Re: What You Need To Know About HIV/AIDS (important) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
iwadobo:

Again, the goal post has been shifted from 10 to 15. Truth is that if a virus stays in your body for that long without being able to attack you, it simply means you have subdued the virus . It is a misnomer or even anti science for anyone to think that a virus which has been dormant in the body of the host for fifteen years could still come back and harm the host . By then, if it has not died with the host cells that harbour it, it has become part and parcel of your body and remain harmless . Those guys you see in hospitals have normal sicknesses,it is only a positive test to HIV that makes them AIDS patients.

Which test looks for hiv in the body? Don't you know the prof that invented the PCR which is being used to detect the so called viral load is against its use for such ? According to him, the way the HIV scientists are employing that device to look for HIV is a direct contrast to how he designed the device to be used . He is not just a prof, he is a Nobel prize winner for that invention and he is a denialist .

You're just confusing yourself and probably misleading other people in the process, 10-15yrs is the time it takes the virus to degrade your immune system. It could take lesser time it all depends on the state of your body ab initio and other factors.

Don't get it twisted, It's not the virus itself that kills the carrier but opportunistic infections that take advantage of the degraded immune system.

Even though more studeies are still ongoing to better understand this virus and how to do away with it permanently, the existence is not in doubt, never was. Do you know how many people that this thing killed before the advent of antiretrovial drugs?

Even Prof. Abalaka who claimed to have gotten a vaccine for the virus years back, have you heard of him ever since?

You're entitled to believe whatever you choose to but please stop misinforming people,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Nigeria And Japan Sign $18.2m Deal / Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' / 4-Year-Old Boy With Windswept Legs Undergoes Surgery To Correct It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.