Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? (843 Views)

Is The Bible Or The Quran Really Accurate? / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? / Does The Bible Sanction Pre-pubescent Marriages (child Marriage)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by Clementor(m): 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
In many Islamic countries, child marriages are common practice even in Nigeria, like one of Nigeria senator who married a child from Egypt.
Please i want to know if the Quran permits child marriage.
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by costandi(m): 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
Yes it does.

Infact, their prophet Mohamed was a paedophile. He married Aisha at Six and married laid her at nine.
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by MDsambo: 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
costandi:
Yes it does.

Infact, their prophet Mohamed was a paedophile. He married Aisha at Six and married laid her at nine.

Verse from the Qur'an pls...
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by true2god: 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
MDsambo:

Verse from the Qur'an pls...
Quran 65:4.
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by MDsambo: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
true2god:
Quran 65:4.

What does the verse say?
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by APCsupporter: 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
Op don't mind those ignorant Islamophobes that quoted you. You should have asked the question in our section.

As for your Question, no Qur'an or Hadith mentioned the age in which a woman should get married. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) didn't have sex with Aisha until when she got matured enough. Since studies have shown that ladies who give birth to children at a young age are prone to certain dangers and the Shariah is concerned with our health, it is encouraged that a female should fully mature first before getting married. Allah knows best
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by APCsupporter: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
In summary I think it is allowed but not encouraged.
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by true2god: 7:32am On Oct 08, 2016
MDsambo:

What does the verse say?
Quran 65:4: And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease.

The above ayah talked about the waiting period before a divorced woman can remarry in an Islamic state. There are three classes of women mentioned above, all married. The list are:

1) Women who have reached menopause.

2) Women who never mensurated.

3) The pregnant women.

My interest is on the second category, that is women who never mensurated. Girls who never mensurated will be between the ages of 1 to 12, as the case may be. So in Islam, according to Quran 65:4, girls who never mensurated can be married and divorced. A perfect example is the marriage of Mohammed to Aisha. Mohammed married Aisha when she was 6 and started having sex with her when she became 9.

No age limit for girls before they can marry in Islamic states like Saudi arabia and Iran. A girl of 4 can be married to a man of 40, it is part of the sunnah of the Islamic prophet.

Even in the hadith the prophet of allahh asked a Muslim to marry a Virgin who will be more suitable for sweet sex:
Sahih al-Bukhari 2967—Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah: . . . When I took the permission of Allah’s Messenger, he asked me whether I had married a virgin or a matron and I replied that I had married a matron. He said, “Why hadn’t you married a virgin who would have played with you, and you would have played with her?” I replied, “O Allah’s Messenger! My father died (or was martyred) and I have some young sisters, so I felt it not proper that I should marry a young girl like them who would neither teach them manners nor serve them.”

You can see that Mohammed encouraged underage marriage and sex, both in the hadith and the Qur'an. If Muslims read the Qur'an, study and analyse its content it would have been better, but most Muslims only recite Arabic quran , like parrots, with zero or little understanding.

Islam encourages child marriage bro and Mohammed was a pedofile.
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by true2god: 7:35am On Oct 08, 2016
APCsupporter:
Op don't mind those ignorant Islamophobes that quoted you. You should have asked the question in our section.

As for your Question, no Qur'an or Hadith mentioned the age in which a woman should get married. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) didn't have sex with Aisha until when she got matured enough. Since studies have shown that ladies who give birth to children at a young age are prone to certain dangers and the Shariah is concerned with our health, it is encouraged that a female should fully mature first before getting married. Allah knows best
It is insanity for a man of 51 to lust after a 6 yr old girl who is young enough to be a grand daughter. Mohammed marriage to Aisha is a bad example to follow and this alone disqualifies him from being a responsible man let alone a prophet.

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by true2god: 7:36am On Oct 08, 2016
APCsupporter:
In summary I think it is allowed but not encouraged.
You mean child marriage is allowed but not encouraged? Who allowed child marriage, Mohammed or decent people?
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by APCsupporter: 7:53am On Oct 08, 2016
true2god:
It is insanity for a man of 51 to lust after a 6 yr old girl who is young enough to be a grand daughter. Mohammed marriage to Aisha is a bad example to follow and this alone disqualifies him from being a responsible man let alone a prophet.

What do you have to say about your god that had sex with mary?

1 Like

Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by true2god: 7:58am On Oct 08, 2016
APCsupporter:

Proof.
Re: Does The Quran Really Permit Child Marriage ? by shadeyinka(m): 8:45am On Oct 08, 2016
APCsupporter:

So myopic in thinking!
Your thought isn't even Islamic!

(1) (Reply)

I Pity All The Nigerian Pastors Predicting Hillary Will Win. / Setting The Record Straight- Jehovah's Witnesses / TB Joshua Prophesied About The Recession 3 Years Ahead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.