Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth (33090 Views)

Doctor Removes Huge Fibroids, Warns Nigerian Women. Graphic Photos / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth / Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by omoadeleye(m): 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
Uhmm
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Familyfirst:

In developed countries it is zero % women that died in Labor,we need to do something about this in Nigeria.
I read series of Family issues like this on www.familyparliament.com
no country records zero% sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
Decryptor:

My brother i just tire. They use this labour pain thing to try to blackmail us like it is out of this world! Animals like Dogs and goats give birth to multiple infants at once and no one bats an eyelid but just a visit to labor room to drop 1 pikin and they'll be expecting us to give them Nobel Prize! Mtchewwwww!
I feel for your wife if you're married... If not... I feel for your future wife.

16 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by TheArchangel(f): 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
VaginaTerrorist:
Madam pls, R U Dr or Nurse
I am, SIR tongue

6 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by almustopha82(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
NO 1 happen to my wife on delivery day. She started bleeding during the labour. They operate her but she couldn't make it alive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Decryptor(m): 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
Benita27:
I feel for your wife you're married... If not... I feel for your future wife.

No one is saying that giving birth is easy but you women should stop shoving it all over our faces like it is out of this world! If giving birth is as tedious as it sounds and horrific the way you people put it, then why is it that you still see women getting pregnant even after 4 or 5 children?

The fact that i as a man has to hustle and feed a woman and children is enough labor which surpasses 9 Months of Gestation and some hours of child labor...IT'S FOR A LIFETIME so you are meant to rather "feel for me"

Just recently, i came across an article that debunked this "feminist myth" photo below that is being posted all over social media and funny enough, the article was even written by a woman.

Just Google the phrase "Dels of Pain" and learn!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
almustopha82:
NO 1 happen to my wife on delivery day. She started bleeding during the labour. They operate her but she couldn't make it alive
#Sad! cry May her soul rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by jennyebi(f): 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
nice....in addition to the above causes which are actually direct causes, there are also background causes of mortality which include:: discrimination against the girl child, illiteracy, poverty, too frequent pregnancies, some terrible socio-cultural beliefs dt prevents women from making decisions concerning their lives /health n even religious beliefs.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
Indeed it's very rampant, and made worse by illiteracy and cultural practices. I would love to share a case of peripartal mortality that happened yesterday at the hospital and the lessons to be learned but many semi-literate folks here would read it upside down with their garage/market women idiosyncrasy.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by PROWESX(m): 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
anny268:
Hehe.. I'm scared already.
why na, you will surely passthrough it without any obstacle by special grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by grandlexuz(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
B
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by dadabashua1(m): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
and one of the major reason is some men don't take ANC serious for their pregnant wives.. during my service year I encountered a very sad experience, where by the man find it difficult to pay a token of 2500 to register his wife for a weekly ANC days all through the pregnancy,mean while she have been complaining to him about not feeling the movement of the baby anymore yet he showed no concern.. to cut it short.. the baby died months in her womb.. the time they brought her it was to late, we tried our best after many hours of CS... d child hav even decomposed in her.. as such infect most of her internal organs... we lost her. it was so painful, a young lady for that matter... for the married men reading this pls don't play with your wives ANC,pls am begging u guys.. we treat God heals... God see the pregnant ladies through.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by wordcat(m): 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
You forget the one that kills most which is going against doctor's advice, a.k.a "our pastor said that I must deliver like other women"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by KardinalZik(m): 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
E be like say baby mamas plenty for nairaland, coz they've been acting single ladies ....but are now sharing experiences of child labor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Fingesi(m): 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Iamhatey:
Guys appreciate the woman that put her life on the line to make you a proud father. Another way of showing you love can't be more than that.

Yes na... We will love her in return. But Since she can put her life on the line to make her man proud, thats enough reason why she should love same man all the years of her life and never do anything to hurt him.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by ceeceeuwa: 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
God saved me from that number 4. My enemies would have been forgotten, but he used the team of doctors from a popular hospital in lagos to care for me. Imagine undergoing an exploratory laparotomy a week after CS...I am a living testimony of God's faithfulness. The healing process afterwards was fast... grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by teacherbim(f): 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
divinehand2003:
Nice article my dear OP
I would also add that, the 3 levels of delay in the management of pregnant women have contributed to a majority of maternal mortality especially in poor or developing countries like Nigeria.
U are right
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by teacherbim(f): 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Decryptor:

My brother i just tire. They use this labour pain thing to try to blackmail us like it is out of this world! Animals like Dogs and goats give birth to multiple infants at once and no one bats an eyelid but just a visit to labor room to drop 1 pikin and they'll be expecting us to give them Nobel Prize! Mtchewwwww!

I feel like stoning you,this show the kind of husband u are or would be,we deserve more than Nobel prize

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
number 2 right there was how my mum died. nothing worse than been a Naija government hospital.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by teacherbim(f): 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
omoikea:
okay
Amen
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Decryptor(m): 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
teacherbim:

I feel like stoning you,this show the kind of husband u are or would be,we deserve more than Nobel prize

Simply because you are a woman? Oya...Go and collect "more than Nobel Prize" and leave me alone jare undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by teacherbim(f): 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
anny268:
Hehe.. I'm scared already.
Don't be scared love,it's a wonderful experience,always pray that when it's your turn it would be Favour giving birth not Labour to die

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by teacherbim(f): 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
Decryptor:

Simply because you are a woman? Oya...Go and collect "more than Nobel Prize" and leave me alone jare undecided
Honestly it's not easy giving birth,when it's time for your wifey to give birth go to the labour room with her,I bet u'll appreciate all women more

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by teacherbim(f): 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
TheArchangel:
I am, SIR tongue
Nice 1 sir
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by teacherbim(f): 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
almustopha82:
Ayaah,sad

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by daisyella: 11:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
Decryptor:

For Christ sake, people have died from childbirth and even though not all women go through the same level of pain, some women have actually described it as a near death experience. It's enough that u want to underrate the pain of childbirth but comparing it to that of animals is very laughable. If you don't know about a topic, its better you don't bring it up. Let me inform you that animals have it easier to give birth because of the shape of their pelvis unlike that of humans. the animal pelvis are better built for giving birth while a human's pelvis are narrower because we are built for walking upright, making the birth canal smaller. The other thing is that the baby animals are much smaller (proportionally) than a human baby, so it hurts less to push one out.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by shamecurls(m): 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
Religion also is a factor

Churches and Mosque discourage members not to go for CS. Some women hold on to that faith till life goes out of them.

It's really a bad doctrine...

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by nonjebose(m): 12:05am On Oct 05, 2016
Joavid:
number 2 right there was how my mum died. nothing worse than been a Naija government hospital.
Similar experience with my late sister. Heart wrenching

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by kaycshine(f): 12:27am On Oct 05, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
So what?
your whole physiology and morphology is tailored perfectly to conceive and bring forth new offspring.
we appreciate the work you ladies put in but don't expect a medal for something God & nature has ordained you for.
wat...but u man expect ur wives to appreciate n applaud u for hussling to put food on d table for ur family whereas God n nature has ordained u to do so. some men can be hypocritical well I don't think u have ever witnessed a child birth because if u have u will definitely give ur wife d highest medal there is.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 05, 2016
Lack of modern technology for the health sector contributes 90% of fatal deaths during delivery undecided....get your baby delivered in Nigerian hospitals at your own risk undecided
grandstar:
In the UK, only 1 woman in a 100,000 die during child birth. Here in Nigeria, it's 1,000 in 100,000.

Not all the fault is poor medical facility. When woman says it's not her portion to have a caeserian operation, who will youblame?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Alabukun, 7up, Dry Gin And Lime Work For Abortion. Dos & Don'ts (must Read) / Sandra Okeke: “Lifting Weights Won’t Make You Look Manly” / Hauwa Suleiman: Driver’s Wife Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.