Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth (33079 Views)

Doctor Removes Huge Fibroids, Warns Nigerian Women. Graphic Photos / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth / Tanzania’s Conjoined Twins, Handicapped Heroes, Die At 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by neocortex: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2016
grandstar:
In the UK, only 1 woman in a 100,000 die during child birth. Here in Nigeria, it's 1,000 in 100,000.

Not all the fault is poor medical facility. When woman says it's not her portion to have a caeserian operation, who will youblame?

Religious fanaticism.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by delishpot: 7:03am On Oct 05, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
So what?
your whole physiology and morphology is tailored perfectly to conceive and bring forth new offspring.
we appreciate the work you ladies put in but don't expect a medal for something God & nature has ordained you for.

Look at it this way, just because a man has been ordained by God to toil and labour for his food does it mean if you go out to carry bricks and dig very huge canal, your wife should not appreciate the effort you put into supporting the family? Should a woman shiw no understanding to her man because he hit hard times and can not provide for her as nature and religion intends him to do?
She should say oh well, God ordained it that way and your physiology and morphology was tailored that way so do not expect a medal! Yes a woman's body is created to nurture a baby, and birth it, but there are risks involved and even though the body was built that way, nature so.etimes does not let the body do what it was built to do. Body was built to birth healthy strong babies but not all babies born are healthy and strong, nature was built to form a beautiful baby but sometimes, birth defects occurs.
Nature was designed that the body heals it's self but we all know that the journey to getting healed can be tough and even life threatening for some.
So my dear sir that nature was designed in a certain way, doesnt mean it is smooth sailing to that destination.
Pregnancy is quite different from woman to woman. Some go through it smoothly while some face hard times and some others even pay with their lives. it is a shame some men try to disregard the efforts our women put into creating a family for us.
She is carrying your baby, the least you can do is support her.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by anny268(f): 7:06am On Oct 05, 2016
PROWESX:
why na, you will surely passthrough it without any obstacle by special grace of God.
Amen o
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by anny268(f): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2016
teacherbim:

Don't be scared love,it's a wonderful experience,always pray that when it's your turn it would be Favour giving birth not Labour to die
Thanks dear
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by delishpot: 7:12am On Oct 05, 2016
Decryptor:

My brother i just tire. They use this labour pain thing to try to blackmail us like it is out of this world! Animals like Dogs and goats give birth to multiple infants at once and no one bats an eyelid but just a visit to labor room to drop 1 pikin and they'll be expecting us to give them Nobel Prize! Mtchewwwww!

You have not seen goats and dogs die in child birth? Who is raising these men of this generation?
Mothers, see una hand work O. Growing up to bite your daughters in the arse. Una Don try.
A man goes to the office to work he expects his wife to lick his arse and worship the floor he walks on because he pays the bills. she must not compare him to other men who better themselves for bigger options in future, who are making wise and smart decisions impacting positively in the lives of his family. She must appreciate him with all his faults.

A woman stakes a her life to bring a new life into a mans family, she is compared to dogs and goats, told how she is a nuisance for stating how hard it was for her to bring the child into the world. And her effort looked at as nothing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by glossyfinger(f): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2016
During my last baby d percentage of protein in my urine was high but thanks to d hospital and d Docs on duties. but a friend told me that she use to have her baby by herself at home, she said going to hospital is a waste of money
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by glo3nity: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2016
I have a story to tell.

In the case of bleeding after birth my neighbour expeirienced it and the worst part was that, when labour kicked in her husband, will I call it stupidity, foolishness or what?!
He rushed her to White Garment Church to deliver and after a successful delivering of her child bleeding kicks in and the so called doctor ran out of experience. Their inability to control the pressure of the bleeding led to her untimely death awarding the man an eminence title as a WIDOWER and the children..? MOTHERLESS!
This is the end of my story.

The point is, LIVE IS TOO PRECIOUS TO BE WASTED IN A CHURCH WHICH IS NEVER AN HOSPITAL...

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 05, 2016
Jobabori:

He was educated but in the process became miseducated
Definitely understandable grin

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by fmlala: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2016
Yeligray:
You forgot to put number 6. POOR HOSPITAL EQUIPMENTS.

* What of poor/lack of attention from the so called medical personnel.

* Wrong diagnosis

* Poverty etc
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by bigblackbooty(f): 7:40am On Oct 05, 2016
Decryptor:

My brother i just tire. They use this labour pain thing to try to blackmail us like it is out of this world! Animals like Dogs and goats give birth to multiple infants at once and no one bats an eyelid but just a visit to labor room to drop 1 pikin and they'll be expecting us to give them Nobel Prize! Mtchewwwww!
Wow, did u just type that! It's guys like u that hit their girlfrnds

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nosyke(m): 7:54am On Oct 05, 2016
glossyfinger:
During my last baby d percentage of protein in my urine was high but thanks to d hospital and d Docs on duties. but a friend told me that she use to have her baby by herself at home, she said going to hospital is a waste of money

Your last point is also a great contributor to the high Maternal mortality we have here in Nigeria. A project I once worked in recognised this and went ahead to sensitize leaders of Religious institutions on the dangers inherent in this act. Also women were sensitized on some of the danger signs of pregnancy and to seek medicare from skilled birth attendants urgently.

In some communities in the North and Enugu state, the issue of permission by mothers in law/husband also was a factor whereby a woman will be in labour and because these people were not around, she can't be taken to a health facility. To curb these we made advocacy visits to traditional gatekeepers to make a rule/law whereby once a pregnant woman noticed any danger sign of pregnancy she can be rushed to a nearby health facility without waiting for permission (we call this standing permission)

Traditional birth attendants also need to know their limits and when to refer to proper health facilities.

ANC is very important in a pregnant woman's life and should be encouraged to do this. However, health workers should improve on their interpersonal skills(be more humane) in order not to discourage pregnant women from attending.

Above all, massive sensitization/outreaches using multipronged approaches religious gatherings, markets, motor parks, IEC materials, radio announcements, during ANC sessions to let women know about danger signs of pregnancy and the need to go for help (make informed decisions about their health) in the nearest health facility (access) with skilled health workers (quality).

God bless our women
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by samzzycash(m): 7:55am On Oct 05, 2016
peace92:
I don't blame u dear.. Ur brain was sold out dear...really shaking my head out of pity to ur mum..
serious whatever this guy has done wrong can you tell me
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Loveisthekey: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2016
Women are sincerely doing a great job without any doubt. I once witnessed my child delivery process ad I felt my wife's pain and stress. Any man who is privilege to witness such scene will ever respect women for whom they are. Women well done and may God reward you all with unending joy. However, I will like to add this to the list too; all women should always pray fervently during this period and be less exposed of their preparations and plans as life is spiritual. God bless

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by youngboi(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2016
Stupedinluv:
undecided

6, Bad husbands
7, Bad parents-in-law
8, incompetent doctors
9, Predestination

Go sitdon
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by youngboi(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2016
anny268:
Hehe.. I'm scared already.

Don't be, ok.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by youngboi(m): 8:26am On Oct 05, 2016
almustopha82:
NO 1 happen to my wife on delivery day. She started bleeding during the labour. They operate her but she couldn't make it alive

So sad.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by delishpot: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2016
youngboi:

Go sitdon

Abi o, no husband is ever bad, no inlaws are ever bad. It is everly the womans or doctors fault. The men are always perfect. Nomind her Jarey.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2016
Some comments here are so saddening cry cry
Someone even compared human childbirth with that of animals. Like seriously?

Men actually contribute to this high rate of death during childbirth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Orikinla(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2016
Like Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)
, other churches should have regular prenatal clinics for pregnant women to save lives.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2016
youngboi:

Go sitdon
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Orikinla(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:

How?
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by naijaboiy: 9:08am On Oct 05, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
You don't have to bother much bro! Obviously they were given birth to by those goats and dogs that's why their reasoning is so lopsided.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 05, 2016
Orikinla:

How?
Go through the comments by men you'll see negligence and negativity all over it
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 05, 2016
naijaboiy:

You don't have to bother much bro! Obviously they were given birth to by those goats and dogs that's why their reasoning is so lopsided.
As in ehn! How can such person appreciate his mum? shocked shocked
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Jimi23(m): 9:26am On Oct 05, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Pity yourself.

Na u need the pity party pass.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by shumuel(m): 9:47am On Oct 05, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/5-most-common-reasons-why-nigerian-women-die-at-childbirth.133055/
http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/children_1926.html

Bro, please is it ''At Childbirth'' or ''During Labour''/''During Childbirth''

Sorry to have asked because to me ''At Childbirth'' makes it sound Ambiguous; Making it sound like the women themselves died when their own mother was labouring sad

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by shumuel(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/5-most-common-reasons-why-nigerian-women-die-at-childbirth.133055/
http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/children_1926.html

Sorry to have asked because to me ''At Childbirth'' makes it Ambiguous; Making it sound like the women themselves died when their own mother was labouring sad
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2016
shumuel:

Sorry to have asked because to me ''At Childbirth'' makes it sound Ambiguous; Making it sound like the women themselves died when their own mother was labouring sad
Thanks. I guess it was edited by mods
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by shumuel(m): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Thanks. I guess it was edited by mods

smiley Okay, i guess it should be changed to Labor from Child Birth then.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 05, 2016
shumuel:

smiley Okay, i guess it should be changed to Labor from Child Birth then.
tried editing but not possible. Maybe the mods can
Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by youngsahito(m): 10:28am On Oct 05, 2016
anny268:
Hehe.. I'm scared already.
pls don't be

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 05, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
And also because of poor fitness.
when they get pregnant, all they do is eat,sleep and nag about everything from why you dropped the car keys on the table the wrong way to how your very existence annoys them.

May God forgive you.
Do you have any idea what pregnancy hormones do to a woman?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Accidentally Cuts Off His Testicles While Dreaming About Cutting Meat / How Can I Burn Belly Fat Easily? / How Alabukun, 7up, Dry Gin And Lime Work For Abortion. Dos & Don'ts (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.