Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (72222 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Anasviv: 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
The problem I have with guys,is they conclude and love to take actions fast without thinking much....since you know your children are too young for divorce/separation,you should hold on to your peace and be very sure about what you found out and look into what your wife said whether it's true or not...Later,go and ask the people her exert age.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
She made him a man? Am I dreaming these comments?
bro you're not dreaming oo, some of these NL kids are just so pathetic

4 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
TheArchangel:
You bi FG wey dey sack workers cos of age falsification?

Hahaha...lmao
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by ceecee02: 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
dollyjoy:
You want to divorce a legally married woman who has risked her life to make you a man because of age issues? Nigga you are bluffing!!

Your stance would have been understandable if the affair is just a b.fr and g.fr thing.
how did she make him a man biko by marrying him? Another girl would have done that willingly without age reduction, was thinking u would ask the man to calm down....mtcheeew

8 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by CoolFreeday(m): 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
Na wao, calm down. though she no try by not telling you the truth about her age(which most ladies usually lie abt) but its not enough reason to contemplate a divorce. unless if there is something else...
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by freecocoa(f): 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
Is there not a chance that she might actually be telling the truth about it being an error?

But let's assume she lied, I think you should try to forgive her, this age matter no be really the women fault per se, na society cause am, lying about her age doesn't automatically make her untrustworthy.

OP forgive and forget, one is only as old as they feel. grin
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Feanah(f): 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
chronique:
Calling them idiots is an understatement. No wonder a lot of relationships don't work out. Peuople don't understand that not everone can tolerate lies and deception. Once trust is broken,a union starts to crack. The woman misled him into marrying her by being deceptive and people can't see that fact;how do people conveniently lie to the ones they claim they love? Why don't humans have a conscience? How many more lies will he discover? How will he cope when he finds out more? I'm not saying it's ok to divorce her cos she lied but people have to understand that what she did isn't something that should just be waved aside,without repercussions. The day you lie to me and I catch you,I'd start doubting everthing you've ever said,and would ever say.

You said it as it is...I really don't blame the OP,I'd have felt the same if I was in his shoes (especially if she's older than me).Lies are just not ok in a marriage.

4 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by chronique(m): 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
God bless you for being a reasonable woman. Not those fish brains spewing gibberish up there.
Feanah:

I'm a woman but this is outrageous...how can someone lie like this for so long?She get PhD for lying,it's really true..some women lie so well.

OP,your feelings are justified but try and forgive if you can.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
munas:

Go and sit down...
Do you know what trust is?

When you lose trust in a marriage,you have lost it
bro, these days these idiots on NL don't read and comprehend, they just comment because they want likes, thereby missing the point.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Feanah(f): 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Is there not a chance that she might actually be telling the truth about it being an error?

But let's assume she lied, I think you should try to forgive her, this age matter no be really the women fault per se, na society cause am, lying about her age doesn't automatically make her untrustworthy.

OP forgive and forget, one is only as old as they feel. grin

Lol,what do you mean society caused it? I've never found it ok to lie about my age and people who do , surprise me.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
Lots of frustrated ladies here. That aside, plenty women wrappers here commenting crap just to seem like nice guys. Issue of maybe she didn't lie is null. We all know that in our minds assuming the story is as op wrote. She knew she deceived him and thus had been hiding documents that could expose her. People have reasons for marriage. One goat said she made him a man by giving him kids. May amadioha destroy that person's fingers. Basically this is complete destruction of trust. Op feels she deceived him by portraying what she isn't to get married. Now he's wondering... What other lies has she told? Those bashing him are the actual kids. Bitter spinsters and deluded bachelors. Perhaps he has dated various liars and was happy he married someone different. Now he's wondering if they are all same. Those saying divorce de hungry am, may your spouse deceive you also. Amen
Op talk with your wife and see how you can work things out and begin to slowly rebuild.

9 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by johnnychuks(m): 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
chuksbogus2001:
All those that comment didn't address the issue at hand .you guys are absolving the wife of any wrong doing making it look like the guy I not suppose to feel bad after finding out this.what is there are other things this guy is yet to find out.I expect people to first condemn the wife for lying to the husband .in fact she deceived the guy into the marriage.if the guy is aware of the age then he can make an inform decision .

Now ,op I know u are feeling bad about this but you have to put urself together.has she not been a food wife to u? remember her good attributes and forgive her. I guess she did it cos she doesn't want to loose u.
what a he'll are you saying? Are you trying to deceive other men not to look into the eyes of a ladies so that they can see their age! that little boy most be silly for him not to see the age of that lady the first day he set he eyes on her, is like he took tramadol that day, arrant nonsense, he think marriage is for little rat like him.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by tunazi(m): 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.

Age is just a number....love conquers all....All is fair in love and war
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
johnnychuks:
what a he'll are you saying? Are you trying to deceive other men not to look into the eyes of a ladies so that they can see their age! that little boy most be silly for him not to see the age of that lady the first day he set he eyes on her, is like he took tramadol that day, arrant nonsense, he think marriage is for little rat like him.
Frustration will not kill you. Say amen.

6 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by berrystunn(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
NOC1:
Pls don't divorce forgive her.
but why do ladies lie a lot, my uncle divorced because the wife lied to him that he studied law, while she studied english.

There lies na mumu lie

Your uncle need a lawyer as wife... Not English language translator.
grin
angry

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by drarchallus(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
What if she never lied and there was truly an error in her WAEC certificate?

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by macaranta(m): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
What a shaky story
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by repogirl(f): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
OP, pls divorce her and marry another one that tells you her true age and when you find the new wife's faults divorce her also and marry another.

Mtcheww! Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by samuel051: 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
werthy:

You shot up a go have a nice sleep

Whats the purpose of marriage

Whats the effect of what she did

Mumus claiming to be what they are not

I have always said nigeria needs a national mens orientation programm.especially for dulnaldos like you
u re nothing but a dummy a mannequin. i salute ur stupidity be cos it exceed human comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by biggie73(m): 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
How, on earth, will a man contemplates divorce cos of this trivial issue? Every man needs to travel out of their comfort zone, so to be tolerance enough. If this is an issue, we must learn to be forgiven of each other.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by ashatoda: 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
na where dis mumu come from sef? You are worried that she is your senior abi? Why dnt u think like a man? You wooed her she didnt claim overage to accept u. You stripped her she didnt claim overage to bear ur kids. She didnt care abt her age bt she honour and respect u. Wat else do u want. Women are nt different all over the world. Which one you know wey dey out there wey u wan go marry nw? She made a mistake by lying now acquit urself as a man call her tell her u knw she is lying dat u dnt lyk dat abt ur woman especially d mother of ur kids dat wat lesson will d kids learn frm her. Chastise her for dat bt make sure u express ur love in fact afta discussion have sweet and passionate make up sex. My guy age is a number wat u shld worry abt is d heart of d woman if u marry ur junior bt she is a witch what will u do. Forget dat tin abeg continue ur love game. It is well

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
chuksbogus2001:

You are a woman if you didn't put just put female picture there. My dear The lady deceived the guy into that marriage .its like a guy coming to marry you and told you he works in Chevron as personnel manager taking you to his friends house as his until you guy wedded only for you to go home to his one room abode.sister are you telling me you will just pack in as its something u will overlook ? yes you love him I know but he lied and deceived you.its not for the money here but if you had know him for who he really is you would have been prepared for what ever that comes. The wife is totally wrong and any sane human being must feel bad and hurt about this .that is the appropriate reaction not incongruity of affect

E don happen be say e Dom happen my broda..let's not cry over spilled milk.

But 6 years is too much oh, make we no lie...I can't imagine my spouse 6 years older than me..even if she's Linda ikeji

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by berrystunn(m): 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
Men go and look for money and take care of your family
You are there talking about age

Till you divorce and remarry to a devil your eyes will be clear.

Poor people like excuse
Like APC buhari.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by patani(m): 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
I also made d same mistake on my first waec* and neco....unless you av onoda* implicatng* evidence..pardonn my typo. gvdn.a extra i..ianmfeusg do tail sweadcoamemiakom [
quote authorfirswead=nic
kxtra post=49831318]My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.[/quote]
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by freecocoa(f): 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
Feanah:

Lol,what do you mean society caused it? I've never found it ok to lie about my age and people who do , surprise me.
Well, I don't know how old you are now and what you've achieved, assuming you set goals for yourself using time frame.

You see, there's this need to grow with others, do things while your mates are doing it and believe me my sister, if you are lagging behind then it wouldn't be a surprise to reduce your age, hoping to give yourself more time, the society comes in because they judge you by some yardstick and age is an essential, if not the most important one they use.grin

So far, I've not reduced my age but who knows tomorrow?grin

Although, I do think one shouldn't lie to their partner but there are some lies that you just can't take back, especially if they've been there before you met him/her.

My solution for this is, if you see a person you like, no need to ask their age, just love yourselves, with the exception of women who have hit menopause o(incase he wants kids), this way, even if you find out she's older, it wouldn't matter. grin
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Why are some people deceptive? OP is she remorseful after the discovery? If she is probe her more to unearth other lies. If not, then I'm afraid.

But please do not take irrational decision, involve someone you respect and matured in mind.

4 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Mikeparlo12(m): 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Alaye....u wanna divorce her...has she been a good wife to you ever since u married her. think twice. discuss with her and forgive her

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Starieangel(f): 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
It's so sad to know that for every little issue in marriages this days, the only escape route is divorce. I wnt to bliv u re a Christian. If the case is nt adultery or domestic violence dt is life threatening then what do u need divorce for? Am vry sure she still looks younger than her age even after 2kids.contemplating divorce because of sumtyn lyk this is childish and absurd. U tink all couples dnt go tru one shit or the other?smh....u berra dnt leave a lamb for a goat.. May God grant u the Spirit to forgive.gudluck.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by PaulIdu: 11:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
Richy4:
Is another girl knocking at the side door OP?

Why is this an issue to you instead of the employers..?

Do you now realize that she was older than you or what?

is she committing adultery?

is she not a good mother to your kids?

Does her n@kedness look different or aged overnight since you Now discovered the age discrepancy ?

What precisely is the problem here? This is something that could be overlooked when there is love....

People are different anyways.. but i can only have trust issue with a lady when I have an evidence that she is "running around" not something as petty as age difference.....If She like let her be 100 and claim 15 for all I care as long as she is a wonderful mother to my children and attend to my needs..

You have spoken with great wisdom
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Opinedecandid(m): 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Op or who ever you are fronting for,

It's unfortunate that the earliest comments on this your very mind-touching and sincere post seem to deflate you and make nonsense of your plane mind.
But I can authoritatively bet you, most of those commentators that are almost tearing you apart with their comments are not married; the few of them who would have been married may have never had trust issues in their homes, and/or the others may just be bragging.

Suffice to remind them that trust is one of the pillars on which the foundation of marriage MUST Be layed. QED!
When trust is threatened, Matrimony is threatened.
In as much as I will NEVER advise you to put your wife and the mother of your children away, I won't equally join the bandwagon to deride you for wishing you could, or for bringing this to the fore and asking for advice.

Again, please do not involve your families. Neither yours nor your wife's. It's your own immediate family's matter (yourself and your wife), handle it as a man. Demonstrate your headship there, once more.

SHE ERRED by misinforming you. Let her come to terms with this. Afterwards, forgive her and show her more love, whether she asks for forgiveness or not. Show her how valuable and priceless you are to the extent that you shouldn't be lied to.
Don't mind the people that are saying it's a little, negligible thing.
It's important you let her know that trust in a marriage is a delicate and sensitive area that should not be shaken, so a recurrence can be averted.

4 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
willibounce1:
Oga go and do DNA to be sure the children are yours.. she was going to keep this secret until death do you part. She is not trustworthy.. even if you guys have been married for forty years, it is a serious problem for you to have discovered that she lied about her age. Why didn't she tell you all the while..

Women can just be very devilish... as far as I'm concerned, things can never be the same. Yes you can forgive but no man will ever forget this kinda crap. Why did she lie about her age?
hahahahaha, bros I like you jare. So many phoolish people here giving phoolish advice.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by MistadeRegal(m): 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
nickxtra:

You don't need to come here and post this stupid crap. You want to divorce her because of date of birth? Is this the first time a wife is older than her husband? You no serious!
Abegi!

NEXT!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

American Woman's Father Accepts Her Nigerian Husband Finally / Delta Hunter Lures Housewife Into Sex Romp In A Thick Forest With Bush Meat / A Young Girl, 5, Wanders From Mushin To INEC Office Yaba Says Her Father Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.