Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (72233 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by NEROSKY(m): 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
eemjay:

God bless you! It's just unbelievable. Like he's been looking for excuse to walk out of that marriage.

Omo na divorce for me straight up, what kind of nonsense is that... dey decieve urselfs "Girls"

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by ps3o(m): 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
chuksbogus2001:
All those that comment didn't address the issue at hand .you guys are absolving the wife of any wrong doing making it look like the guy I not suppose to feel bad after finding out this.what is there are other things this guy is yet to find out.I expect people to first condemn the wife for lying to the husband .in fact she deceived the guy into the marriage.if the guy is aware of the age then he can make an inform decision .

Now ,op I know u are feeling bad about this but you have to put urself together.has she not been a food wife to u? remember her good attributes and forgive her. I guess she did it cos she doesn't want to loose u.

good analysis!

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by muller101(m): 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
dollyjoy:
You want to divorce a legally married woman who has risked her life to make you a man because of age issues? Nigga you are bluffing!!

Your stance would have been understandable if the affair is just a b.fr and g.fr thing.
cutting corners to avoid blaming the lady right?

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by VictorRomanov: 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
She made him a man? Am I dreaming these comments?

my brother u don see how people dey reason na. I am wondering if the woman was not able to conceive, what she would have made him? a woman maybe.

besides, i don't see how this relates to the issue at hand.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Women do lie about their age but brother, so do men.

Personally, I don't think age should be an important factor in love though, so long as your love interest is legal, then you are good to go.

Can you give me a scenario where a man would lie about his age ?

Because me I can't even think of one reason to lie about my age to a girl.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
i am sure u r nt married.
Amelian:
Op. u want to divorce your wife who bore two healthy kids because she lied about age.? I swear u r not serious.. U want to divorce her before, fucvk this age thing u r saying.. She's fertile, she appears young, if not for certificates u won't have known..

My guy u no serious...
If u know since the day u were born, uv never lied before? Thru dating and now married to her, uv not lied at all... Then by all means go ahead and divorce.

But remember . Karma is waiting for u calmly later in life... Smhhh..

Dey divorce nah.

When men brag about divorce over little things it's so annoying..
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by muller101(m): 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Lots of childish Nigerian men everywhere undecided
u can never say something sensible. Are u supporting what the lady did or what?

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by freecocoa(f): 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

SHAWTY 2 YEARS OLDER THAN ME..

WE ENJOYING, IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.
tongue

AGE IS NOTHING, SOMETIMES.
Lol, good for you, enjoy my dear.

Really age shouldn't matter in love, love is supposed to be unconditional after all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by davidif: 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Mtcheeew!!

You want to divorce her anyway - this is just an excuse. So go ahead make we hear word.

P.S: Aren't you the same guy who was peeved because his wife wouldn't share her toiletries with??

WOW!!!!!! is this really the best you could come up with?

This is a VERY big issue. The man just came out and said that the woman he swore to spend the rest of his life with LIED to him!!!!! and you are attacking him? Na wa for una o. I thought trust was supposed to be the most important thing in every relationship?

No wonder naija is in a mess. We marry people we don't trust and we also vote for leaders we don't trust and we wonder why our society is the way it is.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by NEROSKY(m): 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
truthsayer007:

Hahaha, this is why we need time travel ! So we can travel back in time and unmarry her. Lmao.

mehn na to divorce her straight up... i now get idea o, my girl i want to marry i will show her dis, make she better begin confess on time, becos , i already feeling bad for d op..

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by LaExpert: 11:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
For me, if at any point, I discover that my spouse lied to me on any of the aspects that made me marry her, I'm most likely going to divorce her.

If I wouldn't have married her if I knew she were six years older, I may divorce her...or at worst, keep her and marry someone else.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by davidif: 11:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Mtcheeew!!

You want to divorce her anyway - this is just an excuse. So go ahead make we hear word.

P.S: Aren't you the same guy who was peeved because his wife wouldn't share her toiletries with??

WOW!!!!!! is this really the best you could come up with?

This is a VERY big issue. The man just came out and said that the woman he swore to spend the rest of his life with LIED to him!!!!! and you are attacking him? Na wa for una o. I thought trust was supposed to be the most important thing in every relationship?

No wonder naija is in a mess. We marry people we don't trust and we also vote for leaders we don't trust and we wonder why our society is the way it is.

I guess we are just dealing with cultural differences here, maybe integrity is not a big deal in Naija culture.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by muller101(m): 11:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
Comments from nairaland ladies on this thread shows that 99.9% of ladies on this forum are highly 5tupid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 11:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
VictorRomanov:

my brother u don see how people dey reason na. I am wondering if the woman was not able to conceive, what she would have made him? a woman maybe.

besides, i don't see how this relates to the issue at hand.
That person no get sense. The comment make me wan cry for her.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by braine(m): 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Gosh I was shocked at the comments. Can you just imagine those idiots?

I can imagine.

OP's reaction is for the exact same thing I'd think. I'll begin to doubt every single thing she's told me from the moment we met and even do paternity tests on the kids. I hate untruthfulness in relationships.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by LorDBolton(m): 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Op since others don't wanna say it...i'll say it, divorce her if u feel u can't move on #simple

Even if u sit her down and ask her to tell u other secrets she's keeping she won't tell u up to half.

For her to lie means she was desperate for marriage and prolly doesn't even love u

For her to lie n sleep well means she's cold.

Anyway it's ur life.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by freecocoa(f): 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
truthsayer007:

Can you give me a scenario where a man would lie about his age ?

Because me I can't even think of one reason to lie about my age to a girl.
Some younger men would tell a woman they are older, in anticipation that, it would make her respect him more or even consider being with him.

Men lie about their age to gain employment too, some will lie if they feel like they are underachieving.

Btw, was her age reason for the break up? Your ex, that is.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
NEROSKY:

mehn na to divorce her straight up... i now get idea o, my guy i want to marry i will show her dis, make she better begin confess on time, becos , i already feeling bad for d op..

My broda, The major problem is some women don't make the right choice on time when men are flocking them. They will be enjoying the attention and forming busy . A girl of 25 years will still be claiming to want to see the world and explore. Or would be selecting guys based on nolywood movies she has watched.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Lastborn12(m): 11:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Lots of childish Nigerian men everywhere undecided

Just dea look you

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
Divorce her immediately, how dare she lie about her age! angry
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.
It's appalling many people didn't blame the lady for lying, shame! In as much a I'm not in support of what the lady did, I'd just advise you escalate the matter to her family, instead of divorcing her. If she apologises, forgive her for the sake of your little kids. The age difference has nothing to do with your marriage but the greatest mistake she made was hiding it from you fro inception. There's a local adage which says you don't hide your body from the one who will eventually bury you. She ought to have known that someday, you'd get to know about her age. If she had declared her real age to you, that shouldn't mean you'd not marry her if truly you loved her before you guy got married. After all, age is nothing but a number. My mum is 5 years older than my dad and they're happily married. I think this is the trend amongst single women of nowadays. They are always afraid that men would abandon them once they declare their real age. Dare Art Alade is much younger than his wife but they're happily married. There are also many couples with similar instances today. So, forgive her but report her to her family who can handle the matter better, instead of filing for a divorce.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by computerboy: 11:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I do not have a choice.
grin
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Some younger men would tell a woman they are older, in anticipation that, it would make her respect him more or even consider being with him.

Men lie about their age to gain employment too, some will lie if they feel like they are underachieving.

OK, what you said is true. Women feel that younger guys aren't ready to settle down and they tend not to take them serious . I usually see a lot of young girls.marrying old cargos. undecided
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by chronique(m): 11:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
Any good quality red wine would do.
TerrorSquad147:
Bros tell me your brand and i'll buy you a trailer load of 'em
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by computerboy: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
Seriously if nairaland is not an online community, some people will so collect slaps daily that they'll abandon their accounts and run

Just negodu comments sad
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Lexusgs430: 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.

Age ain't nothing but a number. Think of the bigger lies you have also told her.
Or have you never told lies? He without sin...............
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by queencalipso(f): 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
The mistake is so very possible!! The wife may not be lieing. It happened to me, mine was even worst Cz the names too were miss spelled. At the point of collecting my result I noticed the mistake, I immediately notified the principal who in turn gave me a letter "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" I became a regular face in waec office all in a bid to rectify it but to no avail. I was told by the waec staff to get an affidavit from court to back up the letter from the school. They can't rectify it once it's printed.

But even if she truly lied, divorce is too extreme for something this small. Unless maybe you were contemplating it before d discovery. If not, I will say go and enjoy your marriage and forgive her sins.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by freecocoa(f): 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
truthsayer007:

OK, what you said is true. Women feel that younger guys aren't ready to settle down and they tend not to take them serious . I usually see a lot of young girls.marrying old cargos. undecided
I added something to the post you replied to, will be kind enough to respond, please.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by browseyd22(m): 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
If she havent done any other apart from the ages issue i see no reason for divorce,if she respects you as her husband then why do you want to divorce her think about your kids before taking your decision
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by gadala4(m): 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
Brotherly I felt your pain, it's so annoying finding out on the long run that one's spouse lies most especially about age. It makes a man weak, and also see himself as a fool.
But I like to tell you most ladies lie when they find out a guy complement them and age is now a barrier (talking from experience), what you need to do is think of the happy moments you have spent together, and also her faithfulness and sincerity to you so far.
My brother age is just a number (be happy).
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Kexorcist(m): 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
If you love the woman she loves you, why not stay together? Think yourself lucky; how many people lie to LOWER their age?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
this man self...divorce her now.. on top say she don born two. marry another she go still lie.divorcee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

American Woman's Father Accepts Her Nigerian Husband Finally / Delta Hunter Lures Housewife Into Sex Romp In A Thick Forest With Bush Meat / A Young Girl, 5, Wanders From Mushin To INEC Office Yaba Says Her Father Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.