Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD (26593 Views)

Jagaba Adams Dumps APC For PDP / Yaro Makama Rigachikun Dumps APC / Rabiu Kwankwaso Dumps APC For PDP With 10 Kano State Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by seunmsg(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
spenca:

Naso una won rig am

His analysis are well in order. Akeredolu cannot win any of the local governments in Akoko land. Oke will win the local governments in Ikale and other riverine areas. Jegede will win Akure south, Idanre and the two Ondo local governments. Akure north will be evenly divided by the three candidates. Owoh is the only local government that Akeredolu can win convincingly and that will not be enough to make him governor. Whoever wins the local governments in Akoko land between Oke and Jegede will win the election.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by PassingShot(m): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
madridguy:
Jagaban really mean business in Ondo State. Let see what the likes of Oyegun led caucus will map out again. Jagaban is father in politics, take it or leave it.

Long life Jagaban.

Long life APC/AD

Long life Nigeria.
You think Tinubu has a hand in this but I doubt it. I don't think AD of today can defeat APC or PDP in any election. This move, if true, might deal a brutal blow to One's political career.
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by ificatchmodeh: 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
kayzat:

The truth of the matter is that Oke is never a Tinubu and his movement is independent of Tinubu's approval .

Another sure thing is that lots of Tinubu guys will end up working for him in order to spoil Aketis ambition. As at today's interview Aketi is still shading Tinubu when he should be doing everything possible to make peace with him without waiting for the presidency or anybody from the party.

Oke is now a neutral candidate now and I won't be surprised if he end up winning the contest.

Made more sense..i believe Oke is on his own..tho may have tinubu's blessing.
But my dear..It will be much easier for kowa to win the presidency then Oke's AD winning ondo state.

We just concluded edo..is all about interest..
I don't think Oke is actually interested in winning the governorship election..believe there re sinister motives..possibly to help jagaban build a base in 2019..

1 Like

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by mikki123(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
Non of the governorship aspirants can defeat Olusola Oke........

6 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by madridguy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
Bro, that is my observation so far since anything is possible in Nigeria politics. Tinubu is not happy with Ayegun/Akeredolu probably Jagaban is up to something. I might be wrong though.

PassingShot:

You think Tinubu has a hand in this but I doubt it. I don't think AD of today can defeat APC or PDP in any election. This move, if true, might deal a brutal blow to One's political career.
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by kayzat: 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
madridguy:
Tinubu needs him to stay strong. If Oke wins in Ondo, means he will have more governors in 2019.

Oke is not Asiwaju's guy and not among his inner circles but it is very certain that lots of his boys will stay in APC but they will work for Oke .

Abraham and Boroffice already said they will stay in APC but they never promise to support Aketi. Tinubu's machinery will back Oke IF he's able to play the game perfectly and Asiwaju is sure of his loyalty should he eventually win the election. None of them will openly identify with Oke but lots of underground work is already on going between them.

Aketi is the most foolish candidate I have ever seen . his inability to do the necessary things is why he will lose woefully. As at today he's still busy abusing Tinubu and his loyalists when he should be doing everything possible to appease them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ondo election is between PDP and AD. PDP would win eventually, Mimiko's political structure is very difficult to defeat, he has an advantage of equally being the serving governor. Olusola Oke is a one man battalion, he has his boys across the length and breath of the state. He was the only candidate in that sham of a primary that stood by himself, no support from the presidency or bourdillion and he actually showed his strength. Jagaban boys will work for Oke from APC.

The truth of the matter is, Akeredolu/apc will come a distant third

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by madridguy(m): 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
Thanks for the info.

kayzat:

Oke is not Asiwaju's guy and not among his inner circles but it is very certain that lots of his boys will stay in APC but they will work for Oke .

Abraham and Boroffice already said they will stay in APC but they never promise to support Aketi. Tinubu's machinery will back Oke IF he's able to play the game perfectly and Asiwaju is sure of his loyalty should he eventually win the election. None of them will openly identify with Oke but lots of underground work is already on going between them.

Aketi is the most foolish candidate I have ever seen . his inability to do the necessary things is why he will lose woefully. As at today he's still busy abusing Tinubu and his loyalists when he should be doing everything possible to appease them.
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by DeLaRue: 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Funny enough Oke's involvement might actually help Akeredolu by making things a close 3 -way thing.

Akeredolu has no chance in a 2 -way square off btw himself & the Pdp guy. However, with Oke's entry, you now have a candidate in each of the State's 3 senatorial district which can potentially make the votes very tight.

At this stage, Pdp guy has a slight edge. AD's lack of local structure is a minus for Oke. Akeredolu is the only one not guaranteed a huge majority in his own senatorial district. I'm not persuaded he can win.

3 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
PassingShot:

The more you look the less you see sir!!
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by brightballer(m): 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
kayzat:

The truth of the matter is that Oke is never a Tinubu and his movement is independent of Tinubu's approval .

Another sure thing is that lots of Tinubu guys will end up working for him in order to spoil Aketis ambition. As at today's interview Aketi is still shading Tinubu when he should be doing everything possible to make peace with him without waiting for the presidency or anybody from the party.

Oke is now a neutral candidate now and I won't be surprised if he end up winning the contest.
Boroffice and Abraham are working for Oke, trust me. It was a political resolution they had. Boroffice and Kola Babatunde would deliver both Akoko Souths to Oke while Abraham does same in AKoko North East. I cannot say for Akoko North west.

3 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by brightballer(m): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
madridguy:
Thanks for the info.

Ordinary Tunji Abayomi is still insulting Boroffice and Abraham, telling them to leave if they want to. That one that had just five votes in the primary.

9 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by afroniger: 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
senatordave1:
Oke would win ondo polls marginally just like I predicted apc to win in edo state.oke would win the 6 lgas in ondo south by aa landslide.in ondo central,jegede would win 4 or 5.he would only have a landslide in akure south and mimiko's lga.oke or aketi would win 1 lga.in ondo north,boroffice and abraham would deliver the 4 lgas of akoko land to oke.he would win 2 or 3 by a landslide.in. The remaining two lgas which is ose and owo,aketi would win.

Bro, you analysis is spot on. Even the votes Akeredolu got in 2012 were thanks to the relatively young ACN/Tinubu machinery in the state at the time because politically he is extremely lightweight. At worst, Oke would come a very close second behind Jegede, but I'm hedging my bet on him clinching the race this time around.

11 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by kayzat: 7:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
PassingShot:

You think Tinubu has a hand in this but I doubt it. I don't think AD of today can defeat APC or PDP in any election. This move, if true, might deal a brutal blow to Oke's political career.

Oke is on his own but trust me he can do the unthinkable in this election . The man is well loved and his people will do anything to see one of their own becoming the Governor.

Tinubu boys will end up playing the spoilers role in this election and lots of them will work for Oke while still answering APC .

The three strong aspirants are from different senatorial districts and Aketi is the weakest in base on home support.

4 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by kcnwaigbo: 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
madridguy:
Tinubu needs him to stay strong. If Oke wins in Ondo, means he will have more governors in 2019.

Enough of this your Tinubu talk. Oke is not Tinubu's candidate. His candidate is Abraham
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by kayzat: 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Made more sense..i believe Oke is on his own..tho may have tinubu's blessing.
But my dear..It will be much easier for kowa to win the presidency then Oke's AD winning ondo state.

We just concluded edo..is all about interest..
I don't think Oke is actually interested in winning the governorship election..believe there re sinister motives..possibly to help jagaban build a base in 2019..

Never say never bro.

Among the candidates as it stand on individual level Aketi is the weakest and from the background of the man Oke he is in the best position to benefit from the crisis in the two main party ( remember he was a former APC and PDP leader).

Oke can do it. he will be seen like a fresh and independent candidate ( The same thing that works for Mimiko then).

3 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
DeLaRue:
Funny enough Oke's involvement might actually help Akeredolu by making things a close 3 -way thing.

Akeredolu has no chance in a 2 -way square off btw himself & the Pdp guy. However, with Oke's entry, you now have a candidate in each of the State's 3 senatorial district which can potentially make the votes very tight.

At this stage, Pdp guy has a slight edge. AD's lack of local structure is a minus for Oke. Akeredolu is the only one not guaranteed a huge majority in his own senatorial district. I'm not persuaded he can win.

Identity politics does not favor Aketi; he can't win the Akokos the way Abraham or Boroffice would and there lies his problem. It's not just that he is weak in his senatorial district, he actually doesn't control the party machinery there. He won the primary with the bulk of his delegates coming from Ondo Central Senatorial district, a district he can't win in a general election. As things stand now, his ambition is dead except APC rigs the election.

Oke is strong in Ondo South and if he can hold the region, the joker has been moved from Ondo South to Ondo North senatorial district. As many have opined, in a substantially free and fair election, if Boroffice and Abraham work with Oke, he will win. In fact, if Abraham works with Oke and Boroffice with Aketi, Oke will still win. The only scenario where Oke's candidacy will be in trouble is if the Akoko guys work with Mimiko.

In a three-way race, Aketi WILL lose hands down. In a two-way race, he is more likely to lose than win.

9 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by kayzat: 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
ReddLabel:
Ondo election is between PDP and AD. PDP would win eventually, Mimiko's political structure is very difficult to defeat, he has an advantage of equally being the serving governor. Olusola Oke is a one man battalion, he has his boys all over the length and breath of the state. He was the only candidate in that sham of a primary that stood by himself, no support from the presidency or bourdillion and he actually showed his strength. Jagaban boys will work for Oke from APC.

The truth of the matter is, Akeredolu/apc will come a distant third

Just to correct the insinuation that Oke did not receive support from Tinubu group is a fat lie . go and ask of the role Aregbesola and Bola ilori played in that primary and who they worked for.

Though history may repeat itself in Ondo and I see Oke doing another Mimiko in ondo .

Anybody in doubt should revisit how Mimiko got to the governorship seat.

3 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Mufasa27(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
senatordave1:
Oke would win ondo polls marginally just like I predicted apc to win in edo state.oke would win the 6 lgas in ondo south by aa landslide.in ondo central,jegede would win 4 or 5.he would only have a landslide in akure south and mimiko's lga.oke or aketi would win 1 lga.in ondo north,boroffice and abraham would deliver the 4 lgas of akoko land to oke.he would win 2 or 3 by a landslide.in. The remaining two lgas which is ose and owo,aketi would win.
Oya, clap for yaself Mr Maurice iwu

2 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by doctokwus: 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
FastShipping:
Things fall apart. I'm in support of anything by any means to destroy APC. This party led by Buhari has brought untold hardship on people of Nigeria.

I'm not in support of demonic party called PDP. PDP is the architect of pain and anguish many people are currently going through.

Buhari came in to do something urgently to arrest the situation but as it turns out, he never made any plan despite contesting in the last 12 years. The man is not educated enough to understand how economy works.
Apt.
He is also as I have concluded biased and selective in his way of doing things generally.
One maybe selective in his family or community but a president or leader that must succeed or has succeeded in history always take difficult,hard decisions that most times goes against family,party or clan.PMB doesn't have that basic mindset,despite his claimed antecedents and posturings.
@topic,i wud like this Oke guy to win if only to teach this APC FG that they are not doing well and shud sit up.But PDP shud never be allowed to govern any state again in Nigeria.Any party other than apc or accursed PDP in ondo wud be celebrated.

7 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by kayzat: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
brightballer:
Ordinary Tunji Abayomi is still insulting Boroffice and Abraham, telling them to leave if they want to. That one that had just five votes in the primary.

Even Aketi is still throwing stones at Tinubu as at his today's interview.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by bolinxman: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Aketi can only boast of Owo Local Government, Aketi is not fit to be a Governor, he talks before he think .After the primary he should have exhibited the needed leadership trait but he kept on abusing his perceived political opponents within APC.He needs to learn how to manage anger. In the coming days Ondo State APC will be emptied, Obaseki was able to win the election because non of the co-aspirants worked against him,the crisis after the primary was well managed ,national leadership of APC really showed their preference for Aketi despite overwhelming evidence that the primary election was manipulated in his favour .APC is going for a major contest with a divided house.Aketi should stop his unguided utterances.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Mufasa27(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
He knows he is not gonna win, but he wanna make sure aketi doesn't win too....

It's called the SPOILER MOVE...

CONGRATULATIONS TO PDP IN ADVANCE

3 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by RockHard: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
A bit of perspective here. Oke belonged to the 'Old PDP' faction that was hijacked by Mimiko after he decamped to the PDP from Labour. Parts of that 'Old PDP' were and are still loyal to the late Agagu, and Oke has stated on record severally that he belongs to the Agagu "school of politics".

http://www.ondoevents.com/2016/06/08/olusola-oke-storms-okitipupa-on-political-consultation-scores-of-youths-decamp-to-apc/

"He said he is a disciple of late Dr. Olusegun Agagu’s school of politics and he is poised to bring real and physical development to all nooks and crannies of Ondo State."

Part of that old-PDP constitute the bulk of the Sherrif faction of the PDP in the state today. Also, some in the Agagu camp have long since moved to the Tinubu's faction of the APC: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/agagu-boys-defected-apc-ondo-obasanjotinubu-connections/

Aregbesola's former Special Adviser, Bola Ilori (who is an Ondo state indigene and Oke supporter prior to the primaries), recently said during a Channels tv interview that should Oke clinch the ticket, it would be a devastating blow to the PDP in the state as the Old PDP that feel disgruntled and marginalized after Mimiko's hijacking of the party in the state, would decamp en masse to Oke's side.

Needless to say that the PDP in Ondo is gravely factionalized, and that would also play a big factor in this upcoming election.

In light of these factors, I believe the odds are in favour of Oke.

9 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by bolinxman: 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
brightballer:
Tunji Abayomi that cannot boast of 50 votes in Oke-Agbe Akoko,his home town.

9 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by ificatchmodeh: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
kayzat:

Never say never bro.

Among the candidates as it stand on individual level Aketi is the weakest and from the background of the man Oke he is in the best position to benefit from the crisis in the two main party ( remember he was a former APC and PDP leader).

Oke can do it. he will be seen like a fresh and independent candidate ( The same thing that works for Mimiko then).

No doubt bro..i believe.
But the recent edo election..tells me otherwise..
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by haruna99: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nigerian politicians always running from pillar to post
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by xtivin(m): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
Oke is loved by ondo people,there is a chance for him if borofice and abraham can bless him because they are bitter with the Apc leadership....APC should better keep there house in order now in Ondo i see bitterness everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Kangol99(m): 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
AD still dey??
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
this man seems not to know a thing about ondo state politics. moving here and there. mtcheew
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by martineinstein(m): 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
this one hasnt learnt lessons from edo election

whether u like it or not APC is at d helm of affairs.they were able to rig edo elections,despite Pdp having upper hand..ondo wont be hard for them to rig

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) / I Am Ready To Restructure EFCC When I Become Nigerian President – Fayose Says / Hadiza Isma El-Rufia: "My Husband Has Been Substituted With Fresh, Relaxed One"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.