Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime (34918 Views)

Highlighting The Ethno-linguistic Groups that Make Up Akoko Ondo / Top Ten Things That Make Yoruba People Unique / A Lifetime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
kudoxs:
So dry! So i will attend a wedding because of the bride's parents, the smiling groom and all the nonsense you wrote up there. The main reason people attend weddings is jollof. That's all!
Tell eM

2 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by southernbelle(f): 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hmm
cheesy cheesy
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Dottore: 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
The most interesting thing about Yoruba weddings is that both families can go extra miles to borrow money to throw a lavish party only for the newly Married to battle with paying back of loans later

10 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by idris4r83(m): 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Consultville(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
Yes oo
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Naff24(f): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
kudoxs:
So dry! So i will attend a wedding because of the bride's parents, the smiling groom and all the nonsense you wrote up there. The main reason people attend weddings is jollof. That's all!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You too like food o
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD!!! . ........WHO DASH UNA?? grin

5 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by promisechild(m): 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by tdemo(m): 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
dollyjoy:
Applicable to every wedding irrespective of tribe.
not every tribe girl!!!! when it's not Yoruba it can never be yoruba.........

13 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dottore:
The most interesting this about Yoruba weddings is that both families can go extra mile to borrow money to throw a lavish party only for the newly Married battle with paying back of loans later

4 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Shugarlipz(f): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
TamedWolf90:
13. Small Chops
Because, what’s a wedding without small chops?
Exactly. Small chops are extremely important in weddings

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Richy4(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
OP, U said the bride change her cloth like 5 Times.... why is that

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Beamborla(f): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
TamedWolf90:
11. The Groom and his squad prostrating.

They have to ‘dobale’ to ask for the Bride’s hand properly. So cute!
My favorite! cheesy
The spectacle of the whole show where they all go down in unison...very pleasing to the sight
A mischievous 'alaga' would even ask them to shake their bumbum left and right grin

5 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Original ibile boi
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Udmaster(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
TamedWolf90:
10. Lots of prayers.
To usher the couple into their new life together properly.
hahahahaha. This is a funny pics
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by brownsug(f): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
some ppl go soon put their own to counter Yoruba
orimsamsam:
Yoruba

wedding is d best

4 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by tintingz(m): 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
When it comes to parties, events, Yorubas are the best.

The Owambe people.

Yoruba weddings are always rocky, bright and entertaining.

Aso-ebi makes the events colorful.

Owambe ti take over. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
OWAMBE SWT DIE

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
You no mention the big butty, nutty, kitty and mitty grin grin grin
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
efremzeey:
Tvs tricycle king keke for sale
Location lagos
Price 200k
Which kind keke you wan sell 200 thousand. undecided some tokunbo moto self no cost reach am.
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by lepasharon(f): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Definately having a yoruba wedding even tho my guy may be non- nigerian cool

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by justmenoni: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Smiling like: wa fe ku lale yi.

TamedWolf90:
4. The Groom.

His smile is usually very infectious, and he can’t stop staring at his beautiful bride.

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by justmenoni: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
Most Important and interesting part of all yoruba parties

quote author=TamedWolf90 post=49844678]12. Food!

Variety like you’ve never seen it before!
[/quote]
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by YourNemesis: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
lool. see them haters everywhere hating on a superior culture.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
[size=20pt]I'm proud to be a Yoruba babe kiss kiss
Iamnawty, I love you because you are yoruba kiss kiss kiss[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by luchee(f): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
The big cow meat does it for me o grin. Yoruba weddings are also very colourful. Another thing is their funny souveniers.
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
Iamhatey:
[size=20pt]I'm proud to be a Yoruba babe kiss kiss
Iamnawty, I love you because you are yoruba kiss kiss kiss[/size]
baby na me love you pass
Brb lemme go check this thread

Modified; to be sincere it's either am a Yoruba born or nothing else ..
Emi layemi
Ibadi Aran
Ofi Dudu jowa
Ofi pupa joyibo
Eleyinju ege
Idunu Nile oko
Idi ileke
Omo aridunu
Omo ari shayo
Awelewa

Can't wait for that time wen dem iyawo ile will bring me out wit veil on my head singing.. ' OMOKORE Nile awa ooo elegan.. Ewo kam sotita joko Nile oko wa'

And my groom pple will sing.. ' ILE AWA DUN OKO NIN FOSHO, ile awa dun oko nin ponmi, ile awa dun oko nin lota.. Ile awa dun oko nin losho

Awww click like if ure a proud #omoOdua like me
Share if not and gerrarahere undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Tobitrueman(m): 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
TamedWolf90:
12. Food!
Variety like you’ve never seen it before!
Etisalat, "Now you're talking"
Na only this one make sense. But the baddest amala and gbegiri absent why?
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by olutosfem(f): 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
I attended a wedding of an igbo colleague ehn..the meat for the jollof na find I dey find am very small thing like that. Yoruba all da way joor most especially awa omo alare as in ijebu gan gan.

4 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Tobitrueman(m): 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
This got me lmao

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland / Kalabari Traditional Wedding Culture in Rivers State / The First Race On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.