Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime (34677 Views)

Highlighting The Ethno-linguistic Groups that Make Up Akoko Ondo / Top Ten Things That Make Yoruba People Unique / A Lifetime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by diara21(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
kudoxs:
So dry! So i will attend a wedding because of the bride's parents, the smiling groom and all the nonsense you wrote up there. The main reason people attend weddings is jollof. That's all!
Lol,yu de mind op,tell people say food no de wedding and see how many people dat will show up..

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Worksunlimited: 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Op! Missed out the single most important factor that people of mogbo moya and won pe wa sugbon a de be crew find attractive to their ministry...

And that is the FOOD wey dem dey serve for there...

The food wey dem dey serve for this parties fit bring people's stomachs out of recession..
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
IamNawty:
baby na me love you pass
Brb lemme go check this thread

Modified; to be sincere it's either am a Yoruba born or nothing else ..
Emi layemi
Ibadi Aran
Ofi Dudu jowa
Ofi pupa joyibo
Eleyinju ege
Idunu Nile oko
Idi ileke
Omo aridunu
Omo ari shayo
Awelewa

Can't wait for that time wen dem iyawo ile will bring me out wit veil on my head singing.. ' OMOKORE Nile awa ooo elegan.. Ewo kam sotita joko Nile oko wa'

And my groom pple will sing.. ' ILE AWA DUN OKO NIN FOSHO, ile awa dun oko nin ponmi, ile awa dun oko nin lota.. Ile awa dun oko nin losho

Awww click like if ure a proud #omoOdua like me
Share if not and gerrarahere undecided
oremi, oremi wink.
Mi o lore werey, mi o lore oshi grin.

Omo to ga
Omo to rewa kiss

The guy wey go carry you will over pay ooo.
Awa ore iyawo grin

4 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
Iamhatey:
oremi, oremi wink.
Mi o lore werey, mi o lore oshi grin.

Omo to ga
Omo to rewa kiss

The guy wey go carry you will over pay ooo.
Awa ore iyawo grin
bestieeeee kiss nah me be ur best lady don't worry.. kiss I wie pack plenty meats home that day ooo
Can't wait for that day too kiss
Oremi toh sense make grin u and obontami wink
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Worksunlimited:
Op! Missed out the single most important factor that people of mogbo moya and won pe wa sugbon a de be crew find attractive to their ministry...

And that is the FOOD wey dem dey serve for there...

The food wey dem dey serve for this parties fit bring people's stomachs out of recession..

the most important thing shuld be owo ori grin
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
IamNawty:
bestieeeee kiss nah me be ur best lady don't worry.. kiss I wie pack plenty meats home that day ooo
Oremi toh sense make grin u and obonta.mi wink
undecided

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by willibounce1(m): 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
Where Is the amala?
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by obontami: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
IamNawty:
Oremi toh sense make grin u and obontami wink

Sisi mi, waa gbayi nti e jare grin

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
At the end of the event, 90% go home to swallow garri n epa...nansense. Years back, one of my neighbour will spend and even borrow to buy cloth that will be worn once, the next day she is walking around with "red eyes" and headache from not having moneybto buy food.
On a wonderful note, you gotta give it to them in the area of orishirishi you find in the soup they serve you.
E seun enyi omo Odua!
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Iamhatey:
undecided
[size=28pt] bestie I love you too tongue[/size]
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
IamNawty:
I love you small sha embarassed

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
Iamhatey:

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
Iamhatey:
[size=20pt]I'm proud to be a Yoruba babe kiss kiss
Iamnawty, I love you because you are yoruba kiss kiss kiss[/size]

Nigerian b4 a yoruba i guess
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
carmag:

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
carmag:

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by jojothaiv(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
dollyjoy:
Applicable to every wedding irrespective of tribe.
Okay, but have you witness one in the Northern Part particularly, Kebbi or Jigawa state before your conclusion..
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=IamNawty post=49863406][/quote] embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Iseoluwani: 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
grin grin grin

Proudly Yoruba ANGEL

2 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by LoveJesus87(m): 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
dominique:
Some of the points apply to weddings in general not only Yoruba weddings
Dis one don dey envy lmao its just incomparable dear cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by homosapien(m): 10:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
teepsee:
Fit me i don't see anything more important there more than the food part, but my problem is they are just too trabalistic. If you don't speak umpaty dafuwa, oboi na tooth pick you go carry go house, and person like me, i do shy away from food in public so i won't even drag.

So i rather don't even bother to attend self undecided

In conclusion, you see them men dragging food like

From what you wrote up there, you haven't attended a yoruba wedding.

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by armpit: 11:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
TamedWolf90:
4. The Groom.

His smile is usually very infectious, and he can’t stop staring at his beautiful bride.
Then the likes of obj and osibanjo are not Yoruba's or they simply did not host a wedding ceremony.

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Kebabs(m): 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
This is common in every wedding na.. Op must be high on yoruba weed. Well i like their talking drums alot.
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by yommen: 4:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Dottore:
The most interesting thing about Yoruba weddings is that both families can go extra miles to borrow money to throw a lavish party only for the newly Married to battle with paying back of loans later

Lies! Not all weddings in Yoruba are big now! Habba.

By the way, its ibos that do these easily do this especially when it comes to bride price issues.

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by yommen: 4:43am On Oct 03, 2016
teepsee:
Fit me i don't see anything more important there more than the food part, but my problem is they are just too trabalistic. If you don't speak umpaty dafuwa, oboi na tooth pick you go carry go house, and person like me, i do shy away from food in public so i won't even drag.

So i rather don't even bother to attend self undecided

In conclusion, you see them men dragging food like

Your claims are not true. Sebi u still dey go Yoba wedding. Its because they are hospitable conpared to you ibos. How many Yoba poeple are often invited to your weddings in the first instance? I see u are blinded by tribalism yourself.

2 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by lordyugo: 7:21am On Oct 03, 2016
IamNawty:

The 2 of u should get a room already its getn weird

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by lordyugo: 7:22am On Oct 03, 2016
Iamhatey:

the 2 of u should get a room already ,getn weird wit all ds BFF
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2016
lordyugo:

the 2 of u should get a room already ,getn weird wit all ds BFF
Iamnawty, what's this one saying

2 Likes

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 7:30am On Oct 03, 2016
lordyugo:

The 2 of u should get a room already its getn weird

1 Like

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 7:32am On Oct 03, 2016
Iamhatey:
Iamnawty, what's this one saying
lordyugo kor.. Lord yoga ni.. Telephone without wire.. Pokenoser dis early morning .. A guy for that Matr

Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 03, 2016
IamNawty:
lordyugo kor.. Lord yoga ni.. Telephone without wire.. Pokenoser dis early morning .. A guy for that Matr
don't even mind him oo grin grin with his tatoo cheesy
Re: 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime by IamNawty(f): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Iamhatey:
don't even mind him oo grin grin with his tatoo cheesy
eh he has tatto? grin lemme Goan check ooo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland / Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin / Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.